lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Revan's Ultimate Love
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-07-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
The Sith'ari

Revan's Ultimate Love

I've seen others speculating that since the canonical exile is female, there will be a romance possibility between her and male Revan in K3. Would you like it to happen, or would you ultimately stick to Bastila?

(I know it's unlikely that we'll play as Revan/ Exile, so it's just a hypothetical question the answer to which I'm interested in knowing.)

Or, is there any way that could make it possible for Revan to choose between the exile and Bastila, even though we don't get to play as either of them? I'd like to see what you creative minds can come up with.
The Sith'ari is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2006, 02:59 PM   #2
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Revan's ultimate love is POWER!!!

Other than that, it'll always be Bastila... or Carth.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2006, 03:24 PM   #3
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
Other than that, it'll always be Bastila... or Carth.
Or Juhani. can't forget Juhani.

And the Exile's ultimate love is Disciple, Atton and Bao-Dur (female)/Handmaiden and Visas and Mira (Male).

Any relation the Exile and Revan will have will be what Bao-Dur had with Exile...basically Exile obeys Revan, his commanding officer:

Revan: Do this, that, and one other thing!
Exile: Okay, boss!
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2006, 03:48 PM   #4
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Bao-Dur and Mira were not love interests for the Exile. IIRC, they considered it for Bao-Dur but cut it from the game. And though the male Exile can flirt with Mira, she flatly turns him down every time.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2006, 05:10 PM   #5
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, I don't think Exile and Revan would come together.

Bastila and Revan is quite established, seeing how the story goes.

Exile(f) and the pooptard stalker, however, is only briefly mentioned. Then again, I would be happy to see this so-called poor excuse of a perv jedi stalker Disciple to be whiped from canon starwars as much as possable, so my words are quite unfair.

But by now we have all noticed that romance in k1 is far more indepth than k2. Oh, please note FoC of E@W, is that a Revan/Exile army of sith?
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2006, 05:13 PM   #6
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
Bao-Dur and Mira were not love interests for the Exile. IIRC, they considered it for Bao-Dur but cut it from the game. And though the male Exile can flirt with Mira, she flatly turns him down every time.
Erm. Oops. I forgot, my bad.

And, of course, I'm lucky there is no canon in the Kotor series. I actually prefer the Visas romance to Bastila's romance. Visas and the Exile had the same crimustance (being stripped of the Force), and Force Sight is a much more awesome gift than a Kiss.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:22 PM   #7
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
It's an interesting idea, though I'd be curious as to how Revan would get rid of Bastila.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2006, 12:19 AM   #8
Nancy Allen``
Banned

I'd love it if there was a Revan\Exile romance option, these two are unquestionably the best characters in KOTOR, but if it wasn't going to work I'd go with the Revan\Bastila and Exile\Atton ones. They make the most sense.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2006, 12:24 AM   #9
Beast-Thrasher
Rookie

I would go with Revan and Bastila too but For the Exile I would go with the Disciple, I know he's kind of a tool but atleast he's got brains, Atton is well, oie a whole other story.

As for Revan dumping Bastila for the Exile it would be funny. He comes back after being gone for six years comes back and she's all excited and he's just like uhhh ya well we had a good run...
Beast-Thrasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2006, 12:27 AM   #10
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Well, they could have it there wasn't a romance, but odds are it'll be canon.

As for Exile\Atton, yeah Mical would be better for her but her and Atton deserve each other, neither can ever get an even break and both are put through the wringer.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:59 AM   #11
Beast-Thrasher
Rookie

No dice, Atton may deserve her but he's so dumb some times. I just like the Disciple better for my LSF Exile, probably cause the first time I played through I got the Disciple at the near end, just before you hit telos again so I assumed he was the main love interest for females characters.The one with the asian face with the thing hanging from her hair that's the one that gets Mical.

Although for my DSF Exiles Atton can have them, just not my Canon Exile. On a play through as a DSF Exile I got more influence with Atton and expected him to come to my character at the end but nope it was Mical again, I thought that was kind of odd but oh well...

Although I know a lot of woman that would go with Atton since he's kinda the bad boy and the Disciple is just good guy, maybe in K3 Atton will teach him how to be more badass....naw
Old 11-10-2006, 03:02 AM   #12
tbl
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScope001
Any relation the Exile and Revan will have will be what Bao-Dur had with Exile...basically Exile obeys Revan, his commanding officer:

Revan: Do this, that, and one other thing!
Exile: Okay, boss!
That was in the madalorian wars when the exile was just an ordinary jedi knight. After giving up the force and becoming a 'wound', he gained Force Super Bad-assness (about at the same level as Samuel L. Jackson in Snakes on a Plane, or ninja-jedis). He/She* would be more powerful in Revan, unless something happened to Revan in the unkonown region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScope001
Visas and the Exile had the same crimustance (being stripped of the Force), and Force Sight is a much more awesome gift than a Kiss.
Or is it...

*not quite ready to accept the canonical gender.
tbl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2006, 03:14 AM   #13
Beast-Thrasher
Rookie

I find it funny with the canonical genders because both match my views on wheter Revan and the Exile were a man or a woman. And I never knew they did till long after I played, I was like hey what the...ALRIGHT!

My 'real' Revan is Male L2 Soldier, L18 JGuardian, pure LS with twin blue sabers until He finds those special crystals

My 'real' Exile is Female L15 JConsular, L35 JMaster, pure LS with a DB viridian blade.

So I'm hoping that if KIII gets made that they 'canonical the gender female' with a gleeming Golden Yellow Dooku Style lightsaber. At first I wanted male but then I changed my mind.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:06 AM   #14
legend222
Rookie

Canon or not there's no way I'm going to play with a female it's simply not my style. And besides G. Lucas has stated that the only true canon are the movies. He also said that he doesn't read the EU comics and that the reason why he doesn't consider them canon is because another author may have a differnt opinion on character and may write differntly from G. L. so the only canon are the movies the canon for the game is only for EU (If Lucas doesn't consider them canon why should I). But if I have to chose I'd take Bastila not a LSF Exile.
legend222 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2006, 06:18 AM   #15
Windu Chi
Banned

Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
I'd love it if there was a Revan\Exile romance option, these two are unquestionably the best characters in KOTOR, but if it wasn't going to work I'd go with the Revan\Bastila and Exile\Atton ones. They make the most sense.
I'd like to see Handmaiden/Exile and Bastila/Revan or Mira/Exile but she is a tough chick to crack.
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2006, 12:17 PM   #16
The Sith'ari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast-Thrasher
Although for my DSF Exiles Atton can have them, just not my Canon Exile. On a play through as a DSF Exile I got more influence with Atton and expected him to come to my character at the end but nope it was Mical again, I thought that was kind of odd but oh well...
Isn't it always Mical, despite who your influence leans towards?
Old 11-10-2006, 01:35 PM   #17
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
*not quite ready to accept the canonical gender.
Canonical gender is Female Exile, in K2. The Visas Romance occurs if you are Male. I was going against canon.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #18
The Sith'ari

Erm...perhaps the discussion falls a bit short of focus here? I guess the focus is whether Revan/Bastila is more desirable, or Revan/Exile, and that how do you perceive the possible romance between Revan/Exile.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #19
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Dragon's Dogma
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! Hot Topic Starter 
Definatly the Exile. There would be a whole ton of angst and debating and self-convincing, of course, but I figure that, once Revan gets the rest of his memories back and meets up with the Exile...Bastila more or less gets pushed on the wayside, possibly falling to the Dark Side again...

Fun fun

ForceFightWMe12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2006, 08:51 AM   #20
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
Revan's ultimate love is POWER!!!
QFT!

Anyway, I'd say, a romance wouldn't work. And Bastila is so cute and beautiful... the Exile has no chance at all.
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2006, 12:55 PM   #21
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Hmm. tough call. Last one before I'm off to work.

Revan+Exile--just because it is more flexible a story line and would allow the plot writers simply an easier time trying to make the game.....

Then again it could cause confusion--though what meatbag doesn't these days? Least controversial. Maybe I'm wrong. Mor unknowns is part of the excitement isn't it?

Or just no romance at all from any past characters. Starts here.

Hey EvIn, it was cool making your accquaintence--why not go over to telos and comment on my Dark Woman and Darth Traya Similarities thread? I have a similar set of questions about what kind of women they would be in terms of a romance relationship. Erm, sorta.
Both seem to have a sort of maternal side.
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2006, 06:00 PM   #22
Nancy Allen``
Banned

How about female Revan and Juhani?

YEAH BABY!!!
Old 12-08-2006, 06:42 PM   #23
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
I prefer my Revan sticking with Bastila.

My Exile wouldn't trust Revan enough to get into a relationship with him. Try to kill me once shame on you, try to kill me twice shame on me.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2006, 06:53 PM   #24
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Did he? Was the Exile considered one of those not loyal to Revan?

Well, she chose not to fall to the Dark Side like Revan did. I interpreted her loss of the Force as the pain from what happened at Malechor to be so great (like how Obi Wan senses the destruction of Alderaan) that she cut it off.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:27 PM   #25
Master Kavar

Quote:
How about female Revan and Juhani?

YEAH BABY!!!
I say no...As exotic as Juhani may be, she's a tad emotionally unstable. One moment she's praising you, the next she's declaring "I vil be your DOOOM!"

And in response to the topic, a pairing between Revan and the Jedi Exile would just be a terrible idea. Why do so many people want to see them get together? Besides being Jedi they have nothing in common, and would be completly incompatible even if they were both unattached. Which of course they aren't.
Master Kavar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-08-2006, 11:01 PM   #26
Point Man
Seeker of Truth

I say keep Revan and Bastila together. Call me a hopeless romantic, but I always have Revan redeem Bastila through the "I love you" option. He would not ditch her. He is bonded to her and owes his existence to her, as she does to him.

Show me a man who is twenty and not a liberal, and I will show you a man with no heart.
Show me a man who is forty and not a conservative, and I will show you a man with no brain.

Point Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2006, 12:25 AM   #27
DARTH_DANZIG
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend222
Canon or not there's no way I'm going to play with a female it's simply not my style. And besides G. Lucas has stated that the only true canon are the movies. He also said that he doesn't read the EU comics and that the reason why he doesn't consider them canon is because another author may have a differnt opinion on character and may write differntly from G. L. so the only canon are the movies the canon for the game is only for EU (If Lucas doesn't consider them canon why should I). But if I have to chose I'd take Bastila not a LSF Exile.

And that is precisely the way it should be, O only he declares how things are run the mot real way because in the end it's all his anyway. I'm glad that I"ve finally seen someone step up and recognize that through all this foggery of over-oppinionated chatter.

SAMHAIN HAS REACHED THE FORCE!!!
Jedi are going mad, chaos is ensuing everywhere!!! And all this time the masters were still trying to piece together how you get the handle to just stay on the belt! A drunk jedi is always up for a good fight!!!
"Jawa juice?" "No make it a visarian brandy, I'm gonna need to clear my mind after that last mission."
"You know what I always wanted to see? A celebrity death match dual between Palpatine and GG allin"

Please refrain from using foul language in your signature and your posts in general. Thanks.
~LF Staff
DARTH_DANZIG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2006, 02:53 AM   #28
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I always see LSF Exile pairing with Atton, not a male Revan. Since I almost always play a female Revan anyway (love the Carth romance), it'd end up being a LSF Revan with a LSM Exile, and I just can't imagine a LSF Revan with anyone but Carth.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2006, 02:58 AM   #29
DARTH_DANZIG
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
I always see LSF Exile pairing with Atton, not a male Revan. Since I almost always play a female Revan anyway (love the Carth romance), it'd end up being a LSF Revan with a LSM Exile, and I just can't imagine a LSF Revan with anyone but Carth.

......Just as I can't see male revan with any except bastila, and only haindmaiden, mission, twi lek massagers, twi lek girlfriend of missions brother and mira on the side, and oh yea chick exile.

Jedi are going mad, chaos is ensuing everywhere!!! And all this time the masters were still trying to piece together how you get the handle to just stay on the belt! A drunk jedi is always up for a good fight!!!
"Jawa juice?" "No make it a visarian brandy, I'm gonna need to clear my mind after that last mission."
"You know what I always wanted to see? A celebrity death match dual between Palpatine and GG allin"

Please refrain from using foul language in your signature and your posts in general. Thanks.
~LF Staff
Old 12-09-2006, 02:59 AM   #30
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Kavar
I say no...As exotic as Juhani may be, she's a tad emotionally unstable. One moment she's praising you, the next she's declaring "I vil be your DOOOM!"
Yeah, Juhani was certainly the walking wounded. Chalk this one up to me and my admiration for allowing a lesbian romance in Star Wars. Shame Mission was too young, she might have gone for it.

Quote:
And in response to the topic, a pairing between Revan and the Jedi Exile would just be a terrible idea. Why do so many people want to see them get together? Besides being Jedi they have nothing in common, and would be completly incompatible even if they were both unattached. Which of course they aren't.
They both defied the Order, fought in the Mandalorian Wars, rule harder than anyone else in the game possibly could.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:08 AM   #31
DARTH_DANZIG
Rookie

Quote:

...UH, yea, there's that, and might as well please myself holding razor blades less than having her come anywhere near me with those saber teeth.

~LF Staff
Old 12-09-2006, 05:10 AM   #32
The Sith'ari

Jae, is it just me, or have you become a moderator only recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARTH_DANZIG
And that is precisely the way it should be, O only he declares how things are run the mot real way because in the end it's all his anyway. I'm glad that I"ve finally seen someone step up and recognize that through all this foggery of over-oppinionated chatter.
Well yah, but who cares if it's canon, as long as we enjoy the story. Why not see it this way: Yes GL is the creator of SW but once the basis was created, many other came along and joined the party and filled in the unknown regions in the SW universe, thus we've got the EU today. After all, SW is in our own mind, we can take it as we perceive it; what's in our mind is not GL's anymore- we claimed it as our own. So, there's nothing as a "over-opinionated chatter".
Old 12-09-2006, 05:10 AM   #33
Nancy Allen``
Banned

These should shed some light on Revan's relationships. First a few comics from the legendary Shinga on the people in Revan's life.

I know Revan's meant to be male but here's one with Bastila.

As for Revan and Exile, I cannot go past nieregreenleaf and this piece portraying a double date.

Old 12-09-2006, 05:36 AM   #34
DARTH_DANZIG
Rookie

Quote:
These should shed some light on Revan's relationships. First a few comics from the legendary Shinga on the people in Revan's life.

I know Revan's meant to be male but here's one with Bastila.

As for Revan and Exile, I cannot go past nieregreenleaf and this piece portraying a double date.

Why am I glad those images won't come out on my computer? Something tells me that's a good thing.

~LF Staff
Old 12-09-2006, 05:40 AM   #35
Nancy Allen``
Banned

The comics are all of female Revan, and have her reaction to Carth being angsty over who she was, commenting on Juhani's mood swings and dealing with a whiney Bastila. The pic is Revan and Exile going on a date with Carth and Atton...there's a follow up to that, and these arn't by any means the worst. Check out the big fan made comic anthologies sometime...oh dear oh dear.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:45 AM   #36
The Sith'ari

Seems like access to those images are forbidden. My mac can't load those images too. But what exactly do you want to show by posting those fanfics?
Old 12-09-2006, 05:48 AM   #37
Nancy Allen``
Banned

They're funny, extremely funny. Moreover they're quite in character of Revan. Official word on Revan's relationships with the characters? Hell no. That comes in Sith Lords, male = Bastila and female = Carth, no word on Juhani.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:58 AM   #38
DARTH_DANZIG
Rookie

Quote:
The comics are all of female Revan, and have her reaction to Carth being angsty over who she was, commenting on Juhani's mood swings and dealing with a whiney Bastila. The pic is Revan and Exile going on a date with Carth and Atton...there's a follow up to that, and these arn't by any means the worst. Check out the big fan made comic anthologies sometime...oh dear oh dear.

Wow, you really didn't have to state that onmy account. I got the impression you were annoyed by the likes of me. So whatever it's worth thank.
I am always up for different perspectives.

Quote:
They're funny, extremely funny. Moreover they're quite in character of Revan. Official word on Revan's relationships with the characters? Hell no. That comes in Sith Lords, male = Bastila and female = Carth, no word on Juhani.

....You want the word on juhani?
I scattered her entrails all over the grove, then had her traitorous friend clean it up orally. The end.

~LF Staff
Old 12-09-2006, 06:04 AM   #39
Windu Chi
Banned

Cool Guy

Quote:
Yeah, Juhani was certainly the walking wounded. Chalk this one up to me and my admiration for allowing a lesbian romance in Star Wars. Shame Mission was too young, she might have gone for it.
You are a freaky girl, Nancy.

I'm not sure about Juhani being Revan's lover, but she maybe a freak in the bedroom.
The male exile might enjoy that behavior of Juhani.
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-09-2006, 06:11 AM   #40
DARTH_DANZIG
Rookie

So then you know what?
I think I finally thought up an acceptable title for the next game.
Star Wars kotor III: Deep space {Snip} Let's not go there, thanks. -RH

~LF Staff

Last edited by RedHawke; 12-13-2006 at 03:13 AM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Revan's Ultimate Love