lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How do i edit attribute amounts?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-09-2006, 06:35 PM   #1
Zakhennahr
Lurker

How do i edit attribute amounts?

Is there any way to edit the amount of attributes given at the beginning (let's say instead of 30, 50...) and to change it so you get a new attribute every two levels intstead of four? (I think it would be nice to use in conjunction with the hardcore mod... my opinion)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Zakhennahr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2006, 01:49 AM   #2
Lit Ridl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakhennahr
Is there any way to edit the amount of attributes given at the beginning (let's say instead of 30, 50...) and to change it so you get a new attribute every two levels intstead of four? (I think it would be nice to use in conjunction with the hardcore mod... my opinion)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Open your Kotor Tool.
Go to Kotor I/BIFs/2da.bif/2D Array OR Kotor II/BIFs/2da.bif /2D Array
Search there for the classes.2da
See labels?
So, in this example we'll change starting amount for Jedi Guardian (for Kotor II).
Jedi Guradian's row number is 3.
Scroll left, and look for str, dex, con, int, wis, cha.
For example change them all (on the third row!) to 50. Go to File/Save As 2DA v2.b... And save this file to your Kotor II/Override folder.
When you will start new game and will select your attributes, click Recommended and you'll see all your attributes on 50!
The same is for Kotor I.

{snip, most of my mods are on my computer}

My website

My pcgamemods page
Also you may find some of my mods on FileFront
Lit Ridl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2006, 06:50 AM   #3
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
To answer your other question, no you can't change when you gain attribute points, it is hard-coded at one every 4 levels.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2006, 08:30 AM   #4
Lit Ridl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
To answer your other question, no you can't change when you gain attribute points, it is hard-coded at one every 4 levels.
But it looks like he'd asked about how to get attribute points while starting new game.

{snip, most of my mods are on my computer}

My website

My pcgamemods page
Also you may find some of my mods on FileFront
Lit Ridl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2006, 05:35 PM   #5
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Zakhennahr, I made a mod that made those types of changes you want linked below.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=168417

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2006, 06:49 AM   #6
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lit Ridl
But it looks like he'd asked about how to get attribute points while starting new game.
If you re-read the post it also asks about the attribute points gained when levelling up. Hence I answered the part you didn't.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2006, 09:56 AM   #7
Zakhennahr
Lurker

Thank you all for replying, now i know why i couldn't find it in any of the 2da's last night ah, there goes my mod idea... i even changed the amount of levels you can gain to 100... t'was... "fun"...
Zakhennahr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > KotOR Tool > How do i edit attribute amounts?