lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: I can help you understand the story!!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-29-2006, 02:44 PM   #1
Lord Ritly
Rookie

Exclamation I can help you understand the story!!!

I have been playing TSL for 4 years and now I know the mysterious storyline that everyone have been confused about. I relized that Obsidion wanted you to hear & read the storyline than see the story like Bioware did. If anyone needs help understanding the story, I'm all ears.

(note: There will be spoilers in this, & I don't know stuff outside the game like cast members names, directors & etc.)

"If you were to face an ancient Sith Lord in combat, you would learn we are but children playing with toys compare to the power of the old Masters."
Lord Ritly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2006, 06:47 PM   #2
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

How can you have played it for 4 years when it wasnt even out 4 years ago?
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2006, 06:57 PM   #3
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Current Game: SMT: Imagine
Possibly just an expression of speech saying he wasted two years of his life on his room eating chips and playing RPG's. Just kidding.
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2006, 05:01 AM   #4
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
LOL! You got him there Zat.

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2006, 06:03 PM   #5
Lord Ritly
Rookie

Well 3 3/4 years, I thought it came out in 2002. Anyways do you actually have a question or are you being a technical turkey?

Actually it was popcorn. (lol)

"If you were to face an ancient Sith Lord in combat, you would learn we are but children playing with toys compare to the power of the old Masters."
Old 10-30-2006, 06:06 PM   #6
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

2002, WTF? Dude, K2 was out on America at Christmas time and in Europe 15th of February 2005.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:17 PM   #7
Lord Ritly
Rookie

2005!? I thought it came in 2003 or 2004! It seemed a lot longer than that, and I don't see the game to much in stores anymore. Sombody please hit me!

Old 10-30-2006, 06:48 PM   #8
Darth SINner
Rookie

KOTOR came out in 2003 KOTOR II came out in 05
Darth SINner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2006, 07:35 PM   #9
JadeHeretic
Lurker

Quite right. To be more specific, KOTOR II was released on December 6, 2004 for the XBox and February 8, 2005 for the PC.

Sorry, I don't have a question about the "mysterious" storyline, other than to wonder how much better it might have been with all the cut content intact.

JadeHeretic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2006, 01:04 PM   #10
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Here are all the experts, so I guess you won't need to explain the story to them.
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #11
HerbieZ
Mythical Beast

To be honest i think the story is what we make of it, not what a person tells us. You and i may have come to seperate conclusions about the story that neither one of us would like to see changed until they solidify the story more with Kotor 3.

Waking up.
HerbieZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2006, 03:07 PM   #12
Mace MacLeod
Food-based rocker

Current Game: World of Warcraft
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ritly
Sombody please hit me!
*WHACK*

Be considerate to others or I will bite your torso and give you a disease!
Mace MacLeod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2006, 05:42 PM   #13
Lord Ritly
Rookie

Thank you Mace.

True, but I notice people in some forumes are going "WTF, Why did Krea did that!" (Or something like it.), or "I don't get it!" I thought I could help them understand, but I see everyone knows every secret.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:19 PM   #14
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Lool.

"You'll find that i am full of surprises." - LucasForums.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #15
Lantzen
Aku Soku Zan

Like HerbieZ sayed, diffrent people have diffrent opinion on the game, i have seen numerous debates about the story, and more then half of them aint what i think
Lantzen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2006, 10:22 AM   #16
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
Well Lord Ritly it seems you're looking for questions to answer.
Usually it's the other way around but, alright.

First off, Welcome!

Why is it that when Kreia confronts Sion in the beginning, he only cuts off her hand?

Why doesn't he kill her and how does she escape?

All the times I've played, I've never discussed this with her.

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2006, 07:34 PM   #17
Lord Ritly
Rookie

Well cutting off the hand is a mark of the sith and to disarm her so he can kill an helpless opponent. Also, Kreia needs to manipulate the Exile so he can't escape her grip. When she saw Sion she got the bright idea to make the force bond to harness the Exile. How she escape could be kinda obvious, Sion wants to kill the Exile, the last of the JEDI, more than Kreia. Sion could've shown mercy & let her go, or Kreia tricked Sion & used the force to unlocked the doors. ( that is shown in the Jekk Jekk Tar if Hannhar were your choise.)

Old 11-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #18
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
hold the press, since when was cutting someones hand off a sign of the sith??

personally i dont think kreia escaped or anything, i think that sion just let her live because he thought she would suffer more from living than him killing her, and sion would believe she was no longer a threat to him because he and nihilus had cut her connection from the force, he may also believe she could act as an example of what happened if you messed with darth sion.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2006, 11:58 PM   #19
Lord Ritly
Rookie

It's tricky, Jedi do not kill helpless opponents, but they disarm them. (no pun intended) Sith like to kill helpless oppenents, Anikin kills dooku even though he doesn't like it. We don't see it but I think Sion was playing with Kreia, making her suffer then to kill her, but maybe sion was tricked by Kreia. That is what I think what happened.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:27 AM   #20
KaraPeters
Rookie

Don't sweat it, babe. It was an appreciated effort.

DIE GOTO DIE
KaraPeters is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2006, 12:35 PM   #21
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

I like to hear your views on this.

Kriea wants to destroy the Force (or, at the least, destroy the connections to the Force), by creating an echo greater than Malachor, according to Atris. How?

Why did she fail? Or did she fail?
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2006, 04:09 PM   #22
Lord Ritly
Rookie

If Malacore deafened the Exile through the force, then she would have to kill several planets, all the Jedi, & all the Sith! I guess without their teachings no one would hear the force. It would be dead to everyone in the galaxy. Also, she could mean nihilius power and actually suck the force right up, makeing the planet dead. I think she failed because ALL THINGS are touched by the force, if she wants to kill it, then she would have to kill the entire galaxy! I would go for the deafened galaxy theory.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:05 AM   #23
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
Very well my Lord, you are observant and wise.

I'm not sure if dismemberment is a mark of the sith, however it is a prevelant theme in StarWars. It always seems to happen around lightsabers, hmmm...

I don't have much interest in the whole "wound in the force" thing.
To me, that's where this story went a bit south. Kreia's po'd about her own dependance on the force and she's madly jealous of the Exile's ability to be cut off from it and not only survive, but become even stronger. She needs to take a midol and chill out.

I do have another question, my lord. If you have the time and inclination.

Ratrin Vhek claims to have owned the Ebon Hawk and had it stolen from him sometime near the close of the Mandalorian wars. He says that he was on a routine run in the mid rim.

Who's ship was it originally and how did Davik Kang end up with it?

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2006, 12:22 PM   #24
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Vector Thrust
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus Q'ol
I'm not sure if dismemberment is a mark of the sith, however it is a prevelant theme in StarWars. It always seems to happen around lightsabers, hmmm...
IIRC there was something along those lines mentioned in the Legacy comics, but I'm not sure of that.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2006, 07:02 PM   #25
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus Q'ol
Darn hands and heads just keep getting in the way.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2006, 08:17 PM   #26
Lord Ritly
Rookie

I know, I want mechanicle hands so that if they get cut, I could just buy new ones.

I saw a mod about the history of the Ebon Hawk, but I didn't check it out. Search your feelings padawan, The Ebon Hawk was THE fastest ship in the galaxy. That Vhek probably did supply runs for the war effort. Then the prisoner from Daviks embassy said he origonaly had it and he knows the security codes to unlock it. Aparently the prisoner stole the ship from vhek for smuggling. The prisoner most likely didn't pay his debt to Kang wanted his ship for buisness. The original owner of the Ebon Hawk is unkown to me & insignificant, the games original owner is Revan, & that is enough.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:41 AM   #27
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
Why does Kreia bring Hanharr back to life?

What is that big yellow thingy in space in the DS ending?

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2006, 11:00 AM   #28
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Kotor
Why does Kreia bring Hanharr back to life?
So she will have another pawn to play against the Exile's companions when she must finally reveal her true self.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2006, 06:38 PM   #29
Lord Ritly
Rookie

Kreia brought back Hannhar for his strength and rage, like what she did with Mandalore, she want the Exile to be safe, & perhaps help him/her to learn about strength. That big yellow thing in the DS movie is a Nebula, I suppose it represents the Unknown regions where Revan went after Korriban. I heard it's supposed to be a mural of Revan, but I don't beleive it.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #30
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Not that i agree with alot of what you say, but thats what makes opinions great

I have a couple of questions for you;

1. What happens to your party members on Malachor?
2. Where does Bao Durr disapear too before Malachor?
3. Why is it the Eban Hawk, gets destroyed on Malachor, and then is resurected to resuce you?

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
Old 11-08-2006, 10:28 PM   #31
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
I can field number two.

Bao is supposed to die in TSL, I believe. In the cut content, he's killed on the droid planet, M4-78.

I can also take number three.

I wasn't as destroyed as you thought it was.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2006, 10:34 PM   #32
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Well i had heard he was supposed to die, the rumour id heard was he was involved/died on the side quest involving the HK Factory on telos, but people over at TSLRP gave me the impression Bao Durr just dissapeared off the scale just before Darth Nihilus attacks Citadel Station.

I quite like good old Bao though (mainly as im a lightsider) and would like to see him in the next, thought he was a good bloke really.

Old 11-08-2006, 10:36 PM   #33
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Bao is supposed to die in TSL, I believe. In the cut content, he's killed on the droid planet, M4-78.
I've extensively looked through what M4-78 content still exists, Doc. The only place I've seen that is Wookieepedia. It's also contradicted by how other cut content mentions Bao-Dur being alive when Nihilus attacks Telos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2006, 10:44 PM   #34
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Alright, my bad. But point three still stands.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2006, 10:49 PM   #35
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

It doesn't any more.

Probably to give the player a shock. It's also more dramatic, and there would be no sense in the Hawk being able to stay in a chasm without falling for that long.

Quote:
Old 11-09-2006, 06:22 PM   #36
Lord Ritly
Rookie

1) The Mass Shadow generator suposed to crush everything in its gravity, so Bao Dur problaby said don't go out or you are crushed. With the lak of animation Obsidian didn't have time to make the Exile walking hunched over of the gravity. Although, I have no idea how the generator kills the Mandalorians, but it sounds like it's gravity. Obsidian probably overlooked this because of the rushing.

2) A sidequest for HK factory!? I know I talked to HK for where he was made but it was a dead end. Bao Dur was haunted by Malacores destruction he was a chicken. or he was on the Ebon Hawk but the story was concerning the Exile & Traya, not anyone else. Mira was tieing up the loose end on where Hannhar went.

3)The Ebon hawk has two ends, LS Bao Dur, Atton, & T3-M4 fixed the Ebon Hawk during the fall & tracked the Exile's Signal to Malacores Core, then flew out while malacore was destroyed. DS however, has a stranger ending. The Ebon Hawk was never seen fleeing out of Malacore which led me to believe the ship and the passangers where killed, & the Exile is the Dark Lord of Trayas Achademy.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:20 PM   #37
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
1) The Mass Shadow generator suposed to crush everything in its gravity, so Bao Dur problaby said don't go out or you are crushed. With the lak of animation Obsidian didn't have time to make the Exile walking hunched over of the gravity. Although, I have no idea how the generator kills the Mandalorians, but it sounds like it's gravity. Obsidian probably overlooked this because of the rushing.
It was gravity, and when it was activated at the end of the Mandalorian Wars, the Mandalorian fleet was crushed by the increased gravity. Note that Malachor V is sacred ground the Mandalorians, so that they could never set foot on the planet. It seems the entire final battle was fought in space over Malachor V until the MSG was activated.

Quote:
2) A sidequest for HK factory!? I know I talked to HK for where he was made but it was a dead end.
Yes, it's cut content removed from the game. Remember the HK-50 unit you find in the military base on Telos that explodes after taking a few steps? Right in that area is a door you cannot enter. That was supposed to lead to the HK factory, which was on a sublevel, but could only be reached by HK-47. Thankfully Team Gizka will restore when the TSLRP is done.

Quote:
Bao Dur was haunted by Malacores destruction he was a chicken. or he was on the Ebon Hawk but the story was concerning the Exile & Traya, not anyone else.
The Exile's background is closely tied to the events of the final battle over Malachor V when he cut himself off from the force. It is THE single most signifcant even of the Exile's past, and the only person who was there to share it with him was Bao-Dur. And just as the Exile blames himself for ordering the use of the MSG and killing thousands of jedi and Mandalorians, so Bao-Dur blames himself for building the ghastly thing in the first place. They also both hold the other one blameless, since the Exile feels it was his responsibility for using the MSG and not Bao-Dur, since he merely built it. Bao-Dur, of course, blames himself for building this technological terror he constructed (!) and therefore holds responsibility for its use, while he sees the Exile as blameless, since there was no other choice. It makes the Exile and Bao-Dur like "old warbuddies", because they share an experience neither of them can bear to talk about, and which they cannot share with anyone else.

Quote:
Mira was tieing up the loose end on where Hannhar went.
Yes, but I guess the question is more why Kreia kept the old carpet alive in the first place...

Quote:
3)The Ebon hawk has two ends, LS Bao Dur, Atton, & T3-M4 fixed the Ebon Hawk during the fall & tracked the Exile's Signal to Malacores Core, then flew out while malacore was destroyed. DS however, has a stranger ending. The Ebon Hawk was never seen fleeing out of Malacore which led me to believe the ship and the passangers where killed, & the Exile is the Dark Lord of Trayas Achademy.
Perhaps. Actually we don't know what became of the Ebon Hawk in the DS ending, because it's never relevant, since the Exile stays on Malachor as its new lord. This does not preclude that the Ebon Hawk might have survived just fine. In the LS ending, however, you definitely need the Ebon Hawk, or the Exile and the entire crew will all be killed when Malachor V is destroyed.

There is also speculation as to what became of Bao-Dur. I hear these persistent rumors that he was supposed to be killed in the plot at some point, which is apparently the reason why he talks to Remote only through a holographic recording on Malachor V. He is also absent from the crewlist at that point, having been replaced by Remote. Kreia also never mentions him in her final predictions. Not sure about that one, though...

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2006, 01:20 AM   #38
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
It was gravity, and when it was activated at the end of the Mandalorian Wars, the Mandalorian fleet was crushed by the increased gravity. Note that Malachor V is sacred ground the Mandalorians, so that they could never set foot on the planet. It seems the entire final battle was fought in space over Malachor V until the MSG was activated.
Note completely... I think it's more likely that all ships were drawn to the location of the generator like a black hole. It's the only thing which accounts for how Malachor is made of five planets fused together, and how in the LS ending they fall apart into five major chunks.

Quote:
And just as the Exile blames himself for ordering the use of the MSG and killing thousands of jedi and Mandalorians,
My Exile doesn't mind how she commited mass genocide, thank you.

Quote:
Yes, but I guess the question is more why Kreia kept the old carpet alive in the first place...
As was previously stated, she wanted another pawn. Kreia isn't the type to let anything go to waste.

Quote:
Perhaps. Actually we don't know what became of the Ebon Hawk in the DS ending, because it's never relevant, since the Exile stays on Malachor as its new lord.
Unlikely, Jediphile, as both LS and DS Exiles are aware of the True Sith. The DS one didn't just leave Malachor in a dramatic voyage to the unknown, as the Sith at the academy would not doubt have been at each other's throats. Not very good for the goals of the Sith.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #39
MetalMark

How can Bao-dur have died before Malachor?? After the battle with Kreia you can ask her everything, when you ask her about your party members Bao-dur is still an option. So he hasn't died, but still she can't predict his future.
MetalMark is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #40
The Sith'ari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace MacLeod
*WHACK*
That's hilarious to me!
The Sith'ari is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > I can help you understand the story!!!