lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight?
Revan 149 74.13%
Nihilus 52 25.87%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Revan VS. Nihilus... who would win
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-14-2007, 04:11 PM   #401
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer
 
Titanius Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD Radu
Revan would heaved wiped the floor with Nihilus and all his wound in the force. Man, he conquered the galaxy and then left, now that's power.
Um, I'm sorry, but your reasoning just doesn't make any since. Would you mind explaining how you think Revan would win, if you can?

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
Thats just my 2 cents. Now, onto people bashing me for loving Revan!
What is there to bash? I like Revan too, I just realize that he's not an all-powerful super-human. The only thing I hate about Revan is how many fan-boys/girls he draws in and how those fan-boys/girls treat him as some god for the simple reason that he was an intelligent and powerful Jedi with a sweet robe/hood who you could play as in a game.

Oh and I agree with you completely.


Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may:
Old 05-15-2007, 08:30 PM   #402
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
He came to get Visas. Pretty obvious, really...
Visas I think he would've been able to sense before the attack on Katarr. I never got the impression that his mass-drain of all its inhabitants affected her connection to the Force (that was when he "made her see" IMO).

In any case, would've been more efficient just to go get her first and drain the Jedi Masters when she was back on the Ravager... He probably didn't predict she'd survive his mega-drain and seemed to value her life somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
Since the exile is (also) a wound in the force, I'm not sure if Nihilus could even sense him before he got close.
I think Nihilus would be able to sense her. The regular Sith Assassins could, and Nihilus is basically an uber version of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
As for Kreia, it's obvious that it'll be closer, since they were both together on Malachor V when he decided betray her and kick her out.
I think it still shows he prefers to eat his victims up close. It would've been more efficient if he never bothered walking across the bridge to the Trayus core and just drained her from a distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Ave
But I don't consider Nihilus to be "anybody". It is not even a thing. It is a moving wound in the Force, no longer a man or even a living being. The best way I can think to put it is a Black Hole.
Well said. I've always seen Nihilus as more of a force of nature like a tornado or monsoon than a living being.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 05-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #403
Vaelastraz
Veteran
 
Vaelastraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: City 17. It's safer.
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon

I think it still shows he prefers to eat his victims up close. It would've been more efficient if he never bothered walking across the bridge to the Trayus core and just drained her from a distance.

But Nihilus didn't kill Kreia, he didn't want to consume her. He and Sion showed just wanted to show her that she's absolutely helpless against them I think. Therefore (and for the audience) Nihilus walked right up to her and together they overpowered her without actually killing her...
Vaelastraz is offline   you may:
Old 05-17-2007, 03:37 AM   #404
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,900
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
I don't know about you guys but when I watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IobIh...elated&search=

I'm more convinced that Revan wouldn't stand a chance against Nihilus.


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may:
Old 05-17-2007, 04:20 AM   #405
Vaelastraz
Veteran
 
Vaelastraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: City 17. It's safer.
Posts: 851
Indeed, not in single combat. But this video is imo totally crappy done. A display of Nihilus power should be more impressive.

Also, how come Sion survives, when Nihilus drains him. Sion without the force is NOT immortal. The only possible explanation is that he doesn't want to kill him.
Vaelastraz is offline   you may:
Old 05-17-2007, 04:48 AM   #406
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,900
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
Indeed, not in single combat. But this video is imo totally crappy done. A display of Nihilus power should be more impressive.
I disagree. That was an awesome display of power.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
Also, how come Sion survives, when Nihilus drains him. Sion without the force is NOT immortal. The only possible explanation is that he doesn't want to kill him.
You've totally forgot who Sion is and what he is capable of doing.



Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may:
Old 05-17-2007, 05:08 AM   #407
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
Also, how come Sion survives, when Nihilus drains him. Sion without the force is NOT immortal. The only possible explanation is that he doesn't want to kill him.
Resurrection is Sion's strength - you can kill him as many times as you like, he'll still come back.

I would agree with the comparison someone made to Wolverine in "X-Men: The Last Stand", where Phoenix kills all others around her, but she can't kill Wolverine because he heals so quickly that she can't finish him off.

You could be right that Nihilus does not want to kill Sion, however. Nihilus' motives and intentions are - as always - unknown, which is one of the things that makes him interesting.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may:
Old 05-17-2007, 02:06 PM   #408
Christos K
Forumite
 
Christos K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 743
About that power in the video, Revan would not just turn on his lightsaber and turn around running and laughing like some mentle person. Revan would probably force jump and turn his lightsaber on right when he is about to hit Nihilus. But Nihilus could still get Revan in time even though I still believe there is a defense against that power... besides the Exile. The power that Kreia uses is not the same as Nihilus' power. If it were the same power she would be corrupted like Nihilus unless she was very powerful and able to resist which I think means Revan could resist he he used the power. Earlier in my one of my posts I met how exactly it works? Does Nihilus shoot some beam or lighting like thing out of his hand or does he meditate etc...


"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may:
Old 05-27-2007, 08:06 AM   #409
Rockstar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 333
Darth Revan was veeeeeeeery powerful. I don't know if he was more powerful than Darth Traya but certainly more so than Darth Sion. Darth Nihilus was almost a supreme being in what he was. Nihilus's power would have destroyed Revan, however, when Revan was a Sith Lord he may have had power of his own that could stop this.

Nihilus had a power that could rule the galaxy yet his existance is restricted to about three scenes... team gizka pissed me off a bit with how they refuse to implement more decent Darth Nihilus content, but they put in bath jokes about Atton? With all the public push for more Nihilus, where are their priorities!?
Rockstar is offline   you may:
Old 05-28-2007, 10:39 PM   #410
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,900
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar
Nihilus had a power that could rule the galaxy yet his existance is restricted to about three scenes... team gizka pissed me off a bit with how they refuse to implement more decent Darth Nihilus content, but they put in bath jokes about Atton? With all the public push for more Nihilus, where are their priorities!?
I'm going to be very blunt with this statement, but I feel I must say it.

Team Gizka can do anything they want. It's THEIR project and their right to do whatever it is they feel like doing. If you don't like it, you can make your own mod to restore whatever it is you want restored. Appreciate what they do because nobody is paying them to do it. Think of it this way. We're fortunate to get whatever it is they're giving us. They're doing it on their own free time. It's their right to chose what they want to do. To be honest, it really isn't your right to be angry with them for not doing what you want them to do.

What I think you need to do is learn to mod, then release your mods to the public and then hear people criticize you for not doing it the way they wanted you to do it. Then you'll finally understand. Because the truth is from what I have observed is people who critcize and get upset at the way some people do stuff usually have no modding experience.

Your last paragraph is now my credo. Well said man. ~ Cz


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!


Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 05-29-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Shem is offline   you may:
Old 05-29-2007, 01:14 AM   #411
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™
 
RedHawke's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Stormreach CA.
Posts: 9,184
Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
What I think you need to do is learn to mod, then release your mods to the public and then hear people criticize you for not doing it the way they wanted you to do it. Then you'll finally understand. Because the truth is from what I have observed is people who critcize and get upset at the way some people do stuff usually have no modding experience.
I am going to have to agree with this... it is sad, but true.


"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may:
Old 05-29-2007, 08:14 AM   #412
Christos K
Forumite
 
Christos K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 743
I have just thought of this. As other people said we do not know Nihilus or how "*exactly*" his power works. We do not know what he would have done to Revan or if he would even care. Another thing people say is that he only thinks on instinct. Does that mean I can compare him to any living thing in the Star Wars galaxy or in real life? If yes I would like to compare him to a Cannok. If they hear a loud noise or vibration they autimaticly start to shiver and then try to find the enemy not caring who or what it is or what it can do. Maybe Nihilus is Cannok inside, or a Gizka, Hissis, Krayyt Dragon, Rancor, an ant, a fly, a snake, a turtle, a fish, a tic, flea, or another parasite which Nihilus is, or a Wraid. We have know idea what he could be. We never really know beside that you can ask Visas after she looks at it (Nihilus) and says a man nothing else which means anyone could beat him. Other than this what else can we say. Kreia says thing but they will always be true or a lie or both. The only history we know about Nihilus is that he was a surviver of Malachor 5 and that Kreia found him and trained him. Revan on the other hand we know tons about. I think there is so much I could not right it all. I will state the main things about Revan. S/he was powerful maybe one or the most powerful Jedi/Sith of his/her time. Revan was a tactical genius and practiclly won the Mandolorian war for the Republic. S/he learned quickly. This may not explain who would win but it does explain them and some of their capabilities.


"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may:
Old 05-29-2007, 11:50 AM   #413
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
You have an interesting view, but again someone in comparing Nihilus to a living being. I don't consider anything with "power" of that magnitude to be anything short of a (un)natural disaster. Nihilus is a walking talking wound in the Force, a wound in the life and death of the universe that needs to devour life like a drug. The only instinct it has left is to continue devouring life as it hungers until all is gone.

Revan was indeed powerful, and for his/her time was possibly the strongest and smartest Jedi for years to come and I would even put my money on him/her wiping the floor with Anakin's and Palp's head. But Revan is still a living being, and thus cannot stop a literal wound in life and death by any use of the Force or combat skills. The only one to take it out was the Exile because the Exile is also a wound and thus immune to its hunger.

You cannot put a human against a black hole and expect the human to win. An unfair fight that is so obvious it never really needed a thread. If you want a Vs. thread, make something like "Revan Vs. Sion" or "Revan Vs. Anakin" or something that could have an outcome beside one completely one-sided.

Thats my thoughts on it again.
True_Avery is offline   you may:
Old 05-29-2007, 09:40 PM   #414
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Out of curiosity, Christos K, do you believe Revan would be able to win a fight against 100 or Jedi Masters attacking in unison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
I have just thought of this. As other people said we do not know Nihilus or how "*exactly*" his power works.
What don't we know? We've seen him use it in the game, we know its range, its area of effect, the amount of time it takes to prepare it, what happens to the people it's used on, and why he can even use it in the first place. What more do we need to know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
Another thing people say is that he only thinks on instinct. {list of comparisons between Nihilus and various animals}The only history we know about Nihilus is that he was a surviver of Malachor 5 and that Kreia found him and trained him.
Might I ask how this is all relevant to his proficiency in personal combat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
Revan on the other hand we know tons about. I think there is so much I could not right it all.
It doesn't matter how much you can write, as most of the details you would are irrelevant. What more is there we should have to know about Revan and Nihilus? We've seen examples of how well they can use the Force, and know their respective strengths and weaknesses. Whether we know what their favorite colors are is irrelevant to how well they'd do in a fight. Any knowledge unrelated to their proficiency in combat is irrelevant to this debate. Unless either of then have some special strengths/weaknesses we've not been told of, (and which probably do not exist, or BioWare/Obsidian would have mentioned them in their games) your argument is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
Revan was a tactical genius and practiclly won the Mandolorian war for the Republic.
Completely unrelated to how well he would do in a fight. Napoleon, Julius Casar and Hannibal were all great generals but pretty unimpressive in personal combat. Someone's ability to use logic and plan out battles is a mental skill, and not one that will bolster their supernatural powers, let alone their normal physical strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
S/he learned quickly.
Would you mind explaining the relevance of how quickly either of them learn when the debate is centered upon what they can already do?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 05-29-2007, 09:49 PM   #415
Talwin
Lurker
 
Talwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7
Is this a joke?

Exile was the only answer to Nihilus? Wound in the Force? I guess the whole game you don't get to use any force powers, it's the absence of force that makes him so powerful, right?

What did Exile use against Nihilus? Rocks and sticks? The whole point of the game is re-awakening to the Force once more.

Exile used the Force just same as any other Jedi. Likewise, there's no "big trick" to Nihilus hunger, it's a vast power but not so much that it is "undefendable". We only know trough Kreya/Treya (arguably the biggest fraud sans Palpatine) that there are techniques against which there are no defense. Just because she didn't know does not mean there aren't any.
Talwin is offline   you may:
Old 05-29-2007, 10:54 PM   #416
Ambrose
Rookie
 
Ambrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 154
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
Is this a joke?

Exile was the only answer to Nihilus? Wound in the Force? I guess the whole game you don't get to use any force powers, it's the absence of force that makes him so powerful, right?

What did Exile use against Nihilus? Rocks and sticks? The whole point of the game is re-awakening to the Force once more.

Exile used the Force just same as any other Jedi. Likewise, there's no "big trick" to Nihilus hunger, it's a vast power but not so much that it is "undefendable". We only know trough Kreya/Treya (arguably the biggest fraud sans Palpatine) that there are techniques against which there are no defense. Just because she didn't know does not mean there aren't any.
I don't think that's the case actually. Unless I'm mistaken (it has been awhile since I've played TSL), the way it goes is that Nihilus tries to use his "force hunger" or whatever on the Exile and fails. Presumably, that technique had never failed for him before, hence he falls to the floor in shock, and maybe even pain. That to me would give credence to what True Avery said.


My Fan Fics
Virgin Sands | Final Breath (Editor's Choice 2006)
Ambrose is offline   you may:
Old 05-30-2007, 12:50 AM   #417
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer
 
Titanius Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
Exile was the only answer to Nihilus? Wound in the Force? I guess the whole game you don't get to use any force powers, it's the absence of force that makes him so powerful, right?
The Exile was a wound in the Force. That's an non-debatable fact. He stripped himself of his connection to the Force at Malachor, leaving behind a huge echo. To fill this void in himself, he would use what is obviously a very undeveloped version of Nihilus' power to draw Force-sensitives to him, and feed off them. That's why your companions throughout TSL are so willing to follow you.

Being a wound in the Force doesn't mean that the Exile shouldn't have been able to use the Force. In fact, that is precisely the way the he feeds off the life of others, growing more powerful with each kill.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
Exile used the Force just same as any other Jedi. Likewise, there's no "big trick" to Nihilus hunger, it's a vast power but not so much that it is "undefendable".
In fact it is "undefendable", unless you are a wound in the Force, like the Exile. You may argue that there could be "a power" out there that Revan "may know that could stop Nihilus' attack, but as of now, no one knows anything of such a power.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may:
Old 05-30-2007, 05:59 AM   #418
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,900
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 


Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may:
Old 05-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #419
Talwin
Lurker
 
Talwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagerWeasel
The Exile was a wound in the Force. That's an non-debatable fact. He stripped himself of his connection to the Force at Malachor, leaving behind a huge echo. To fill this void in himself, he would use what is obviously a very undeveloped version of Nihilus' power to draw Force-sensitives to him, and feed off them. That's why your companions throughout TSL are so willing to follow you.
Some of this is your perception of the game, some of it is your own opinion. All companions follow so willingly because it's a computer game, and if they didn't it would not be much fun. It is clearly described by Bao-Dur that "The General" had just the same effect on people before he became "Exile" so I would definately not agree with your statrement regarding his followers motivation.
Quote:
Being a wound in the Force doesn't mean that the Exile shouldn't have been able to use the Force. In fact, that is precisely the way the he feeds off the life of others, growing more powerful with each kill.

In fact it is "undefendable", unless you are a wound in the Force, like the Exile. You may argue that there could be "a power" out there that Revan "may know that could stop Nihilus' attack, but as of now, no one knows anything of such a power.
Once again - you are stating an opinion as the fact. We only have it on from Treya/Kreya's authority that there are techniques against which there are no defense. Throughout the course of the game it is made pretty clear that anything and everything that Treya/Kreya saids is not to be taken at face value. It is not necessarily that she tells an outright lie but her statements have a very distinct "from the certain point of view" quality to them.

First off, there are (or were) techniques known in Jedi Order of stripping person of the force entirely, such as demonstrated by Nomi Sunrider when she redeemed Ulic Qel-Droma by cutting him off from the Force. This particular event is taking place in similar time frame as KOTOR events, thus it is reasonable to conclude the technique was still known to Jedi masters of the time. In more recent time it's possble that Vergere used same technique on Jacen in captivity, though Jacen recovered his Force connection rather rapidly after his "training" was complete. This particular power brings in an argument of "first strike capability" but that's a separate discussion altogether.

What's the relevance of this? Nihilus is using the Force to feed on force-sensitives, as such - he would be vulnerable to any technique that severs his own force connection, which would in turn render him powerless. So by no means was he the "absolute power" over everyone other than the Exile, we are simply given that impression for the sake of drama in the game.

Second, we know from extended universe that there are a many other force traditions in the galaxy that have nothing to do with either the Jedi order or the Sith. We also know that many of them posess techniques that Jedi and Sith know nothing about. Jacen Solo in his later years studies these multiple traditions and is able to to things most Jedi of his time simply do not comprehend - things like making oneself invisible in the Force and time shifting just to name a few.

Finaly, if you've read this far - I'm already impressed, and I promise there's a conclusion coming up. Two points above make a strong case that while Exile was the answer to Nihilus power, that in no way means that he was the ONLY answer. He severed his connection to the Force by his own choice (albeit after some pretty nasty trauma of Malachor V) and then once again re-gained it. Some people here argue that this gives him some kind of special immunity, but I disagree and here's why.

The more expanded this universe becomes, the more techniques of applying the Force we are shown. Some people are more adept at using certain powers than others (Cilghal's healing talent), some are unable to use certain powers at all (Corran Horn's genetic lack of telekinesis), some are naturally attuned to certain powers without ever having to have them taught (Gantoris' earthquake sense), and some people are immune to what others consider to be "ultimate power" - as is the case of Darth Bane vs. Thought Bomb. For a long time we were led to believe that Darth Bane was somehow unique in his resistance to the absolute annihilation effect of "thought bomb" that effectively wiped out all other Sith in the galaxy and crippled the Jedi Order in the process. In reality, he was the one who re-discovered the technique and taught other Sith how to use it, of course he would have had a counter to it already (Darth Bane: Path of Destruction).

Initial appearances can be deceiving. This is exactly what I believe to be the case w/Exile and his resilience to Nihilus power: a Force technique that is so unfamiliar to others that it seems that it makes the person using it somehow unique or special. In the end, it is one's mastery of the Force that wins the day - not some unexplained immunity.
Talwin is offline   you may:
Old 05-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #420
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
Some of this is your perception of the game, some of it is your own opinion. All companions follow so willingly because it's a computer game, and if they didn't it would not be much fun. It is clearly described by Bao-Dur that "The General" had just the same effect on people before he became "Exile" so I would definately not agree with your statrement regarding his followers motivation.
You should try attacking some of the "innocent" with Handmaiden, Disciple and/or Atton in the group. They'll assist and then be surprised at what they did afterwards, describing how they sort "blinked out" for a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
First off, there are (or were) techniques known in Jedi Order of stripping person of the force entirely, such as demonstrated by Nomi Sunrider when she redeemed Ulic Qel-Droma by cutting him off from the Force. This particular event is taking place in similar time frame as KOTOR events, thus it is reasonable to conclude the technique was still known to Jedi masters of the time. In more recent time it's possble that Vergere used same technique on Jacen in captivity, though Jacen recovered his Force connection rather rapidly after his "training" was complete. This particular power brings in an argument of "first strike capability" but that's a separate discussion altogether.

What's the relevance of this? Nihilus is using the Force to feed on force-sensitives, as such - he would be vulnerable to any technique that severs his own force connection, which would in turn render him powerless. So by no means was he the "absolute power" over everyone other than the Exile, we are simply given that impression for the sake of drama in the game.
This begs, no PRAYS, for answer to the question of why all the jedi on Katarr did not then use this technique on Nihilus. After all, both Vandar and Dorak were there, and if any, you would have thought they knew it. Yet Nihilus wiped the floor with them. And no, he did not take them by surprise, since they gathered for the specific purpose of fighting him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
Finaly, if you've read this far - I'm already impressed, and I promise there's a conclusion coming up. Two points above make a strong case that while Exile was the answer to Nihilus power, that in no way means that he was the ONLY answer. He severed his connection to the Force by his own choice (albeit after some pretty nasty trauma of Malachor V) and then once again re-gained it. Some people here argue that this gives him some kind of special immunity, but I disagree and here's why.
The meeting with the masters on Dantooine: "surely you are familiar with Force bonds.It is the bond that develops between apprentice and Master, when one truly understands another. It is developed over time, through understanding of each other.{Frowns, suspicious}Yet you do it so easily, and we do not know why. You make connections through the Force, and it resonates with those who travel with you. The resonance is even greater when they, too, are Force Sensitive. {Slight hesitation at second sentence}You draw them to you... and your actions affect them, strongly. Such bonds can happen at times of great conflict, or when another Jedi dies close to another... it echoes. {Downnote at the end.}You are sensitive to such things - you have a deep connection to life around you.And when that life dies, then you suffer. Their screams become your screams.And the screams of a thousand Jedi dying, the screams of an entire people dying, are more than anyone who can feel the Force can bear. {Shakes head}For one such as you who feels life so strongly, who makes such connections so easily...{Slightly judgmental}The silence you heard within yourself after Malachor was not silence. It is death, so loud as to deafen you... you carry all those lives with you still. Your actions affect others more than you know. You draw others to you, especially those strong in the Force. When you suffer, their spirit echoes it. And when they are in pain, their pain becomes yours. This bond - it travels both ways. When you feel pain, or strong emotion, it resonates within you.We do not know. But it is not the first time you've felt the weight of so many lives.{Quietly}And that is why Malachor echoes within you still. {Quietly}And that is why the Mandalorian Wars echo within you still. We did not cut you off from the Force. You were merely deafened to it, because of that last battle of the Mandalorian Wars. The screams of countless thousands, Jedi and Mandalorians, crushed by the planet's gravity, annihilated. Their lives still scream across the surface of that dead planet - and within you. {Quietly, respectful}To hear the Force over such pain... it is not possible. It was too much for any Jedi to endure... and it is a wonder that you did not die there when thousands perished, all those you had fought with and struggled with. You cut yourself off, because you had to if you were to survive. You had hints of it on the war on Dxun. Malachor was simply the final blow.{:: Kreia sighs, as if coming to a realization :: - this does need VO.}You were deafened.{Quietly to herself}At last, you could hear. You were broken. {Quietly to herself}You were made whole.{Quietly to herself}You were whole.You were blinded.{Quietly to herself, finishing the sequence, bringing it to a downnote}And at last, you saw the truth.{Quietly to herself}And at last, you saw.When you returned to us, we saw what had happened. You carry all those deaths at Malachor within you, and it has left a hole, a hunger that cannot be filled. In you, we saw a wound in the Force. {Quietly, like a pronouncement of doom}In you, we saw the end of the Force. Yes... you can feel the Force, but you cannot feel yourself. You are a cipher, forming bonds, leeching the life of others, siphoning their will and dominating them. It is the teaching of these new Sith, to feed on others, on other Force Sensitives. They are symptomatic of the wound in the Force. You are a breach that must be closed. You transmit your pain, your suffering through the Force.Within you, we see something worse than merely the teachings of the Sith. What you carry may mean the death of the Force... and the death of the Jedi. {Scoffs}So you think. It is not the strength of a Jedi you feel. He's right. It's... all the death you've caused to get here. You feed on it, and you grow stronger. You're like Malachor... it's in you, it's what you are now. You must have noticed as you've fought across all these planets, killing hundreds - only to become more and more powerful. Why do you think that was?But what's worse, is that bonding you have - it hasn't gone away. It's gotten stronger, and the more attachments you form, the more you draw others to you.And that is why you are a threat to us all.What if other Jedi went to war as you did, suffered the same events, and emerged as you did. What if there was a crucible that trained such Jedi to consume and kill? For you, Malachor was that crucible. What's worse, is these Sith that we face... I fear that they have learned the lesson of Malachor all too well. It is what allows them to prey on Force users, to become stronger when Force Sensitives are near. {Accusing}Somehow, they have learned their hunger from you. And so you have brought about the end of the Jedi, and perhaps all the knowledge of the Force."

Kreia, at the end of the game: "There is only you. No, there were not. Because you are a Jedi who turned from the Force and survived. And became stronger for it. No, there were not. In times past and in times future, there are Jedi who will stop listening to the Force, those that will try to forget it, but maintain unconscious ties. {Quiet}And those, as in the past just as I, who have had the force stripped from them.But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force."


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may:
Old 05-30-2007, 05:30 PM   #421
Gargoyle King
Veteran
 
Gargoyle King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In My Own Little World!
Posts: 895
Uhh! All these Revan fanboys!
SO OVERRATED!!

If Nihilus can devour planets, what hope does puny little Revan have? Now that's what i call a sith, the ephiphany of evil!
Gargoyle King is offline   you may:
Old 05-30-2007, 07:12 PM   #422
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
Initial appearances can be deceiving. This is exactly what I believe to be the case w/Exile and his resilience to Nihilus power: a Force technique that is so unfamiliar to others that it seems that it makes the person using it somehow unique or special. In the end, it is one's mastery of the Force that wins the day - not some unexplained immunity.
I try not to laugh or get angry at posts, I really do, but that was quite a post. I don't say this often but... did you even play the game or at least read every spot of dialog in the game?
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...evastation.jpg
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Devastation_of_Katarr

The Exile, because the Exile is a wound, was the only one that has ever stood up to Nihilus and survived with all Force powers and life in-tact. The Exile survived because the Exile is a wound. Canon and facts from dialog in the game back that up.

And for all your arguements and facts they all revolve around a single thing: Using the Force against Nihilus. Not only is his base Force resistance incredibly high, but he is himself a wormhole in the Force. Ripping him of the Force would do nothing but possibly make the hole bigger and more dangerous, and even if he couldn't temporarily use the Force it would come back in time like all people who have it ripped from them. I'd also like to remind you of his voice. His voice comes from his wound and kills or slowly kills all who hear it. He loses his Force Lightning and all he has to do is talk to you, kill you, and devour you.

And even if what I said doesn't hold water, the fact of the matter is most of the Jedi council and the majority of the Jedi order all fell to him in moments as would any other being. Revan, Anakin, Obi-wan, anybody. The Exile is a wound, and thus a wound defeated a wound.

Even if there was some super ultra mega Force power to stop Nihilus, nobody knew it and even if somehow somewhere someone figured out how to stop it, nobody did and he is long gone now. And I highly, highly, highly doubt Solo would have stood any chance against Nihilus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
Some of this is your perception of the game, some of it is your own opinion. All companions follow so willingly because it's a computer game, and if they didn't it would not be much fun. It is clearly described by Bao-Dur that "The General" had just the same effect on people before he became "Exile" so I would definately not agree with your statrement regarding his followers motivation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
You should try attacking some of the "innocent" with Handmaiden, Disciple and/or Atton in the group. They'll assist and then be surprised at what they did afterwards, describing how they sort "blinked out" for a moment.
QFE
Your companions clearly say all throughout the game that they do things and then wonder why they did them later, wonder why they are so close to you, wonder why the blink out when you tell them to do something. It is clearly explained over and over in the game so I have no idea how you missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
Once again - you are stating an opinion as the fact.
Guess what! You are to. Before you look down on someone for a post, look at what you are posting first. If you are going to look down at someone because they used opinion over fact, then please use pure and canon facts in your own arguement instead of opinions that don't fit the Canon at all and arguements on "what might of happened" if the hundreds of Jedi on Katarr would have been slightly smarter. Hundreds of Jedi and millions of lives all died in a matter of moments on Katarr the second he spoke. Canon and facts show that it is more than coincidence that the Exile just happened to be a wound in the force and just happened to be the only living being to stand up to Nihilus and survive.

Look up at Jediphile's post again if you don't believe me. You may say that the conversation is a point of veiw, which is true but you cannot say that every single point of view is wrong on Nihilus because then not a single thing about him would be true, giving no water to mine or your facts.

But, from evidence of your two posts it does not appear to me you even comprehended the game at all, so I don't even know why I am trying.

Last edited by True_Avery; 05-30-2007 at 07:24 PM.
True_Avery is offline   you may:
Old 05-31-2007, 12:35 AM   #423
alexl86
Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2
I've read some of the posts so far(some, but there are 11 pages and got the gist of it)

Anyway, based on the original storyline posed for TSL suggest the Nihilus is more powerful in the sense that he would kill Revan in a heartbeat. However, his can't fully control his power as it's like hunger. He consumes the force in force sensitives around him, though seem to be able to restrain himself. Since the Exile is dead to the force, the powers don't affect him. However, it certainly would consume Revan. Now, Revan was considered the most powerful Jedi of his time, possibly on par with Anakin if he had been properly trained. But most of his views(as a "Sith Lord") seem to be based on Kreias and though it's possible that Kreia is basing her beliefs on Revan's.(She don't seem to be corrupted by it)

That said, I think Revan vs the Exile would be a more interresting fight, as the Exile also seem to have been a powerful jedi in his/her own right. The Exile seem to force his will on others through instinct.(though Revan seem to do that too, but to a less extent as Revan was saided to feel sorry for the Exile)

btw, in the original storyline for TSL, Nihilus' mask was Revan's Skull.
alexl86 is offline   you may:
Old 05-31-2007, 03:02 PM   #424
Talwin
Lurker
 
Talwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
But, from evidence of your two posts it does not appear to me you even comprehended the game at all, so I don't even know why I am trying.
My my, I suppose the times I played both male and female through both light and dark side storylines were just my imagination. Admittedly, last time I finished the game was almost 1.5 years ago, so it's possible that my memory could be getting hazy on some finer points.

Having said that, to assume that Exile was the ONLY one capable ot defeating Nihilus is still grossly inaccurate. Neither Nihilus nor Exile were capable of absorbing other's life energy prior to events of Malachor V - that is the enent that triggered it - and both have developed this ability after the fact. Through the Force. No other survivors of Malachor V that developed their Force sensitivity after the event (Bao-Dur) have that ability. In other words, no matter how you put it - the ability to feed on the Force is still is a power that is derived through the Force, and thus can be countred through the Force.
Talwin is offline   you may:
Old 05-31-2007, 04:07 PM   #425
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,236
Quote:
In other words, no matter how you put it - the ability to feed on the Force is still is a power that is derived through the Force, and thus can be countred through the Force.
"There are techniques in the Force in which there is no defense."-Kreia.

Sorry. Looks like Nihilus got the trumpt card here.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may:
Old 05-31-2007, 04:34 PM   #426
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
Having said that, to assume that Exile was the ONLY one capable ot defeating Nihilus is still grossly inaccurate. Neither Nihilus nor Exile were capable of absorbing other's life energy prior to events of Malachor V - that is the enent that triggered it - and both have developed this ability after the fact. Through the Force. No other survivors of Malachor V that developed their Force sensitivity after the event (Bao-Dur) have that ability.
Sorry, but no. That does not add up with what we know from the game. Note how Kreia describes Nihilus' abilities, for example:

Kreia: "He... if he can truly be called a man any longer... is one of the dark lords that pursues you. I do not think he knows what you are, not yet. He spared the Miraluka, and that may have been the last shred of feeling that exists within him. Keep his slave close to you. I suspect there was a reason he spared her... and perhaps a reason that she survived when the rest of her people and the Jedi did not. Perhaps he is bound to her... as I am bound to you. If so, there may be a death served by hers. It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves... it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes.It cannot be taught... it can only be gained through instinct, through experiencing its effects, first-hand."

It is not an ability you can "learn" or "develop". You can get it only through hard experience. And only if you're already a trained force sensitive. Bao-Dur does not have it, even though he was there and was force-sensitive.

It seems to be based on possessing the ability to sense the anguish of others. The exile could do that as a trained jedi, while Bao-Dur could not. And the exile IS unique in this case.

Kreia: "There is a place in the galaxy where the dark side of the Force runs strong. It is something of the Sith, but it was fueled by war. It corrupts all that walks on its surface, drowns them in the power of the dark side - it corrupts all life. And it feeds on death. Revan knew the power of such places... and the power in making them. They can be used to break the will of others... of Jedi, promising them power, and turning them to the dark side.Did you never wonder how Revan corrupted so many of the Jedi, so much of the Republic, so quickly?The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion.Culminating a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from... save one.And that is what I sought to understand. How one could turn away from such power, give up the Force... and still live. But I see what happened now. It is because you had no choice.It is because you were afraid."

Kreia: "But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force."

In short, Revan put an ultimatum before all jedi at Malachor - turn to the dark side or die. And they all chose one or the other. All but the exile. You might put to Nihilus being another exception now, but note that there IS a connection between the exile and Nihilus:

The masters: "There was a gathering of Jedi on the planet - when we realized that something was attacking us, we resolved to meet secretly to attempt to find this threat.Then... Katarr was no more.When we felt Katarr die, there is something we felt, something we'd felt once before. An echo in the Force.We'd felt it before when you stood before us. Whatever this threat, whatever this hunger is, it is something tied to you, something you have experienced directly. This echo travels in the places where death has walked, where planets have died. Massacres fuel its power, the death of life fuels it."

The masters: "You're like Malachor... it's in you, it's what you are now. You must have noticed as you've fought across all these planets, killing hundreds - only to become more and more powerful. Why do you think that was?But what's worse, is that bonding you have - it hasn't gone away. It's gotten stronger, and the more attachments you form, the more you draw others to you.And that is why you are a threat to us all.What if other Jedi went to war as you did, suffered the same events, and emerged as you did. What if there was a crucible that trained such Jedi to consume and kill? For you, Malachor was that crucible. What's worse, is these Sith that we face... I fear that they have learned the lesson of Malachor all too well. It is what allows them to prey on Force users, to become stronger when Force Sensitives are near. {Accusing}Somehow, they have learned their hunger from you. And so you have brought about the end of the Jedi, and perhaps all the knowledge of the Force."

The masters: "The Sith are a threat, it is true. But the threat they present... it is tied to you in some way. The echo we have felt on the worlds we have walked - we have encountered it only once before, when you stood before us at your trial.We believe that somehow, you are creating this - or that the Sith have learned this technique from you."

There is a connection between the exile and Nihilus, a commen link that is the source of their abilities. That is the undeniable conclusion. Heck, it isn't even a conclusion - the masters flat out say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScope001
In other words, no matter how you put it - the ability to feed on the Force is still is a power that is derived through the Force, and thus can be countred through the Force.
"There are techniques in the Force in which there is no defense."-Kreia.

Sorry. Looks like Nihilus got the trumpt card here.
QFT.

It may be derived through the force, but that does not mean it can be countered through the force. There is nothing to support that. Indeed, given how Nihilus as wiped out any and all opposition from even the most powerful jedi (and sith), it would seem more reasonable to conclude the exact opposite, since that appears to be what the circumstantial evidence supports.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may:
Old 06-01-2007, 11:26 AM   #427
Talwin
Lurker
 
Talwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScope001
"There are techniques in the Force in which there is no defense."-Kreia.

Sorry. Looks like Nihilus got the trumpt card here.
I'm truly puzzled by how much stock everyone's put in what Sith say. So you guys played through the game and you still take what Treya/Kreia said at face value? At one point she outright saids something along the lines of "everything I tell you is a lie", yet most everyone is quoting her as the reliable authority on the matter. In Yoda's own words, when describing Count Dooku's methods after he turned to the Dark Side, he saids that deceipt and mistrust are now his ways. Anything that comes from a Sith has to be taken with a grain of salt at best.

The perception of Nihilus' ultimate power stems from what happened on Katarr. And there isn't a whole lot of information as to what actually happened there. Visas is so traumatized by the event that she is barely able to talk about it and not a lot of other witnesses are around. All that is known is that Nihilus was the cause, and knowing that this is Sith we're talking about, of course, there would never be an exaggeration to the extent of his power.

Here's an example from the game though - in his hunger Nihilus descends on Telos, intent on devouring Jedi present there. And what happens to the plant? Nothing. Was he not close enough to consume all life there? What about all the spaceships engaged in the battle overhead? What about the Mandalorians that outright boarded his ship to blow it up? Suddenly he's a whole lot less powerful than it originally appeared.

It's the most telling that the remaining Jedi Masters originally conclude that Exile is the source of this threat and then attempt to neutralize her. Their reasoning that Sith learned this from her is incomplete at best, yet when they attempt to cut her off from the Force, Kreia breaks in and kills them all in much the same fashion as Exile "feeds" on others, which is supposedly not a power anyone could learn. How did she learn it then? More Sith deception. And you guys are so buying it.
Talwin is offline   you may:
Old 06-01-2007, 01:51 PM   #428
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
I'm truly puzzled by how much stock everyone's put in what Sith say. So you guys played through the game and you still take what Treya/Kreia said at face value? At one point she outright saids something along the lines of "everything I tell you is a lie", yet most everyone is quoting her as the reliable authority on the matter. In Yoda's own words, when describing Count Dooku's methods after he turned to the Dark Side, he saids that deceipt and mistrust are now his ways. Anything that comes from a Sith has to be taken with a grain of salt at best.
Oh please... If your argument is based on Kreia being evil and so everything she ever says is wrong, then your argumentation is already flawed. It's very helpful is you infer that everybody here takes everything takes anything Kreia says at face value, because you have no evidence of that. We may quote Kreia, but that does not mean we believe everything she says. We do not blatantly ignore it on the sole basis of her having ties to the Sith. There are times when Kreia should be criticized. If she told me water was wet, I'd check with at least three other people before I believed her. But your argument seems to be that if she said water was wet, then clearly it can't be, since she always lies. She doesn't. That's the terrible thing about Kreia - all her lies are 60% truth, and all her truths are 50% lies. You better not ignore her, however, because she IS a source of great knowledge. And the passages where we quote her here are passages where we find her comments to be truthful, either because she is the only source or because it fits with the facts that we know. Characterassassination against Kreia won't change that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
The perception of Nihilus' ultimate power stems from what happened on Katarr. And there isn't a whole lot of information as to what actually happened there. Visas is so traumatized by the event that she is barely able to talk about it and not a lot of other witnesses are around. All that is known is that Nihilus was the cause, and knowing that this is Sith we're talking about, of course, there would never be an exaggeration to the extent of his power.
Except, of course, that we've actually seen his attack on Katarr in "Unseen, Unheard" - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unseen%2C_Unheard - a six-page comic book story from Star Wars Tales 24, which - incidentally - is written by Chris Avellone, who just happens to be the chap who wrote the plot of TSL. Of course, I could also just refer to what I've already quoted the masters for saying... I find that pretty conclusive in itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
Here's an example from the game though - in his hunger Nihilus descends on Telos, intent on devouring Jedi present there. And what happens to the plant? Nothing. Was he not close enough to consume all life there? What about all the spaceships engaged in the battle overhead? What about the Mandalorians that outright boarded his ship to blow it up? Suddenly he's a whole lot less powerful than it originally appeared.
As is already stated in the game, the spaceships, the mandalorians are nothing to Nihilus. He just doesn't care. If they want to put up a fight, let them. He is content to let them fight in futility as he savors the moment of the hopeless resistance of his prey. That they may kill his people doesn't matter. That they destroy his ships doesn't matter. Let them think for a moment longer that they have a chance. Their ultimate doom will be so much sweeter for it, their horror so much greater. Nihilus made one mistake, however: He thought he could destroy the exile just as easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
It's the most telling that the remaining Jedi Masters originally conclude that Exile is the source of this threat and then attempt to neutralize her. Their reasoning that Sith learned this from her is incomplete at best, yet when they attempt to cut her off from the Force, Kreia breaks in and kills them all in much the same fashion as Exile "feeds" on others, which is supposedly not a power anyone could learn. How did she learn it then? More Sith deception. And you guys are so buying it.
That Kreia can kill the jedi masters does not mean that she possesses the same ability as exile and Nihilus does. Indeed, that argument makes no sense. The exile's ability is consistently described as being a consequence of his status as a wound in the force, which is exactly why Kreia needs the exile. If Kreia had that ability and was a wound herself, then she would have no need for the exile.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may:
Old 06-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #429
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer
 
Titanius Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
I'm truly puzzled by how much stock everyone's put in what Sith say. So you guys played through the game and you still take what Treya/Kreia said at face value? At one point she outright saids something along the lines of "everything I tell you is a lie", yet most everyone is quoting her as the reliable authority on the matter.
When Kreia and Visas are the only two sources of information we have on Nihilus' power, you have to take what they say as the truth. That is, of course, unless you are blinded by fanboyism and cannot accept that Nihilus would eat Revan up in a matter of seconds. I don't believe everything she says, but she is the most logical source of info I we have.

What reason would Kreia have to lie? What would she have to gain from lying to the Exile about how powerful Nihilus was? If anyone had the ability to go stop him, she wouldn't have had to go to such great lengths to ensure that the Exile was the one to fight and kill him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
The perception of Nihilus' ultimate power stems from what happened on Katarr. And there isn't a whole lot of information as to what actually happened there. Visas is so traumatized by the event that she is barely able to talk about it and not a lot of other witnesses are around. All that is known is that Nihilus was the cause, and knowing that this is Sith we're talking about, of course, there would never be an exaggeration to the extent of his power.
Look at those links again, and tell me what's not to understand.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
Here's an example from the game though - in his hunger Nihilus descends on Telos, intent on devouring Jedi present there. And what happens to the plant? Nothing.
There were several Republic ships in orbit, protecting the planet, and a Mandalorian raiding party on his ship. Those things had to be taken care of first before he could devour the planet. Unfortunately for him, the Exile got to him first.

Remember though, that Nihilus didn't care about those things. All he cared about was eating everyone on the planet. He didn't give a second thought to the other threats, because he can't. He only does what his power tells him to do.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may:
Old 06-02-2007, 02:35 AM   #430
Shem
Master of the Force
 
Shem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,900
Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talwin
The perception of Nihilus' ultimate power stems from what happened on Katarr. And there isn't a whole lot of information as to what actually happened there. Visas is so traumatized by the event that she is barely able to talk about it and not a lot of other witnesses are around. All that is known is that Nihilus was the cause, and knowing that this is Sith we're talking about, of course, there would never be an exaggeration to the extent of his power.
One thing I've noticed is when people play the game a lot, they skip the dialogue as much as they can because they've already heard it. The problem is they forget. I see a lot of that happening here.

First off the knowledge of what happened on Katarr seems to be common knowlege. Take the time to talk to some of the citizens to see if it is mentioned.



There are other things you need to see to know more about Nihilus' power.













Of course Kreia does a Nihilus power on the Jedi Masters. They didn't stand a chance.



Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may:
Old 06-03-2007, 03:30 PM   #431
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User
 
PoiuyWired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagerWeasel
In fact it is "undefendable", unless you are a wound in the Force, like the Exile. You may argue that there could be "a power" out there that Revan "may know that could stop Nihilus' attack, but as of now, no one knows anything of such a power.
A few things:
1) To think out of Star Wars a bit, onto a world where people paint themselves silver and zooms around on surfboard. Galactis have infinite Hunger, yet there is a chance of some weird technique/device that would stop him, as long as you believe in tight leotards, and have flappy hands.

My point? Nothing is "invincible" Powerful, yes, but not unbeatable. Its like, does his power work on a bunch of muiated yasalamari? its like, how about a bunch of freaks cooked up by some religious fanatics living in the mouth of some big pile of meat and shells. The list goes on and on.

Plus, there are definite ways to bypass/lessen it. Visas survive the assault did she? I mean, it is not probable that Nihilus deliberately miss hitting her. There is also no information on how the world-eating process takes place, and if the victims are aware of its happenings beforehand taking appropriate measures. There may be many weakness to this process, just that the assault comes too sudden, and it is too late to do anything. We don't know IF there is anything something can do if ample warnign is given. Maybe it is some simple task like playing country music to the force-zombies!
PoiuyWired is offline   you may:
Old 06-03-2007, 03:49 PM   #432
Christos K
Forumite
 
Christos K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Out of curiosity, Christos K, do you believe Revan would be able to win a fight against 100 or Jedi Masters attacking in unison?
When I was on the Star Forge I would let hundreds of Sith come to me and then slap them as if they disobeyed me. I would use the "Spawn enemies on demand" mod and bring all of the people you could take twise and totally destroy them with force wave, storm, and heal. Just with a high strength and wisdom. So I remember people saying gameplay equals reality. I used no cheats doing this only mod. None of the mods give all the feats and powers or anything. They are just thing that upgrade some items, and give you new items. None of these were mods that make you very very very very powerful. just better. Not much much much much much much much much much better. Just Better But still mods are gameplay and gameplay equals reality


"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may:
Old 06-03-2007, 04:05 PM   #433
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
None of these were mods that make you very very very very powerful. just better.
The defense rests...


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may:
Old 06-03-2007, 04:21 PM   #434
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Plus, there are definite ways to bypass/lessen it. Visas survive the assault did she? I mean, it is not probable that Nihilus deliberately miss hitting her. There is also no information on how the world-eating process takes place, and if the victims are aware of its happenings beforehand taking appropriate measures. There may be many weakness to this process, just that the assault comes too sudden, and it is too late to do anything. We don't know IF there is anything something can do if ample warnign is given. Maybe it is some simple task like playing country music to the force-zombies!
Yet again,
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/im...devastation.jpg
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Devastation_of_Katarr
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...rr/Katarr2.jpg
^ Jedi Masters fully prepared but didn't even stand a chance against Kreia using the same techique.

It is possible he left Visas alive because he needed her sight to find more Jedi throughout the galaxy, to which she was a very valuable tool.

And it is not the point he is invincible, it is the fact that nobody can get close enough to him to kill him until the Exile. Anybody that wanted to kill him who got within 100 feet of him would be destroyed without mercy. Attacking him with a ship directly into the Ravager's deck could possibly kill him, but he may have actually been physically impossible to kill until he severely weakened himself when he tried to kill Exile.

I have no idea why this thread keeps going. There is no way in the galaxy, time, or space that Revan could go head to head with Nihilus and live. The point of most of TSL is that you are the Exile, a wound in the Force and the only one capable of defeating Nihilus.
True_Avery is offline   you may:
Old 06-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #435
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
When I was on the Star Forge I would let hundreds of Sith come to me and then slap them as if they disobeyed me.
When was the ability to slap someone modded into KotOR?

Hundreds you say? Literally? Were they all attacking you at once? None of the areas in KotOR are even large enough to hold that many people in such a way they could all swarm over one person at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
So I remember people saying gameplay equals reality.
Completely untrue. In both games you never see your character bleed when they're stabbed, use the toilet, or even open a door using their hands. Heck, in KotOR II there's an animation where you can stab (or be stabbed) straight through the heart and still keep going...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
None of these were mods that make you very very very very powerful. just better. Not much much much much much much much much much better. Just Better
Well, regardless of how much you've ubered up your character that's still not the way the game was intended to be played. Sounds a lot like saying "I'm a little pregnant" IMO - either you are or you aren't. In this case you either play the game the devs designed it to be played or you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
But still mods are gameplay and gameplay equals reality
Even supposing that gameplay does equal reality, you have to take into account that these are fan-made modifications that are not endorsed, sponsored, canonized, or deemed official by LA in any way. If I made a mod that has Carth get eaten by a krayt dragon on Taris would that make it canon? It would be in the game. If I made a mod that had Malak get shot and killed by Saul on the Leviathan, would that make it canon? No to both. Fan-made modifications to a game are just as canon as fan fiction or fan theories (aka fanon).

Still, this has drifted away from the original question a bit. Do you think Revan would be able to kill 100 Jedi Masters attacking unison?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 06-04-2007, 06:25 AM   #436
Vaelastraz
Veteran
 
Vaelastraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: City 17. It's safer.
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon

Still, this has drifted away from the original question a bit. Do you think Revan would be able to kill 100 Jedi Masters attacking unison?
Well do you think Kreia would be? Since, like many here say, she's using the exact same technique as Nihilus, something she herself said cannot be leaned?

Dialog with her suggests though that she is not "consumed" by that ability. Perhaps it's not the same ability then? Perhaps it's something she learned at the Traya academy. Revan was there as well, so it might not be that far-fetched that Revan can kill several Jedi masters at once.

100 is a rather large number though, but we know nothing about Kreia's ability except that she killed 3 masters with ease.
Vaelastraz is offline   you may:
Old 06-05-2007, 01:59 AM   #437
JawaJoey
Forumite
 
JawaJoey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: My home...duh
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
Yet again,
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/im...devastation.jpg
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Devastation_of_Katarr
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...rr/Katarr2.jpg
^ Jedi Masters fully prepared but didn't even stand a chance against Kreia using the same techique.

It is possible he left Visas alive because he needed her sight to find more Jedi throughout the galaxy, to which she was a very valuable tool.

And it is not the point he is invincible, it is the fact that nobody can get close enough to him to kill him until the Exile. Anybody that wanted to kill him who got within 100 feet of him would be destroyed without mercy. Attacking him with a ship directly into the Ravager's deck could possibly kill him, but he may have actually been physically impossible to kill until he severely weakened himself when he tried to kill Exile.

I have no idea why this thread keeps going. There is no way in the galaxy, time, or space that Revan could go head to head with Nihilus and live. The point of most of TSL is that you are the Exile, a wound in the Force and the only one capable of defeating Nihilus.

1: The Jedi weren't necessarily prepared. They didn't have much reason to expect what was coming at them. Given Kreia's ability, it's even entirely possible they didn't even know she was there.

2: There's really no intelligent reason to believe that Nihilus was physically invincible. He was (theoretically) a tough fight, of course, he's a frickin Sith Lord. But his only appreciable strength or notable ability was his ability to kill whoever he wants at long range. That does indeed make him effectively invincible for the most part, but it's just stupid to claim that there's anything significant more behind his power.

3: One reason so many people resist the the whole wound in the force thing is because it's just SO stupid. I'm not saying it's wrong, but just an FYI that that's probably why so many people argue against it.


God is a placebo with nasty side effects.
JawaJoey is offline   you may:
Old 06-06-2007, 07:18 PM   #438
Christos K
Forumite
 
Christos K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
Well do you think Kreia would be? Since, like many here say, she's using the exact same technique as Nihilus, something she herself said cannot be leaned?

Dialog with her suggests though that she is not "consumed" by that ability. Perhaps it's not the same ability then? Perhaps it's something she learned at the Traya academy. Revan was there as well, so it might not be that far-fetched that Revan can kill several Jedi masters at once.

100 is a rather large number though, but we know nothing about Kreia's ability except that she killed 3 masters with ease.
I agree. If Kreia learned that power from Trayus academy, there is no doubt Revan learned that power. If it isnt the same power that still means Revan learned it if Kreia learned it from Trayus academy. On the xbox version of Star Wars KotOR I was able to take on every opponent by my self because I got my power up with FLU if you have heard of it. Have you heard of that whole super Jedi glitch. I think that glitch seems to be a leaked secret. It just is kind of obvious and makes you incredibally powerful. With that glitch it is possible to get your level up higher than 20. And that is not a modifacation. So this answers an earlier question That I already answered.


Can someone please find out if the power Kreia used is the same Nihilus uses. Or if it isnt but very simmilar to the U.S.N.D.P. (Unstoppable Super Nihilus Drain Power)


"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may:
Old 06-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #439
Christos K
Forumite
 
Christos K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
Sorry for the double post but my computer just got done loading the picture. I didnt see it earlier. This only mean the there are version of force push that have no defense to them. But then Kreia is probably exagerating because she has to come up with an exuse of why a simple force push would work on her. This says nothing about Nihilus's power being unstoppable but for all we know whenever Nihilus was using drain life on the Exile, Visas, and Mandalor that could be is all powerful power. But we do not know. Which means that the Exile is the only person that it would defenitly not work on. We dont know. Unless some producer from TSL comes on here and corrects us. I think we should try to get them to look at this thread, even though they probably wint act.


"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may:
Old 06-06-2007, 08:03 PM   #440
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer
 
Titanius Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristosK
Can someone please find out if the power Kreia used is the same Nihilus uses. Or if it isnt but very simmilar to the U.S.N.D.P. (Unstoppable Super Nihilus Drain Power)
I've never thought it was the same power. More like a very advanced form of Drain Life, which left the masters unconnected to the Force. Then again, this is just my opinion. I'm simply basing it off Kreia's statement - "It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves... it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes.It cannot be taught... it can only be gained through instinct, through experiencing its effects, first-hand."

I think she did learn the about the power, but she was never able to wield it, since she never experienced its effects, like Nihilus and the Exile did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristosK
This only mean the there are version of force push that have no defense to them.
Force Push has practically nothing to do with that statement. She was telling the Exile about the incident where she was exiled and stripped of her powers. She was speaking of the technique that Nihilus used in taking her powers from her and casting her down. Nihilus "pushed" her simply to let Sion have the advantage over her so he could be the crap out of her.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Revan VS. Nihilus... who would win

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.