lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight?
Revan 149 74.13%
Nihilus 52 25.87%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Revan VS. Nihilus... who would win
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-06-2007, 11:17 PM   #441
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Now, where and how did Nihilus and the Exile get exposed to it then?
PoiuyWired is offline   you may:
Old 06-07-2007, 03:15 AM   #442
JawaJoey
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
How about through instinct?

Some Jedi have certain propensities to be good at certain techniques. The Exile and Force bonds, for example. Nihilus obviously was especially bound to this technique, so much that he lost control over it.

But who can say who else exactly has it? It's not a teachable thing, so why assume Revan learned it? Kreia may or may not have been using it on the Jedi on Dantooine. There is no certain or obvious answer, although it's entirely possible she did. After all, if that's what stripped her of her power, then she did "experience its effects, first-hand," so maybe she learned it then.

So much of this is ambiguous in the game, which is the problem. What exactly is there no defense against? Was it Nihilus' drain or just another force technique that stripped Kreia of her power? What exactly does stripped of her power mean? (She was still alive and force sensitive afterwards, even if not at Sith Lord levels)

God is a placebo with nasty side effects.
JawaJoey is offline   you may:
Old 06-07-2007, 11:31 AM   #443
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
The Exile stripped himself of the Force at Malachor, and Nihilus was one of the very few to survive the Mass Shadow Generator (I think). Both of them would've been exposed to the echo at that time.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may:
Old 06-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #444
Christos K
Forumite

I am going to say something that might be possible. What is when Darth Malak fired on Revan's ship s/he experienced it. It took the council to praserve Revan didnt it. Maybe Kreia also experienced it. We know nothing about Nihilus or how he actually got the power.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may:
Old 06-07-2007, 05:14 PM   #445
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
I am going to say something that might be possible. What is when Darth Malak fired on Revan's ship s/he experienced it. It took the council to praserve Revan didnt it. Maybe Kreia also experienced it. We know nothing about Nihilus or how he actually got the power.
When the council captured Revan, there was no massive echo in the Force left behind. Unlike the Exile, Revan wasn't completely stripped of the force, the council just gave him a mind wipe and suppressed his abilities.

And we do know some about Nihilus. We know he was once a man, he was a survivor of the Mandalorian War, he somehow stripped Kreia of her powers, he is drawn to gatherings of Jedi, and he killed everything on Katarr simply by speaking. True, we don't know the exact details of how he acquired the power, but we do know he felt the effects of the echo at Malachor, and he was consumed by it.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:22 PM   #446
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
I agree. If Kreia learned that power from Trayus academy, there is no doubt Revan learned that power. If it isnt the same power that still means Revan learned it if Kreia learned it from Trayus academy.
Irrelevant in regards to his ability to fight Nihilus. Kreia presumably would've known it when she was overthrown and stropped of her powers by Nihilus, but that didn't stop him.

Quote:
On the xbox version of Star Wars KotOR I was able to take on every opponent by my self
Not what I asked you. My question is if Revan would've been able to kill 100 Jedi Masters like Nihilus did.

Gameplay rules are pretty hard to apply to this. No one has any "hit points" and whatnot in SW. One direct shot with a blaster is enough to kill any human, how many experience points they've earned won't changed that. Nor does physical strength play much of a role in lightsaber combat, how wise they are affect their ability to cast Force powers... Gameplay rules in KotOR can't be applied to real situations, and as a result, canon.

Quote:
With that glitch it is possible to get your level up higher than 20. And that is not a modifacation.
Wrong game. We're talking about Revan, who presumably is not the PC in TSL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 06-08-2007, 11:39 AM   #447
Christos K
Forumite

Yes whenever I would use force wave on my opponet(s) they would go flying. On the starforge I would perposely let many Dark Jedi and Sith come at me I would just kill them with force wave, storm, statis field. If one got near me I would cut it down easliy and then use force heal. You this thread kind of only has one point. I am always going to think what I want to think about this. Its a game. I will continue to ague but nones changing my mind. My opinion for Revan not knowing anything about the power against Nihilus. #1 They are put in a duel arena back to back, Revan would kill Nihilus. #2 They are put at the ends of the arena, Nihilus wins.
Now if Revan did know a defense to the Nihilus power. #1 Back to Back, Revan Wins. #2 At the ends, Revan Wins.
Now if Revan knew the power. #1 Back to Back, draw. # At ends, draw.
Now if Kreia says that Nihilus' power has no defense then Revan is the heart of the force and if Revan is the heart of the force do you think Revan would not learn that power or a defense to that power? If anyone was the heart of the force do you think they would learn the power or a defense to the power. Oh, I meant K1. There is a super glitch to for xbox K1 to make you stronger and you can get a higher level even though it takes a while.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:51 AM   #448
True_Avery
Banned

I find it amusing how you consider gameplay to be Canon.

I respect that you wont change your mind, but I find it odd that you use almost nothing to back up your opinion. You also simply repeat yourself over and over again, none of these aspects good for a debate.
True_Avery is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2007, 02:12 PM   #449
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Now if Kreia says that Nihilus' power has no defense then Revan is the heart of the force and if Revan is the heart of the force do you think Revan would not learn that power or a defense to that power?
Revan wasn't the heart of the Force. No canon source has ever said that. This quote from Kreia is probably one of the most misunderstood quotes I've ever seen.

"Staring into his eyes was like staring into the heart of the Force."

Like staring into the heart of the Force. If I said eating a hamburger that's been microwaved for 2 minutes was like eating rubber, it wouldn't necessarily mean the hamburger had become rubber. And even if Revan was the "heart of the Force", that wouldn't make any difference except for making him an even tastier meal for Nihilus. The stronger Revan is in the Force, the easier it is for Nihilus to sense him, therefore making it easier for him to eat Revan right up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christots K
There is a super glitch to for xbox K1 to make you stronger and you can get a higher level even though it takes a while.
Listen - gameplay and glitches aren't canon, and there's nothing you can say to make them canon. I could use KSE to give the Exile super-insane strength and every Force power in the game, but that wouldn't suddenly make it canon. So please don't use that kind of stuff anymore to back up your arguments.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #450
Corinthian
Banned

Revan. Nihilus was a weakling, it was like he wanted to die. Malak was far harder than Nihilus. Besides, high level Revan has ring of death ward + 5.
Corinthian is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2007, 02:50 PM   #451
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
Revan. Nihilus was a weakling, it was like he wanted to die. Malak was far harder than Nihilus. Besides, high level Revan has ring of death ward + 5.
No offense, but have you read any of Kreia's dialogue or anything from this thread? His hunger is far too powerful to let him be taken down by some mere Jedi (yes, compared to Nihilus, Revan was just a mere Jedi). The only way the wound that is Nihilus could be defeated was by facing another wound, specifically the Exile. Nihilus could separate life and the Force, and feed of the death it caused, but since the Exile was a wound in the Force, there was nothing there to be sucked up. Revan, on the other hand, is very strong in the Force, and would be quite an easy target for Nihilus.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:14 PM   #452
Mindtwistah

Revan is a great tactican. Nihilus is a great force sucker. In the cut content Sion couldn't even get close to Nihilus. Yes, you would probably say "But Sion is nothing compared to Revan."
But Nihilus wiped out a planet, killed all of the jedi..
Nihilus could have beaten every jedi and sith, even yoda and Anakin. He would have sucked out their force before they even got close. The only reason the exile won against Nihilus was because the exile was a wound in the force. Nihilus only power, that could devestate worlds, was useless against a wound in the force. It wouldn't work. And Nihilus isn't the best in lightsaber combat. The exile sucks, he would have been beaten by Revan in two sec, but Nihilus just couldn't use his power on him.
Nihilus would beat Revan by sucking out his force.

Revan is a great strategist. He would probably lure Nihilus to a world with a lot of jedi and sith because Nihilus is a slave to his hunger. Then, when Nihilus would be on that world, Revan would orbital bombard it. Nihilus would die. And in space combat Nihilus would die to. Revan is the perfect strategist.

So, face to face, Nihilus would beat the crap out of Revan. Long distance, Revan would beat the crap out of Nihilus.

Mindtwistah is offline   you may:
Old 06-09-2007, 06:28 PM   #453
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindtwistah
So, face to face, Nihilus would beat the crap out of Revan. Long distance, Revan would beat the crap out of Nihilus.
Actually, Nihilus would win long distance as well. Remember, he destroyed everything on Katarr from orbit, never having to set foot on the ground once. Now if it was an "army vs. army" battle, then of course Revan would win, since he's obviously a better strategist than Nihilus, who just eats anything in his way, unable to realize the consequences. But since this thread is talking about a 1 on 1 battle, none of that matters.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:43 PM   #454
Mindtwistah

Well.. then Nihilus is the winner.

Old 06-10-2007, 06:16 AM   #455
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Of course he is! This topic should have been Hk-47 vs Nihilus. That would be pretty close I guess, as HK can outsmart Nihilus with ease.
Vaelastraz is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2007, 09:45 AM   #456
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Well, gee, HK-47 is a droid, immune to Nihilus' Force Drain.

However, it must be noted that HK-47 would be up against a person who HAD consumed a ton of Force Energy and is likely pretty powerful. I wonder if Nihilus would Force Push HK-47 in the wall. It's all speculation though...

It would be a Generic Droid versus Genric Jedi battle. It sounds much more interesting that RvN, in which Nihilus usually wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may:
Old 06-10-2007, 12:24 PM   #457
Mindtwistah

HK has killed force users before. But Nihilus would probably use destroy droid or force push on HK.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:06 PM   #458
Christos K
Forumite

Personally I think that Revan versus Nihilus would be a tie after a long thought. But if Nihilus just need to talk his language then can't you wear things to block out the noise? But otherwise I think it would be a tie. It would be the death of the force is Revan was the heart of the force and the death of the consumer, Nihilus. After much thinking I think they both have many ways to kill eachother, but T think it would be a tie. Now lets move on to HK-47 against Nihilus, who has no advantage, I think HK-47 could beat eveyone except for the two masters, the true master Revan, and the part-time master the exile. I believe HK-47 has no limits in killing an enemy. He doesnt get hurt which slows him down and he could run a distance from Nihilus where his gun would work but not any force powers.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:58 PM   #459
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
HK prefer taking his targets by surprise, and he has shown that's possible to take Force Users by surprise. A trap could end Nihilus life.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may:
Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #460
JawaJoey
Forumite

HK vs Nihilus, hmm. HK is awesome and all, but I think he'd be a little outmatched, even by a wuss like Nihilus. HK can kill Jedi, but that doesn't mean he can kill a Sith Lord. He was beaten by Mandalore, and Mandalore was beaten by Revan. Revan *is* extraordinary, though, and Mandalorians have been known to kill Jedi themselves. Basically, even though Mandalorians and HK others can kill Jedi, when it comes to the really good Jedi/sith, they're simply outmatched, which HK would be vs Nihilus.

I don't think anyone would disagree that ignoring Nihilus' special force suck power, Revan would wipe the floor with Nihilus, but unfortunately, you can't really ignore that power, which is why this debate is even going on.

God is a placebo with nasty side effects.
JawaJoey is offline   you may:
Old 06-14-2007, 05:19 AM   #461
Vaelastraz
Veteran

What if Nihilus was marvelling at the impressive skyline of Coruscant, and HK got in position with his awesome sniper rifle, 5.8 km away?
Old 06-14-2007, 05:46 AM   #462
True_Avery
Banned

I wonder if it would be a shot to the knees to Nihilus 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.
True_Avery is offline   you may:
Old 06-14-2007, 08:33 AM   #463
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
What if Nihilus was marvelling at the impressive skyline of Coruscant, and HK got in position with his awesome sniper rifle, 5.8 km away?
HK-47 would hit his head, but since Nihilus is an inhuman void, well, Nihilus would just turn into a headless zombie. Since Nihilus would be unable to detect HK-47, he'll still gawk at Coruscant, just without a head. I wonder if Nihilus could feed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may:
Old 06-14-2007, 02:05 PM   #464
Christos K
Forumite

HK wins, he's the best assasin ever!!! Where does it say he couldnt kill the old Mandalor, I thought HK was just caught? I don't think Nihilus would still be alive/dead/whatever if he had his head blown off. The Exile, Visas, and Mandalor were able to kill him. Its not like the Exile was the only one who could kill Nihilus, he was the only one that could get near Nihilus.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:33 PM   #465
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
HK wins, he's the best assasin ever!!! Where does it say he couldnt kill the old Mandalor, I thought HK was just caught?
HK says so himself several times.

Quote:
I don't think Nihilus would still be alive/dead/whatever if he had his head blown off.
Perhaps not, but it's unlikely to happen. Nihilus would simply do to the laster blast what Vader did to Han's.

Quote:
The Exile, Visas, and Mandalor were able to kill him. Its not like the Exile was the only one who could kill Nihilus,
Actually, it's a lot like that.

Quote:
he was the only one that could get near Nihilus.
Precisely. Which is a pretty big clue...

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may:
Old 06-14-2007, 08:29 PM   #466
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Being a machine HK would be immune to Nihilus' life-draining power, but he'd still be a blaster-wielding droid up against a Sith Lord who's still quite powerful without his draining abilities. He'd probably deflect anything HK could shoot at him with his lightsaber and reduce him to scrap. Or he could simply use Force lightning and short-circuit him, pull the blaster out of his hands with the Force, blast him against a wall, throw him in the air, Force-crush him... Really, Force-sensitives have a ton of edges over non-Force-sensitives in one-on-one combats. If there were a couple dozen HKs I could see them overwhelming Nihilus with the sheer amount of blaster fire they could blanket him with, but definitely not for just one of them.

Quote:
Old 06-15-2007, 08:22 AM   #467
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
I wonder if it would be a shot to the knees to Nihilus 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.
You mean HK is in Love With Nihilus?
PoiuyWired is offline   you may:
Old 06-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #468
Lord Ritly
Rookie

It might be a spoiler but I don't know, from what I heard in a cut content the Exiles darkness was extracted on Malacore thus creating Nihilus. He was a spector of the force. If it would come to it, Revan could destroy the darkness.

"If you were to face an ancient Sith Lord in combat, you would learn we are but children playing with toys compare to the power of the old Masters."
Lord Ritly is offline   you may:
Old 06-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #469
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ritly
It might be a spoiler but I don't know, from what I heard in a cut content the Exiles darkness was extracted on Malacore thus creating Nihilus. He was a spector of the force. If it would come to it, Revan could destroy the darkness.
Firstly, that's just a theory of how Nihilus came into being, but a very plausible theory IMO. Secondly, you have no way of knowing Revan would destroy "this darkness", as you put it. If you do have something that led you to believe this, I would like to know what it is, unless it's just personal feelings for Revan.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:15 AM   #470
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile

Perhaps not, but it's unlikely to happen. Nihilus would simply do to the laster blast what Vader did to Han's.
What makes you think Nihilus can do that?
I don't know for sure, but there are some eu books that say that's the power "absorption" and you need a special talent for that...at least that's the way it is described in "I, Jedi"
Old 06-16-2007, 07:49 AM   #471
Corinthian
Banned

Revan. If Nihilus' abilities were fast enough that he could eat Force without some kind of preparation, everyone on the Ebon Hawk's crew except The Exile, as well as Atris would be dead as doornails. As Revan was a Sith Lord with unrivaled power except possibly by Darth Vader himself, Revan would have carved Nihilus into little giblets of flesh, suitable for feeding Gizka.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:09 AM   #472
AJL

Revan would lose... No doubt... No matter how powerfull he might be...

Because Revans power would be his weakness when facing Nihilus...
(Nihilus would simply consume Revans power and kill him by doing so)

Exile was able to defeat Nihilus because he was void in the force and
as such immune his power...
AJL is offline   you may:
Old 06-16-2007, 08:28 AM   #473
Corinthian
Banned

So why didn't he eat Visas? Or Atton? Or any of the other Force-sensitives in your party? They aren't Force Dead Spots.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:43 AM   #474
AJL

He did try to feed on you... Maybe your precense prevents him from feeding
at all... Who knows... But there is no reason I know of why he couldn't feed
on Revan... Or why revan could survive if he did...
AJL is offline   you may:
Old 06-16-2007, 10:54 AM   #475
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
What makes you think Nihilus can do that?
I don't know for sure, but there are some eu books that say that's the power "absorption" and you need a special talent for that...at least that's the way it is described in "I, Jedi"
Nihilus can drain the force planetwide. Vader could not. Yes, Anakin had the greatest force potential ever, but it only remained potential because embraced the dark side.

Oh, who am I kidding. Secretly I long to be a Revan fanboy too so that is I too can put forward unfounded theories about how Revan is the greatest ever with no other argument than "OMG, Revan ROXXORS and if you think otherwise you're an idiot - LOL!"

That would certainly be a lot easier than actually going through the tiresome process of stating long passages from the game's dialogue to support you position, and which nobody bothers to consider anyway....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
So why didn't he eat Visas? Or Atton? Or any of the other Force-sensitives in your party? They aren't Force Dead Spots.
No, but they are connected to the exile through a force bond, which means they enjoy the "special protection" of some of his unique abilities.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:30 AM   #476
Corinthian
Banned

This isn't protection, it's the fact that the Exile is essentially parasitic, leeching the Force off of other Force-sensitives like Kreia through Force Bonds. How does him sucking their power translate to them being protected from Nihilus Soul Diner?
Old 06-16-2007, 01:42 PM   #477
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Because having force sucked away from you makes it less overt to those who can detect the force?

Old 06-16-2007, 01:50 PM   #478
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Quote:
Nihilus can drain the force planetwide. Vader could not. Yes, Anakin had the greatest force potential ever, but it only remained potential because embraced the dark side.

Oh, who am I kidding. Secretly I long to be a Revan fanboy too so that is I too can put forward unfounded theories about how Revan is the greatest ever with no other argument than "OMG, Revan ROXXORS and if you think otherwise you're an idiot - LOL!"

That would certainly be a lot easier than actually going through the tiresome process of stating long passages from the game's dialogue to support you position, and which nobody bothers to consider anyway....
A laser beam is now force energy too? I'm not talking about absorbing force. You claimed that Nihilus can absorb a laser beam (from a sniper rifle) and I stated that only special Jedi with a talent in that department (Vader, Corran Horn have it, at least that's claimed in "I, Jedi") can do that. Now if Nihilus has that talent, he can do it. But is there any evidence that suggests he can? What are you talking about "force potential?"...

Calling me a stupid fanboy because of that.. oh well.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:13 PM   #479
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
Quote:

A laser beam is now force energy too? I'm not talking about absorbing force. You claimed that Nihilus can absorb a laser beam (from a sniper rifle) and I stated that only special Jedi with a talent in that department (Vader, Corran Horn have it, at least that's claimed in "I, Jedi") can do that. Now if Nihilus has that talent, he can do it. But is there any evidence that suggests he can? What are you talking about "force potential?"...

Calling me a stupid fanboy because of that.. oh well.
1. I said Vader being able to do whatever he did to Han's blast is a basis for assuming Nihilus might also do it. I did not speak as to what power that would be, but since you bring it up, Force Deflect is fairly common force power for any forceuser to take in the game.

2. I trust that if you examine my comment quoted above, you'll find that I did in no way call you "a stupid fanboy", as you put it. Your attempt to infer that is, well, a bit below board in my humble opinion. I apologize if I seem to have struck a nerve, however...

Old 06-16-2007, 02:16 PM   #480
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Debating whether Nihilus can deflect blaster fire with his hands is kind of pointless IMO. He's got a lightsaber, so either way it would be extremely difficult to shoot him dead.

Though in theory it should be entirely possible. In JO, using Force push against a blaster bolt could send it flying back to the person who shot it. It seems to me that doing a sort of mini-Force push against a blaster bolt at close range(entirely possible - energy in that form is still something physical) would require less effort than conjuring up some sort of protection field with the Force. Since Nihilus can devour planets and shoot bolts of lightning at people I don't think that would be beyond him.

Quote:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Revan VS. Nihilus... who would win