lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight?
Revan 149 74.13%
Nihilus 52 25.87%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Revan VS. Nihilus... who would win
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-08-2008, 09:31 PM   #521
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sparrow
Kreia says, "There are techniques in the Force to which there is no defense." She says this while the cinematic that shows Nihilus using what seems to be nothing other than a small-scale version of his drain power to strip her of her power.
Now really, Nihilus don't do anything there aside from crossing his arms and stand, watching Sion doing his dirt work. Of course he's doing something, and it's not only his dash, staggering presence, but maybe, seeing how Sion played the thug on his alliance with Nihilus, perhaps Kreia was referring to Sion invulnerability. He was being controlled by Nihilus and not under the influence of Traya.


Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may:
Old 01-08-2008, 09:48 PM   #522
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
Post

(I'm only posting here to denounce this in my opinion incorrect person)

Quote:
The more I read forum topics with Revan mentioned the more I learn that lots of ppl hate and underestimate his character...which is veeery sad. Ok I completely understand that there are lots of original Star Wars fans(movies, books..) and when such character like Revan appears and his creators make him soooo powerful and great you cant just agree with this...I saw a lot of **** about Revan being nothing compared to Anakin, or that Luke much more powerful...but this is very stupid to say, cos as creators of Star Wars Expanded Universe stated that Revan was the most powerful force user of his era (this inc. Marca Ragnos, Exar Kun, Bane, and etc...) and George Lucas stated himself that old jedi were more experienced and stronger with the force...So screw you all who say that Revan is only "a great military tactician" and that Luke pwns him... thats soooo ignorant.. And here is smth about Revans powers and achievements:
Talking about characters from totally different timelines being more or less powerful than each other is pointless.

Quote:
and George Lucas stated himself that old jedi were more experienced and stronger with the force...
They were, and he was referring to the ACTUAL Jedi , meaning the ones other than old men (Obi-Wan), young kids with a bit of training (Luke), and crippled cyborgs (Vader) . The older Jedi he's talking about is the Jedi Order before its destruction, which includes the Jedi of the prequel movies.

Quote:
- Again, as a Dark Lord of the Sith, Revan is immensely powerful and considered to be one the most powerful of all time. According to another Sith Lord, Traya, he was power incarnate, looking at him was like "staring into the heart of the Force."
That's Traya's bootlicker opinion of Revan and has no bearing on his actual abilities.

Quote:
He was strong enough to cause the entire Jedi Order to tremble.
Wooh. Spooky.

Quote:
- Revan's knowledge most likely matches or exceeds that of Darth Sidious.
Wishful thinking on your part.

Quote:
it's likely he knew Sith magic as well.
Wishful thinking on your part.

Quote:
he also has the ancient Sith holocron of Tulak Hord
You freaking made that up.

Quote:
And there never been stated that there is no defense against Nihilus's force drain ability.
(What Sparrow said)

Quote:
they were just afraid of his mere presence
Wishful thinking/misinterpretation/lie on your part.

Quote:
Also it was said that Revan USED(controlled) the force not depended on it like all other force sensitives , that’s why he was able to use dark side powers not being fallen to the dark side
Again, that is Kreia's bootlicking attitude talking, not Revan's abilities.

Quote:
Revan found and dominated the Star Forge
Quote:
Also he had an incredible will that helped him not to be consumed by Malachor 5 and Star Forge (which did it with the whole Rakata race)...
No, he didn't. He stayed the hell away from it as much as he could to avoid being dominated by it. And Malachor is what turned him to the dark side in the first place.

Quote:
Sion beats her with his fists and Nihilus does nothing (and even in the beg. of the movie he only used force push)
Nihilus don't do anything else there because he didn't need to.

Quote:
Revan (not Sion, Nihilus, Traya etc.) was the MOST POWERFULL force user of the old era(its like 24000 years) ) (and probably Sith'ari), while Luke Skywalker was the most gifted of the new era...and yes its canon
It's not canon, it's your opinion which in my opinion is incorrect.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 01-11-2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: It wasn't freaking flaming.
TKA-001 is offline   you may:
Old 01-08-2008, 10:13 PM   #523
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
Nothing he said seems at all ridiculous to me. A Dark Lord of the Sith knowing Sith Magic? Why, that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard, NO WAIT, That's usually how it works. It's sort of like being surprised when Luke Skywalker flips on his lightsaber. A Jedi with a Lightsaber? *Gasp!*
Corinthian is offline   you may:
Old 01-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #524
Igos
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 36
I don't see how Revan knowing Sith magic would change the outcome of the fight. Fact is, Nihilus drains Force users either from short or long distance, and he does so very fast (Per Kotor II). You can theorize all you want about the abilities Revan may or may not know, or about his skills as a tactician, or about Kreia lying or not; the thing is that all the sources we have tell us that the Exile is the only one who can resist Nihilus' drain, and that any other force user gets killed instantly, and that sounds pretty much like a victory to me.
Igos is offline   you may:
Old 01-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #525
MaxWham
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5
Ok, I don’t want to do this, but I’ll have to...I'll have to end the whole discussion...please look here http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Drain .... So? OWNED??) Revan was the first to use Nihilus's technique and he was the one who developed it (consider that I am talking about force drain based on “wounds in the force” thing ). So it was just an ordinary dark force power, but Nihilus trained it to an incredible level...But you will be a total fool if not admit that Revan (the creator of this particular force power) would surely find the way how to defeat Nihilus, maybe even using the same technique).Oh and don’t even start saying that wiki is untrue and fanbaised or non-canon…. At the end Star Wars are all just a fiction )))

Edit:
P.S. Oh and one more thing to that nice person who said that Kreia was bootlicking Revan and didn't meant his abilities....ARE YOU a thoughtful poster???She was his teacher and she was the one who knew all of his abilities!!!And stop this bull**** about her not being canon cos then I can say that George Lucas is non-canon himself!!!

Flaming someone is against the rules here. Please read the forum rules. --Jae

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 01-08-2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: combined double post.
MaxWham is offline   you may:
Old 01-08-2008, 11:13 PM   #526
True_Avery
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,002
Yay, this thread is REBORN!

I have waited so long to see idiots debate eachother in this thread!
True_Avery is offline   you may:
Old 01-08-2008, 11:35 PM   #527
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
 
Jae Onasi's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,916
Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Everyone needs to review the Forum rules, with special attention to the rules on flaming. Calling each other stupid, 'tards, and other names is flaming. Keep it civil, please.

OK, let's remember these are characters made up of pixels in an imaginary world....

And if you think this canon thing is serious, you should check out my version.

Statement on the new 6 degrees of Star Wars Canon

We, at WookieWikiWarrickWicketpedia, wish to clear up the confusion of ‘Canon’ in Star Wars by instituting a new classification system on how to rank the different Star Wars and Star Wars EU materials. This will replace the Canon-a, b, c and g system (along with other letters and symbols), which was becoming just too confusing, resulting in many emails from forum administrators and moderators who were ‘having to deal with too damn many threads on arguments over Canon’.

1st degree Canon shall be The Movies. Radio adaptations, so long as they include voices from the Original Actors (and Actresses) shall also be 1st degree Canon. The Screenplays are also 1st degree Canon, but only if George Lucas put a ‘GL’ on every page. The official soundtracks are 1st degree Canon, because John Williams has included the use of both the bassoon and the triangle in his music, and quite possibly the krummhorn. Anything spoken by George Lucas is first degree Canon, including those more mundane statements like ‘I want to order a pizza’ and ‘I have to find the nearest restroom.’

2nd degree Canon shall include those radio adaptations that deviate from the script slightly but still maintain the ‘True Spirit’ of the movies. Those radio adaptations that include the voices of Harrison Ford or Liam Neeson shall automatically be changed to 1st degree Canon, because their voices are really sexy. Those adaptations that include excess amounts of Jar-Jar Binks or Ewok cuteness shall automatically be reduced to 6th degree Canon or less.

3rd degree Canon shall include any books that George Lucas decides shall be 3rd degree, which is pretty much everything else not in the 1st and 2nd degrees. It’s his world—if he wants to say a book is 1st degree or 6th degree, we shall bow to his greater wisdom. The exception are the Vong books, which shall be reduced to 6th degree or the 9th circle of Dante’s Inferno, whichever comes last. All Star Wars games are 3rd degree Canon. The Knights of the Old Republic games, because they are Really Righteous, are 2nd degree Canon. We hereby declare all permutations of Revan and Exile to be Canon, because trying to pick just one is really p!$$ing off the fans. The Star Wars Lego games would be 4th degree Canon because of the ‘cutesy factor’, except for the fact that my son really likes the games, so they stay at 3rd degree.

4th degree Canon includes any comic books. Graphic novels remain at 3rd degree because ‘graphic novel’ sounds more cool than ‘comic book.’ The exception is the Knights of the Old Republic comic book series, which is destined to become a Graphic Novel when bound together, and because they’ve drawn Zayne Carrick really cute. It’s at least 3rd degree, and we might even make that series 2nd degree if sales continue to be good.

5th degree Canon includes all fan-fiction, unless they are “Really Good,” which, by our definition, is anything with over 1,000 views on LucasForums or over 15 thumbs-ups on kotorfanmedia. If they’re “Really Good”, then they can, at the option of the administrators, moderators, machievelli, or the author, move to 4th degree. The exception is if the spam-per-view ratio approaches 1:82, in which case the fanfic shall be declared ‘spammy’ and the fic drops to 6th degree. Action figures are 5th degree Canon, unless they involve Yoda, Han Solo, or Luke Skywalker. These are 1st degree Canon because I like them and because Frank Oz rules.

6th degree Canon includes any speculative posts on any forums. It also includes any non-speculative posts, comments, jokes, pictures, and other written, visual, or aural media. Anything else not already specified shall be 6th degree Canon, unless the author finds something she really likes, in which case the Degree of Canon may be altered accordingly. Forum posts that are written by administrators or moderators shall be whatever Degree of Canon they desire, because the author feels the need to suck up, unless George Lucas declares otherwise, because his 1st degree is more equal than everyone else’s 1st degree.

We hope this clears up any confusion about Canon. If you have any further questions, please send an email to our help center at ‘we won’t answer it anyway.idiocy'. We will do our best to make sure that the answer to your questions are answered with as much obfuscation as possible, preferably by someone who does not even speak your language.

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.


From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may:
Old 01-09-2008, 01:25 AM   #528
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer
 
Titanius Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
(yes, that includes Kreia's - not coincidentally most Revan fanboys don't like talking to her either)
Except, of course, when she says nice things about Revan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxWham
Ok, I don’t want to do this, but I’ll have to...I'll have to end the whole discussion...please look here http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Drain
Provide a source that's more trustworthy than Wookieepedia (the game itself, perhaps?), please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxWham
But you will be a total fool if not admit that Revan (the creator of this particular force power) would surely find the way how to defeat Nihilus, maybe even using the same technique).
Firstly, Revan is not the creator of the power. Secondly, there is no credible evidence to show that Revan has the ability to defend against Nihilus' drain. Thirdly, even if Revan had the same technique (right...), using it would do nothing. Nihilus is a wound in the Force just like the Exile, and the power would have absolutely no effect on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxWham
Oh and don’t even start saying that wiki is untrue and fanbaised or non-canon…. At the end Star Wars are all just a fiction )))
Wookieepedia is not a very reliable source in several cases. It can be edited by anyone at any time. And I'm just wondering, do you know what canon is?

Well, I really don't see the point in furthering this. There's no reasoning with fanboys who'll use anything they can to try to prove their non-existent point.


Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may:
Old 01-09-2008, 09:15 AM   #529
MaxWham
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5
Its I who don’t have any argument???No I gave you a lot of evidence already while you can only say that "OH, Nihilus was soooo powerful wound in da force that he would suck Revan's power..!!!" and that is the most stupid argument(and manifestation of fannyboism) and no evidence at all... But we all know that when Revan walked the surface of Malachor 5 (one of the biggest so called “wound in the force”) for the 1st time through the strength of his will, he was able to feed on its evil power without being consumed by it .....P.S. It was stated in the game that only Exile could defeat Nihilus and Sion not because otherwise they were immortal but because there no powerful enough Jedi to destroy them, and Revan was in the Unknown Regions and he didn’t even care about such minor threat like Nihilus or Sion...
MaxWham is offline   you may:
Old 01-09-2008, 10:21 AM   #530
Miltiades
Death... by Exile
 
Miltiades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bruges, Belgium
Posts: 2,840
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxWham
.....P.S. It was stated in the game that only Exile could defeat Nihilus and Sion not because otherwise they were immortal but because there no powerful enough Jedi to destroy them, and Revan was in the Unknown Regions and he didn’t even care about such minor threat like Nihilus or Sion...
Source please. IMO, Nihilus could only be beaten by the Exile because Nihilus was, just like the Exile herself, a wound in the Force (Avellone practically told us so). What happened to Nihilus when using Force Drain on the Exile, could've well happened to the Exile herself when she would've been as proficient in that particular technique as Nihilus and using it on Nihilus.

While I agree that Revan was much powerful and had more knowledge of the Force than Nihilus, he would've had no chance of defeating Nihilus, for the sole reason that Nihilus consumed everything that is but even the slightest surrounded by the Force, so the only thing that could stop him was something that wasn't surrounded by the Force, and only the Exile had that.
Miltiades is offline   you may:
Old 01-19-2008, 09:31 AM   #531
Darth Hord
Rookie
 
Darth Hord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 87
Revan's best chance to win would be to try and engage Nihilus in a saber duel and do this as quick as possible. If this doesn't happen I can't see Revan surviving even in a saber duel it is not entirely far fetched to say that Nihilus would get a chance to use his version of the force drain technique.
Darth Hord is offline   you may:
Old 01-27-2008, 02:49 PM   #532
Talyn82
Rookie
 
Talyn82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 41
As much as I love Revan, I would have to say Nihilus would win. Because Nihilus feeds on the force, and if Revan is as powerful as they say, that will only make Nihilus stronger.

So in closing I voted for Darth Nihilus.
Talyn82 is offline   you may:
Old 02-03-2008, 04:04 PM   #533
lord-nihilus
Rookie
 
lord-nihilus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 23
Revan is sad excuse for the sith lord; if exile had not stopped nihilus he would have fed on telos and then probably its star and revan would have also been drained
lord-nihilus is offline   you may:
Old 02-05-2008, 06:56 PM   #534
igyman
Tension!
 
igyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: White City
Posts: 3,413
Current Game: Diablo III RoS (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I'm not sure you're getting Nihilus' power correctly. He doesn't feed on the planet, but on the living creatures that live on that planet, since they all have a small amount of Force in them and Nihilus feeds on the Force. This being said, there really is no way for him to feed on a star.

igyman is offline   you may:
Old 02-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #535
Bobenstien
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3
I set up a fight in the combat arena mod 4.0 between nihilus and revan. revan won, but that coud just be the game mechanics.
personally, I think it would end in a draw. and then you could hav a sith "team" with both nihilus and revan.
Bobenstien is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #536
GOD Radu
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 22
Nihilus is not even a Sith Lord, he's a freak of nature, a monster, a predator.
All KOTOR Sith Lords/Jedi Masters live in Revans shadow.

In a fight Revan would find a way kill Nihilus.
Damn it, Revan conquered the Galaxie then left and let it rot, now that's POWER.
GOD Radu is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #537
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
If you actually read the thread's title, rad, then you would know that the question is "Who would win in a battle", not "who do you like to pretend to be a lot".


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2008, 02:54 PM   #538
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
In a straight up lightsaber duel, Revan would beat Nihilus. All he needs to do is pack a Ysalamiri.

Unfortunately, nobody in KotoR is aware of the Ysalamiri.

So Revan loses because Nihilus is a ridiculous character.
Corinthian is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #539
Astor
It's Thornhill!
 
Astor's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 3,632
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD Radu
In a fight Revan would find a way kill Nihilus.
Damn it, Revan conquered the Galaxie then left and let it rot, now that's POWER.
Um... he didn't let it rot. He kept most, if not all, of the infastructure of the Republic intact - that's hardly 'rotting'. The only problem for the galaxy was recovering from nearly two decades of endless war.

But, Nihilus would supposedly win quite quickly, as the Exile is apparently the only one who can kill him.
Astor is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2008, 03:22 PM   #540
Jacob Dakari
Rookie
 
Jacob Dakari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lost in the word of God
Posts: 60
Nihilus would most definately win.

Revan=Power of the Force
Nihilus=Sucks Life Force from anything that can feel the Force

So yah, Nihilus would totally win... but if it was pure Lightsabers... Revan imo.


Jake's Website
"Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 'In your anger do not sin': Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold." Ephesians 4:25-27 (NIV)

"This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
'In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it.'" Isaiah 30:15 (NIV)
Jacob Dakari is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2008, 04:08 PM   #541
JK24
Rookie
 
JK24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in my house
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD Radu
Damn it, Revan conquered the Galaxie then left and let it rot, now that's POWER.
So? Nihilus destroyed an entire planet and species, using only his special ability and without the endless fleet Revan had at his disposal. I would call that quite a demonstration of power. But we're not talking about power here.

Anyway, like others have said, in a lightsaber-only battle Revan would beat Nihilus, but if Revan were to undertake the sort of assault the Exile underwent on Nihilus' ship in K2, he would surely loose. The Exile was the only one who could beat Nihilus...that was one of her/his roles.


Lashowe: "Do you know how many Sith there are on this planet?"
Jolee: "Twelve! No, wait! Thirteen!"
Canderous: "Nice one, old man."
Jolee: "Thank you. It takes effort to be properly irreverent at my age."
JK24 is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2008, 06:39 PM   #542
Darth Visillius
Rookie
 
Darth Visillius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: FT Hood TX
Posts: 44
Firstly I'd just like to say that I don't so much agree with how KoToR fits (cannonically speaking) in the SWEU.

Regardless, as much as I love Revan and want to say he/she is so great that he/she would find a way to beat nihilus, I can't.

The point of the fact of the matter is is that when it's all said and done, Revan wouldn't be able to come within 1000's of meters of Nihilus before he could feel him.

If you remember in the game, Nihilus told Visas to feel the Jedi Exile, not because he couldn't feel the Jedi Exile himself, but because it was something in the Force he had yet to encounter. (IMO) The fact is, with the ability to destroy an entire planet at one time with nothing but the feeding of Force Senisitive beings, Revan wouldn't stand a chance.

R.I.P Revan, you will be missed.


In the absence of orders, find something: and kill it.
--General Ramal
Darth Visillius is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2008, 09:49 AM   #543
Knight Of Honor
Rookie
 
Knight Of Honor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 62
Nihilus is not even flesh and blood. He is a "Black Hole" in the galaxy.
You know... Not even the speed of light is fast enough to escape a black hole. Everything that comes to close to it will be sucked in to its dark place.

Loosely speaking, a black hole is a region of space that has so much mass concentrated in it that there is no way for a nearby object to escape its gravitational pull.

This is where the developers got their ridiculous idea i think.

In terms of force connection no one is stronger than Revan.


If we are all clones, why am i the only one with a sense of humor?
Knight Of Honor is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2008, 10:21 AM   #544
JoeDoe 2.0
n - 1
 
JoeDoe 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Aeros
Posts: 1,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
Yay, this thread is REBORN!

I have waited so long to see kids debate each other in this thread!

Ditto


JoeDoe 2.0 is offline   you may:
Old 04-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #545
GOD Radu
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 22
Sorry about my post earlier, I've seemed to upset some people.

You are all right: LightSaber vs. LightSaber => Revan Wins. Force vs. Force => Nihilus Wins.(Cause it seams he'll eat Revans Force)

But lets look at it from another pov. like I see the situation:

What if Revan created (made/influenced/pushed in that direction) the Exile on purpose. That will make The Exile Revan's indirect weapon. So in the end Revan still wins.

PS: Revan didn't conquer the galaxy because of his vast fleet, but because of his genius, because the Force made him understand.
GOD Radu is offline   you may:
Old 04-08-2008, 09:59 AM   #546
Astor
It's Thornhill!
 
Astor's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 3,632
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD Radu
What if Revan created (made/influenced/pushed in that direction) the Exile on purpose. That will make The Exile Revan's indirect weapon. So in the end Revan still wins.
Now we're getting into the realms of fantasy. That's just too far fetched to even be possible, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD Radu
Revan didn't conquer the galaxy because of his vast fleet, but because of his genius, because the Force made him understand.
Um... he did conquer the galaxy because of his fleet - His genius helped, but you can't conquer the galaxy on wits and intelligence alone.

But now we're beginning to veer off topic...
Astor is offline   you may:
Old 04-08-2008, 03:19 PM   #547
GOD Radu
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 22
Lol, Palpatine/Lord Sidious did! He didn’t had strike at the Republic with a big pile a junk, but from within. Now that’s power.
GOD Radu is offline   you may:
Old 04-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #548
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
Revan wins. Nihilus' Force Eat spell isn't in the game code, and thus has no effect.
Corinthian is offline   you may:
Old 04-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #549
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer
 
Titanius Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,459
Wow... this thread's back... again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
Revan wins. Nihilus' Force Eat spell isn't in the game code, and thus has no effect.
I'll take that as a joke, seeing as how game mechanics mean nothing.


Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may:
Old 04-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #550
Astor
It's Thornhill!
 
Astor's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Posts: 3,632
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Hang on Corinthian - earlier you said Nihilus wins, because he's a ridiculous character, and now you say Revan wins because Nihilus doesn't have proper game mechanics...

So which one is it?
Astor is offline   you may:
Old 04-08-2008, 06:11 PM   #551
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
I reconsidered. Revan has many capabilities that Nihilus doesn't, but chief among these is that he's a Player Character, and as such, has access to the Holy Grail - God Mode.
Corinthian is offline   you may:
Old 04-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #552
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
I believe the Spear of Destiny would make for a more accurate analogy, C.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may:
Old 04-09-2008, 02:07 AM   #553
JCarter426
Senior Member
 
JCarter426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Look to your left.
Posts: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD Radu
Lol, Palpatine/Lord Sidious did! He didn’t had strike at the Republic with a big pile a junk, but from within. Now that’s power.
And in doing so he turned the Republic into a big pile of junk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
Revan wins. Nihilus' Force Eat spell isn't in the game code, and thus has no effect.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
I believe the Spear of Destiny would make for a more accurate analogy, C.
Eh? Nihilus had the Spear of Destiny. The PCs have the Holy Grail.


JCarter426 is offline   you may:
Old 04-09-2008, 02:43 AM   #554
Corinthian
Banned
 
Corinthian's Avatar
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,165
Spear of destiny isn't nearly as well known as the Holy Grail. Besides, the Holy Grail's actual powers aren't even clearly defined within the Arthurian Legends.
Corinthian is offline   you may:
Old 10-18-2008, 04:27 AM   #555
Ultimate Vader
Rookie
 
Ultimate Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: jakarta
Posts: 193
Kreia described Revan as heart of the force. Not " Revan is the heart of the force". It was like staring to the heart of the force. Probably because Revan
is her best student. You'll know if you talk to her in KOTOR 2. Here's my advice :
Don't take Kreia's words seriously. She's a liar. A manipulative witch. You know that.

Nihilus's hunger is uncontrollable. It's consuming him. He's a dying beast who try to survive by consuming the Force. He loses because he try to consume a person who doesn't have the Force. It's like when you try to eat air. You can't. Sion is immortal. He loses because of plot induced story. And because he loves the exile. They are threat to the galaxy. None can stop them but the Jedi Exile, because of her "unique connection" to the Force. If the exile doesn't stop them, Nihilus and Sion will destroy the galaxy. It is useless to rule a destroyed galaxy. Very smart, Revan. You're lucky, the exile stops Sion and Nihilus before they can destroy the galaxy completely. Goto has stated that the Republic will colapse in one standard month when the exile met him in his ship.

Sion and Nihilus have one thing in common. A destroyed galaxy.


Rulk Badass 2
Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!
Ultimate Vader is offline   you may:
Old 10-18-2008, 04:33 AM   #556
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor
 
Inyri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,510
Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
You state "don't take Kreia's words seriously" but then go on to quote Atton's and G0T0's words as fact. Irony.

Inyri is offline   you may:
Old 10-18-2008, 04:55 AM   #557
Ultimate Vader
Rookie
 
Ultimate Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: jakarta
Posts: 193
. GOTO is a calculating machine. Kreia is a liar witch. Don't you get it?


Rulk Badass 2
Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!
Ultimate Vader is offline   you may:
Old 10-18-2008, 06:00 AM   #558
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!
 
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Over the bridge from Australia
Posts: 1,214
this thread just 'pulled a sion'!
darn. this is an awesome thread, but i cant read through all those 500+ posts. and since it died a couple months ago, i just missed it.
but ill do it anyway!
i vaguely remember voting in this thread, and my choice was revan. now, after thinking for a moment, i choose nihilus. why? nihilus eats the force. revan is stuffed with the force. not a good combination for revan. revan is the main course at a five star restaurant for nihilus. exile force connection was the opposite, hence nihilus' weakening himself by trying to drain her.
revan would be fighting without the force, against nihilus who would be temporarily charged with revan's power. but then, kreia orchestrated nihilus' death through her manipulation skills, and i think that *maybe* revan might know some manipulation himself (creating an empire etc. and being kreia's student - if she was manipulative back then too) he would have to use his smarts. and nihilus' weakness is his hunger for the force, something that revan can easily exploit somehow. but if it was revan vs nihilus like the situation that the exile had, IMO revan goes splat.
this reminds me of a downright awesome piece of artwork on deviantart:

click for bigger view

this has probably been posted before, but meh. have a look at it again.(as i said, i didnt read the posts).



mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may:
Old 10-18-2008, 08:45 AM   #559
Ultimate Vader
Rookie
 
Ultimate Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: jakarta
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
this thread just 'pulled a sion'!
darn. this is an awesome thread, but i cant read through all those 500+ posts. and since it died a couple months ago, i just missed it.
but ill do it anyway!
i vaguely remember voting in this thread, and my choice was revan. now, after thinking for a moment, i choose nihilus. why? nihilus eats the force. revan is stuffed with the force. not a good combination for revan. revan is the main course at a five star restaurant for nihilus. exile force connection was the opposite, hence nihilus' weakening himself by trying to drain her.
revan would be fighting without the force, against nihilus who would be temporarily charged with revan's power. but then, kreia orchestrated nihilus' death through her manipulation skills, and i think that *maybe* revan might know some manipulation himself (creating an empire etc. and being kreia's student - if she was manipulative back then too) he would have to use his smarts. and nihilus' weakness is his hunger for the force, something that revan can easily exploit somehow. but if it was revan vs nihilus like the situation that the exile had, IMO revan goes splat.
this reminds me of a downright awesome piece of artwork on deviantart:

click for bigger view

this has probably been posted before, but meh. have a look at it again.(as i said, i didnt read the posts).
I didn't pull Sion. I just use him to make people who think that Revan can win to see things as I do. By the way, the picture looks cool


Rulk Badass 2
Most fun I've ever had with my clothes on!
Ultimate Vader is offline   you may:
Old 10-18-2008, 09:20 AM   #560
The Betrayer
Forumite
 
The Betrayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 716
Current Game: The Godfather II
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Vader View Post
I didn't pull Sion. I just use him to make people who think that Revan can win to see things as I do. By the way, the picture looks cool
I think when he said "pulled a Sion", he meant that it was resurrected - bumped.



OMNIA MUTANTUR NIHIL INTERIT.
The Betrayer is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Revan VS. Nihilus... who would win

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.