lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight?
Revan 149 74.13%
Nihilus 52 25.87%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Revan VS. Nihilus... who would win
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-02-2007, 10:47 PM   #201
Anakin Skywalker
Argetlam

Helpful! 
Very well, I will give you that.... but of course I will defend him.... me being a Jedi and all.... so, if you want to consider it a friendly rivalry then very well.

But I would like you to consider this, there are techniques out side the Force, that can be used to defeat Nihilus.... one is to strip yourself of the Force... like the Jedi Exile did.
Anakin Skywalker is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2007, 10:33 AM   #202
Allronix
Forumite

Honestly? Double-kill.

Revan damages Nihilus. Nihilus sucks Revan dry, but it ends up consuming himself in the process.

Allronix - KOTOR Filefront Supporter
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/

Please bring your mods. They'll give them a good home!
Allronix is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #203
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Ah, Jedi Kaybee, come to join the fight over here too, eh?

Like The Architect said, you are basing your arguments on suppositions, and that doesn't really have and credibility. Yes, Revan may have learned such a power (even though I highly doubt it), but there is no proof that he did, and if we intend on arguing over a fight that has never, and probably will never happen, then we have to go by canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Master
I would have to say Revan will kick Nihilus tail, due to the fact that Revan is like the Chosen One of that time
Anakin was the Chosen One of his time, but he didn't beat Obi-Wan did he? No. You are completely forgetting the whole "Nihilus can eat life" thing. Just by the fact that Revan is a powerful Force user means that he would be a very tasty meal for Nihilus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allronix
Revan damages Nihilus. Nihilus sucks Revan dry, but it ends up consuming himself in the process.
And just how do you think that would work? Why would Nihilus consume himself simply because he drained Revan?

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2007, 04:54 PM   #204
Anakin Skywalker
Argetlam

Helpful! 
Because Revan would possibly be the last Force Sensitive...... and he must have Force Sensitives to keep himself going.....
Old 01-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #205
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Actually, he doesn't really need Force sensitives. He consumes the Force, and since the Force flows through all life and no life can live without it, it would only seem logical that he could eat anyone. At least, that's what I think.

Old 01-03-2007, 05:18 PM   #206
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
Actually, he doesn't really need Force sensitives. He consumes the Force, and since the Force flows through all life and no life can live without it, it would only seem logical that he could eat anyone. At least, that's what I think.
But he would no longer be powerful. Consuming Telos would only sustain him for a time, but it would not be as fuffilling as eating Kattar. Without any more Force Senstives, then there would be little Force left for Nihlius to eat. He would grow progressively weaker, and then die off...consumed by his own hunger.

As Kreia said, he's already dead, and the only question is how many can he kills before he scummbs. Of course, if Revan is the last Force-Senstive, and gets killed off, then Nihlius would have really won, in the same war Malak really won the Jedi Civil War, no? His goal was complete, that of the destruction of the Jedi Order...

Of course, this is why the Exile is essential, since he could stop Nihlius before he could grow too powerful and destroy the whole galaxy. The Exile is the only one that could really defeat Nihlius.
SilentScope001 is offline   you may:
Old 01-03-2007, 05:19 PM   #207
Anakin Skywalker
Argetlam

Helpful! 

Yes..... but it takes him forever for non-Force Sensitives.... and his hunger eventually grows more.... and more... until he has non-Force Sensitives to "eat" only... and when his hunger grows too strong... then he will consume himself...
Old 01-20-2007, 07:18 PM   #208
Master Michael
Rookie

There are very little evidence as to how Nihilus' power actually work.

I thought Nihilus was to weak to do a direct attack on the Exile, because he had very little to feed on since Katarr. Didn't the Exile say that to him?

Last edited by Master Michael; 01-21-2007 at 06:53 AM.
Master Michael is offline   you may:
Old 01-20-2007, 08:11 PM   #209
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo El Sanchez
Revan would win for sure.
Revan would own Nihilius were he stands... if the Exile was able to kill him, no doubt the far superior Revan could.
Oh please, don't make me get drawn back into this discussion again. This has been talked about over and over. The fact is, no one knows who would win for sure until it happens, however unlikely. The only things we have to go on is the facts of what we already know, which highly lean in Nihilus' favor.

Edit: Oh my.....

Do you not understand the whole "The Exile is a wound in the Force"? The only reason Nihilus was unable to drain the Exile is because there was nothing there to drain. The Exile was a hole. Nihilus feeds off the Force. That's how he stays alive, by sucking the life out of Force sensitives.

Now Revan on the other hand, is a very powerful Jedi/Sith. All the more appetizing for Nihilus. He would use his drain power and eat Revan right up like a plate of spaghetti and meatballs.

And btw, why do you think that Revan is "far superior" to the Exile? Just curious.

Last edited by stoffe; 01-20-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:29 PM   #210
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

Ahh...i forgot Nihilius could do that..and i recon Revan is better because he started the KOTOR story and its his legend that lives through the Exile with the Ebon Hawk and all.
Carlo El Sanchez is offline   you may:
Old 01-20-2007, 08:32 PM   #211
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Wow, that was easier than I thought it would be. I figured you'd go on and on like some fan-boy.

And I don't think that Revan is all that more powerful than the Exile, but oh well, we all have different opinions.

Old 01-20-2007, 08:52 PM   #212
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Mod note: Cleaned up a bit. Any further "oneliner" posts in this thread will be deleted as spam. Please only post replies if you have anything meaningful to add to the discussion. (Meaningful as in motivating why you think something, not merely stating that you do.)
stoffe is offline   you may:
Old 02-04-2007, 05:01 AM   #213
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
I suppose this is besides the point a little (I may get the ire from all sides or just be ignored, maybe deleted, but I hope this is meaningful), but has anyone here ever read the SW novel...I think called crystal dwarf? It's the one where Hethrir (one of Vader's students, the one with a silver lightsaber) gets consumed near the end by some creature from another universe named Waru.
(Look up "Hethrir" if you are serious about actually finding this.)

The universe Waru came from is the anti-force universe or something. Stated in wookiepedia and in the book. That implies possibly that the creature is made of anti-force.

So I wonder what would happen to Nihilus if he were to try to consume an anti-force creature? Vice versa? Nihilus is a wound in the force. I'm not sure if He's anti-force either.

And since this Waru had both healing and killing power, it is forseeable that waru could vanquish darkside or light.
(I wonder if a standoff it might invert nihilus in some way? Waru?)

Just for conversation sake I'd like to see where this goes... Though I'll bet the nihilus fan-boy hoards will now come out and try all the same stuff the revan fan-boys have been doing, anything including popularity to win.

It's pretty faint what I can remember, but I will use what I know, with a little opinion. Which still is little.

Given their consuming natures (Though Waru could produce a healing unlike anything else too, stated in book--not that nihilus can't force heal to be sure) they both needed something to "eat". Nihilus, just to eat. Waru, besides getting back home, hard to say.

This creature needed *A* force sensitive (ended up being hethrir), in order to have the power to get back home. Stated in book. *A* could possibly be anyone. Like nihilus... somehow reborn/revived.

Now these are characters from seperate time periods entirely. I'm asking the question of who'd win, were it ever possible for the two ever meeting (or someone like Waru in nihilus' time period, or vice versa)

Waru shows up in the post ROTJ. 16 years ofter ROTJ the novel said--again from my memory or lack thereof. Stated in book--go look for yourself to find out for sure.

This Waru was a creature portrayed in a somewhat evil way--though I saw it as an indifferent minded... ichor bleeding ........gellatinous...... pinapple scaled..... internal spikewheeled........ puddle ball in the air....... thing. It made an... honorable (if you could call it that)... pact with Hethrir. Mezmorize the galaxy and offer to heal most who come through. Hethrir would find a force sensitive in return to feed ...him..it...whatever... Stated in book.

Hethrir succeeded in kidnapping the solo children. Hethrir tried to feed off Anakin Solo to it...didn't work. Waru tried to daze Luke and eat him, almost worked--but Leia barely pulled him back (and if I recall, Waru was ...enthusiastically... trying to consume both of them--and Han). Finally the creature got sick of posing for Hethrir after that failed, ate Hethrir, and shrunk into nothingness and presumably went back into his...err its.... universe. Stated in book.
It promised rebirth to whomever was consumed...but nobody knows if Hethrir will ever come back. Hethrir wasn't too popular, but he was the one behind all the stuff of the jedi outcast and jedi academy. ---Wookieoedia.

It..Waru... healed hoardes of living beings but sometimes killed one or two (it needed something to satiate its hunger sometimes or else it was too weak for anything). So there implies it had a weakness, but not necessarily death. Stated in book.

I see a stunning conceptual similarity to Nihilus with Waru.

My personal opinion, I'm not so sure who'd win, if victory is even possible for either one... Since I'm not really a huge fan of either Revan or Nihilus, ...or Waru in this case... I don't have any influences biasing me there.

This is just something that this thread reminded me of. So I got the idea.

Waru could be a wound in the force, or not. There isn't sufficent info to say, here.

Inference based on observation of the fact that Waru is from the anti-force universe:
In my humble opinion (which can change after thourough, factual, convincing): A creature from the anti-force universe that is in the force universe sounds like a most horrid wound in the force if there ever was one.

Nihilus VS Waru: A definite staring contest for an eternity to be sure. Unsure of who'd be victorious.
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may:
Old 02-06-2007, 12:13 PM   #214
reven0123
Rookie

This is why i voted for revan:
Kreia~"Revan was power. Staring into his eyes was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revanů and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." Darth Malak
reven0123 is offline   you may:
Old 02-06-2007, 02:42 PM   #215
Henz

I thought Nihlus was designed to be only killable by Exile because of his unusual circumstances, therefore further explaining them in the plot. So with this in mind Nihlus could kill any Jedi in his path, a whole planet of them comes to mind, so Revan wouldn't stand a chance.
Henz is offline   you may:
Old 02-06-2007, 03:29 PM   #216
Imoras
Rookie

i've read somewhere that obsidian intended to make that mask of nihilus to be made out of revan's skull but cutted it out to make revan's fate a mistery and allow themselves more freedom in next sequel
so i guess we know what obsidian thinks about who'll win

personally i hate that scenario
i find revan to be a great character and i really dislike nihilus
haven't seen more charismatic game character then revan since baldur's gate and planescape torment...

edit:

now if we think about it
if they were face to face nihilus' hunger bull**** isn't much of an advantage since revan could cut his head with a lightsaber or fry him with force lightening long before nihilus has a chance to drain revan
Imoras is offline   you may:
Old 02-06-2007, 03:45 PM   #217
Vaelastraz
Veteran

You know, Nihilus has a lightsaber too...

As long as we don't how exactly Nihilus abilities work, we can't tell the outcome of that battle.
However, it is more likely that Nihilus would win, since the chances of Revan knowing a counter to that drain are rather low...
Vaelastraz is offline   you may:
Old 02-06-2007, 03:50 PM   #218
Imoras
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
You know, Nihilus has a lightsaber too...

He's rather inept at lightsaber combat
And Revan is master of it... the best ever perhaps
Old 02-06-2007, 04:33 PM   #219
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

As we see in the Exile vs. Nihilus battle, Nihilus tries to use his Drain, but it only weakens him because of the Exile's whole "Wound in the Force" status. If Revan and Nihilus fought, Nihilus would wipe Revan away in a matter of seconds. Revan being "very powerful" would not give him an advantage. In fact, it would only make him a tastier meal for Nihilus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imoras
And Revan is master of it... the best ever perhaps
True, Revan was a very good duelist, but definitely not the best ever. As Kreia says, the ancient Sith Lords make modern Jedi look like children playing with toys.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #220
Imoras
Rookie

Kreia says many things
Ajunta Pall was supposed to be the best ever (or atleast one of the best) as i recall
And i also seem to recall Revan (the player) wiping the floor with Ajunta's spirit
Also in the encounter Exile vs Nihilus the hunger boy didn't use use that 'power' of his imediatelly
Its logical for that 'power' to take time and whatever little time it takes it would be enough for Revan to deliver some mighty butt kicking to Nihilus
And if it isn't some face to face battle and they're just hunting eachother throughout the galaxy i think Revan would still win
He's far more cunning then Nihilus and surely will think of a way to destroy him without directly confronting him if he wishes
Sending one like the Exile after Nihilus for example
Or he could just go and kill a planet so he becomes like the exile
Old 02-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #221
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Kreia says many things
Um... ok

Quote:
Ajunta Pall was supposed to be the best ever (or atleast one of the best) as i recall
And i also seem to recall Revan (the player) wiping the floor with Ajunta's spirit
Actually, that was Tulak Hord who is supposed to be the best. In fact Kreia's exact words are, "all the greatest masters since were as children playing with toys."

Revan only fought Pall if he was dark side. Also, in TSL, when the Exile has the vision of Revan in the tomb on Korriban, he wipes up the floor with him. So do you think that the Exile would easily kill Revan in a fight?

Quote:
Also in the encounter Exile vs Nihilus the hunger boy didn't use use that 'power' of his imediatelly
Its logical for that 'power' to take time and whatever little time it takes it would be enough for Revan to deliver some mighty butt kicking to Nihilus
Why exactly would it be illogical for Nihilus to be able to use his power at close range? True, he didn't use it right away, but do you really think Revan would just go over there and chop up Nihilus in 5 seconds? Nihilus has a lightsaber too, so he can defend himself.

Quote:
And if it isn't some face to face battle and they're just hunting eachother throughout the galaxy i think Revan would still win
He's far more cunning then Nihilus and surely will think of a way to destroy him without directly confronting him if he wishes
Sending one like the Exile after Nihilus for example
Well, the point of this thread is to speculate on who would win in a 1 on 1 fight between Nihilus and Revan, so I think that would mean it's close up. Why would you think Revan would win from far away? What kind of power would Revan have to defeat him from great distances? Nihilus has the ability to destroy an entire planet from orbit, so Nihilus would most likely be able to kill him from a much greater distance then Revan.

Quote:
Or he could just go and kill a planet so he becomes like the exile
I think that's a bit out of the question....

Anyway, there is really no way to officially answer this question until Revan and Nihilus actually fight, which most likely will be never.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #222
Imoras
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagerWeasel
Actually, that was Tulak Hord who is supposed to be the best. In fact Kreia's exact words are, "all the greatest masters since were as children playing with toys."

Revan only fought Pall if he was dark side. Also, in TSL, when the Exile has the vision of Revan in the tomb on Korriban, he wipes up the floor with him. So do you think that the Exile would easily kill Revan in a fight?
Vision of some1 and the actual spirit of some1 are quite different things
Some crazy one legged kid on Tatooine for example could have visions of how he pwns Malak but if he has to fight his spirit things wouldn't go exactly the same way right?

Quote:
Why exactly would it be illogical for Nihilus to be able to use his power at close range? True, he didn't use it right away, but do you really think Revan would just go over there and chop up Nihilus in 5 seconds? Nihilus has a lightsaber too, so he can defend himself.
I'm not saying Nihilus couldn't use his 'power; at close range
I'm saying he couldn't possibly be able to just launch it without any preparation and the time he'd need to prepare would be enough for Revan to chop him to pieces
And as we already cleared out Revan is waaaaay better then Nihilus in lightsaber combat
So what if he has lightsaber too? I'll use the one legged Tatooine boy example again
Give the boy a lightsaber and pit it against Malak with his lightsaber
Even though the boy is armed it will still be pwned in 5 seconds right?
Its the same with Revan and Nihilus

Quote:
Well, the point of this thread is to speculate on who would win in a 1 on 1 fight between Nihilus and Revan, so I think that would mean it's close up. Why would you think Revan would win from far away? What kind of power would Revan have to defeat him from great distances? Nihilus has the ability to destroy an entire planet from orbit, so Nihilus would most likely be able to kill him from a much greater distance then Revan.
Nihilus would need to locate Revan and thats hard for him as we saw in Kotor 2
He couldn't find any jedi unless they all gathered at the same place
So as i said Revan could use his cunning to strike at Nihilus without leaving the safety of his base

And btw Kreia is Darth Traya so you can't trust everything she says
Old 02-06-2007, 11:49 PM   #223
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
I'm saying he couldn't possibly be able to just launch it without any preparation and the time he'd need to prepare would be enough for Revan to chop him to pieces
Nope, he'd be able to do it. Nihilus killed a dozen or so Jedi Masters with his NihilusDrainTM power. One Sith Lord wouldn't be much of a stretch.

You see Nihilus use his power when he fights Sion, anyway. No preparation at all was required.

Quote:
He couldn't find any jedi unless they all gathered at the same place
Nope. Nihilus is something akin to a Force bloodhound; their presence is enough to attract him. Hence his ability to find Katarr half a galaxy away.

Quote:
So as i said Revan could use his cunning to strike at Nihilus without leaving the safety of his base
Not exactly Revan vs. Nihilus any longer, is it?

Nihilus consumes whole planets. He'd be able to kill any organic army, no matter how large, that Revan could send against him. Droids, though, are another matter, as he can't use NihilusDrainTM on them. A couple squads would be enough to kill him that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 02-07-2007, 09:11 AM   #224
Imoras
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Nope, he'd be able to do it. Nihilus killed a dozen or so Jedi Masters with his NihilusDrainTM power. One Sith Lord wouldn't be much of a stretch.
The Jedi masters were all gathered togather
When they separated on different planets he couldn't find them

Quote:
You see Nihilus use his power when he fights Sion, anyway. No preparation at all was required.
Sion was rather chatty in that encounter giving Nihilus some time
I doubt Revan would waste time for chit chat

Quote:
Nope. Nihilus is something akin to a Force bloodhound; their presence is enough to attract him. Hence his ability to find Katarr half a galaxy away.
Katar was a whole planet with force sensitives AND it had a whole bunch of jedi on its surface
Of course he could find it
I get the feeling you didn't pay much attention to the plot in Kotor 2

Quote:
Not exactly Revan vs. Nihilus any longer, is it?

Nihilus consumes whole planets. He'd be able to kill any organic army, no matter how large, that Revan could send against him. Droids, though, are another matter, as he can't use NihilusDrainTM on them. A couple squads would be enough to kill him that way.
Or he could send some1 like the exile against him
It will do the trick as well
Old 02-07-2007, 09:22 AM   #225
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Not much of a bloodhound in my opinion since Atris tipped him off about the meeting on Katarr, and Kreia similarly tipped him off about the Jedi Academy on Telos. Doesn't take immense power to follow obvious leads planted by those who want you to find them.

If he had such a force nose for sniffing out force users half a galaxy away then why didn't he see the Telos Academy lead for the false bait it was before rushing there?
stoffe is offline   you may:
Old 02-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #226
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Quote:
As we see in the Exile vs. Nihilus battle, Nihilus tries to use his Drain, but it only weakens him because of the Exile's whole "Wound in the Force" status. If Revan and Nihilus fought, Nihilus would wipe Revan away in a matter of seconds. Revan being "very powerful" would not give him an advantage. In fact, it would only make him a tastier meal for Nihilus.

True, Revan was a very good duelist, but definitely not the best ever. As Kreia says, the ancient Sith Lords make modern Jedi look like children playing with toys.

Actually we don't see that Nihilus trys to use his drain. That's just one possible situation. However, as the PC I can choose so defeat Nihilus just like that, and I don't recall him using his drain on me (or at least trying).
So, Nihilus might underestimate Revan (like he probably underestimated the Exile.. if you choose not to have Nihilus try to drain you) and get defeated.

Revan is strong in the force, one of the strongest of his era, so there's no doubt he is good with the saber. The best? Perhaps... who knows. That's speculation. But I doubt that all jedi/sith in that era are "like children playing with toys" compared to the ancient Lords. Kreia's talk is definitly not a starwars history book.

Anyway: ED is right. Droids do the trick! We should move on discussing ....
HK-47 vs Darth Nihilus
NOT an arena fight, let's suppose they wage war on each other. Obviously, HK-47 is smarter. And he knows what it takes to eliminate Jedi and Sith.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:56 AM   #227
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe
Not much of a bloodhound in my opinion since Atris tipped him off about the meeting on Katarr
Actually, that bit was cut from the game. Yes, I know it's in the game files, but I've never heard Atris actually admit to it in the actual game.

Quote:
and Kreia similarly tipped him off about the Jedi Academy on Telos. Doesn't take immense power to follow obvious leads planted by those who want you to find them.
Except that Kreia was lying - there were no force sensitives on Telos, unless the exile lets Atris live, in which case there is one...

Quote:
If he had such a force nose for sniffing out force users half a galaxy away then why didn't he see the Telos Academy lead for the false bait it was before rushing there?
Because he was starving and couldn't be bothered to waste time booking a table or checking the menu in advance

Quote:
Actually we don't see that Nihilus trys to use his drain. That's just one possible situation.
So what? We know he has the power. That's why Vandar, Zhar, Dorak and everyone else on Katarr are all dead.

Quote:
However, as the PC I can choose so defeat Nihilus just like that, and I don't recall him using his drain on me (or at least trying).
So, Nihilus might underestimate Revan (like he probably underestimated the Exile.. if you choose not to have Nihilus try to drain you) and get defeated.
Nihilus is drawn to force sensitives. You might just as well argue that the exile being a void is precisely the reason why you can avoid having him try to drain. Personally, I can say only that he always tries it on me. Revan is another matter, though - he is strong in the force and would irresistable to Nihilus for that very reason. Revan is basically dripping in force, and Nihilus a very dry sponge looking desperately to suck some up. Yummy!

Quote:
Revan is strong in the force, one of the strongest of his era, so there's no doubt he is good with the saber.
What does being strong in the force have to do with being a good duelist with the lightsaber? You'd need to have good force abilities, but I don't see why being particularly strong would automatically make you a good duelist as well.

@topic: I find this poll difficult to believe. If I've learned anything from it, then it's that there are a LOT of people out there who are VERY fond of Revan...

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may:
Old 02-07-2007, 03:21 PM   #228
Henz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
@topic: I find this poll difficult to believe. If I've learned anything from it, then it's that there are a LOT of people out there who are VERY fond of Revan...
haha *nods*

Is that true about Nihlus' mask being made from Revan's skull originally? That would have been great. Nihlus would be scarier then for sure.
Henz is offline   you may:
Old 02-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #229
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henz
Is that true about Nihlus' mask being made from Revan's skull originally? That would have been great. Nihlus would be scarier then for sure.
If that is true and they had left that in the game, that would be quite a blow to all the die-hard Revan fan-boys.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #230
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
I think that's entirely speculative, maybe even something out of a fanfiction (not that that's a bad thing). Certainly, I've never seen anything in TSL to suggest that, and I do believe Revan's fate was left unrevealed so that whoever does KotOR3 (if it's ever done) can decide what became of Revan.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may:
Old 02-07-2007, 04:58 PM   #231
Imoras
Rookie

Quote:

Well according to wikipedia that was the original intention of Obsidian though they left it out to keep Revan's fate a mistery
But as we all know wikipedia isn't the most reliable source of information
Old 02-07-2007, 05:03 PM   #232
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
The Jedi masters were all gathered togather
When they separated on different planets he couldn't find them
Because they chose planets that could mask their scent, metaphorically. The chronicles, unreliable as they are, do make an accurate claim in that the Jedi were slowly picked off one by one.

Quote:
Sion was rather chatty in that encounter giving Nihilus some time
So you think Nihilus was "preparing" his power during his conversation with Sion, despite no indication whatsoever? A sketchy concept at best.

In any case, it appears he can use NihilusDrainTM in a relatively quick amount of time. If you've read Unseen, Unheard, you'll recall that Nihilus went down to the planet itself before he killed everyone. The chronicles mention he led the attack, which would imply he faced the Jedi Masters in direct combat. Since I highly doubt they would be dumb enough not to stay together when fighting someone like him, the only possible options are that Nihilus out-dueled a good number of Jedi Masters all at once, or that he used NihilusDrainTM. The later, obviously, ends fights normally beyond the user's ability.

Quote:
Of course he could find it
Let's look a bit at the background behind Katarr... It's in the Mid Rim, so it could be a relatively new world. Unseen, Unheard made confirmed that (the planet look quite unindustrialized), and it had a small population of a naturally reclusive and secretive race. Not too much of a stretch its location wouldn't be known to many.

Nihilus was able to find it with his senses alone (which, for some reason, he never did before the Jedi met there). I think that confirms he's something akin to a Force bloodhound.

Quote:
I get the feeling you didn't pay much attention to the plot in Kotor 2
I get the feeling you've not seen many of my posts.

Quote:
Or he could send some1 like the exile against him
It will do the trick as well
Not really, since there was only one Exile who was never under Revan's command while Nihilus was alive. A couple squads of droids would do the trick, and would be far less of a loss if they failed.

Quote:
Not much of a bloodhound in my opinion since Atris tipped him off about the meeting on Katarr, and Kreia similarly tipped him off about the Jedi Academy on Telos. Doesn't take immense power to follow obvious leads planted by those who want you to find them.
Atris tipping him off is cut content (which you have said is not valid ). It's stated several times that Katarr drew Nihilus to it like a beacon, anyway. For a creature like him, there's little surprise there.

Quote:
Jediphile had a good point about what a starving man would do in a restaurant. But to go back to my bloodhound example, one can cover a trail with pepper spray to make it indiscernible. Likewise, Atris chose to occupy a world that was like pepper spray to him. All the deaths and tragedies that had occurred on Telos were able to mask the presence of Force-sensitives. There could've been several younglings or a regiment of Jedi Masters there for all Nihilus could've known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 02-08-2007, 01:18 PM   #233
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile

What does being strong in the force have to do with being a good duelist with the lightsaber? You'd need to have good force abilities, but I don't see why being particularly strong would automatically make you a good duelist as well.
Well I believe the Jedi's insanely fast reflexes (gained through the force) play quite a role in a saber duel. The rest is obviously speed of movement (which I think can be achieved through the force), to predict your opponents moves (with experience and force senses that can be done), and finally: technique and experience. (That is training)

So let's rather say: being strong in the force grants someone the potential to be a better duelist than someone who's not as strong in the force.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:29 PM   #234
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
Well I believe the Jedi's insanely fast reflexes (gained through the force) play quite a role in a saber duel. The rest is obviously speed of movement (which I think can be achieved through the force), to predict your opponents moves (with experience and force senses that can be done), and finally: technique and experience. (That is training)

So let's rather say: being strong in the force grants someone the potential to be a better duelist than someone who's not as strong in the force.
Well we got Nihlius who gobbles up Force for a living. Surely, if he gobbled up Kataar, he should have became a much better duelist than Revan, right? With all that Force he has?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
Old 02-12-2007, 03:49 AM   #235
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
I know a potential sith lord who would beat the crap out of both of them......

Darth Lucas...

Darth Avlectus is offline   you may:
Old 02-12-2007, 04:32 AM   #236
Rockstar

Quote:
now if we think about it
if they were face to face nihilus' hunger bull**** isn't much of an advantage since revan could cut his head with a lightsaber or fry him with force lightening long before nihilus has a chance to drain revan

... Nihilus had a lightsaber silly. He would have blocked the lightning with the lightsaber and dualed back...

Nihilus could drain Revan dry before he ever got close
Rockstar is offline   you may:
Old 02-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #237
Imoras
Rookie

I haven't really seen anybody blocking Force lightening in Kotor...
Old 02-12-2007, 12:13 PM   #238
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Maybe blocking force lightning is a Force Power on Its Own.

"Force Don't-Shock-me/Force Rubbershoes."

I think Revan would fight "fair" and just nuke his ship (until he runs out of juice holding it together) leaving him floating in the vast emptiness of space starving to his end.

Then, maybe, if Revan is in an interesting mood, he would be locked up in a force cage, like a pet rancor or something.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may:
Old 02-12-2007, 12:38 PM   #239
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
I think Revan would fight "fair" and just nuke his ship (until he runs out of juice holding it together) leaving him floating in the vast emptiness of space starving to his end.
That's not fair, that's cheating. And Revan would not stoop down to Malak's level...would he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
Old 02-12-2007, 01:00 PM   #240
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScope001
Well we got Nihlius who gobbles up Force for a living. Surely, if he gobbled up Kataar, he should have became a much better duelist than Revan, right? With all that Force he has?

Does he really command the force he drains? Aside from his powerful drain, he doesn't appear to fully wield the force of millions of beings...

If that was the case, he could crush the exile with the force along with his companions instantly without raising a finger. It would have been impossible for the Exile to defeat him, even when she's resistant to the drain.
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Revan VS. Nihilus... who would win