lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight?
Revan 149 74.13%
Nihilus 52 25.87%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Revan VS. Nihilus... who would win
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #241
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,236
Quote:
Does he really command the force he drains? Aside from his powerful drain, he doesn't appear to fully wield the force of millions of beings...

If that was the case, he could crush the exile with the force along with his companions instantly without raising a finger. It would have been impossible for the Exile to defeat him, even when she's resistant to the drain.
Which most likely means he doesn't command the Force that much. Still, I do think he does have some command over the Force, even a little bit, which will allow for him to be somewhat good at dueling...

Then again, Exile is resistant to the drain, which causes Nihlius to actually bend in pain. Prehaps he actually lost some Force and became very weak, which allows The Exile to murder him. If Nihilius was at full strength, prehaps Nihlius would have pawned both Revan and Exile.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may:
Old 02-13-2007, 09:39 AM   #242
Vaelastraz
Veteran
 
Vaelastraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: City 17. It's safer.
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScope001
Which most likely means he doesn't command the Force that much. Still, I do think he does have some command over the Force, even a little bit, which will allow for him to be somewhat good at dueling...

Then again, Exile is resistant to the drain, which causes Nihlius to actually bend in pain. Prehaps he actually lost some Force and became very weak, which allows The Exile to murder him. If Nihilius was at full strength, prehaps Nihlius would have pawned both Revan and Exile.
First of all, I don't doubt that Nihilus is "somewhat good" at dueling. However, he's clearly not on the level of the Jedi Exile.

In my version he doesn't bend it pain... only if I choose that. Point is, the Exile can defeat Darth Nihilus, even without Nihilus "bending in pain". So I'd say, when it comes to common force powers and saber dueling, the Exile is stronger than Darth Nihilus.

And when that's the case, Revan could be stronger in those aspects as well. But unlike the Exile, Revan is not resistant to the drain, therefore he would not win a duel.
Vaelastraz is offline   you may:
Old 02-16-2007, 08:04 AM   #243
TheGreenGoblin
Junior Member
 
TheGreenGoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
the Exile is stronger than Darth Nihilus.
Nihilus was pretty hungry by the time he reached Telos, having not had a good feasting since Katarr. In this respect he works like Galactus, the world eater, from Marvel comics.

Galactus is one of the most powerful beings in the universe, but his strength levels are determined by when he last fed. If it was just a short time ago, only a few beings in the entire universe can stand against him. If it's been a long time since Galactus has had a meal his strength weakens and he can be taken down.

Secondly, we can certainly determine that Nihilus does indeed fall down in pain since he does it again when you use Visas to hurt him through their bond.

"In my version he doesn't bend it pain"

I don't know what this means, if you've modded it, but in this argument we're clearly going with what the game actually shows us. So, feeding off the Exile didn't react well with Nihilus.
TheGreenGoblin is offline   you may:
Old 02-16-2007, 10:43 AM   #244
legend222
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 76
As much as I like Revan Nihilus' power would consume Revan. However if Darth H doesn't use it for some reason and duels Revan and uses only normal Force powers Revan would pwn him.
legend222 is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2007, 09:25 AM   #245
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.
 
TKA-001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,535
Forum Veteran 
I agree. Nihilus would just use the super-drain on Revan that he uses to kill planets. He tried to use that on the exile, but he exausted himself because he was trying to feed off of an absense in the force, where he expected to find a big pot of force soup.


"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2007, 10:21 AM   #246
Fish.Stapler
Junior Member
 
Fish.Stapler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chandler, Phoenix Area, AZ
Posts: 285
Seems like everyone has stated what they need to say quite nicely, and I'm coming into this a little late but...

In a war situation, from what we've seen Nihilus wouldn't be able to match Revan as a commander.

In a one on one duel, Nihilus would mop the floor with Revan, using "Force Force Drain" or whatever you want to call his power .

In a straight up lightsaber (or force) duel where Nihilus couldn't eat Revan for breakfast, he wouldn't stand a chance in a toe to toe duel.

But, since Nihilus isn't stupid enough to pass up the opportunity to have a big plate of Revan noodles, he wouldn't fall into category 3. So, Nihilus > Revan.


Fish.Stapler is offline   you may:
Old 02-17-2007, 11:02 AM   #247
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish.Stapler
Seems like everyone has stated what they need to say quite nicely, and I'm coming into this a little late but...

In a war situation, from what we've seen Nihilus wouldn't be able to match Revan as a commander.

In a one on one duel, Nihilus would mop the floor with Revan, using "Force Force Drain" or whatever you want to call his power .

In a straight up lightsaber (or force) duel where Nihilus couldn't eat Revan for breakfast, he wouldn't stand a chance in a toe to toe duel.

But, since Nihilus isn't stupid enough to pass up the opportunity to have a big plate of Revan noodles, he wouldn't fall into category 3. So, Nihilus > Revan.
Indeed. And the way TSL unfolds would seem to fall into category one, except with exile and Mandalore leading instead of Revan. As Mandalore says, "we've entered his ship and killed his crew." There is some disagreement as to how great a tactician and commander Revan was, but I accept him as very skilled in strategy and tactical decisions simply on the basis of what Mandalore thinks of him. As such, Nihilus wouldn't hold a candle to him.

However, Nihilus doesn't care about losing ships and people, so mostly category two seems to apply... in which case it's time for Revan to bite the dust


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2007, 06:07 AM   #248
Christos K
Forumite
 
Christos K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 745
Revan would win no doubt. It took not just one Jedi but an entire Jedi Council to erase his mind and still he remembered. Not only that but he was comunicating to Bastila through dreams. Revan might also be a wound in the force a much more powerful one than the exile. Since he left the force much more than the exile did. Just think the exile left the force knowing it exsisted. Revan left the force and than the council put the history of the galaxy in him making him know abbout the force. I think the most powerful jedi is Revan then maybe either the Exile, Kreia or Vandar. Revan was wise enough to turn a dark side sprirt back to the light side. Remember what Canderous said if Revan had been a Madalorian, the Madalorians would have been invincible. Revan left every one he knew to face off with something beyond the Sith or the Jedi could handle. I think that before Revan left he/she asked Kreia to train someone to follow him/her into the unkown, the Exile. Overall Revan would have won. It take Nihilus all of his strength to wipe out anything. It would take Nihilus a while to be able to kill Revan probably through meditation. But Revan also knew powers in which there was no defence. Dont forget that Revan found the Trayus academy and was the first one to learn its secrets. Then Kreia and last Nihilus and Sion. Revan and Nihilus are my favorite sith lords but Revan is better and if there was no Revan there would be no Nihilus.


"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2007, 06:34 AM   #249
Lord Spitfire
Junior Member
 
Lord Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Tablecloth
Posts: 279
I voted Revan. Exile beat him. yes, I know he was a wound in the Force, thus could not be sucked up, but Revan was the heart of the force.

Yes, I know that means Revan will be sucked dry, but he is a vacume of Power. If the force had a god, it would be Revan. He would manipulate the force to turn it upon Nihilus himself, swallowing himself in his own power.

Look at me, I'm being a stubborn Revan fanboy!


Let there be rock!

"I hope they realize that music is music, and that music is not a scene, not a style. Music is a beautiful ****ing thing to listen to. It is not a thing to ****ing preach to others about, it's not a ****ing cause. It is what it is—and that's a beautiful artform." - Synyster Gates

Check out my Fanfic:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: Embers of Destruction
Lord Spitfire is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2007, 10:26 AM   #250
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
If Revan showed up with a few Ysalamari, he'd win hands down. Heck Sion would die as soon as he was in the presence of one of those creatures, Nihilus had to constantly feed to stay alive, if he were cut off from accessing the force I think it would be over.

Though Revan would probably just send in HK-47 and have HK-47 to kill Nihilus.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #251
JediMasterJambi
Rookie
 
JediMasterJambi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: I'm In The Box Right Next To You, The One With The Floating Disembodied Head In It
Posts: 99
Question The Nihilus 2000 Drain-o-matic

If Nihilus could have drained Revan, then I don't see why he didn't just drain Kreia of her power when Scion and Nih took her down.

Kreia was the master of all 3. Revan, Scion, and Nihilus. But unlike Scion, and Nihilus, didn't Kreia admit that Revan was more powerful than herself?

If Nihilus couldn't drain Kreia, then he can't drain Revan either.


Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho
Your wish is granted...
Long live Jambi...
JediMasterJambi is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #252
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Actually I think Nihilus did drain Kreia, however Revan had long surpassed Kreia. So it's anyones guess as to whether or not he would be able to resist Nihilus' attempts to feed.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #253
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
If Nihilus could have drained Revan, then I don't see why he didn't just drain Kreia
Key word. Whether Nihilus actually bothered to drain Kreia or not is entirely unrelated to whether he was capable of doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
Actually I think Nihilus did drain Kreia, however Revan had long surpassed Kreia.
From what we see in the game I don't think he wanted to - Kreia says he subjugated her to many "indignities" instead. Nothing at all is mentioned about any attempts to drain her, which as a "normal" Force-sensitive she would not have survived.

I dunno about the surpassed part... He's probably better than her but not by a whole lot. Revan isn't some all-powerful Force God.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2007, 08:03 PM   #254
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Never said Revan was, but remember he managed to beat Malak without his full memories, regaining abilities and gaining additional ones in a ridiculously short period of time.

Kreia said flat out that Revan was power, like the heart of the force, it was obvious he was more powerful than she was.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2007, 10:07 PM   #255
The Architect
Junior Member
 
The Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
Revan would win no doubt. It took not just one Jedi but an entire Jedi Council to erase his mind and still he remembered.
Umm… they didn’t erase Revan’s mind. They reprogrammed it. After Revan found out who he/she really was, it was only a matter of time before his/her memories returned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
Not only that but he was comunicating to Bastila through dreams.
So what? They shared a powerful force bond (caused by… well you played the game, so I don’t have to explain it). I didn’t know that Revan could “communicate” with Bastila via “dreams”. All I learned was that Bastila saw the same “visions” Revan saw in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
Revan might also be a wound in the force a much more powerful one than the exile. Since he left the force much more than the exile did. Just think the exile left the force knowing it exsisted. Revan left the force and than the council put the history of the galaxy in him making him know abbout the force.
On that basis, Luke might also be a wound in the force. So might Anakin, so might Yoda, so might Obi-Wan… see where this is going? But no, Revan wasn’t a wound in the force. No one ever cut Revan off from the force. Revan never cut himself/herself off from the force, so what have you based this on? Fanboyism perhaps?

Revan didn’t lose his/her connection to the force per se. His/her mind being programmed (causing him/her to forget what he/she remembered) and severe injuries to his/her head “weakened” his/her force connection (to level 1 status in game-play terms). Revan never left the force. Where did you get that from?

When Revan was on the verge of becoming a padawan again on Dantooine in such a short amount of time, he/she began to unknowingly at the time remember his/her training. The more Revan’s adventure continued, the more he/she unknowingly remembered his/her training, hence the reason why he/she goes from a weakling to a very powerful force user in a matter of what… weeks, or months (however long the events of KotOR from beginning to end spanned out)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
It would take Nihilus a while to be able to kill Revan probably through meditation.
Hahaha! Darth Nihilus wiped out an entire planet of Jedi from orbit, meaning he can detect force users, especially powerful ones, from thousands of miles away and drain their force connection. So Revan couldn’t get anywhere near Nihilus to begin with, so in other words, he/she has ZERO chance of winning.

I doubt that one ex-Sith Lord is going to be too much trouble to drain for Nihilus, unless you foolishly believe that Revan is more powerful than hundreds of Jedi put together, which is just nonsensical beyond reason. Besides, more powerful than average force users like Revan = bigger plate of food for Nihilus, since there’s even more force for Nihilus to drain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Spitfire
I voted Revan. Exile beat him. yes, I know he was a wound in the Force, thus could not be sucked up, but Revan was the heart of the force.

Yes, I know that means Revan will be sucked dry, but he is a vacume of Power. If the force had a god, it would be Revan. He would manipulate the force to turn it upon Nihilus himself, swallowing himself in his own power.
No, Revan wasn’t the heart of the force. Revan is not Anakin. Kreia was using a simile to describe Revan’s power. She said staring into Revan WAS LIKE staring into the heart of the force.

There is one HUGE point some people are missing. Some people use the “Revan is so much more powerful than Nihilus, therefore he/she would win” argument to support Revan, but all it does is SUPPORT Nihilus, since as I’ve said, more powerful force user = lovely meal for Nihilus.

And Revan certainly WAS NOT more powerful than Nihilus. Revan is powerful yes, but there’s no way he/she could drain the life of an entire planet, like Nihilus could (only because of his inhumane, zombie-like void in the force status mind you).


"Here is my final point. About drugs, about alcohol, about pornography and smoking and everything else. What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I ****, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?"

~ Bill Hicks
The Architect is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2007, 10:11 PM   #256
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer
 
Titanius Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
Revan would win no doubt. It took not just one Jedi but an entire Jedi Council to erase his mind and still he remembered. Not only that but he was comunicating to Bastila through dreams. Revan might also be a wound in the force a much more powerful one than the exile. Since he left the force much more than the exile did. Just think the exile left the force knowing it exsisted. Revan left the force and than the council put the history of the galaxy in him making him know abbout the force.
And what does any of that have to do with whether Revan could win? So what if he could share dreams with some else or remember who he was even though the council reprogrammed his mind.

Where is the evidence that Revan was a wound in the Force, or are you just saying that because you like Revan and you want him to be able to kill Nihilus?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
It would take Nihilus a while to be able to kill Revan probably through meditation. But Revan also knew powers in which there was no defence.
Once again, where is the evidence for this? How do you know it would take a while for Nihilus do drain Revan? And pardon me, but nowhere does it say that Revan has powers to which there is no defense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Spitfire
I know he was a wound in the Force, thus could not be sucked up, but Revan was the heart of the force.
That "Heart of the Force" thing was only Kreia's opinion, and even if it were fact, it would make Revan all the more tasty to Nihilus. The Force is the very thing he eats for dinner every day, so if Revan was some "heart" of it, he would be like some big plate of steaming fried rice and chicken.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Spitfire
Look at me, I'm being a stubborn Revan fanboy!
Aren't they all nowadays?


Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
If Revan showed up with a few Ysalamari, he'd win hands down.
1.) Ysalimiri come from Myrkr, and since the planet wasn't even settled until 300 BBY, no one could really find any Ysalimir, now could they?

2.) If he was somehow able to find some Ysalimiri, it wouldn't be Revan winning, it would be the Ysalimiri.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Revan isn't some all-powerful Force God.
QFE


Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2007, 10:32 PM   #257
JediMasterJambi
Rookie
 
JediMasterJambi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: I'm In The Box Right Next To You, The One With The Floating Disembodied Head In It
Posts: 99
I Am Iron Man

I'm still not convinced. If Darth Nihilus is this huge ultimate evil, I don't see how KOTOR 1 even took place.
Why didn't Nihilus just kill Revan, Kreia, HELL, EVERYONE then?

Somthings not right, Nihilus has a weak point that dosn't allow him to drain certain people. I think he didn't drain Kreia because he couldn't, and if Revan surpassed Kreia, then he can't be drained either.

KOTOR 1 took place because Revan was stronger than Darth Nihilus, and Nihilus was kept in check until Revan dissapeared. Then he made his move.


Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho
Your wish is granted...
Long live Jambi...
JediMasterJambi is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2007, 10:57 PM   #258
The Architect
Junior Member
 
The Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
I'm still not convinced. If Darth Nihilus is this huge ultimate evil, I don't see how KOTOR 1 even took place.
Why didn't Nihilus just kill Revan, Kreia, HELL, EVERYONE then?

Somthings not right, Nihilus has a weak point that dosn't allow him to drain certain people. I think he didn't drain Kreia because he couldn't, and if Revan surpassed Kreia, then he can't be drained either.

KOTOR 1 took place because Revan was stronger than Darth Nihilus, and Nihilus was kept in check until Revan dissapeared. Then he made his move.
This probably won’t answer your question but your question is the main reason why I believe Jediphile’s theory that Darth Nihilus is a dark manifestation of the Exile. If I could be bothered enough to explain (and hopefully answer your question, I would) but I can’t.

Sorry. I’ll let Jediphile answer it… if he checks this thread again and chooses to that is of course. Well basically, the more time Nihilus remained “disconnected” with the Exile, the more powerful he becomes, and the more powerful his hunger addiction becomes (how much he relies on it; needs it).

And at the beginning of TSL, going by this theory, Nihilus has been disconnected with the Exile for ten years, so… He was most likely the equivalent of one of those measly TSL Sith assassins during the events of KotOR. In other words, his draining abilities were quite petit back in the day.

Or it could just be that it took a while for Darth Nihilus’ draining abilities to advance. Either way, if he could do what he did to Katarr during the events of KotOR, he’d have a fill day. Or it’s a plot hole… there is no explanation. BioWare didn’t create Nihilus. You see where this is going. I do believe Jediphile’s theory however.


"Here is my final point. About drugs, about alcohol, about pornography and smoking and everything else. What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I ****, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?"

~ Bill Hicks
The Architect is offline   you may:
Old 04-25-2007, 11:11 PM   #259
JediMasterJambi
Rookie
 
JediMasterJambi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: I'm In The Box Right Next To You, The One With The Floating Disembodied Head In It
Posts: 99
Wink Damn you ARCHITECT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
This probably won’t answer your question but your question is the main reason why I believe Jediphile’s theory that Darth Nihilus is a dark manifestation of the Exile. If I could be bothered enough to explain (and hopefully answer your question, I would) but I can’t.

Sorry. I’ll let Jediphile answer it… if he checks this thread again and chooses to that is of course. Well basically, the more time Nihilus remained “disconnected” with the Exile, the more powerful he becomes, and the more powerful his hunger addiction becomes (how much he relies on it; needs it).

And at the beginning of TSL, going by this theory, Nihilus has been disconnected with the Exile for ten years, so… He was most likely the equivalent of one of those measly TSL Sith assassins during the events of KotOR. In other words, his draining abilities were quite petit back in the day.

Or it could just be that it took a while for Darth Nihilus’ draining abilities to advance. Either way, if he could do what he did to Katarr during the events of KotOR, he’d have a fill day. Or it’s a plot hole… there is no explanation. BioWare didn’t create Nihilus. You see where this is going. I do believe Jediphile’s theory however.
Then I await the Return of The Jedi...phile > . < GOD THAT WAS SO CORNY I CAN ACTUALLY TASTE THE CORN RIGHT NOW!~!! > . <


Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho
Your wish is granted...
Long live Jambi...

Last edited by JediMasterJambi; 04-26-2007 at 12:40 AM.
JediMasterJambi is offline   you may:
Old 04-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #260
The Architect
Junior Member
 
The Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMasterJambi
Then I await the Return of The Jedi...phile > . < GOD THAT WAS SO CORNY I CAN ACTUALLY TASTE THE CORN RIGHT NOW!~!! > . <


No it was funny. You saying that it’s corny an all helped the joke as well.

Uh, damn you Batman? I don’t understand that though. {Confused}

I am not Batman! I’m a… well, my username is a big clue *wink wink*.

I’m not really an architect by the way. I mean, have you ever heard of a 17 year old architect? Well, maybe you have (probably in your dreams/or when on drugs or something if you have), but I certainly haven’t… heard of 17 year old architects that is.

In an attempt to make this post not entirely spamalicious and stay on topic: Nihilus would eat Revan for breakfast… literally by the way.


"Here is my final point. About drugs, about alcohol, about pornography and smoking and everything else. What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I ****, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?"

~ Bill Hicks
The Architect is offline   you may:
Old 04-26-2007, 06:12 AM   #261
Marauder's Fury
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 88
Revan, hands down.

1. Most probably, Revan was far more knowledgeable in the mechanics of the Force than any Jedi Master; he walked on the surface of Malachor V and studied at the Trayus Academy, thus having access to God knows how terrible secrets of the Force, while the members of the Council were busy sitting on their butts (or just standing there like idiots) and assessing? the Mandalorian threat. He'd no doubt find a way to counter Nihilus' power, where any other Force sensitive individuals (including Masters such as Vandar) had failed.

2. From what I gather, Revan was tremendously efficient in Force bonding, maybe as good as the Exile in this regard. What's better, he *knew* what he was doing and was in control of his bonding power. He had studied it extensively, and he'd be able to use his power more effectively than the Exile, who even had no clue about what kind of powers she possessed. Revan would just bond Nihilus to himself, turning his drain power into a continuous cycle of Force transfer, only to be ended by a masterful strike of Revan's lightsaber.
Marauder's Fury is offline   you may:
Old 04-26-2007, 11:27 AM   #262
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Rather than go through a lengthy explanation of my Nihilus-theory, which is not completely relevant to this topic, I was going to simply link to it on Obsidian's board, but it seems the original topic has now been deleted - curses!

Instead, I have begun a separate thread for this discussion. Feel free to comment there.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...90#post2305090

Oh, and Revan wouldn't have a prayer. Nihilus would - quite literally - eat him for dinner


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may:
Old 04-26-2007, 11:35 AM   #263
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
I think Revan would come up with a way to kill Nihilus. Seriously, Revan has done what was thought to be impossible before.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may:
Old 04-26-2007, 12:07 PM   #264
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
I think Revan would come up with a way to kill Nihilus. Seriously, Revan has done what was thought to be impossible before.
I have no quarrel or doubt about Revan's strategic abilities. If that comes into play, then I'd put my money on Revan. However, I think in this case we're talking about a straight one-on-one fight, and I don't see how Revan could possibly win that. Nihilus could drain him dry long before Revan ever got close enough to do anything to him.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may:
Old 04-26-2007, 12:11 PM   #265
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
He mopped the floor with Malak and he shouldn't have been to do that without his memories.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may:
Old 04-26-2007, 12:22 PM   #266
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,236
Quote:
He mopped the floor with Malak and he shouldn't have been to do that without his memories.
Well, without his power or his Force potential. Revan does not need to remember anything about True Sith to become a killing machine. He just need the Force potential, which is inherited from blood.

And, of course, Malak can't steal other people's force energy. Nihilus can.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may:
Old 04-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #267
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScope001
Well, without his power or his Force potential. Revan does not need to remember anything about True Sith to become a killing machine. He just need the Force potential, which is inherited from blood.

And, of course, Malak can't steal other people's force energy. Nihilus can.

Correction, Malak used the Star Forge to do just that.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may:
Old 04-26-2007, 02:10 PM   #268
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
Correction, Malak used the Star Forge to do just that.
Which means that while the Starforge can do something similar - I don't agree it's the same - Malak himself cannot.


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may:
Old 04-26-2007, 08:30 PM   #269
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace
 
DeadYorick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,275
Current Game: Pheonix Wright
I am glad that debates still exist in starwars.

But in reality if this was in KOTOR 2 hidden footage i'm guessing that Revan and Nihilus would have a stalemate since Revan has hidden potential and we still do not know what else he did in his power.

But there is also Nihilus's draining ability. Well Nihilus is the most mysterious character in KOTOR 2. The only way you can understand it is if you read between the lines a little and uncover the truth. But there is also another option. Nihilus could have a hidden weakness we do not know of.

Regardless it matters on if its in a KOTOR game. If it was that would mean Revan would win since all the fans would start crying to Lucas. But since Nihilus is an antagonist he would probably lose.

There are many different outcomes. It really depends on what you look towards.
DeadYorick is offline   you may:
Old 04-26-2007, 09:43 PM   #270
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,236
Quote:
Nihilus could have a hidden weakness we do not know of.
He did. The Exile.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may:
Old 04-27-2007, 12:19 AM   #271
The Architect
Junior Member
 
The Architect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder's Fury
Revan, hands down.

1. Most probably, Revan was far more knowledgeable in the mechanics of the Force than any Jedi Master; he walked on the surface of Malachor V and studied at the Trayus Academy, thus having access to God knows how terrible secrets of the Force, while the members of the Council were busy sitting on their butts (or just standing there like idiots) and assessing? the Mandalorian threat. He'd no doubt find a way to counter Nihilus' power, where any other Force sensitive individuals (including Masters such as Vandar) had failed.
That is nothing but speculation, that Revan would no doubt find a way to counter Nihilus’ draining power. We should only base our arguments on what has been established in the games (and other canon sources outside of the games, but related to the games).

Because otherwise you can just make up anything you want. Does an anti-Nihilus power exist? Well yes… the Exile is that power, technically speaking. But does an anti-Nihilus power apart from the Exile exist? Perhaps. Maybe there is; maybe there isn’t. We don’t know do we?

I would have to say no however, since in cut content, Darth Sion couldn’t defend himself at all against Darth Nihilus, and Darth Traya knew of no technique that would negate Nihilus’ force draining power.

If she did, there’s no question she’d tell the Exile what it is, since she desperately wants Nihilus to be stopped in TSL. And you see, Sion and Traya without doubt had accessed to and studied at the Trayus Academy, and since they didn’t discover any anti-Nihilus power, I doubt Revan did either.

Anyhow, if you want to play the supposition game to support Revan, I can assume that an anti-anti Nihilus power exists, can’t I? In my humble opinion, there is no such thing as an anti-Nihilus force power that regular force users like Revan could use in his/her defence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder's Fury
2. From what I gather, Revan was tremendously efficient in Force bonding, maybe as good as the Exile in this regard. What's better, he *knew* what he was doing and was in control of his bonding power. He had studied it extensively, and he'd be able to use his power more effectively than the Exile, who even had no clue about what kind of powers she possessed. Revan would just bond Nihilus to himself, turning his drain power into a continuous cycle of Force transfer, only to be ended by a masterful strike of Revan's lightsaber.
Seriously, that is nothing but speculation. That sounds just like fan-boy nonsense crap to me. Sorry, but it does.

Revan would just bond Nihilus to himself/herself?

First off, do you agree that Revan would have to get close to Nihilus in the first place to do this? If so, well, your argument has already been defeated.

Because Nihilus drained the entire life of a planet from orbit, meaning that he can detect force users from thousands of miles away and use his power from that distance. So how the hell could Revan get anywhere near Nihilus, without him detecting his/her powerful force sensitivity, and then eating him/her for breakfast?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Nihilus would kill Revan for sure. No question. I wish the Revan fan-boys would stop letting their huge bias get in the way of their arguments. It truthfully is as irritating as Malak’s laugh.


"Here is my final point. About drugs, about alcohol, about pornography and smoking and everything else. What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I ****, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?"

~ Bill Hicks
The Architect is offline   you may:
Old 04-27-2007, 05:40 AM   #272
Marauder's Fury
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 88
Architect, I'm no Revan fanboy. I play KotOR and TSL for fun, but I would never get ahead of myself in such a manner.

Believe what you will, but I'm not still convinced. Seeing how Revan is portrayed in both games, he doesn't strike me as inferior to a joke such as Nihilus. If he had any slightest weakness against even such a tremendous power, I suppose Kreia of all people would call him a fool and an imbecile for going to fight the True Sith single-handedly. He sounds more like a person so knowledgeable and efficient in wielding the Force, that he wouldn't have much trouble finding a way around Nihilus' power.

Anyway, speculation is what we all do here. It is what you do, what I do, what everyone else do. This is fiction, for crying out loud. The more seriously you take it, the more amusing it gets (Nihilus' drain, anyone?).
Marauder's Fury is offline   you may:
Old 04-27-2007, 07:14 AM   #273
Christos K
Forumite
 
Christos K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 745
Architect, You have to remember what I said and that Marauder's Fury said. Revan found the Trayus Academy and I know I read somewhere probably on wookiepedia that Revan had learded all of the Trayus Academy secrets meaning Nihilus' power, Sion's power, and Traya's power. Now here is some things that I think: Kreia would not let Nihilus learn something beyond her control, I do not think Revan to trust anyone with the academmy except Kreia, Nihilus would have learned that he could be stopped by the exile or any other wound in the force. Here is a fact Palpatine was able to trick the entire Jedi Council, including two powerful jedi masters yoda and windu, that he was not strong in the force. Now that would be hard. Revan would have been able to hide his power from Nihilus unless Revan was so strong that he could not conseal all his force sensitivity. I am no Revan fan boy I just think Revan is a cool and very popular star wars character. And god, your making it sound like every one who votes or supports Revan hates Nihilus.


"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may:
Old 04-27-2007, 10:27 AM   #274
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
Architect, You have to remember what I said and that Marauder's Fury said. Revan found the Trayus Academy and I know I read somewhere probably on wookiepedia that Revan had learded all of the Trayus Academy secrets meaning Nihilus' power, Sion's power, and Traya's power.
A slight problem with that theory, though...

Kreia (about Nihilus): "It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves... it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes.It cannot be taught... it can only be gained through instinct, through experiencing its effects, first-hand."

So no, Revan could have learned it because that is not possible. Besides, Kreia has been in the Trayus Academy longer than Revan, and while we can argue her strength in the force next to Revan's, she is far more of a scholar than Revan will ever be. So I think it's fair to assume that if the power could be learned, or defended against, then Kreia would have learned both. And yet she says, even as we see the cutscene where Nihilus unpowers her:

Kreia: "There are techniques within the Force against which there is no defense."


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may:
Old 04-27-2007, 10:36 AM   #275
Vaelastraz
Veteran
 
Vaelastraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: City 17. It's safer.
Posts: 851
I think Revan would have no problem in getting Nihilus eliminated, after all Nihilus doesn't seem to be used to thinking. Or planning.

However, it is obvious that Revan could not eliminate him in single combat, without some help unknown to us. A Ysalamiri for example.

@: Jediphile
Wasn't that power which Kreia used to instantly kill 3 powerful Jedi Masters Force drain too? It definitly seems like it. And it looks like it worked so fast, that there would be no defend against it. Is that the same ability Nihilus has, or is it just another uncounterable instantly-lethal force drain?
Vaelastraz is offline   you may:
Old 04-27-2007, 03:36 PM   #276
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace
 
DeadYorick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,275
Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
I think Revan would have no problem in getting Nihilus eliminated, after all Nihilus doesn't seem to be used to thinking. Or planning.

However, it is obvious that Revan could not eliminate him in single combat, without some help unknown to us. A Ysalamiri for example.

@: Jediphile
Wasn't that power which Kreia used to instantly kill 3 powerful Jedi Masters Force drain too? It definitly seems like it. And it looks like it worked so fast, that there would be no defend against it. Is that the same ability Nihilus has, or is it just another uncounterable instantly-lethal force drain?
Oh yeah I forgot about the ways to stop the force.

In refrance to above Revan was the dark lord of the sith. Which means he must have done a lot of exploring of the galaxy. There could be no doubt that he would know of a Ysalamiri and use it against Nihilus. We all know what a Ysalamiri does against the force.

But anyway it all really depends on what Lucasarts does in the battle. There could be hundreds of outcomes.
DeadYorick is offline   you may:
Old 04-27-2007, 04:39 PM   #277
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer
 
Titanius Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,459
All these "what ifs" are irrelevant. Whether Revan could bring an army of droids or a few Ysalimiri with him doesn't matter. We're talking about a 1 vs. 1 fight between Nihilus and Revan with nothing but the Force and their lightsabers as weapons and/or defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder's Fury
Anyway, speculation is what we all do here. It is what you do, what I do, what everyone else do. This is fiction, for crying out loud. The more seriously you take it, the more amusing it gets (Nihilus' drain, anyone?).
Of course we all speculate, but we also have to base our speculations on facts. The fact remains that there is no "anti-Nihilus" power that we know of. Could there be one? Of course, but until an official source says so, it doesn't currently exist. Simply because Revan is a powerful Jedi certainly does not mean he could somehow find a way around Nihilus' power. Could Yoda do this? Or Mace Windu? Obi-Wan? Luke? Vader? (I realize they don't live in the same time period, but suppose they were) Revan is not mcuh more powerful (if at all) than any of them, so if I followed your logic, they must be able to defeat Nihilus.


Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may:
Old 04-27-2007, 07:14 PM   #278
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I'm extremely doubtful Ysalimiri would work on Nihilus, to be honest. After all, he is a whole in the Force, an unnatural wound that is to it what dark is to light. Ysalimiri cancel out the effects of people who could be considered "positive" spots in the Force, but I'm doubtful they could do that for "negatives."

Nihilus is much more similar to them than to regular Jedi - both of them act as a sort of anti-Force, the only difference being that the Ysalimiri cancel out the Force whereas Nihilus eats it. He's too similar to them to be affected.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 04-27-2007, 07:43 PM   #279
Melly
Junior Member
 
Melly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Fixing things with Bao-Dur...
Posts: 274
Not to mention that with a Ysalimiri there goes most of Revan's power.

And there is an Anti-Nihilus power; it's called the Exile.


"They may not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me you are. It's not the sort of thing you just stop being. You're stuck with it. Just like you're stuck being the General."
~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Melly is offline   you may:
Old 04-27-2007, 08:53 PM   #280
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,236
Aren't Ysalimiri living creatures? Don't Ysalimiri basically have Force energy?

Couldn't Nihilus just drain Ysalimiri, eating them?


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Revan VS. Nihilus... who would win

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.