lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight?
Revan 149 74.13%
Nihilus 52 25.87%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Revan VS. Nihilus... who would win
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-01-2007, 10:10 PM   #321
DeadYorick
The Keeper of Peace

Current Game: Pheonix Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirHaxALot
Revan could blow a whole in the window behind Nihilus and suck both of them into space XD
Well the only reason he would do that is if he was really crazy and went off the wagon to much at the cantina. Or he had the Ebon hawk there to catch him or something.

But that is an idea that I never thought of. Why didnt they have the Ebon Hawk blow the bridge up. That would have made it less dramatic but easier to beat the game.
DeadYorick is offline   you may:
Old 05-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #322
SirHaxALot
Rookie

I wasn't really being serious, just using it as an example...

Indirect force can be just as effective as direct force.
SirHaxALot is offline   you may:
Old 05-02-2007, 11:43 AM   #323
GarfieldJL
Banned

Actually that is a good idea, just have Revan be in a space suit and it wouldn't matter if Revan is sucked into space he can just be picked up.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may:
Old 05-02-2007, 02:47 PM   #324
Christos K
Forumite

I do think that Nihilus' power takes not just a time but a long time to warm up. I mean if he could use it when ever he wanted why would he have waited so long to destroy Telos. And then he wasted the power on the exile. I would say it takes more than 24 hours for him to be able to use it again. I mean the galaxy would be dead if he could use it constanly. I mean this would be him: "okay slaves where done on this planet lets just jump to light speed like its nothing okay done with planet next..." I mean come on it has to be a while before he can use it again or else he would have killed everyone and everything in the galaxy within one week. He would be no doubt the most powerful being ever. So if Revan and Nihilus were in a duel just all of a sudden. Nihilus shoots his power ,even though we do not know how it works I am just saying because of the Nihilus vs Sion video, an dit misses Revan jumps strikes Nihilus duel goes on Nihilus dead. As for the other posts well that is a good idea and Nihilus loves to stand bye that window.. lol

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may:
Old 05-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #325
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

As has been said before, if Revan uses anything (e.g. a spacesuit or some random Ysalimiri) that is not his own power, it wouldn't really be a real win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
I would say it takes more than 24 hours for him to be able to use it again.
Pure speculation. There is nothing that says how long it takes for Nihilus' power to "warm up." Actually, the closest bit of info we have on that is the scene between him and Sion, and it seems that he's able to use his power rather quickly and in close quarters.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may:
Old 05-02-2007, 07:16 PM   #326
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
I do think that Nihilus' power takes not just a time but a long time to warm up.
Untrue. From what we see in Unseen, Unheard, (a comic by Chris Avellone that details the destruction of Katarr) Nihilus was able to use his power instantly. About as quickly as it takes to Force-push something, it looked like.

You also see him use it in-game during the confrontation on the Ravager. Saying that Kreia lied to him or 'feed on me!' will make him attempt to do so. It took him just as much time as Drain Life.

Quote:
I mean if he could use it when ever he wanted why would he have waited so long to destroy Telos. l
The Ravager was quite far off from Telo's surface. I think Nihilus has to be at least in the immediate vicinity of the planet he wants to feed on to drain it.

As for why he didn't move closer, the space between Telos and him was filled with enemy fighters and warships. If he sent the Ravager through that, to be flanked and completely surrounded by enemies, it would've been blown to bits. He had to wait for his own forces to clear up the Republic's before he could've safely gone to Telos himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 05-02-2007, 10:47 PM   #327
SirHaxALot
Rookie

So, everyone that thinks Nihilus would win, do you believe any Jedi could defeat Nihilus, besides the Exile?

Refer to previous post.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:42 AM   #328
Melly

Quote:
So, everyone that thinks Nihilus would win, do you believe any Jedi could defeat Nihilus, besides the Exile?
No, I don't think any other Jedi or Sith could defeat Nihilus save the Exile. This is why Visas stays with the Exile, and part of the reason why Kreia sought the Exile out as well. The Exile separated herself from the Force, Nihilus' power is separating connections to the Force and feeding on the death that is a result thereof. But if the Exile has no connection to the Force how can he kill her? He even tried in that scene on the Ravager and it only weakened him. If he had tried that on any other Jedi it would have killed them, like it killed those at Katarr.

"They may not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me you are. It's not the sort of thing you just stop being. You're stuck with it. Just like you're stuck being the General."
~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Melly is offline   you may:
Old 05-03-2007, 08:37 AM   #329
SirHaxALot
Rookie

If that is every Nihilus supporter's opinion. Why bother debating this?

But honestly, I think Luke Skywalker would defeat Nihilus

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 05-04-2007 at 05:32 PM. Reason: language
Old 05-03-2007, 10:07 AM   #330
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
No.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may:
Old 05-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #331
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
But honestly, I think Luke Skywalker would defeat Nihilus
Luke Skywalker is an extremely powerful Jedi, perhaps even the most powerful one yet. However, it does him no good - the stronger he is, the more vulnerable he is to Nihilus. He feeds upon Force-sensitives, and the stronger they are, the more he wants them. Luke would be something akin to a seven-course banquet for him.

Nihilus is not a Force-user in the normal sense. He relies extensively upon his draining power to be as powerful as he is - without it, he's not anything special. In terms of lightsaber combat and mastery of "regular" Force powers, both Luke and Revan would likely defeat him.

I don't see how anyone can argue against the power of his draining abilities, though. From what we see in the game he can use it instantly, and having a planet-wide radius it makes the numbers of his opponents irrelevant. I don't see how Luke or anyone else could stand up to that - if he can kill whole conclaves of Jedi Masters I don't think anyone else stands much of a chance.

Quote:

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 05-04-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #332
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
IMHO no Jedi could defeat Nihilus... but a Sith with the correct set of Force powers... could.

The only being who could challenge Nihilus would have to know one of the various Force life draining techniques, and the defences one naturally gets when they possess said powers. Only then would that being be able to defeat Nihilus, who because of his mastery of the drain life power and his reliance upon it is somewhat is lacking with a lightsaber.

The Exile's 'wound' gave her the ability to naturally bypass Nihilus' power.

My 2 cents.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may:
Old 05-04-2007, 03:58 AM   #333
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Does anybody really need to see a visual of what would happen if Darth Revan tried to take on Darth Nihilus?

There is no debate that anything else would happen. This picture is it. The death of Revan. End of story!

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may:
Old 05-04-2007, 05:12 AM   #334
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
IMHO no Jedi could defeat Nihilus... but a Sith with the correct set of Force powers... could.

The only being who could challenge Nihilus would have to know one of the various Force life draining techniques, and the defences one naturally gets when they possess said powers.
I'm less certain about that, because the perfect example of the type of sith you seem to describe here is Traya, and she was utterly defenseless against Nihilus. We even know that she had draining techniques, since that is how she killed the jedi masters. But against Nihilus she never had a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
Only then would that being be able to defeat Nihilus, who because of his mastery of the drain life power and his reliance upon it is somewhat is lacking with a lightsaber.

The Exile's 'wound' gave her the ability to naturally bypass Nihilus' power.

My 2 cents.
Agreed.

EDIT: Thanks, Shem. That settles it. Case closed.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:31 AM   #335
SirHaxALot
Rookie

Ok, so this debate isn't Revan versus Nihilus. It is, any Jedi in existence versus Nihilus.

The most powerful jedi ever, Luke, cannot defeat him.

Indirect force attacks have no sway over Nihilus. Ripping apart planets, ships, blackholes...no matter, Nihilus can withstand it all.

Blah blah, so basically any Sith that acquires this technique is invincible?

You know this is a Sith technique right?

I doubt Nihilus is the only one to learn it. I'm sure an Exile doesn't pop up every time a Sith with this technique comes into play. And I'm sure a Sith doesn't go unchallenged for his lifetime until he consumes himself....

But, I'm done arguing really. I'd like to see you try and argue Nihilus > Luke in front of good ole' George XD
Old 05-04-2007, 09:27 AM   #336
GarfieldJL
Banned

Just cause there isn't a known defense against this technique doesn't mean one doesn't exist, it's highly probable that Revan may actually know of a way to block it.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may:
Old 05-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #337
Shem
Master of the Force

One thing I can compare this whole thing to off the top of my head is the X-Men movies. In X-Men III, nobody could defeat Gene Gray except Wolverine. Wolverine wasn't more powerful, but was the answer to the Gene Gray problem because he had the ability to withstand Gene Gray's attack that nobody else could. It's like how the Exile was the answer to Darth Nihilus.

I'm not doubting Revan is very powerful, but he/she did not have the ability to withstand Nihilus, only the Exile did. There's no shame to the Revan fan boys to admit that, even though people hate to admit a weakness in their heroes.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Old 05-04-2007, 12:58 PM   #338
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
Just cause there isn't a known defense against this technique doesn't mean one doesn't exist, it's highly probable that Revan may actually know of a way to block it.
He likely did.

Why else did he station Exile at Malachor V and got The Exile to cut off ties from the Force to become more powerful? Revan would never want to cut himself out from the Force, but he knows that if one does, he can defeat Nihilus, so Revan basically created The Exile. (I doubt this theory, but if it will sastify Revan lovers, here it is. I still will claim Revan "cheated" though.)

Ironically, however, Revan also created Darth Nihilus in the process, so this theory falls flat in the process. But it could work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may:
Old 05-04-2007, 05:35 PM   #339
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
I like calm debates. Please make your comments calm, everyone.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may:
Old 05-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #340
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Indirect force attacks have no sway over Nihilus. Ripping apart planets, ships, blackholes...no matter, Nihilus can withstand it all.
Those things would kill him. Nihilus is capable of slaying nearly any living thing, but he's still a mortal. If you stab him he bleeds. If you blast him he dies.

However, any living creature that tries to kill him has pretty much no chance of success of at all. With an unblockable draining power that has a planet-wide radius he can use instantly, I don't think anything would even have any time to attack to him.

Quote:
Old 05-04-2007, 08:03 PM   #341
Lord Spitfire

A minor point . . .

Did you know that in the beginning, Obsidian made Nihilus's mask made out of Revan's skull?

Does this mean anything . . .

Let there be rock!

"I hope they realize that music is music, and that music is not a scene, not a style. Music is a beautiful ****ing thing to listen to. It is not a thing to ****ing preach to others about, it's not a ****ing cause. It is what it is—and that's a beautiful artform." - Synyster Gates

Check out my Fanfic:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: Embers of Destruction
Lord Spitfire is offline   you may:
Old 05-04-2007, 08:08 PM   #342
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
No.

Quote:
I doubt Nihilus is the only one to learn it. I'm sure an Exile doesn't pop up every time a Sith with this technique comes into play. And I'm sure a Sith doesn't go unchallenged for his lifetime until he consumes himself....
There is no other Sith with this technique, so this doesn't really matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Spitfire
Did you know that in the beginning, Obsidian made Nihilus's mask made out of Revan's skull?
Yes, I did know that, but they took it out of the game. Therefore, it never happened.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:13 PM   #343
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
They took that out because they wanted to leave the story "open".

Meaning they wouldn't want people flaming them for having Revan's head chopped off.

On the other hand, it showed that according to Obisidan, in a one-on-one duel between Revan and Nihilus...Nihilus would be very full indeed.

Quote:
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
Old 05-04-2007, 09:19 PM   #344
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
I'm less certain about that, because the perfect example of the type of sith you seem to describe here is Traya, and she was utterly defenseless against Nihilus.
Perhaps... perhaps not. Kreia did everything she did for a reason, even her being defeated at that time likely served her purposes. I don't see her as ever being truely "defenseless".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
We even know that she had draining techniques, since that is how she killed the jedi masters. But against Nihilus she never had a chance.
If Kreia were actually vulnrable to Nihilus' powers, Nihilus would have just sucked Kreia dry and been done with it, he couldn't. Kreia was more powerful than I think many would give her credit for.

But then Kreia was a Sith and not a Jedi.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
Old 05-04-2007, 09:22 PM   #345
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
If Kreia were actually vulnrable to Nihilus' powers, Nihilus would have just sucked Kreia dry and been done with it, he couldn't.
Nihilus did. In that cutscene where Kreia is betrayed, after Nihilus force-push her, Kreia attempted to use a Force Power to grab her Lightsaber, but she was feeble and unable to do so. That's why Atris mentions that Kreia was cut off from the Force, like you were. Kreia also confirmed that she was cut off from the Force, unwillingly, thanks to Nihilus' actions.

I'd only speculate that Nihilus grows more powerful with time, and Kreia was betrayed quite early in Nihilus' time as a Force User, before Nihilus learnt how to gobble up planets.

Quote:
Full Article Here
Old 05-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #346
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScope001
Nihilus did.
Kindly point me to concrete proof of this.

Quote:
In that cutscene where Kreia is betrayed, after Nihilus force-push her, Kreia attempted to use a Force Power to grab her Lightsaber, but she was feeble and unable to do so.
Kreia was a Sith. She had a plan, her losing at that point was most likely part of it.

Quote:
That's why Atris mentions that Kreia was cut off from the Force, like you were. Kreia also confirmed that she was cut off from the Force, unwillingly, thanks to Nihilus' actions.
Remember Kreia was a Sith and as such her truths are laced with lies, or her lies are laced with truth. She had not 'lost' anything she had a plan and was carrying it out. That is what Sith do.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:31 PM   #347
The Architect

Actually, not even Shem’s picture is accurate if you ask me, since Nihilus can use his power from a planet wide radius, thus Revan couldn’t get anywhere near him.

GarfieldJL, why is it highly probable that Revan would know a defensive technique, apart from the Exile? I beg to differ. Based on what Emperor Devon has said, I believe it’s highly unlikely Revan knows of any defensive technique apart from the Exile.

Anyhow, if you can theorise that an anti-Nihilus power exists, I can speculate that an anti-anti Nihilus power that Nihilus can use exists can’t I? We can go round and round with this. We should keep baseless conjecture out of such a debate.

@RedHawke, since I believe Jediphile’s theory about the relationship between the Exile and Darth Nihilus, assuming it’s true, back in the day Nihilus’ powers weren’t anywhere near the level they were when he devoured all life on Katarr.

If they were, let’s just say he would’ve had a pleasurable time in the Jedi Civil War, but he didn’t did he? I know he didn’t exist before TSL was even thought of, but what I think Obsidian did was try to “fit him in” to the story and make his existence in KotOR convincing, so one of the reasons why they created the whole “Darth Nihilus is a dark manifestation of the Exile” plot was to explain why he wasn’t eating planets in the JCW.

Nihilus stripped Kreia of her power, but did not kill her. As Kreia said, Sion and Nihilus chose to cast her down and make her live as a weak nobody. Obviously they thought it would be a far greater punishment than just killing her.

"Here is my final point. About drugs, about alcohol, about pornography and smoking and everything else. What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I ****, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?"

~ Bill Hicks
The Architect is offline   you may:
Old 05-04-2007, 10:51 PM   #348
GTK + JA = fun
Rookie

I think Darth Nihilus was WAY underrated in KOTOR 2, I mean he has the largest image on the front cover! You barely got to see or hear him! He was like what, defeated 3/4 through the game?? I thought he was the big boss so to speak and it turns out he is some shadowy 2nd rate bad guy almost. He was very powerful and yet the first time you meet him face to face he's a goner. When I fisrt play KOTOR 2 I liked it but I was teribly dissapointed that Nihilus was not seen as much . . . . . . with that said . . . . I voted Revan. I like Revan and I really hope Revan is in KOTOR 3 if they make that game.

I know I have poor knowledge/info to backup my vote but ever since I first played KOTOR I was blown away at the story of who Revan was and how it all fell into place, I found it cool that even though Revan was not in KOTOR 2 really you still heard stuff about Revan.
GTK + JA = fun is offline   you may:
Old 05-04-2007, 11:00 PM   #349
SirHaxALot
Rookie

Why do people keep pitting Revan and Nihilus at a planetary-scale duel?

I believe the intent of the topic was just to put Revan in the Exile's shoes during their duel on the Ravager's bridge.

I don't care if Nihilus' power would have prevented Revan from reaching the damn bridge, we're talking about a one on one, face to face, western style duel.

FFS.

Or at least I am. And that seems like the only real way to argue this...Or wait, who would win in a duel, a pilot or a ground-trooper? Well you see...the pilot possesses the ability to fly an airplane, so before the ground-trooper could even react he would fly over him and....

But what if the gunner is able to find an anti-aircraft turret? Well...that wouldn't work because before the gunner could even move the jetpilot would shoot the **** out him or blow him up with his missiles....

Could any gunner in existence kill the pilot? No, because before any guntrooper could reach the turret, he would be shot...

I know it's a poor example of Nihilus vs Revan, and that I changed from ground-trooper to gunner--but you get my point.

Groundtrooper vs Pilot in one-on-one in hand-to-hand combat.

[EDIT] Revan knew of many techniques that even the most experienced Sith Master would consider dangerous. This can be exemplified through the powers taught by his Holocron to Darth Bane. One such power was the Thought Bomb, which in essence killed all force users within a great radius.

To say that Revan has no knowledge of Nihilus' power is somewhat rocky. He may have knowledge of it, but also, he may not know of any technique in which to defeat it. But then again, he may.

Last edited by SirHaxALot; 05-04-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:29 PM   #350
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Architect
Actually, not even Shem’s picture is accurate if you ask me, since Nihilus can use his power from a planet wide radius, thus Revan couldn’t get anywhere near him.
Well, when is Nihilus and Revan going to be wondering on the Telos surface? The pic I made shows a visual if the two were to ever confront each other and I chose the beach because I like the scenery there.

When Nihilus goes planet wide with his power, usually it's because there's a lot of Force Sensitives covering the planet like Katarr. In the case of the Exile, Nihilus didn't even attempt to feed on the Exile until he/she got close enough to him.

And of course the reason why the Exile is the only answer against Nihilus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTK + JA = fun
When I fisrt play KOTOR 2 I liked it but I was teribly dissapointed that Nihilus was not seen as much . . . . . . with that said . . . . I voted Revan. I like Revan and I really hope Revan is in KOTOR 3 if they make that game.
What does voting for Revan in this poll have to do with him/her defeating Nihilus? It's like that poll I'm running this week (it's on its last day). People just vote Revan because of their fanboy love they have developled for that character without any type of thinking behind their vote.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:39 PM   #351
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
I believe the intent of the topic was just to put Revan in the Exile's shoes during their duel on the Ravager's bridge.
I'll refer you to Shem's images. Nihilus obviously can use his power at close range, and fairly quickly too - combined with it being unblockable and causing an instant death, there's really no way anyone could stand up against it.

Quote:
Old 05-04-2007, 11:57 PM   #352
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
Kreia was a Sith. She had a plan, her losing at that point was most likely part of it.
I'm not denying that Kreia could be so manlipuative that she would lose limbs and even her connections to The Force for her "Uber Plan".

I'm just saying that Nihilus did strip her of the Force. If Kreia wanted it as part of her plan, great. But she still lost her connections to the Force anyway, a good justification of why she starts at Level 3...

Quote:
Full Article Here
Old 05-05-2007, 06:34 AM   #353
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTK + JA = fun
I think Darth Nihilus was WAY underrated in KOTOR 2, I mean he has the largest image on the front cover! You barely got to see or hear him! He was like what, defeated 3/4 through the game?? I thought he was the big boss so to speak and it turns out he is some shadowy 2nd rate bad guy almost. He was very powerful and yet the first time you meet him face to face he's a goner. When I fisrt play KOTOR 2 I liked it but I was teribly dissapointed that Nihilus was not seen as much . . . . . . with that said . . . . I voted Revan.
Yes, the fight with Nihilus is a major letdown in the game. However, don't knock his unique powers just because the confrontation was poorly implemented in the game. I agree it's not done well, but it's gameplay and not plot. I mean, just look at the programmer's notes on Nihilus:

Quote:
{Gameplay Programmer: A scene where the players are approaching Nihilus from behind, he doesn't even turn around as they advance down the bridge.}{There is dead silence for a moment, followed by audio doing one of the echo beats from the theme, cutting through the silence.}{Gameplay Programmer: Nihilus turns, raises his hand, and the entire party is raised into the air, similar to Force Crush. He speaks, his voice roaring, and the player should realize that Nihilus is FAR more powerful than they had believed.}
Is this what we experienced in the game? If not, then blame the programmers, because this is what writers intended. Personally I would have "cheated" on Nihilus' behalf in that scene, if I were the programmer - let the player hack away all he likes at Nihilus, because it really won't matter. Let Nihilus take down the party with his lightsaber and force powers. Then, when everyone last lost 80-90% of all their hitpoints/vitality, Nihilus should just stun the entire part - no defense- then try to drain the exile. But something is wrong and he falls over, giving the party a few rounds to knock the life out of him.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:43 AM   #354
SirHaxALot
Rookie

Luke would just open a black hole and swallow Nihilus XD

Revan would commit various acts of bukkake on Nihilus.

Besides, I still think an indirect force attack or a force attack may be able to stop Nihilus. Or if it really came down to it, Revan may do something that would sacrifice his own life.

But who knows, this whole topic is useless really.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #355
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
As simple as an equation can go:
Since Revan was power, then it would be just more power to Nihilus drain to himself.

And, has anyone considered Ysalamiri factor? On a Force-empty field, the best fighter would win.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may:
Old 05-06-2007, 05:16 AM   #356
Christos K
Forumite

I did not mean warm up as in when he going to use it next. I meant how long it takes in between one time he uses it and another time. Or else he would have quickly destroyed Telos, and killed Madalore. And who cares if Nihilus's power has no effect on the Exile. If Mandalor and Visas were not there the Exile would be dead within a minute. Lets say all of a sudden Revan and Nihilus pop into a duel arena out of nowhere and there right next to eachother back to back. Who would win: Revan<Nihilus. Nihilus would sense Revan and be like in his language oh ****!!! and then a lightsaber goes through his head, heart, chest, ect. Now if had a normal arena duel each at one side of the arena I will admit Nihilus could/would win. But I am stay with the opinion/fact that Revan had either learned the power or a defense to the power. But then again no one says its a power with no defense to it. And could people stop saying that the Exile is the defense to the power. That is just annoying. We are not talking about the Exile. I see everyone who says that as an exile fan. Lets not bring up the thing that Nihilus' mask is made out of Revan's skull. That is just extremely violent and I do not know who has a sick enough mind to think of that. I would think this no matter who skull it could be. I do not even think it is a skull. I mean the game is already very dark, that would just be too far to go with a game that kids play. I mean Sion already gives some people nightmares lol... And the Kreia's fall seen is just brutal. Back on topic: I do not think anyone would be able to have a power like that unless there were some serious down falls. And you know how Kreia says that you can only gain that power from experiencing it first hand on. You know how many people would have that power than. Almost everyone at Malachor 5.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:58 AM   #357
SirHaxALot
Rookie

The downfall to the power is that: no matter how much he consumes, he will always be hungry--and when there is nothing to consume, he grows weaker and weaker. Eventually, if he runs out of life to consume, he himself, will die.

So no matter what, even if he was never defeated, he would simply die.

That is the only weakness we know to his power. This weakness is exhibited by the Exile when he tries to drain that which is devoid of life touched by the force.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #358
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
And who cares if Nihilus's power has no effect on the Exile.
I do.

Quote:
If Mandalor and Visas were not there the Exile would be dead within a minute.
How do you know that? Do you have some higher knowledge of how powerful the Exile is? How would the Exile, who has the ability to negate Nihilus' drain, lose, but Revan, who does not have the ability (as far as we know) to negate Nihilus' drain, win? Sounds like Revan fanboyism to me.

Quote:
But I am stay with the opinion/fact that Revan had either learned the power or a defense to the power.
Um, excuse me, but it is certainly not a fact that Revan has such a power. This is never stated or even hinted at throughout TSL. This is simply more Revan fanboyism.

Quote:
But then again no one says its a power with no defense to it.
But don't forget, Kreia does say that there are techniques in the Force to which there is no defense. She doesn't specify which technique, but what else could she mean? She said this while we watched the video of her fall where Nihilus obviously did something to her power.

Quote:
And could people stop saying that the Exile is the defense to the power.
But it's the truth. I like the truth, especially when it agrees with me.

Quote:
And you know how Kreia says that you can only gain that power from experiencing it first hand on. You know how many people would have that power than. Almost everyone at Malachor 5.
Did everyone at Malachor strip themselves of the Force? No. I agree with Jediphile's theory that Nihilus is the part of the Exile that was stripped and left at Malachor. Therefore, each one would have experienced it "first hand." But, like Revan having an "anti-Nihilus" power, this is speculation.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:07 AM   #359
Christos K
Forumite

I never said the Exile would loose because he has a defense to it. Even without that power Nihilus coud killl the Exile. Do you know how hard Nihilus was for my level 50 Exile. I had perposely left Mandolor and Visas at level 10 and they died

Old 05-07-2007, 07:04 PM   #360
SirHaxALot
Rookie

Some Kreia dialogue in regards to Nihilus:

Exile: So, he feeds on Force Sensitives?
Kreia: It is not something he can direct or focus, it is more of a hunger itself.

She also elaborates that: This power controls him, not the other way around.

More exchange....

Kreia: That is why, where Jedi gather, Jedi will die. He will feel them, unless they mask their presence - but, Katar called out as a beacon to him - and he could not resist it.

Ok, what this tells is:
Nihilus, does not have a direct control over his power. This would allow him to use it regardless of what is already occupying him, at least, that is how I interpret it. This power may also choose to fail him, as he is just a host for which the power feeds from.

Nihilus, does not have "ultra-super-duper-force-sensitivity". As KOTOR II cut-content would explain, Katarr was betrayed to Nihilus by Atris. If we ignore content and go by Kreia's simple statement, we can postulate that: no **** he sensed Katarr, because it was a giant neon sign saying "Free Buffet".

Also, Kreia states that it is possible to hide your force presence from this "ultra-super-duper-force-sensitivity". This is clearly exemplified by Bastilia and other numerous Jedi still living throughout the galaxy.

Which brings into effect that it would be possible for Revan to sneak onto Nihilus' ship. Also, Revan could mask his presence on any particular World he is on, which would deter Nihilus' efforts to annihilate him. Stop the "He would eat Revan's soul from across the galaxy!" arguments. Thanks.

This really doesn't support any of my claims in any direct fashion except for admitting that Revan could be put into a 1 on 1 Close Combat scenario.

What these quotes further do is, show that Nihilus would be capable of wreaking havoc with his power regardless of what kind of state he is in. He could be being electrocuted or force gripped etc....Then again, if he is unable to control this power, it could also be a major downfall.

I still think circumstances dictate the outcome of this match too much. And I do believe that Nihilus isn't the ultimate-Anti-Jedi. This isn't fanboy-ism either.
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Revan VS. Nihilus... who would win