lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Who is cooler?
Kreia 15 23.44%
Revan 49 76.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Kreia vs. Revan, Coolness contest?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-05-2007, 08:01 AM   #41
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Of course Revan is cooler!

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2007, 08:48 AM   #42
Gavroche
Rookie

Well, I prefer Kreia, she has a cynical humor and an emphasis that Revan will never have. Sure he speaks well, sure he's charismatic, sure he plays with Bastila's nerves, but Kreia's ability to persuade (or to convince... Er, she is a master at both), and her way to say "Hey, of course I'm right. But what did you think ? You weren't stupid enough to think the opposite, reassure me ?" when you tell her about the Light Side, charity...

Revan can gain whatever he wants from an army. But let Kreia speak, just a few seconds, to anybody and that guy will totally agree with her and her cause, or he will be broken so hard that he'll become her slave.

Force affinities, now. Yeah, Revan is strong in the Force, sure. But speaking of the study of the Force, I think that Kreia has been far more further that any Jedi in the understanding of the Force.

That makes me prefer Kreia. A cold and reflective tone with a sacarstic humor, the ability to mentally control anybody, and the experience of someone who have lived for veeeery long.
And the hood with the white eyes. Also.

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2007, 06:24 PM   #43
tbl
Rookie

Kreia herself was a Revan fangirl, um, fanwitch
tbl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2007, 07:20 PM   #44
Point Man
Seeker of Truth

Revan is much cooler. He actually did things. Kreia just tricked others into doing stuff she was not able to do.

Show me a man who is twenty and not a liberal, and I will show you a man with no heart.
Show me a man who is forty and not a conservative, and I will show you a man with no brain.

Point Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #45
Jaden Kenobi
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sith'ari
The fact that K can fight with force-formed lightsabers is cool. But other than that, she's just a manipulative old witch who isn't quite satisfied with her life. Trying to kill the force is just ridiculous- it's like trying to kill God himself. The fact that she resolves to kill the Force shows that she herself has relied too much on it and has little confidence in her own will. Though the Force has a will, people in the SW saga have their will too. There's always a choice. To resort to the killing of the Force is to lose faith in the will of her people. To me, she's just weak. How ironic that it's because of this weakness that she resolves to kill the Force, an act which make her seem stronger than others.

Revan, in contrast, believes in his own will, thus it's said that he's neither the servant of the light nor the dark. K said that he didn't Fall to the dark side; I believe he Volunteered to the dark side just so to confront the true enemy, the true sith. He has absolutely the idea of what's going on- his cause of action, his means and his destination. I'd say he's indeed a grey jedi, neither light nor dark. Though he's strong in the Force, he seems to be the one who's in charge of his own actions; aided, but not controlled by the Force. That makes a cooler character than K.
^^ That´s I mostly think of Revan and the fact that there was a quote and I loved about him that read from Wiki:

-"In order to become the Galaxy´s Greatest Savior, Revan had to become its Greatest Villian"
Jaden Kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #46
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Revan < Kreia

Revan is one of the most overhyped characters in the history of Star Wars.

Given how he's completely up to the player in regards to his personality (even the 'his' part is changeable), the only totally official stuff about Revan is that he's a pretty good general/Force user who wanted to rule the galaxy, with absolutely no spoken dialogue to draw upon. In other words, he's totally devoid of any character other than what the player wants.

I don't really think playable characters should count in polls, to be honest. You can't measure them the way you can with NPCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Kreia vs. Revan, Coolness contest?