lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mercenary Crew: Age of the Rebellion
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #281
Grace
Forumite

((starmark2k offered me Rita also, and I've decided to accept her as well. And so, my first post will be a joint effort... JasraLantill, FFWM12, and me! ))

"Voices?" Rita scoffed. "That's nothing. I heard footsteps!"

"Keh," Travis snorted, "You were just scoffing at us for hearing 'voices'."

"Voices aren't wierd," Rita fired back. "Hearing footsteps, though... that's weird... and more than a little."

Travis raised an eyebrow. "Do you hear voices on a regular basis, Rita? Because, you know, I guess it's alright if you do...but you really should see someone about that...or lay off the spice..."

Raze chuckled. "Travis, that might dull her sparkling personality though."

"Aaand the pot calls the kettle black!" Rita cried dramatically. "Your spice stash is at least twice the size of mine! At least!"

"Simply because I use it twice as slowly as you do. And we do all love her sparkling personality, don't we Raze?"

"The ship wouldn't be the same without her. It would be quieter though," Raze answered simply. Travis chuckled.

"And we wouldn't have to fix the sim every fourty minutes..." he added.

"Not always my fault, 'Ace'," Rita retorted, putting a slight emphasis on his callsign and giving him a glare full of meaning.

"Alright, alright," Raze conceded. "Tell us about these footsteps. Where did you hear them?"

Rita crossed her arms and leaned back. "Uh huh... like I'm gonna believe you really wanna know?" She rolled her eyes. "Can't remember the exact... maybe somewhere around..."

"Can't remember?" Raze cocked an eyebrow. "Did you know that when you bluff your left eye twitches just a little bit?"

"Does not!" Rita protested (twitching eye included). "Oh, fine. Common room. Following me and Zam toward the cockpit..." she frowned. "Bridge?" Shaking her head, she concluded, "Brickpit?"

Raze exchanged a guarded look with the others, then looked at Rita. "Incense, huh?" she said doubtfully. "So, these 'footsteps'... Zam heard them, too?"

Rita shook her head, almost proudly. "Nope! Just me."

Travis burst out laughing. "That's it, I'm stealing your spice tonight."

"So long as I steal yours, that won't bother me much," Rita retorted. "Remember the part about you having more?"

"You couldn't find it if you tried."

"Travis, I'm surprised you can find anything in your room," Raze said. "But I suppose chaos is essential to your work environment." She let out a long sigh. "So, let's see.... we have voices, footsteps, and pots and pans flying about the Galley. That can't be due to conduit worms. Or Gizka." She looked at Rita and then Travis. "You don't suppose we're buying into Zam's 'strange feelings from the mystery box', are we?"

"Well, I'm not buying into anything." Travis said, "All's I know is that there's something weird in that box."
Grace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2007, 09:52 AM   #282
starmark2k
Someone's Worse Nightmare

LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Zam Slammed the lid on the wooden box back down and put it on the floor by his side. He was more than a little shocked by the glowing lights filling the room from the crystal.

He had looked after the crystal for a few years now and it hadn't done that before. However Zam quickly thought about the stories his father told him about how the Chimera Crystal often reacted to the force.

Zam began to think about what could be happening, perhaps the empire had sent one of those Dark Jedi he heard about after the crystal. He heard Rumours after his parents death that one had killed his parents and Sister back at their family Farm.

Before he could think of anything else the ship suddenly shuddered to halt as the Eclipse was violently pulled out of hyperspace.

"Boop! Boop! Boop!" A siren and began to sound around the ship and red lights flashed. It was the proximity alarm, Somthing was close.

Zam jumped up and ran out into the common room, he ran past Raze and before she could say anything he called "I'm on it!"

Running into the cockpit he jumped in his chair and looked at the scanners. After a string of Native irodian curses he reached up to grab the comm unit Mic. "I'd suggest we get to battle stations, as we have an Imperial Intradictor On an intercept, Oh and it's launching a greeting party ties to say hello!"
starmark2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2007, 10:44 AM   #283
Rexraptor2000
Versewalker

Current Game: Brotherhood
Ulim was about to discourage all this talk of ghosts when the ship had been pulled violently out of hyperspace. Zam had run past them and shouted something about battle stations, but that was all Ulim needed to hear. He sprinted to his Turret and powered it up. His mind seethed at the sight of the Imperials coming towards them. He fixed his turret on the nearest fighter, leading it, and opened fire.
Rexraptor2000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2007, 11:33 AM   #284
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Jumping up from her chair, Raze said, "Game's over people!" as the alarms went off and Zam dashed past her to the cockpit. "Battle stations!" she ordered, just as Zam's voice came over the comm.

"I'd suggest we get to battle stations, as we have an Imperial Interdictor on an intercept! Oh and it's launching a greeting party of TIEs to say hello!"

"Great!" Raze said cynically, just as Ulim rushed past her towards his turret.

Raze started towards her turret, then hesitated. She wanted to see this Interdictor for herself. "Flick!" she called over her shoulder as she headed to the bridge. "You take my turret!"

Reaching the cockpit, she slid into the co-pilot's seat next to Zam. "Damned gravity wells..." she cursed, as she saw the approaching ship through the view window. "Don't these guys have something better to do than harrass innocent freighters?" She put on her headset and began to check the scanners and shields. "Try to keep at least 120 kilometres away from it, Zam," she reminded him about the range of the tractor beams, "and I'll see if I can plot us another course out of...

"Crap!" she said suddenly. "TIEs coming in hard at 0200!" she shouted into the com.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)
Old 01-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #285
starmark2k

"I guess you want me two turn around then." He said as he pulled the manouvour control stick up to turn a full 180 degrees. "We ain't going to outrun that Intradictor and its still emitting a gravity well, low Gs but it's stopping us from jumping!"
Old 01-06-2007, 11:42 AM   #286
steven
^I'm with Genius^

Location: Doesn't matter. The question u should be asking is "where r u?"
John rushed from engineering to the bridge, as it was the closet thing he had to a battle station. He watched ties draw closer and the Intradictor standing in poistion "Well the Intradictor doesn't have a tractor beam or for that matter a big hanger, so they wanna kill us... But why?"

Make love, not toast.
steven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #287
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

Current Game: Dragon's Dogma
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! Hot Topic Starter 
"Twenty credits says I get more!" Travis called to Rita as they all dashed off to their stations. He jumped into the cockpit of his turret, firing up the controls with one hand and pulling the comm. around his head with the other.

"Ties coming in hard at 0200!"

"Got 'em." he said, swinging the gun around hard and firing off a few rounds. The Eclipse suddenly lurched and pulled a tight turn, throwing Travis into the side of the cockpit and causing the turret to misfire.

"****!" he hissed then, into the comm. he added, "What the hell are you thinking, Zam??"

He spun the gun around, firing again. "I couldda had him!"

ForceFightWMe12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2007, 01:54 PM   #288
Master_Archon
The Sajuuk-Khar!!!

Roleplayer 
Otak was all for speaking his mind on the matter of ghosts and such when the ship jerked and lights started flashing. The pilot, Zam, came running by saying to get into battle stations. Otak just got up and reassembled his Smart Disc, and headed down the hall.

He headed into the hybrid's room and collected everything he had left in there, his Combi Stick, and the translator Travis made, along with anything else that he could find that was his. He left the room and headed to the bridge, where he found the pilot, John, and Raze. He tied the translator to a cord around his neck where it could translate for him easier than if he held it in his hand.

Otak heard the machanic say something about the ship and how it didn't have tractor beams. He studied it for a moment, he may not have been in this galaxy long enough to know everything, but he'd seen these ships before.

"That's a lie, they have ten tractor beams, and enough room for several TIE squadrons," he commented with what little knowledge of the vessel he had. "And I think they're called Interdictors, not Intradictors," he commented dryly.

"What do I do?" he asked Raze, the voice from the translator taking on his deep tone and what little accent he had in his speach.

"But in you...I see the potential to see the Force die, to turn away from its will..."
"You are beautiful to me, exile. A dead spot in the Force, an emptiness in which its will might be denied."
"But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force..."
"I would have killed the galaxy to preserve you...You are more precious than you know..."-now...it's verbatim!-A quote from Darth Traya (Kreia)
Master_Archon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #289
starmark2k

"John We can worry about that if we get out of this in one..." The ship violently shook as a tie must have fired apon it. Zam reached up to the Comm unit and pulled the mic back down. "If the gunners will be so kind to blast the Eye-balls in to dust it'll be much appreciated."

"John i could really use more power to the engines!"
Old 01-06-2007, 02:11 PM   #290
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"If the gunners would be so kind as to blast the Eye-balls in to dust it'll be much appreciated."

Travis growled. "If you'd stop swinging the damn ship around every time I get a lock...got one!"

A ball of fire exploded before him as one of his shots connected with a TIE.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:35 PM   #291
JasraLantill
No One Liners

The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
"What do I do?" Otak asked Raze, the voice from the translator taking on his deep tone and what little accent he had in his speech.

Raze was busy scanning the surrounding area and didn’t have time for questions. “If you know anything about engines, you can go and help John,” she said hurriedly to Otak. “Otherwise, just sit tight and hang on to something!”

Suddenly she spotted something on her scanners. “There! A small nebula! Zam, change course to 361 Mark 2. And give it all you got!” She hit the com. “John, divert every ounce of power you can muster to those engines! Even the shields!” She looked up at the view window. “They’ll be useless where were headed.”

She started to plot out another hyperspace route at the nav station. “They’ll have to shut down their grav well generators when they enter that nebula,” she said to Zam. “And when they do, we’re jumping.”

Old 01-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #292
starmark2k

"Well this little manouvour is going to seriously tick off Travis." Zam said before pulling back slightly on the accelorator and then pulling the stick strait forward and slightly to the side. He then pulled back when they were facing the nebula and pushed the accelerator into full forward. Zam looked down at his pilots scanner. "Damn it we won't get there for four minuets... Oh and the Intradictor is three away from locking onto us."
Old 01-06-2007, 02:46 PM   #293
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"Right on," John said before rushing to engineering and used a keycard to activate a consel he had installed not long after he joined the crew. He quickly did the ajustments and pressed the 'Done' botten. Soon almost every system that wasn't needed was drained right into the engines.

Make love, not toast.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:52 PM   #294
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Raze thought for a second. "John," she said into the com. "We need more power." She paused, knowing that her next decision wasn't going to be popular. "Use life support if you have to."

Old 01-06-2007, 02:55 PM   #295
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"To be honest I want to use anything but life support." John replied "Hey captain, we don't light do we?" John then paused for a second "Or gravity?"

Make love, not toast.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:59 PM   #296
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

The ship rocked violently again and a small explosion laced the side of the ship as a TIE fired again. There were no shields.

A slew of very volitile curses flew from his mouth as he activated the comm. "What the hell happened to our shields???" he hissed.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:00 PM   #297
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"Shields are for yellow-bellows," Joked John before saying "Sorry T, we need all power to the engines."

Make love, not toast.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:07 PM   #298
JasraLantill
No One Liners

"John if we don't gain some speed pretty soon," Raze said to him through the com, "we're not going to have to worry about having light and gravity. Just use whatever power's available. We need more speed!"

She ship rocked and Raze heard Travis ask about the shields and John respond to him. "That means you, Rita, Flick and Ulim, better make all your shots count, Ace!"

She gave Zam a concerned look. "These Imps aren't after our cargo," she said. "Otherwise, they'd be looking to board us, not blow us up."

She turned around and looked at Otak. "You said you were 'wanted'. You got an Imperial Death Mark or something?"

Old 01-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #299
starmark2k

"Raze, I'm beginning to think that it's not the cargo they're after but a certain indestructable object that's onboard." Zam said knowing that Raze would know what he was talking about. "So it wouldn't matter if they vapourized the ship and everything else that's onboard."
Old 01-06-2007, 03:16 PM   #300
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"...make every one of your shots count, Ace!"

"Keh," he muttered, "Easier said than done."

He fired off a string of shots, two out of five connecting with a TIE fighter as it zoomed by. It continued skidding along for a few seconds, sparks flying out the tail, before colliding with a second fighter and exploding into a flower of green and yellow.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:35 PM   #301
JasraLantill
No One Liners

"How would they know about that?" she asked Zam. Raze frowned then, recalling her prior experiences with Dark Jedi. She sighed with dread. "You think there are DJ's aboard that Imp ship?"

Old 01-06-2007, 03:39 PM   #302
starmark2k

"It's a possibility that they are." Zam replied continuing to speed along quicker as the Power began to transfer to the engines. "But it looks like we should just about make it to that nebula now."
Old 01-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #303
Master_Archon
The Sajuuk-Khar!!!

Roleplayer 
Otak just shrugged as he took a seat and laid back, as if he already knew the outcome would be in their favor, either that or he liked near death experiences.

"You said you were 'wanted'. You got an Imperial Death Mark or something?" Asked Raze.

"Hm? I do have some bit of a bounty by certain factions in the empire...but if they knew I was onboard, I'd think they'd rather take me alive," he stated, answering Razes question.

"I was kinda hoping we'd get boarded...woulda been able to test how well my Smart Disc's working now," he muttered to himself.

"But in you...I see the potential to see the Force die, to turn away from its will..."
"You are beautiful to me, exile. A dead spot in the Force, an emptiness in which its will might be denied."
"But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force..."
"I would have killed the galaxy to preserve you...You are more precious than you know..."-now...it's verbatim!-A quote from Darth Traya (Kreia)
Master_Archon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2007, 01:13 AM   #304
Dark_Lady
Forumite

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Flick tracked and fired, tracked and fired, but Zam's evasive manuevers threw her off continually, leaving the TIEs to continue their assault. Bloody hell... why won't you just die? She was getting nervous as the assault continued, and that didn't help her much either, especially when she noticed the shields were down. Suddenly, the lights went out and the artificial gravity disappeared as well.

Lovely, she thought as she started to drift upwards. Wrapping her tail around the seat, she yanked herself back down, and aimed at one of the TIEs. The darkness was so relaxing... no more flashing lights to distract, just the blackness of space, thousands of stars, and one idiot swerving around for another pass.

"Gotcha," she murmured, firing again. Four pulses of light erupted from the gun, and finally found their target. As the fighter exploded, Flick let out an uncanny scream of delight, more of an exultant war cry than anything else. She turned her attention to another fighter that had just entered her field of vision, and blasted him as well.

Leaning forward, she waited expectantly for another one. Even if they were about to get blown into a million pieces, she was enjoying herself.

There's a bit of the shadowy side in all of us.

Except those freakazoid Jedi nutcases.
Dark_Lady is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2007, 12:05 AM   #305
Grace
Forumite

"Heere, Eyeball," Rita whispered, just after another of Zam's evasive manouvers. She fired and fried one of the hunting TIE's. "Bout time!" she yelled. "If ya ain't no good at flyin', try to be a' fryin'!"

On a second barrage, she took down two more. "Flame broiled Eyeballs!" she hooted, giggling as she targeted a fourth... and watched it explode before she could squeeze the trigger.

"Kark on you, Ace!" she whined. "I had that one!"
Old 01-08-2007, 03:21 PM   #306
JasraLantill
No One Liners

"Kark on you, Ace!" Rita whined. "I had that one!"

"Rita, we dont have time to be picky about kills!" Raze shouted into the com. She could feel her body rising against the seat straps and knew that the artificial gravity was failing. Time was of the essence now. "There's still five of them out there! Just blast them!"

Her scanners began to flash erratically and she turned to Zam with genuine concern in her eyes. In a few more seconds, they'd be in the nebula--and without instruments. She trusted Zam's piloting skills completely, but with TIEs still hot on their tail and no shields, she was getting worried. "You alright with this?" she asked him.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #307
starmark2k

"Cap'n this is what... i... live... for." Zam replied slowly looking at the scanners he could have sworn he just saw a solid object pop up on the sensors then disappear. He looked forward and back at the scanners, another Solid object popped up and then disappeared. "wait somthing isn't right." Zam stated as he looked forward and pressed one of the small buttons to activate a differant vision mode on his cybernetic eye. "Oh <Irodian Curse>!!!" Zam shouted as the ship entered the nebula, He quickly pulled back on the manouvour control stick causing the ship to pull up before hitting a large asteroid that was infront of them and masked by the Nebulas gases. He shouted out several more curses as he attempted to avoid many more Asteroids. Even with enhanced sight from his eye he could only see the Rocks seconds before impacting them. "We're in a <Irodian Curse> Asteroid field!"
Old 01-08-2007, 03:46 PM   #308
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"Fantastic, anything I can do at my end?" John shouted to Zam, feeling rather helpless and wanted to do something.

Make love, not toast.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:49 PM   #309
starmark2k

"Year you know those shield you turned off... maybe turn them back on." Zam shouted narrowly avoiding another Asteroid. "Oh that was close."
Old 01-08-2007, 03:51 PM   #310
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"Yes that would work in this Nebular," John shouted back, disgarding his own sarcastic comment John went ahead anyways and activated the shields.

Make love, not toast.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:47 PM   #311
ForceFightWMe12
LFN Staff Emeritus

"Holy kriffin' hell!" Travis barked. First Zam had the ship swerving like a freakin' maniac. Then they turned the shields off. Then they left him to shoot in Zero G. But making him fight in an asteriod field??

"We sure as hell better live through this!!!" he shouted into the comm. "Or so help me, I will haunt your sorry ass for the rest of eternity, ZAM!"

Old 01-08-2007, 04:53 PM   #312
Grace
Forumite

Rita giggled as she brought her turret around once more. "That'd be hilarious, Ace," she called through the comm. "You, as a ghost, haunting Zam's ghost... y'know, as you'd both be ghosts, I think that'd just be called pestering him... but as I'm no expert, I really can't say."
Old 01-08-2007, 05:01 PM   #313
starmark2k

"Pestering Me?" Zam Said still Weaving through and around the asteroids. "How will that be any differant from now."

"Hey Raze any idea on What that Intradictor is doing cos i can't keep this up forever."
Old 01-08-2007, 05:34 PM   #314
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"Just gonna point something out, you need to be a jedi to be a ghost, cause when's the last time you met a smuggler ghost... and to be honest when was the last time you met a ghost? If you ask me the whole concept is nothing but a myth." John said throug the intercom "Anyways, Zam if I remember correctly about Intradictor, they cant move while the gravity well generator is active. We're going to have to use that to our advantage."

Make love, not toast.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #315
JasraLantill
No One Liners

"Zam, just get us through this nebula," Raze said. "And as soon as we're out of it, we're jumping." She paused, looking down at the nav computer panel, which was flashing irratically. "I don't know where we'll be jumping to," she added, "but we're jumping."

Old 01-09-2007, 01:34 PM   #316
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"I realised, the start of the engine scared the crap outta me." John replied "Out of curiosity, but is anyone else here have a sudden urge to either jetison or have a look in our secrete package."

Make love, not toast.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:53 PM   #317
starmark2k

"John is this really the time?" Zam shouted in to the comm system. "Hang on we have a clear run out of the nebula. Hold on to your panties people cos we're almost outta here."

The Eclipse began to accelerate to it's full speed as it moved in a line right out of the Nebula. Seconds after leaving Nebula Zam Quickly hit a few buttons on his Nav computer then pulled the levar to activate Hyperspace.

"And that is how we do it!" Zam said in a celebratory tone.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #318
steven
^I'm with Genius^

"Great work Zam, now about that create?" Asked John "It has to contain something they want."

Make love, not toast.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:03 PM   #319
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Raze exchanged a quick glance with Zam. She hit the mute button on the comm, so that what she was about to say was only audible to her, Zam, and Otaktay in the cockpit.

"Ok, time to level with me," she said seriously to Zam. "Do you think it's your 'special' cargo, or the one we just picked up that is causing the Imperials to pay such attention to us? 'Cause if it's our new cargo, I'll jetison it. Right here and now. You're worth more to me that 58,000 credits."

Old 01-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #320
starmark2k

"That's nice to know." Zam said with a smile but got no responce from Raze as she was being deadly serious. "I don't know, i always thought the imps could have found out about..." He looked back at the big alien behind them. "you know. but the time frame kinda suggest that d'do not open box we got."
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Dantooine Theatre Company > Mercenary Crew: Age of the Rebellion