lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Ideas for sith lord bosses or otherwise--please nothing rediculous...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-13-2006, 03:43 AM   #1
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Ideas for sith lord bosses or otherwise--please nothing rediculous...

Thus far we seem to have had some great ideas.

I guess what I'd concern myself with is plots, origins, and stuff like that.

Since everybody and their brother has a billion ideas plus, why not let us share what we all have. Sure much may probably seem UN-starwars-ish at first, but the ideas born here can be made to fit a certain format. for now I'd say try to remain objective.

Since my previous posts yeilded moderate ideas and debate I am a little hopeful. I can't control what you will say--but please try not to make it rediculous like weilding 88 lightsabers, or petty, or some kind of ultra powerful super god who is absolutely infallable. Uniqueness a plus.
I'm sure the purists can help us keep objectivity about us. Something that can really pass for a convincing individual(s) as well as a back story.

Armed with dialogs; Now meatbags, without further adue, like sharp objects, let your ideas fly!
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2006, 04:26 AM   #2
tbl
Rookie

The main boss should be human and want to take over the galaxy and not destroy it.
tbl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2006, 04:42 AM   #3
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Elaborate.

How so in philosophy? A different type? Perhaps a tragic one who actually used the philosophy for good--different good than the jedi-- but was killed...perhaps indirectly because it was so misunderstood?

Humans are the ultimate epitomy of good and evil eh?

Make us see in full stride just what you mean.
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2006, 04:44 AM   #4
Ben_Walker
Smartass

So by "nothing rediculous" thats a no on a stilt walking ewok with vibroblades...

I want something different, and I'd like the Sith master to have a more sophisticated plot than just destroy or conquer.

Remember the breeze across your face
Remember the swaying sleeves in the wind
Remember the grains of sand beneath your feet
between your toes
Remember the freedom in the never ending waves

Remember I'll be at the beach.

Jedi Academy - Renaissance
Ben_Walker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2006, 07:09 AM   #5
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Speaking of sophistication, I'm all for a charming Sith Lord a la Count Dooku. We need a break from the usual, ugly Sith Lord who keeps blabbering nonsense and fighting crazy. I like Nihilus and Kreia, and more unique characters like them would definitely be a refreshing change.

One possible idea I had in mind was to take Nihilus to the next level - A Sith Lord who is not a user of the Force, but the very epitome of the Dark Side, a living rival to the Force, he who can twist himself to any shape, become omnipresent, a virtually impossibly powerful fiend. Of course, we would have to underpower him a bit, since this is a video game we're talking about.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2006, 07:39 AM   #6
tbl
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity
Elaborate.

How so in philosophy? A different type? Perhaps a tragic one who actually used the philosophy for good--different good than the jedi-- but was killed...perhaps indirectly because it was so misunderstood?

Humans are the ultimate epitomy of good and evil eh?

Make us see in full stride just what you mean.
That's just my usual preference for most stories: movies/tv/games/books. But if you want me to elaborate, I'd say the True Sith should be in the same style as the Old Sith Empire (6,900 - 4,900 BBY). Coincidentally, thats what the true sith might be anyway.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #7
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I'd like to see a Sith Lord that is very feeble and diminutive physically (disabled?), but a complete juggernaut mentally and with the Force.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2006, 11:46 AM   #8
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
I'd like to see a Sith Lord that is very feeble and diminutive physically (disabled?), but a complete juggernaut mentally and with the Force.
QFE.

Maybe a kind-of Darth Yoda character?*

*(I am not suggesting that the character should be of the Yoda species, or green, or *that* small, or have an irregular use of syntax, BTW )

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2006, 12:44 PM   #9
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

I would like to see one of two things.

1. A deformed human who is an exceptional fighter, and fairly powerful in the Force

2. Similar to what Prime said, but taken to the extreme. A disfigured body and a weak fighter, but extremely powerful in the Force. What I would most like to see, is a Sith Lord who has devoted so much of his life to becoming more powerful with the Dark Side, he has given up his body, and become a Dark Side essence, if you will. He's almost like a cloud of Darkness that has incredible power over the Force.

I'm not really sure how you would defeat such a character described in number 2, but I think that would just be the ultimate in cool Sith Lords.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2006, 01:26 PM   #10
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
There used to be a couple of threads with the same, or similar topic, but they are way too outdated to be resurrected now. Anyway, on one of them I posted a concept art of my main villain idea, so I'm reposting it here. (I used this appearance later, to portray a villain in my fics, so don't be surprised if this picture looks familiar from somewhere)
Basically, he's the leader of the True Sith. He's extremely powerful in the Force, so powerful in fact, that he rarely uses his lightsaber to defeat his enemies. Since the concept art is colourless, I'll emphasise that the character's robe is red and the armor black. He is an alien, obviously of the True Sith species, of shiny black skin. His face is (just like on the drawing) completely covered by his hood.
I haven't thought much of the agenda of the True Sith, except for the well known ones - conquest and power over others.
My whole idea is pretty old, I admit, but still I thought I'd remind the others of it once more and share it with the new folks.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2006, 01:34 PM   #11
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Hmmm, I i would go along with Prime, and have a really strong in the force but weak fighter (ala Yoda in ESB and RotJ) and I think I would go with the apprentice being a female Sith Lord as i don't think there have been enough, sophisticated and elegant (a female version of Count Dooku)

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2006, 02:02 PM   #12
Jediphile
Persona non grata

How about a Sith Lady of stunning beauty and utterly femme fatale? The Star Wars equivalent of Helen of Troy, only entirely evil?

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2006, 02:45 PM   #13
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Current Game: Mass Effect 3
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I'd personally love to see a Sith equivalent to Grand Admiral Thrawn. He is a master of battle, but his prowess comes from his tactics and his sheer intellect, not his brute strength. He is both charismatic and a true terror at once.

I suppose this is similar to what Sabretooth was getting at with Count Dooku. Count Dooku seemed much the same... except that he was a complete and utter moron. I would simply like to see a Sith Lord with more than "kill all," "conquer all," or "inflict pain on all" going through his head. Conquering the galaxy for such a Sith would not be his main object, but the journey, the game, would be the true prize. Like a galactic game of chess, I suppose. Maybe I just want to hear him say "checkmate".

I'm just so tired of the disfigured Sith Lord, or the Force God/Goddess. I would love to see a character that has a leg to stand on beyond their Force potential. Someone with depth of character and not just a cool look or an impressive Force attack.

Inyri is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2006, 02:50 PM   #14
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Quote:
Originally Posted by InyriForge
I'd personally love to see a Sith equivalent to Grand Admiral Thrawn. He is a master of battle, but his prowess comes from his tactics and his sheer intellect, not his brute strength. He is both charismatic and a true terror at once.

I suppose this is similar to what Sabretooth was getting at with Count Dooku. Count Dooku seemed much the same... except that he was a complete and utter moron. I would simply like to see a Sith Lord with more than "kill all," "conquer all," or "inflict pain on all" going through his head. Conquering the galaxy for such a Sith would not be his main object, but the journey, the game, would be the true prize. Like a galactic game of chess, I suppose. Maybe I just want to hear him say "checkmate".

I'm just so tired of the disfigured Sith Lord, or the Force God/Goddess. I would love to see a character that has a leg to stand on beyond their Force potential. Someone with depth of character and not just a cool look or an impressive Force attack.
If they made this the next baddie... I would cry tears of joy. Maybe even do a happy-dance

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2006, 03:15 PM   #15
The Sith'ari

Quote:
Originally Posted by InyriForge
I would simply like to see a Sith Lord with more than "kill all," "conquer all," or "inflict pain on all" going through his head. Conquering the galaxy for such a Sith would not be his main object, but the journey, the game, would be the true prize. Like a galactic game of chess, I suppose. Maybe I just want to hear him say "checkmate".
What about Revan came back, after having destroyed the True Sith at the price of falling to the dark side? And no he did not want to rule the galaxy after he retuned as a fallen dark lord from the unknown regions. He might do something else, I have not given much thought to it. But perhaps, in the end, he only needed to be defeated just to be saved and redeemed just once again, and become one with the Force.

Maybe I'll write a fan fic about when I have a more complete idea.
The Sith'ari is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2006, 03:28 PM   #16
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

But I don't want to fight Revan... that would make me sad.

I don't know. I think we need a fresh villain. A lot of people would be upset if you were forced to fight and/or kill Revan in K3, I think. Not all of us have envisioned him as falling back to the dark side.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:31 PM   #17
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
How about a Sith Lady of stunning beauty and utterly femme fatale? The Star Wars equivalent of Helen of Troy, only entirely evil?
I have the perfect model for this Sith Lord;

http://www.hollywood-celebrity-pictu...kinsale-24.JPG

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2006, 04:02 PM   #18
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Thought we already got ouurselves a General Thrawn "bad guy" in the form of Revan, what, with how he won the Battle of Malachor V? Another one wouldn't hurt, though, as long as he/she is more detailed.

Also, send in the Exchange (note that its branch on Taris and Nar Shadda are gone, but it's an intergalatic crime syndicate, it's going to live for quite some time...), and Czerka Corporation as some tradiational baddies to compete against/ally with.
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2006, 04:45 PM   #19
tbl
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Darth Sidious

Quote:
That get's my vote.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:06 PM   #20
Inyri
The Magical Malefactor

Quote:
Thought we already got ouurselves a General Thrawn "bad guy" in the form of Revan, what, with how he won the Battle of Malachor V? Another one wouldn't hurt, though, as long as he/she is more detailed.
That was backstory. That particular side of Revan was never a part of the game. Plus we don't know anything about him, really, other than that he was supposedly a tactical genius. There's nothing in-depth about Revan's backstory. We know the basics and nothing more.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #21
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious
QFE.

Maybe a kind-of Darth Yoda character?*

*(I am not suggesting that the character should be of the Yoda species, or green, or *that* small, or have an irregular use of syntax, BTW )
And well the Yoda race cannot be DS probably.

Also note that anything about his race is top secret. There are myth that GL himself would put on his ninja outfit and finish off anyone who are too curious about the Yoda race. And also myth that an entire print run of cards vaporizing in one night due to a card showing the yoda race in their secret ritual.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2006, 04:57 AM   #22
tbl
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
And well the Yoda race cannot be DS probably.

Also note that anything about his race is top secret. There are myth that GL himself would put on his ninja outfit and finish off anyone who are too curious about the Yoda race. And also myth that an entire print run of cards vaporizing in one night due to a card showing the yoda race in their secret ritual.
Nah, it's too late for that. Day of the Ninja was on December 5th.
http://dayoftheninja.com/index2.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the_ninja
Old 12-14-2006, 05:03 AM   #23
Nancy Allen``
Banned

I'd go with the final boss being a tribute to the movies: rather than dueling the main bad guy (okay have that too, and have it end like Luke\Vader in ESB or Yoda\Palpatine in RotS) scream down a trench to destroy some invincible Sith weapon, ala TPM, ANH, RotJ, HooT, oops. That last one's not Star Wars but you get the idea. The main bad guy can be owned by Bastila, Revan, Exile, ect.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2006, 09:32 AM   #24
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
I like that idea. Maybe all dressed in white or something not traditionally Sith.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2006, 11:14 AM   #25
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Let's combine these ideas...

A stunningly beautiful woman, with abilities compareable to Grandadmiral Thrawn (intelligence, calmness, tactical & strategical genius), dressed in all white, highly respected among the Sith, using one blue lightsaber, equally good in force & combat. And self confident like Count Dooku, fighting in an elegant style.
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2006, 11:52 AM   #26
Angelos Kumani
Rookie

So basically what you are saying is that you would kinda of want to see Galadriel if she had taken the one ring from Frodo...I don't remember the exact quote but, "...beautiful and terrible as the dawn...all will love me and despair...".

I think that this potentially could work...just imagine if this was your PC's love interest/mentor and then there was that plot twist at some point in the story...
Angelos Kumani is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2006, 01:14 PM   #27
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos Kumani
So basically what you are saying is that you would kinda of want to see Galadriel if she had taken the one ring from Frodo...I don't remember the exact quote but, "...beautiful and terrible as the dawn...all will love me and despair...".

I think that this potentially could work...just imagine if this was your PC's love interest/mentor and then there was that plot twist at some point in the story...
"In Place of a Dark Lord you will set up a Queen. And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and Night, Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and Lightning! Stronger than the foundation of the earth. All shall love me and despair."

I like Vaelastraz combo idea.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2006, 01:15 PM   #28
igyman
Tension!

It could all work, except for the blue lightsaber. If she's a Sith, then she has to have a red lightsaber, like any self-respecting Sith would.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:31 PM   #29
The Sith'ari

^^^Atris used a blue too. I think it's what gives the enemy more layers. Not just plain Jedi, plain Sith. But of course, only when the plot can explain it.

Perhaps not a blue, but a silver? Silver feels "evil".
The Sith'ari is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2006, 01:32 PM   #30
Vaelastraz
Veteran

A blue lightsaber would add to her uniqueness...
This is just an example but it could show that she wants to differ herself from former Sith Lords, or common sith. She could stand for something entirely new.
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2006, 02:43 PM   #31
igyman
Tension!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sith'Ari
^^^Atris used a blue too. I think it's what gives the enemy more layers. Not just plain Jedi, plain Sith. But of course, only when the plot can explain it.
Actually Atris used whichever color you specified in that dialogue with Atton, since she used the Exile's old lightsaber (I actually said once in that dialogue that I had a red lightsaber and Atris had a red saber when I encountered her later).
Also, Atris wasn't a Sith. She fell to the Dark Side near the end of the game and she didn't even realize it. If she considered herself a Sith she would have had a red saber. Besides it takes time to build a lightsaber, you can't expect her to quickly change her saber to red between her fall under Traya's influence and the Exile's arrival to Telos.

@Vaelastraz: But then she wouldn't be a Sith, would she? I could go with silver, but only if the villain turned out to be something different than a Sith.

Old 12-14-2006, 04:08 PM   #32
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyman
Actually Atris used whichever color you specified in that dialogue with Atton, since she used the Exile's old lightsaber (I actually said once in that dialogue that I had a red lightsaber and Atris had a red saber when I encountered her later).
Also, Atris wasn't a Sith. She fell to the Dark Side near the end of the game and she didn't even realize it. If she considered herself a Sith she would have had a red saber. Besides it takes time to build a lightsaber, you can't expect her to quickly change her saber to red between her fall under Traya's influence and the Exile's arrival to Telos.

@Vaelastraz: But then she wouldn't be a Sith, would she? I could go with silver, but only if the villain turned out to be something different than a Sith.
How about if we see her before the final battle she used a color that matches your character type. When you meet her in the final battle she uses red.

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Old 12-14-2006, 04:20 PM   #33
Angelos Kumani
Rookie

^Thanks for the help with the exact quote!

I was thinking that it would be cool if you had that plot twist (that has been such a big part of SW in general)...think of Sidius, you never saw him with a red saber until he was confronted by Jedi - so I think the idea of not seeing the traditional red saber until the twist/final confrontation would be great!

EDIT: I always thought of Atris as a great charcter that could be used as a bridge between the games...going with what is accepted as canocical, LSF Exile, I always assumed that Atris was left alive. She has such great potential - for either falling from her grace and allowing the mercy shown to become the center of her dark heart; or having that mercy fill her with light and showing the way to redemption. Regardless, I have always felt that she would be determined not to make the same mistakes again - she would not sit idly by and wait and think. She in fact could be a great choice to be the mentor for your new character - whether or not she actually ends up as the new "bad guy" or not - as a very proactive force in the galaxy.
Angelos Kumani is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2006, 04:25 PM   #34
igyman
Tension!

@Arátoeldar: Just checked and holy crap... you're right. She really does have a red lightsaber in the final battle. But, it still proves my point - every Sith uses a red lightsaber.

Old 12-14-2006, 04:28 PM   #35
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

No problem as you can tell I have huge passion for Tolkien,

Old 12-14-2006, 04:35 PM   #36
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Helen of Troy? Last beach(Aleema) trying to pull that off died when a bunch of stars go nova.

How about a sithlord that was fatally wounded, therby supporting her life thru the use of a huge machine connected to her body.

Oh one thing. A sithlord with NO LIGHTSABER!! Yes, give her a sithblade, a spear, a reaper, a 2 by 4, but nO LIGHTSABER. A n ice bladeborn tradition breaths new air to the red glowstick swinging people.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2006, 05:20 PM   #37
Henz

I'd have the girl mentioned before. Who's a manipulating bitch. A more stereotypical sith guy who you think is running stuff (plot twist - OMGZ it's the girl whos da boss!!1!!11) who is a mior villain somewhen. And a big sith beast that prvides your physical violence.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2006, 05:21 PM   #38
Henz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Oh one thing. A sithlord with NO LIGHTSABER!! Yes, give her a sithblade, a spear, a reaper, a 2 by 4, but nO LIGHTSABER. A n ice bladeborn tradition breaths new air to the red glowstick swinging people.
How about no weapon at all?
Maybe not even a physical fight.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-14-2006, 05:51 PM   #39
tbl
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henz
How about no weapon at all?
Maybe not even a physical fight.
That will be fun. The final boss battle will be decided in dialog.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:54 PM   #40
igyman
Tension!

Or simply in your skill with the Force. Imagine that, a final showdown with only the Force Powers that you've learned as your weapon. Now, imagine it with a realtime fighting system.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Ideas for sith lord bosses or otherwise--please nothing rediculous...