lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: WotOR
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-27-2006, 12:21 AM   #81
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimusPilus
Great job T7! I've been using your mods since CIS!

A quick question for you...do you know what specifically is modified in the baseitems.2da file?
Well I would hope I do. There are no changes to the 2da files that are included in the tslpatchdata folder. Those 2da's are there incase TSLpatcher does not detect any of the 2da files used in this mod. They are un-edited, it is the patchers job to edit the 2da's it finds in the override folder if it finds none then it copies the 2da files to override and edits them.

So to answer your question in order to see what is added to the 2da files you will need to run the tslpatcher.exe. Don't let the name scare you it will install the mod for use with KotOR and not TSL, I simply forgot to rename the installer exe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeutrachrist
I have to double check but I believe I am missing the t7_sherBlstrfl01.txi, because Sheruk's Rifle is still transparent. Everything else I've gotten so far is not, the jedi knight single saber was until I installed 1.1, Sheruk's still is.
All of the txi's are there, I just downloaded the mod from filefront and the files is in the rar, however the file is incorrect(there is a typo in the spelling of CM_Baremetal) and you should have downloaded and copied the files from my minor patch found in this post http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost....2&postcount=49 to your override folder. it includes the correct t7_sherBlstrfl01.txi plus a few other minor correction not included in the WotOR1.1 that is on filefront. Shem is aware of this, but I told him not to worry about getting my updated version up until after the holidays, because I uploaded the fixes in a rar on my isp's free webspace.

Last edited by T7nowhere; 12-27-2006 at 12:34 AM.
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2006, 04:39 AM   #82
kata_mad
Rookie

I have only just seen this mod and are downloading it right now, Does bastilia use her new saber on the SF as if she does I would like to know how you got around the whole invincible bastila issue (i.e. where there are 2 .uti files named the same on the SF)
kata_mad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2006, 05:26 AM   #83
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Yes, she does use the saber I made her.I wrote a simple script that adds the saber to her inventory for the fight scenes and during the ingame cuts she will be holding the saber, which is also scripted.

Ya, you can't touch those uti's on the SF without messing something else up.

It should have even been a simple matter to equipe the saber on her, but the dev responsible for those last couple of levels liked to use a scripting function that forces the npc to equipe the most powerfull melee weapon, and don't ask me why but the game seems to think that the default sabers are the most powerfull. So in the end I had to destroy the standard from her inventory and add another one of mine. The cut scene should be fairly seemless. ( I just realized that if you kill Bastila you might be able to loot 2 double lightsabers from her inventory) oh well

To put it simply, the Starforge was a pain in the butt.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #84
lactose_
Rookie

T7, would it be possible to let us know what those scripts look like? I tried to use DeNCS as you suggested but needless to say I couldn't get it to work... Reason I'm asking is because I want to equip all the dark-side Bastilas with Svosh's Revelation Robes.

Also, I've got another minor bug to report! Bastila's bastcrystlr.uti points to the yellow coloured crystal.
lactose_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2006, 10:52 AM   #85
PrimusPilus
Rookie

Thanks for the response T7, that makes sense then. Good to know my brain hasn't left me completely
PrimusPilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2006, 12:06 PM   #86
kata_mad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactose_
T7, would it be possible to let us know what those scripts look like? I tried to use DeNCS as you suggested but needless to say I couldn't get it to work... Reason I'm asking is because I want to equip all the dark-side Bastilas with Svosh's Revelation Robes.
Would that actually work, since the script pulls the lightsaber out at the begining of the fight, the robes would have to be there already. I do hope I am wrong because I have always wanted to have her fight in them.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:02 PM   #87
Rain128
Rookie

EDIT: Sorry seemed to work fine... weird =/

Last edited by Rain128; 12-27-2006 at 06:32 PM.
Rain128 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #88
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Quote:

Also, I've got another minor bug to report! Bastila's bastcrystlr.uti points to the yellow coloured crystal.
Whoopsy, I don't know how that slipped past. I Tested those SF scenes so many times. I've uploaded the fixed files, unfortunately in order for them to be used by the game you will need to load the module fresh. Meaning that it has to be the first time you enter the module.

More minor fixes

Code:
void main ()
{
object oNPC1 = GetObjectByTag("sta_bastila", 0);
	CreateItemOnObject("bastsbrr",oNPC1);
	DestroyObject(GetObjectByTag("g_w_drkjdisbr002"));
ExecuteScript("ok_psta_pcwalk", OBJECT_SELF);
}
The above script is the one used to make bastila pull out and use the double lightsaber I made her. So if you wanted to have her equiped with svösh's robe you would need to use a script like the one below.
Code:
void main ()
{
	object oRobe = GetItemInSlot(1, oNPC1);

object oNewRobe = CreateItemOnObject("g_a_clothes03",oNPC1);	

if (GetIsObjectValid (oRobe))
        {
        DestroyObject(oRobe);
        }
	AssignCommand(oNPC1, ActionEquipItem(oNewRobe,1));
}
That script should work, now that you have the script you need to trigger it. I used a script from the game "k_psta_cutwait" and renamed it to "ok_psta_cutwait"
Code:
void main()
{
               ExecuteScript("ok_psta_cutwait", OBJECT_SELF);
               ExecuteScript("t7_bastrsbr", OBJECT_SELF);
               ExecuteScript("bast_E_Robe", OBJECT_SELF);
}
The part of the above script in cyan would be your script name. I named it bast_E_Robe because it would be euqiping the evil looking robe on her. Save the last script and name it k_psta_cutwait and compile the script, drop it along with the script to equip her robe and when you enter that module she will hopefully be wearing the robe.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:00 PM   #89
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Well, I made it so you can have Bastila equip Svosh's Bastila Revelation robes by doing some appearance.2da changes. I had Bastila make a swap. What I switched is the Bastila clothing section into the robe section, and had the robe codes into the clothing section. Then have the dark side version of the robes coded under the Dark Jedi robes.

It also makes a switch that I want. Having Bastila wear Jedi robes at the end celebration.

Quote:
This is probably why it's good that T7 is holding off sending in a updated version so that more bugs can be reported before he has me upload an updated version.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2006, 05:46 PM   #90
TheNeutrachrist
Rookie

I had missed that first patch, thought it was part of the WoToR 1.1 update, thanx T7!

TheNeutrachrist is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2006, 08:33 PM   #91
Master Demonius
Rookie

has n e 1 else encouterd a bug where bastilla doesnt show up when ur in the laviethin interogation room

Translation: Has anyone else encountered a bug where Bastila doesn't show up when you are in the Leviathan interrogation room?

Mod note: Please make at least a token attempt to use proper English. This is a forum, not an instant messenger or a chatroom. ~M

Last edited by stoffe -mkb-; 12-27-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Master Demonius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2006, 08:42 AM   #92
kata_mad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T7nowhere
So if you wanted to have her equiped with svösh's robe you would need to use a script like the one below.
Code:
void main ()
{
	object oRobe = GetItemInSlot(1, oNPC1);

object oNewRobe = CreateItemOnObject("g_a_clothes03",oNPC1);	

if (GetIsObjectValid (oRobe))
        {
        DestroyObject(oRobe);
        }
	AssignCommand(oNPC1, ActionEquipItem(oNewRobe,1));
}
That script should work, now that you have the script you need to trigger it. I used a script from the game "k_psta_cutwait" and renamed it to "ok_psta_cutwait"
Code:
void main()
{
               ExecuteScript("ok_psta_cutwait", OBJECT_SELF);
               ExecuteScript("t7_bastrsbr", OBJECT_SELF);
               ExecuteScript("bast_E_Robe", OBJECT_SELF);
}
The part of the above script in cyan would be your script name. I named it bast_E_Robe because it would be euqiping the evil looking robe on her. Save the last script and name it k_psta_cutwait and compile the script, drop it along with the script to equip her robe and when you enter that module she will hopefully be wearing the robe.
If anybody tries this and getis it to work is it possible to PM me and I will give you an email address to send it to because I would not know how to script it if it was right in front of me.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:03 AM   #93
lactose_
Rookie

Ooh, thanks for the scripts T7!

I suppose a similar one is used for Bastila on the Unknown World. But can I ask why? Especially when her .utc there is unique?
Old 12-28-2006, 03:08 PM   #94
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Quote:
Ooh, thanks for the scripts T7!

I suppose a similar one is used for Bastila on the Unknown World. But can I ask why? Especially when her .utc there is unique?
Because I know there are already several mods out there that already edit her utc so I scripted it. However I took a shortcut and just edited all of the other Bastila utc's in that module to add my saber.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:48 PM   #95
lactose_
Rookie

^^^^^
Ok, noted.

Now, I know you must be getting tired of this, but I think I found another problem...

I was playing through the sta_m45ac to see your (original) scripts in action. And this is what happens:
- When the cutscene is played for Bastila, the flourishing of her saber as it is being equipped can be heard.
- She talks to Malak with non-ignited saber, and then goes into battle meditation mode with the same non-ignited saber.
- When the PC confronts her, she flourishes her saber, but there are no blades!

Note that I only tested this by warping straight to sta_m45ac w/o playing through the earlier part of the SF.

But I think scripting the saber to be equipped at the beginning of the cutscene is what causes this problem?

Last edited by lactose_; 12-29-2006 at 04:01 PM. Reason: reported wrong problem!
Old 12-29-2006, 04:28 PM   #96
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Because I know there are already several mods out there that already edit her utc so I scripted it. However I took a shortcut and just edited all of the other Bastila utc's in that module to add my saber.
If you are willing to go through the trouble you could make the installer modify the existing UTC (GFF) file in the override folder (if it exists) to insert the saber into Bastila's inventory directly without overwriting the whole UTC file. That should theoretically preserve compatibility with other mods modifying the same template (unless they also change her weapon, of course) without having to use scripts to give and equip the weapon.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2006, 05:22 PM   #97
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Quote:

But I think scripting the saber to be equipped at the beginning of the cutscene is what causes this problem?
All the script does is tell the saber to (basically)turn off. You see for some reason the "ActionEquipItem" command will sometimes make a saber ignite and flourish.

I did notice this problem with an early script trigger I had tried. But with the current scipts it should be fine. Hmm, I'll go through it again. Maybe it would be better to just remove that script all together.

lactose_, try the scene without this script "k_psta_cutwait.ncs in override.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe -mkb-
If you are willing to go through the trouble you could make the installer modify the existing UTC (GFF) file in the override folder (if it exists) to insert the saber into Bastila's inventory directly without overwriting the whole UTC file. That should theoretically preserve compatibility with other mods modifying the same template (unless they also change her weapon, of course) without having to use scripts to give and equip the weapon.
I am actually doing that now, I tried to get it done before the 20th(my deadline) but just ran out of time(as you know its quite a bit more work than editing a utc directly although I am glad you figured out a way to allow editing the struct trees) . Also scripting the sabers on the npc's was abit of a safety habit I picked up from making USM.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:48 PM   #98
lactose_
Rookie

Quote:
I did notice this problem with an early script trigger I had tried. But with the current scipts it should be fine. Hmm, I'll go through it again. Maybe it would be better to just remove that script all together.

lactose_, try the scene without this script "k_psta_cutwait.ncs in override.
All right, it works fine now! And the whole scene flows better too (unless one thinks that the action of flourishing a saber that was previously not in her hand is weird - but then many NPC dark jedi do that too).
Old 01-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #99
Mandalorian-Jed
Rookie

I was just wondering, what are the codes to get the weapons to spawn in-game?

I'm using the "Skip Taris" mod and I dont have Bastila's lightsaber like I should do
Mandalorian-Jed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2007, 09:24 AM   #100
Ghost Down

Exclamation

Hey, I had this idea for awhile, and I thought that I might aswell spit it out.

*drum roll* WotOR for TSL! *drum roll*

No, no.. Not one from scratch. Just convert some of the weapons from WotOR to TSL.
And not all of them, just some important ones. Like Canderous's blaster, it could be given to Mandolore (Does make sense.. Canderous and Mandalore are the same person.) And HK's AK! Perhaps you could even reskin HK's blaster and give it to the HK-50's and name it HK-50's Assassin Rifle or so. And Atton could be given a reskin of Carth's blaster. And I am quite sure that you will figure out which guns to give to which Party members and/or NPC's.

But ...

Is it possible to make it compatible with the USM?

Anyway.. I hope that you take some time to think about my idea!

- Ghost Down

Ghost Down is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2007, 05:04 AM   #101
shahz019
Lurker

T7, can you give another link for your mod? I've tried to download from FileFront, but it said that file not found. I dunno why...please help me...thx
shahz019 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2007, 01:15 PM   #102
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

It works fine for me from the US link. If your getting redirected to another page,try hitting the back button to return to the mod page.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:45 AM   #103
Jolly Boots
Rookie

Anyone else getting Bandon not spawning on Korriban? His Sith flankies appear but he doesn't. Causes the game to crash. =/
Jolly Boots is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2007, 05:23 AM   #104
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
^^^Do you have other mods involving Bandon installed (Shem's Super Enhanced, for example)? I've spent the week knitting those two mods together.

Speaking of which T7: I'm looking for Bandon's Manaan *.utc file. I found kas_bandon.utc, kor_bandon.utc, and tat_bandon.utc easily enough, but I can't find one for Manaan. I went to Hrakert (sp?) Station to see if he would show up wielding Svosh's saber, and of course he was, so I was wondering which file put the saber there.

Incredible job on the models, BTW!

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #105
Jolly Boots
Rookie

Nope. No other mods that modified Bandon.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:03 AM   #106
PrimusPilus
Rookie

Hey T7,

I hope you don't mind, but I would like to report to you a possible oversight with the MOD.

It seems that when you first meet Calo Nord in the Lower City Cantina on Taris, he does not have the new blasters equipped for the cut scene. You also have to initiate conversation with Calo before the cut-scene takes place. I might be wrong on that last part, however, I thought the cut-scene initiated when you walked through the cantina door past the pazzak player, not when you talked to Calo...

Also, when you go into the lower city apartments, in the second cut-scene with Calo, he doesn't weild any blasters at all, he just fights bare knuckled, which is kinda cool, but, the blaster models are too good not to show off at every opportunity .
PrimusPilus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2007, 11:59 AM   #107
Ghost Down

Strange, those scenes worked okay for me ..

- Ghost Down

Ghost Down is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2007, 12:15 PM   #108
Jolly Boots
Rookie

Same.

As for the Korriban Bandon scenes, the problems were with the inventory which were mixed up (compared the inventories to the tat_bandon utc file and made the inventory changes from that.) Popped in the new UTC and it worked perfectly. Lightsaber was in the inventory (not equipped) and what was equipped was g_a_class4006.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #109
MdKnightR

Where can I download that mod you made that gives Malak a gold and black with metallic eyes appearance? And is it compatible with WotoR?

Last edited by MdKnightR; 01-08-2007 at 09:52 AM.
MdKnightR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2007, 09:52 AM   #110
Ken
Rookie

MdKnightR, I am pretty sure Wotor is compatible with the Bastila Revelation Robes. I installed both and nothing needed to be overwritten, but who knows? Also Wotor is sadly not compatible with Sherruk Attacks with Lightsabers, Redhawke's Revan/Sith/Bastila Item Pack, Blaster/Armor/Droid/Misc Item Pack, and the Xia Terashai Set, until T7 gets around to including the utc modification, which would make only Redhawke's mods that I already mentioned incompatible. Ugh, that was a huge run on sentance. Sorry for the short list, these are the only mods that I was using for Kotor I, too lazy to look through all of pcgamemods and knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront. Still like I said, I'm not sure, somebody should double check just in case. Well how's that for a first post. Oh yeah and before I forget awesome mod T7, always knew you'd get it out.

-Ken

Last edited by Ken; 01-09-2007 at 08:20 PM. Reason: errors in names and other things along with mod list
Ken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2007, 06:39 PM   #111
Q
The one who knocks

^^^OK. While this may be true, this mod can be made compatible with other mods by reading the installog and looking for errors, and editing the files in question.

It would also help to read this entire thread. By doing so you would see that Bastila Hardcore and Malak Improved have already been addressed.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Old 01-09-2007, 06:36 PM   #112
Ken
Rookie

Yep, you're absolutely correct Qliveur. This mini list was simply made to save a few people some time in looking for which mods they would have to edit files to make it compatible with Wotor. Sorry once again for the small list. Can't believe I forgot that Bastila Hardcore, Malak Improved, and Juhani's Dark Robe/Sanctuary Threads were already mentioned, shame on me, shame on me.

-Ken

Last edited by Ken; 01-09-2007 at 08:19 PM. Reason: found more errors
Ken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2007, 12:11 AM   #113
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
If I may ask Ken, since you looked into it, what files are the ones that clash with my item pack mods?

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2007, 01:09 AM   #114
Q
The one who knocks

@RH:

From your Revan/Sith/Bastila Item Pack:
dan14_sherruk.utc
g_w_lghtsbr06.uti
kor39_yuthura.utc
tar03_brejik031.utc
tar03_selven031.utc

From your Blasters/Armor/Droid Item Pack:
p_hk47.utc
p_jolee.utc
p_juhani.utc

Nothing I could find in your RTW/SF booster.

-Toker
Old 01-10-2007, 08:05 AM   #115
kata_mad
Rookie

The only one that really is a problem would be the g_w_lghtsbr06.uti file as all the other .utc files are just for telling the game what to equip them with when they jion your party. These can easily be amended with KTto include other items from this mod.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:08 AM   #116
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
You will have to merge T7's and my .utc files, see I equipped certain NPC's with some of my items to buff them up when you face them and make the worn items lootable. I can't say what T7 did.

The g_w_lghtsbr06.uti you can overwrite as it doesn't really affect anything (it is a file I should have removed, but I was a little lazy)

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2007, 02:51 AM   #117
MdKnightR

T7nowhere, I hope that you can give me some advice. I want to make Bastilla's saber color something other than yellow (I hate yellow). I have hex-edited the w_dblsbr_250.mdl file to point to a color that I made specifically for it, but it still turns out to be the default yellow when she wields it. Am I missing something?

Old 01-11-2007, 03:24 AM   #118
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

^^^You need to make sure that you edit all 8 references to the texture color.The easyest method is to use mdlops renamer function. The instructions for it are in the apps readme.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #119
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Sorry for taking so long to comment, but I just finished another play through with your mod installed. It is one of the best mods ever made and it has a permanent place reserved in my override folder. Thank you, and all of those that helped you with this mod. I want you to know all your hard work is really appreciated. Thank you, for sharing your creation with us and allowing us to continue to enjoy this wonderful game. Great work and great mod!

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2007, 01:47 AM   #120
MdKnightR

Quote:
^^^You need to make sure that you edit all 8 references to the texture color.The easyest method is to use mdlops renamer function. The instructions for it are in the apps readme.
Thanks for the help. Now it looks great! However, when it comes time for Bastilla to hold Malak off while you make a run for the Ebon Hawk on the Leviathan, she enters the scene with a yellow saber, but finishes with the custom silver blade that I made for it. Is there any way to fix this?

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > WotOR