lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: WotOR
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #121
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
^^^ Did you overwrite the original yellow saber model? I say this because I made only 2 models for her, yellow and red, so a straight overwrite of the yellow is what you need to do.
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2007, 12:55 AM   #122
MdKnightR

If you mean name my silver color w_lsabreyelo01.tga instead of having it as its own file, then no I didn't. Even though I really dislike yellow as a saber blade color, I didn't want to take it out of the game completely. I want Bastilla to have her own unique color while other sentinels encountered during the game still wield yellow blades. Is there no other way to get around my issue?

MdKnightR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2007, 02:48 AM   #123
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdKnightR
Is there no other way to get around my issue?
I meant did you overwrite the Bastila's yellow saber model with the model you edited. Not did you overwrite the games yellow saber color. What I'm getting at is that I want to know if you overwrote the model so that the uti files still use the same model number, because if you had then there should be no way that Bastila could still have a Yellow Saber.

Edit: In the scene you mentioned a few posts back did you mean that Bastila had a yellow game saber or that she had the yellow saber I made?
Old 01-13-2007, 03:36 AM   #124
MdKnightR

Quote:
Originally Posted by T7nowhere
I meant did you overwrite the Bastila's yellow saber model with the model you edited. Not did you overwrite the games yellow saber color. What I'm getting at is that I want to know if you overwrote the model so that the uti files still use the same model number, because if you had then there should be no way that Bastila could still have a Yellow Saber.

Edit: In the scene you mentioned a few posts back did you mean that Bastila had a yellow game saber or that she had the yellow saber I made?
Yes, I did overwrite the model with the one I edited. She plays out the entire scene wielding the model you made. At the beginning of the scene, her blade is yellow. At the end of the scene (as Carth is yelling "NO!") she is battling Malak with the silver blade that I conjured up. At any other place in the game prior to that scene, she wields it as a silver saber like I want her to. I know it sounds strange, but that is the way its doing it.

EDIT: Actually, its hard to tell, but I think she may be entering the scene with a default yellow saber model, but she definitely ends it with the one you made.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:18 PM   #125
MdKnightR

I confirmed it. She enters the scene with a default yellow saber hilt. I couldn't tell clearly that that was so because I had installed another hilt in its place. I went back and removed that hilt so I could tell for sure that was what she was holding, and it is. I don't understand why she begins the scene with a default and ends it with your saber.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:37 PM   #126
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Do you have any other mods that would affect that module? I'm trying to remember if I had to script the saber on her or if its the same one that she has when malak freezes her and Carth.

I know I wrote one script that destroys her normal saber from the pc's inventory just before Malak fights her, the reason I did this is because the game would be using the "bast_temp_saber.uti" to attack Malak.

Have you modified that uti? It should be pointing to model Var 250.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:51 AM   #127
MdKnightR

OK!!! Now I know what was going on. I was using an old savegame that was saved after the Revan revelation sequence. I had forgotten that I had gotten rid of Bastilla's saber early in that old game. Evidently, the game was placing the default one in her hand to begin the sequence since it wasn't in the inventory to begin with. When I went back to a prior save and played up to that point, everything worked out beautifully. Sorry about the confusion and thanks for being patient with me.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:03 AM   #128
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

cool, I'm glad you got it worked out.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:41 PM   #129
MdKnightR

Just thought you might like to see what I did with it. I think your hilt design looks awesome with my custom silver blade. What do you think?

Sorry that screenshot is from a really dark scene. It looks bright white in the an outdoors environment.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:01 PM   #130
Kainzorus Prime
My vision is augmented

Current Game: Deus Ex series
Contest winner - Modding 
I'm encountering a problem with Bandon on Korriban. When I enter the Valley of the Dark Lords, regular cutscene starts, but only two sith thugs appear and Bandon is missing. Shortly afterwards game crashes. It is odd because he worked fine during Endar Spire attack (with RTW/SF/BP and WotOR 1.1 installed) Only other mod I use is RH's Revan The White/StarForge/Booster Pack, but that too has TSL Patcher install.

Edit: I just checked, same bug appears on Kashyyyk in Shadowlands. I assume it could happen on Tatooine and Manaan but I'm aready past those.

Edit 2: It seems bug is within Bandon.utc files for each planet. After removing those, Bandon appears but he weilds his regular double bladed saber.

Last edited by Kainzorus Prime; 01-16-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Kainzorus Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2007, 02:27 PM   #131
Jolly Boots
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DK-
I'm encountering a problem with Bandon on Korriban. When I enter the Valley of the Dark Lords, regular cutscene starts, but only two sith thugs appear and Bandon is missing. Shortly afterwards game crashes. It is odd because he worked fine during Endar Spire attack (with RTW/SF/BP and WotOR 1.1 installed) Only other mod I use is RH's Revan The White/StarForge/Booster Pack, but that too has TSL Patcher install.

Edit: I just checked, same bug appears on Kashyyyk in Shadowlands. I assume it could happen on Tatooine and Manaan but I'm aready past those.

Edit 2: It seems bug is within Bandon.utc files for each planet. After removing those, Bandon appears but he weilds his regular double bladed saber.
Had the exact same problem. Easily fixed.

Quote:
As for the Korriban Bandon scenes, the problems were with the inventory which were mixed up (compared the inventories to the tat_bandon utc file and made the inventory changes from that.) Popped in the new UTC and it worked perfectly. Lightsaber was in the inventory (not equipped) and what was equipped was g_a_class4006.
Jolly Boots is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2007, 02:50 PM   #132
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Quote:

Had this problem too on Korriban.

I solved it by extracting the original kor_bandon UTC using KT, and then copying the items in Bandon's inventory (the list of stuff below, not the stuff equipped to his body...) from the one supplied by T7

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2007, 03:23 PM   #133
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

I'll look into it, this is odd though as it worked fine in my tests. I didn't just add the items though, I also edited his feats so that he would have single wielding instead of double.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #134
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
I'll look into it, this is odd though as it worked fine in my tests.
It also worked for me when I beta tested each module for Bandon.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2007, 11:31 AM   #135
Kainzorus Prime
My vision is augmented

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Demonius
has n e 1 else encouterd a bug where bastilla doesnt show up when ur in the laviethin interogation room

Translation: Has anyone else encountered a bug where Bastila doesn't show up when you are in the Leviathan interrogation room?

Mod note: Please make at least a token attempt to use proper English. This is a forum, not an instant messenger or a chatroom. ~M
This wasn't answered, and I have encountered same bug.

Last edited by Kainzorus Prime; 01-17-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:03 PM   #136
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
^Actually, now that I remember, I've had that one, too.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2007, 02:44 PM   #137
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Quote:
Quote:
has n e 1 else encouterd a bug where bastilla doesnt show up when ur in the laviethin interogation room

Translation: Has anyone else encountered a bug where Bastila doesn't show up when you are in the Leviathan interrogation room?

Mod note: Please make at least a token attempt to use proper English. This is a forum, not an instant messenger or a chatroom. ~M
Nope, I have never encountered that, but I don't think it has anything to do with WotOR considering nothing in that module was edited.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:13 PM   #138
Kainzorus Prime
My vision is augmented

Contest winner - Modding 
I have a theory tough it might not be the answer. Before Leviathan I had Bastila equiped in Dark Jedi robes, which after takeoff, leaves her in dark side underwear (one after Taris swooprace). Maybe the module doesn't recognize it but that's just a theory.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:12 PM   #139
Shrub91
Rookie

WotOR problem

I'm having a problem with Bandon when I exit (to the valley) the Sith Academy on Korriban. KotOR just CTDs on me when it finishes loading..... Any help would be appreciated.

Mod note: Merged question thread into the main WOTOR thread. ~M

Last edited by stoffe; 01-19-2007 at 05:41 PM.
Shrub91 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2007, 03:53 AM   #140
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrub91
I'm having a problem with Bandon when I exit (to the valley) the Sith Academy on Korriban. KotOR just CTDs on me when it finishes loading..... Any help would be appreciated.
I think I know why T7's Tatooine, Kashyyyk, and Korriban UTC files of Darth Bandon are causing people's games to crash and why did didn't when I beta tested it and why it didn't crash in T7's game and others. Manaan won't be a problem since T7 scripted Bandon's lightsaber in his hand instead of a UTC file change. That also means Bandon's armor is not equipped to him, but in his inventory.

T7 put Bandon's fiber armor equipped to his clothing slot. The game doesn't have him wear it by default. Bioware just put it in his inventory. The reason why it's crashing on lots of different people is that my appearance.2da file is altered so that I can have Bandon's appearance and wear different types of armor and robes. I'm willing to bet that T7's appearance.2da file is set to that also which is probably why both of us didn't think about that being a problem when testing it. The game by default isn't set for that. I did that so I can use Bandon's appearance for mod test purposes.

I also notice that if you have Darth333's recruit Darth Bandon mod, she changed the appearance.2da file on Bandon's row so that he could wear clothing and armor so those who are using that mod shouldn't have any problems with T7's mod.

All you have to do is edit his files so that the armor isn't equiped on him, but in his inventory. Or you can edit his equipment slots in your appearance.2da file. His row number is 184. One or both of those solutions will fix your problems.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Old 01-20-2007, 04:17 AM   #141
Ghost Down

Could you post instructions on how to do this, Shem?

- Ghost Down

Ghost Down is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2007, 03:18 PM   #142
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Woopsy, Thanks for finding that shem. Ok I edited my files and here is 1.02 to 1.03 patch the only thing this rar includes are the 3 utc bandon utc files.

Sorry about that guys.

To install, extract the files and copy and paste them over the same files in your override folder.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:13 PM   #143
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Sorry about that guys.
No worries. Thanks for the update.

I've encountered a little, game-breaking problem of my own. It happens on the bridge of the Leviathan after you take out Saul Karath and his guard. Something is keeping his dying dialogue from firing. He just lies there after you defeat him and nothing is said. Since I don't have any of Karath's .gff files in my override, and I've noticed that there's a custom script that arms Karath with your custom hold-out blaster, and then a couple more written for that particular module, I was wondering if one of them might be breaking the dialogue.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2007, 03:48 PM   #144
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Sorry I can't think of anything from my mod that could break that dialogue.

I have 3 scripts for that module. The first(k_plev_40ad_en.ncs) is a replacement for the original, it just fires the Original script(ok_plev_40ad_en.ncs) and then my weapon replacement script(saul_hob_rplc.ncs).

My inicial thought is of a conflicting utc or script attached to the utc or dialogue. Do you have any other mods that mod that module.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:14 PM   #145
Q
The one who knocks

Well, I feel stupid.

It wasn't your scripts at all; it was the altered .GFF file "n_darkjedim001.utc" that I had put in my override to buff the dark jedi in the game.

I didn't think that that would prevent the dialogue from firing. Problem solved.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Old 01-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #146
Mandalorian-Jed
Rookie

Everything has worked perfectly so far, however when I set off from the Unknown World to set foot on the Star Forge, the game just stays on a black screen. I can hear the music and can flourish my lightsabers, but can't pause or do anything

Help would be greatly appreciated.
Mandalorian-Jed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #147
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Load a save game prior to the module you are stuck in and try to go tot he star forge again.

Sometimes the game will produce odd little glitches like that.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:22 PM   #148
Mandalorian-Jed
Rookie

No that still didn't work

"You see this hand? It is mine! You see these things? They are mine!"
Old 01-26-2007, 05:09 PM   #149
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

What other mods do you have installed. If any others , do you know if they modify that area on the starforge.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:16 PM   #150
Mandalorian-Jed
Rookie

That's a point, I have dozens of others installed, but none that affect the StarForge. Or none that I can recall.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:17 AM   #151
Q
The one who knocks

^^^
If you're talking about the Ebon Hawk cutscene that takes place on the way to the Star Forge, I've had this problem too. More than likely it's some .utc file(s) that modifies either Bastila, Carth, or both. If there are any in your override folder, take them out, and then replace them once you make it to the Star Forge.

-Toker
Old 01-27-2007, 01:34 PM   #152
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Running perfectly

Made me re-install the game. All these new weapons make boss fights and NPC conversations so more rewarding. It adds unique-ness to every party member, a thing that annoyed me with the original.
Every Jedi (Juhanni, Jolee) seemded to have made their own sabers, but for the PC, they were just that 'silvery tubes' instead of story enhancing items like they are now.

Good job Really love the new 'bad-ass' Baca Blade

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #153
TheNeutrachrist
Rookie

Quote:
Having the same issue with Bastilla and the Leviathan. Only other mods, are the one that alters Jolee Bindos clothes and Juhani's sanctuary robes, Revan Mask 2.0, Part of Revan the White, WotOR, Malak looks like Vader, Dead Eye Duncan on Manaan, RH Enhanced Sabers, RH Construction Bench and the RH Elder Merchant mod.

TheNeutrachrist is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2007, 06:42 PM   #154
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

^^^
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nope, I have never encountered that, but I don't think it has anything to do with WotOR considering nothing in that module was edited.
See above Quote.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:36 AM   #155
MdKnightR

I just got through playing out the LaShowe (sp?) story on Korriban. When I fought her, she was wielding a regular green lightsaber and I was able to loot it from her after the battle. I seem to remember her having a red one all the other times I've played through. Was this part of the WotoR mod?

Old 01-28-2007, 03:43 PM   #156
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
I just got through playing out the LaShowe (sp?) story on Korriban. When I fought her, she was wielding a regular green lightsaber and I was able to loot it from her after the battle. I seem to remember her having a red one all the other times I've played through. Was this part of the WotoR mod?
It's not. It's probably from either another mod, or you did it yourself unknowningly.

Check your override for this file, "kor36_lashowe.utc". Open it and look in the inventory. It's probably edited to a green lightsaber (g_w_lghtsbr03) instead of a red (g_w_drkjdisbr001). How you got that in your override is anybody's guess, but it's not from the WotOR. In fact, just to make sure, check your download file of this mod and see if the "kor36_lashowe.utc" file is in there just to put your mind at ease.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:28 PM   #157
MdKnightR

I found out where it came from. It was from the "Bastila and Female Revan, the untold love story" mod. It is the only UTC file in there for some reason. There's nothing mentioned about it in that mod's readme file either. I kinda liked it in a way. It made me think..."well maybe she left the Jedi order and hadn't earned her red crystal yet." But it was confusing since she had a red saber elsewhere in the game (I know this because of the custom hilt that I have assigned to all red sabers). You said "g_w_drkjdisbr001" should be in there instead? I thought it would have been g_w_lghtsbr02.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:07 PM   #158
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
You said "g_w_drkjdisbr001" should be in there instead? I thought it would have been g_w_lghtsbr02.
You can look up the original one in the KOTOR Tool. It really doesn't matter which one of the two is there as long as you get your red lightsaber, right?

Old 01-29-2007, 03:19 AM   #159
MdKnightR

I just completed Korriban...

spoiler:
and converted Yuthura to the light side. I really loved her saber designs and had hoped that perhaps she would award me her sith saber when I met up with her on Dantooine. You know, saying something about how she didn't have a use for it anymore.

I still wish you had included Master Uthar's doubleblade in this mod. It seemed out of place to have him with a common doubleblade while Yuthura had 2 awesome hilts.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:39 AM   #160
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Quote:
I still wish you had included Master Uthar's doubleblade in this mod. It seemed out of place to have him with a common doubleblade while Yuthura had 2 awesome hilts.
I lost it, along with 50 other max scenes and unfortunately I didn't have the time nor inclination to make a new model.

You can always just replace Uthars double bladed saber for a custom model from another mod.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > WotOR