lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: WotOR
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-28-2008, 05:48 PM   #281
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganoesparan06 View Post
Ive just noticed here.

Is it intentional that jolee's lightsaber is not upgradeable? as well as chuundars bowcaster?
yes.
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2008, 06:24 AM   #282
ganoesparan06
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T7nowhere View Post
yes.
Sorry I know its a bit of a stupid question but any particular reason why?

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Colonel Corazon Santiago, Spartan Battle Manual : SMAC
ganoesparan06 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2008, 02:06 AM   #283
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganoesparan06 View Post
Sorry I know its a bit of a stupid question but any particular reason why?
Well Jolee's was a cobbled together from scrapes so it was pretty much upgraded as much as he could make it.

As for the bowcaster. I don't recall what my reasoning was to make it not upgradeable . I felt I made both weapons were pretty powerfull so upgrading them was not really nessesary.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:37 AM   #284
The Genius
Rookie

Hi all.

I had an issue with this mod where Jolee's saber is not usable by anyone as it requires Master Guard Stance. Is this regular?

I had to cheat in Jolee's saber and Bastila's saber as they did not show up in game. Jolee was using his saber when I first met him, but it swapped to an ordinary one once he became selectable.

Calo Nord's pistols also appear as Cassus Fett Pistols when you're upgrading them at a workbench.
The Genius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 01:54 PM   #285
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Hey, I'm glad someone's brought this thread back up because I had a question: This mod has provided Juhani with two unique lightsabers to start out with: one red and one blue, each containing the red and blue variations of the new "Master Quatra's lightsaber," respectively. When you fight Juhani in the grove, she uses the red saber. How would I edit what ever appropriate file in order to get her to use the blue version of the new saber that the author has created?

My reasoning is that just because someone has fallen to the dark side does not mean that their the color their saber's blade automatically changes to red. (Yes, it can be reasoned that she visited the crystal cave and switched the crystal, and then switched it back when she returned to the enclave, but let's ignore that.) Darth Vader continues to wield his blue lightsaber in Revenge of the Sith for roughly half of the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 02:35 PM   #286
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
Hey, I'm glad someone's brought this thread back up because I had a question: This mod has provided Juhani with two unique lightsabers to start out with: one red and one blue, each containing the red and blue variations of the new "Master Quatra's lightsaber," respectively. When you fight Juhani in the grove, she uses the red saber. How would I edit what ever appropriate file in order to get her to use the blue version of the new saber that the author has created?

My reasoning is that just because someone has fallen to the dark side does not mean that their the color their saber's blade automatically changes to red. (Yes, it can be reasoned that she visited the crystal cave and switched the crystal, and then switched it back when she returned to the enclave, but let's ignore that.) Darth Vader continues to wield his blue lightsaber in Revenge of the Sith for roughly half of the film.
I thought that way too, so I changed Juhani's lightsaber from red to blue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoubDuSgSys

What you need to do is edit dan14_juhani.utc file and switch the weapon from "t7_quatrasbrred.uti" to "t7_quatrasbr.uti".

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Genius View Post
Hi all.

I had an issue with this mod where Jolee's saber is not usable by anyone as it requires Master Guard Stance. Is this regular?

I had to cheat in Jolee's saber and Bastila's saber as they did not show up in game. Jolee was using his saber when I first met him, but it swapped to an ordinary one once he became selectable.

Calo Nord's pistols also appear as Cassus Fett Pistols when you're upgrading them at a workbench.
Sounds like you had some of the files that T7 edited already in your override folder from other mods. When installing it with the TSL Patcher, did it give notices that it skipped some files?

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2008, 02:44 PM   #287
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Genius View Post
Hi all.

That is odd, Do you have any other mods that might affect Jolee? Such as replacing his UTC. I didn't use any scripts to add the saber to him I just edited his UTC file.

Calo's pistols are not upgradeable. You shoudn't have the option to upgrade them.

@Zerimar Nyliram: ya Juhani thought that she was full on evil sith kitty so when she found a red crystal she swapped it.

If you want to meet her with the Blue then you can edit the UTC "dan14_juhani" included with my mod.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:51 AM   #288
The Genius
Rookie

Thanks for the help guys.

I've installed quite a few mods.
WotOR (with both patches)
Carth republic armor mod
New Look Juhani
New Darth Malak and Bandon
Sith robes on Korriban students
Redhawke's construction bench mods
kamino eugenics chamber
Ord Mandell
KOTOR Jedi Robe Model Mod
Visual Effects Mod (gets rid of flurry glow etc)
Invisible head gear

I can't think of anything that would change Jolee as such. Anything I'm missing?

Great job on WotOR by the way. Makes another playthrough worthwhile.

EDIT - I noticed that Jedi Robes by Achilles alters Jolee's files. Could this be the cause?

Last edited by The Genius; 10-31-2008 at 04:14 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:53 PM   #289
The Genius
Rookie

EDIT 2: Have done a clean install of KotOR. Have installed all mods and now installed WotOR.

Here are the 7 warnings I got:
Warning: A file named tar03_brejik031.utc already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
Warning: A file named unk43_theone.utc already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
Warning: A file named p_jolee.utc already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
Warning: A file named dan14_sherruk.utc already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
Warning: A file named kas_bandon.utc already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
Warning: A file named kor_bandon.utc already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...
Warning: A file named tat_bandon.utc already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file...

I guess this explains the issues I had on my last playthrough. Looks like the problems are caused trying to run Achilles Robes mod and WotOR at the same time. Shem's Sherruk mod may also interfere but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Edit - Just complete the battle against Brejik and sure enough, new robes but Bastila's saber is a standard Double Blader.

Guess these two mods are incompatible.

Last edited by The Genius; 10-31-2008 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Test Complete
Old 11-01-2008, 03:36 AM   #290
Shem
Master of the Force

@The Genius:

You'll either have to choose which files you want to use, or you'll have to learn to make simple edits with the KOTOR Tool to make them compatible with each other. If I were you, I would try out the KOTOR Tool as you will see that it is very user friendly.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Old 11-01-2008, 04:21 AM   #291
The Genius
Rookie

I'll give it a try. Thank you for the advice.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:48 PM   #292
Jolly Boots
Rookie

Just bringing up something that only happened when Carth had his new blasters. During the Malak cutscene on the Leviathan, instead of doing his normal "Down you go!" with his blasters, Carth switches to a vibroblade and attacks. This ends up looking awkward during some scenes as Carth has to run to Malak and then when he puts him and Bastila into stasis, the camera is on a blank spot where Carth should be - as if he used blasters, he wouldn't have moved.
Jolly Boots is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2008, 01:46 AM   #293
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Boots View Post
Just bringing up something that only happened when Carth had his new blasters. During the Malak cutscene on the Leviathan, instead of doing his normal "Down you go!" with his blasters, Carth switches to a vibroblade and attacks. This ends up looking awkward during some scenes as Carth has to run to Malak and then when he puts him and Bastila into stasis, the camera is on a blank spot where Carth should be - as if he used blasters, he wouldn't have moved.
Yeah, that's because Carth's blaster is using a new line in the baseitems.2da file instead of the original set by BioWare. T7 did that because he wanted to give Carth a new laser color (I think T7 set it to green - it's been a while since I have played K1) instead of the traditional red one. Unfortunately with some areas of the game, it doesn't like added new weapon types, which is why the game makes a switch like with the situation you described.

If you know how to use the KOTOR Tool, open up the carth_temp_gun.uti file. You will notice in the "Base Item" section will be a red bar. Just click that and change it to a Blaster Pistol and that will solve your problem; however Carth will shoot red lasers again just for that scene.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:09 PM   #294
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
I thought that way too, so I changed Juhani's lightsaber from red to blue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoubDuSgSys

What you need to do is edit dan14_juhani.utc file and switch the weapon from "t7_quatrasbrred.uti" to "t7_quatrasbr.uti".
The file won't open correctly. Z-Zip only opens it as a duplicate of the folder it is located in, KOTOR Tool opens it as if I had opened KOTOR Tool itself without having opened a specific file using the program, and Notepad and Wordpad show nothing but gibberish when I try to open it with them.

Can you (or anyone) possibly edit this file for me and put it here as an attachment, or send it to me? (See my previous post to find out what I want done.)

Thanks.

Quote:
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Old 11-08-2008, 12:44 AM   #295
The Genius
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem View Post
@The Genius:

You'll either have to choose which files you want to use, or you'll have to learn to make simple edits with the KOTOR Tool to make them compatible with each other. If I were you, I would try out the KOTOR Tool as you will see that it is very user friendly.
Success! Thanks to Shem, T7Nowhere and Achilles for all of the help.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:08 PM   #296
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
With the request I made about Juhani's lightsaber?

Quote:
Old 11-09-2008, 02:48 AM   #297
The Genius
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram View Post
With the request I made about Juhani's lightsaber?
I'll have a go at the saber thing. PM me your email address. No guarantees it'll be bug free though.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:42 PM   #298
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Have done so. I can't see how it would be buggy as it seems like a very simple edit from the way Shem described it. The problem is that I just can't open the kriffing file.

Quote:
Old 11-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #299
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Try this. It's a 2 second edit in GFF Editor.

Last edited by DarthParametric; 11-13-2008 at 12:34 AM.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2008, 04:32 PM   #300
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Thanks!

Nevermind, The Genius.

Quote:
Old 06-16-2009, 05:00 PM   #301
ganoesparan06
Rookie

I know this thread has dissapeared away down again but I am wondering something...

I noticed that Bastila's red lightsaber crystal doesnt have an icon. I think it had it in 1.1 of WotOR but not in 1.2 onwards.
Its just a little white square.

I have been poking about with KotOR Tool to try and fix it but to no avail. Any suggestions on how to?

"Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate." - Colonel Corazon Santiago, Spartan Battle Manual : SMAC
ganoesparan06 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2009, 07:48 AM   #302
Carsew
Rookie

This mod is awesome! I love it and so, but I have one question: The Jedi Knight single saber (from Sherruk) has a really thin blade, is it supposed to be that way, or is there something wrong with my game. Thanks in advance!

// Carsew
Carsew is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #303
neverable2
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR and TSL
is this mod compatible with shem's super enhanced mod?
neverable2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 01:40 PM   #304
DarthJacen
Forumite

Only if you install that mod, first. WOTOR will then use the TSL Patcher to make it compatible.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild
DarthJacen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #305
neverable2
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR and TSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJacen View Post
Only if you install that mod, first. WOTOR will then use the TSL Patcher to make it compatible.
yes, but i heard that WotOR uses the default base damages (like lightsabers do 16-20 damage, while SEM does 40-50 damage) so doesen't WotOR make super enhanced mod unbalanced?
neverable2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 03:08 PM   #306
DarthJacen
Forumite

No, because SEM uses the uti files instead, so those just add on to the baseitems.2da amount.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild
DarthJacen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #307
maugomale
Rookie

I've been wondering about the whole SEM and WotOR compatibility for some time. After much thinking and frustration, I decided to leave WotOR out of my Override folder. So, if I install SEM and install WotOR right after that, there won't be any problems? At all?
maugomale is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2009, 10:31 PM   #308
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
Sorry for bringing this topic back, but I just encountered a bug. I chose Kashyyyk as my third planet, and it goes smoothly until I descend into the Shadowlands. When the module loads up, Bandon and his goons turn to face me, but they don't do anything. I installed both of the patches.

I doubt it has anything to do with my other mods as they don't even effect this part of the game, but if it helps:

KOTOR Robe model
Grif Vindh's Padawan Mod
Uthar and Yuthura revisited
my own personal skins

Its not exactly a game breaking bug, but I would like to have Master svösh's great work.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2009, 02:35 AM   #309
R2-X2

Current Game: KotOR again. F*** yeah.
I don't know if that has been asked before, but what did you change in the ammunitiontypes.2da, and in the baseitems.2da?

Beep.
R2-X2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2009, 05:37 AM   #310
maugomale
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerGod View Post
Sorry for bringing this topic back, but I just encountered a bug. I chose Kashyyyk as my third planet, and it goes smoothly until I descend into the Shadowlands. When the module loads up, Bandon and his goons turn to face me, but they don't do anything. I installed both of the patches.

I doubt it has anything to do with my other mods as they don't even effect this part of the game, but if it helps:

KOTOR Robe model
Grif Vindh's Padawan Mod
Uthar and Yuthura revisited
my own personal skins

Its not exactly a game breaking bug, but I would like to have Master svösh's great work.
I know what happening to you. Hell, I've gone through the same thing myself. Luckily I know how to fix it.

You gotta have the Kotor Tool to edit a .utc file from the mod. I believe the name is kas_bandon.utc.

When you open it, you should notice that one of the spaces saying "kor_bandon". Change that to "kas_bandon", replace the original file, and you are good to go!
maugomale is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2009, 06:11 PM   #311
POINGjam
Lurker

My game is crashing every time I try to take the elevator from the detention level to the bridge on the Leviathan. I have this mod and the Female Revan/Bastila romance mod installed, but I'm guessing it's this one causing the crash since I haven't seen anyone complaining of crashes with the other one. Any suggestions on how to fix it? I've already deleted the Bastila 001 and 002 whatsitcalled files and patched the mod to 1.03, and my game is fully up to date.
POINGjam is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #312
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by POINGjam View Post
My game is crashing every time I try to take the elevator from the detention level to the bridge on the Leviathan. I have this mod and the Female Revan/Bastila romance mod installed, but I'm guessing it's this one causing the crash since I haven't seen anyone complaining of crashes with the other one. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
You could try deleting any Bastilia .utc and if there is a Bastila dialog file in the Override folder, then see if it doesn't crash. It's more likely a conflict to be honest. You can then try putting those files back in the Override folder and hopefully the game will run smoothly from then on.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #313
POINGjam
Lurker

I put back both the Bastila files and now it's working again. I guess I'll just need to swap them in and out for every crash.
POINGjam is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #314
Fluffybunny123
Rookie

hi there
I installed wotor and i just got bastilla into my party.
The problem is, bastila's light saber doesn't show up. she only gets the regular double lightsaber.
if it helps, (i don't think it matters) these are the mods i have installed:
Taris Reskin
Recruitable Kay
Party Reskin
and wotor (of course)

"Everyone who constantly scowls is smiling on the inside. That or they're burning with uncontrollable fury. Give 'em a hug to find out which it is."
From Game Informer
Fluffybunny123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2009, 07:56 PM   #315
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
My guess is that you didn't start a new game. I had the same problem, so I just started a new game, and rushed through to the point that I was last at.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #316
Fluffybunny123
Rookie

no, im playing from a brand, spanking new game. Thats not the problem. I've just finished the swoop race, but when i go to the equip screen, it only has a regular double bladed lightsaber

"Everyone who constantly scowls is smiling on the inside. That or they're burning with uncontrollable fury. Give 'em a hug to find out which it is."
From Game Informer
Old 12-05-2009, 09:05 AM   #317
Jammy-Jedi
Rookie

Did you loot Brejiks body at the end of the swoop race i think it should be there.

This is a story you will tell your grandchildren; and mightily bored they'll be.
Jammy-Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #318
Fluffybunny123
Rookie

that might be it. no wait, i have brejik's arm band and belt and gloves. that means i looted him, right?

From Game Informer
Old 12-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #319
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
Brejiks body gets looted no matter what. Either you pick it up before talking to Bastila or she goes and picks it up towards the end of the dialog.

deathdisco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #320
Fluffybunny123
Rookie

I have her lightsaber now. turns out that i have to actually click on him and loot him, other wise, bastila picks up a regular double lightsaber

From Game Informer
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > WotOR