lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Remove flashing red DP and the sound that it makes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-24-2006, 12:14 PM   #1
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Remove flashing red DP and the sound that it makes

A truly irritating feature of OJP.

It's unnecessary and it doesn't really do it's job. Your DP flashing red doesn't actually mean jack **** because you can usually still push rockets, deflect and parry like normal.

It confuses both the hell out of me and other newbs and it makes it impossible to read your exact DP level because of it's wild and flashing behaviour. Just make it stay green all the way down to 0, people will notice low DP without it.

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
JRHockney*

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
It's unnecessary and it doesn't really do it's job. Your DP flashing red doesn't actually mean jack **** because you can usually still push rockets, deflect and parry like normal.
No, but it does mean that one or two more unparried hits with a saber or a few more laser blasts (especially if your running) will kill you, so its not without its use. It also means your vulnerable to force power or superbreaks as well. I don't mind if the sound is taken out, but there should still be at least some sign that you're at critical.

Game screen name: Master Jon Hoc Ni

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
JRHockney* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2006, 02:48 PM   #3
TheShaman

I agree with Max, so it shouldn't be flashing, and it shouldn't do that annoying sound, but instead just make it change colour (red, as said previously) and it would be fine.
TheShaman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2006, 04:25 PM   #4
JackBaldy
Rookie

I personally would not mind if the flashing red stayed or was removed, but what I do find annoying is that ridiculous sound that plays when it is low... I wonder if it is removable manually by editing some files
JackBaldy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2006, 05:28 PM   #5
crail227
Rookie

maybe the sound can be replaced by some kind of heavy breathing to show fatigue?

^Sanjuro
crail227 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2006, 06:32 PM   #6
JackBaldy
Rookie

I tried seeing if I could find a sound file for it in the pk3's but I could not. Is there anyway to be able to replace it now with a pk3? I would gladly get rid of it
Old 12-25-2006, 04:38 AM   #7
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crail227
maybe the sound can be replaced by some kind of heavy breathing to show fatigue?
That has been suggested in a past, however, heavy breathing is kind of player specific sound. I suppose that we could maybe try using some of the player specific sounds (like the pain noises) but I'm not sure that would sound right. I'm honestly pretty happy with the current sound. I've gotten used to it and it's a GREAT indication that you're about to be toast.

However, I can understand if it's too overbearing. I'm open to having someone come up with a replacement noise.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2006, 06:42 AM   #8
UDM

I'm using hock's and kyle's sound pack. I like the heartbeat sound. It's better than woooh woooh imho because the heartbeat makes the situation seem more tense. Besides, wooh is kind of an irrelevant sound
UDM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2006, 09:13 AM   #9
JackBaldy
Rookie

UDM you mean there is a way to change it? That must mean there is a way to mute it, right? I would love that Where can I find these sound packs to see if I can mute it by using them as a template for my work?
Old 12-27-2006, 03:15 AM   #10
JackBaldy
Rookie

sounds->weapons->force->noforce.wav is the file, I managed to remove that sound, I have to thank JRHockney for giving me Jon and Kyle's sound pack that I used as a template for the removal pk3.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:16 PM   #11
madcatmach2
Rookie

really...,could i see this hart beat sound

madcatmach2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-27-2006, 08:46 PM   #12
UDM

PM your MSN contact to either me, hockney or anyone above who has it
UDM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Open Jedi Project (OJP) > Remove flashing red DP and the sound that it makes