lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Which Jedi class you use?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-15-2007, 09:00 PM   #41
Fredi
El Guapo

Yeah!!! just like me!!

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2007, 05:08 AM   #42
reven0123
Rookie

in k1 i use scout and jedi guardian and in k2 jedi guardian and jedi weapon master and that's it i hardly never play the the dark side i dont enjoy the game as much.

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." Darth Malak
reven0123 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2007, 07:35 AM   #43
mjpb3
Forumite

KotOR I - I play as a soldier to a Guardian. I LOVE force jumping! Plus, I just like the blunt force of a soldier/Guardian.

KotOR II - I play as a Guardian to a Weaponmaster mainly because I played this way in K1 and I am used to the force/feat progression of a Guardian. But I do occasionally play as a Consular to Jedi Master, though not as often, just when the mood strikes me.

LSF for both games... I can't "do" darkside--and mean it!

(I also use modded lightsabers in both games -- but in an unmodded game I use a purple double-bladed lightsaber in K1 (my Revan just screams for a double-bladed lightsaber! ), and a silver double-bladed lightsaber in K2 (I hate the "jabbing" motion when unlocking doors in K2 with a single saber).)

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨My Mods¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.
Disciple FTW!
There is no canon. There is only Revan.
FYI: I am a girl, and you may call me Janet.
It's all just fun and games until the flying monkeys attack.
mjpb3 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2007, 04:59 PM   #44
Phantasmgrl91
Rookie

In kotor I usually go from scout to either gardian or sentinal. I dont like starting the game with 2 soldiers (reven and carth) so I like ot keep some diversity till mission and big Z come around

In kotor 2 I always play as a gardian to a weapon master, you have enough NPCs in that game where to you have several people who are very capible of alot of things, so now my interest just because dominating a fight
Phantasmgrl91 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2007, 02:37 PM   #45
Fish.Stapler

KOTOR - I've played them all but my favorite is probably soldier/guardian or scout/consular...you get an interesting mix of skills, feats, force powers and survivability if you use the latter .

KOTOR II - I've also played them all, I have to say my high wis/dex Jedi Sentinel was so ridiculously overpowered it wasn't even that fun anymore heh. I was unable to be hit by ANYTHING in the game (I just default attacked my way through
spoiler:
Sion in Trayus
so I could watch the cool animations, didn't even take a single point of damage. That being said, when I'm light side I usually play a two-saber wielding Guardian/Weapon Master (two silver sabers) and when I'm dark side, consular/sith lord.

Fish.Stapler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #46
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
KOTOR I: Sentintel every time. Basically a Guardian with better Force potential.
KOTOR II: Guardian, then Jedi Master. So you beef yourself up physically early on, then get your hands on the really powerful force powers later on in the game
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2007, 03:55 PM   #47
PazaakPrincess

Current Game: Fable 2, Oblivion
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
For some reason I'm always happiest as a Guardian, although I've played all classes in various combinations I just feel the most comfortable hacking and slashing things with my dual lightsabres. It just feels right somehow

Call me Paz, PP sounds like you're p!$&ing on my head

My Kotor Fan Fiction
PazaakPrincess is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2007, 09:43 PM   #48
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly
LS consular. Which is not surprising given that I always play spellcasters in NWN and the like.
They have always been my favorite type of characters to play.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #49
martmeister
Veteran

Current Game: FO3, G/2, DA, CODMF2
I don't like to use Consular or Sith Lord/Jedi Master. Besides, I thought Lords and Masters were suppose to be friggin' awesome at everything then specialized. The advanced Consular seems weak, so I never use 'em.

Guardian -->Weapons Master/Marauder to max my mad sabre SKillz. Wanton destruction rocks!
Sentinel -->Assassin/Watchman b/c sneak & attack's fun.
martmeister is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2007, 02:48 AM   #50
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Consulars aren't weak, I play them all the time. They're the strongest with Force Powers and can cast them well. Although I don't like the Jedi Master/Sith Lord as much as I used to...
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2007, 03:45 AM   #51
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

I used a scout the first time i passed K1, the other times i think it was a sentinel and counculor.
Carlo El Sanchez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2007, 05:29 AM   #52
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

My favourite combined class is Scout and Jedi Consular. In TSL, it is Jedi Consular/Jedi Master.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2007, 09:36 AM   #53
Mace MacLeod
Food-based rocker

Current Game: World of Warcraft
I know I've said this about 50 times in 50 other threads, but what the hell.

KotOR--Soldier to Consular or Soldier to Guardian. Nice mix of combat feats early on to balance out the force powers, or just going whole hog on the combat area.
TSL--Consular to Sith Lord, definitely my runaway favourite. Force Storm/Crush/Wave = Force Pwn.

Be considerate to others or I will bite your torso and give you a disease!
Mace MacLeod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2007, 11:02 AM   #54
legend222
Rookie

Well I've always enjoyed warrior classes so my favorites are

K1 Soldier\Guardian
K2 Guardian\Weaponmaster
legend222 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2007, 11:21 PM   #55
Fredi
El Guapo

hmm well I guest it is done, Light side is almost everyone’s favorite and Guardian and consular are the most favorites!!

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2007, 03:14 AM   #56
Jediphile
Persona non grata

KotOR: Scout/Guardian

TSL: Sentinel/Jedi Master

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2007, 10:36 PM   #57
Kaioshen
Lurker

I don't own KOTOR II, and I haven't played it in a couple years, so I have no idea what I was. But I do go for the soldier/melee classes.

KOTOR I:
Soldier/Jedi Guardian - Dual lightsabers

I specialized in of course, melee weapons. Though next time I start a character, I think i'm going to go for more of a force power kinda guy, but who can still whoop some ass with lightsabers.
Kaioshen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2007, 07:35 AM   #58
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
I think you mean a Sentinel.

In K1: I almost always play Soldier/Guardian. Sometimes I may play Soldier/Sentinel, but I play Consular only once in a blue moon because I personally find it too weak.

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #59
Jediphile
Persona non grata

In TSL anyone can do lightsaber battle well, since all jedi classes have exactly the same to-hit progression. The only difference lies in what feats are available, and that some classes have less vitality than others.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:34 AM   #60
Ancient Sith
Rookie

I don't typically look to the KOTOR games for a challenge so I usually go easy on myself. I usually use the scout class to get a lot of skills early on, then become a Jedi Guardian. For KOTOR II I use the Jedi Guardian, then either the Sith Marauder or Jedi Weapon Master depending on my Force alignment.
Ancient Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #61
Robb Stark
Rookie

I have never played as a Sentinel for my main character all the way through either game. The class has never appealed to me.

Anyway,

KOTOR 1: I've played every base class with a Guardian Jedi class, as well as Soldier and Scout with a Consular Jedi class. My favorite was a DS Scoundrel/Guardian.

KOTOR 2: I have used Jedi Guardian in almost every game of TSL I've played. I'm a big "feat" guy. I have used a Consular twice, maybe three times. I tend to use Jedi Master or Sith Lord as my prestige class, although I enjoy the Guardian/Assassin combo.
Robb Stark is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2007, 03:20 PM   #62
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Stark
I have never played as a Sentinel for my main character all the way through either game. The class has never appealed to me.
Unless you've stopped playing TSL, you really should try it. TSL favors the use of skills far more than KotOR, and that is the sentinel's greatest strength. With the right skills, you can make some truly awesome gear at the workbench, as well as unlock interesting secrets and conversation paths.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:01 PM   #63
Robb Stark
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
Unless you've stopped playing TSL, you really should try it. TSL favors the use of skills far more than KotOR, and that is the sentinel's greatest strength. With the right skills, you can make some truly awesome gear at the workbench, as well as unlock interesting secrets and conversation paths.
Maybe. I'm not familiar with the total set of items that can be created at the workbench or how it is broken down between characters. I've found that using each of my other party members at a workbench outside the Ebon Hawk is plenty enough to get me enough of the items I could want.

I have played a Guardian with high INT and either Computer or Repair (thanks to the feats that change them to class skills) just to unlock some of the story, though I'm sure, as you have pointed out there may be some (or even a lot) that I'm still missing. Maybe I will play with a max-INT, max-skilled Sentinel some day as you suggest. Unfortunately with CON being important in TSL for the implants, I find it ruined the luxury of placing points in INT.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:42 AM   #64
Lord Spitfire

Okay, the common misconception is:

Scoundredl: Consular

Scout: Sentinel

Soldier: Guardian

However, the best would be Scoundrel: Sentinel (skills), and Scout:Consular (Baanced, and force)

I use Scoundrel: Sentinel, though.

In KotOR2 I use Sentinel:Watchman.

Let there be rock!

"I hope they realize that music is music, and that music is not a scene, not a style. Music is a beautiful ****ing thing to listen to. It is not a thing to ****ing preach to others about, it's not a ****ing cause. It is what it is—and that's a beautiful artform." - Synyster Gates

Check out my Fanfic:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: Embers of Destruction
Lord Spitfire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2007, 06:12 PM   #65
Robb Stark
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Spitfire
However, the best would be...
The "best" for what?

Scoundrel->Sentinel will indeed get you the most skill points,

BUT a Scoundrel doesn't get Computers or Repair as class skills, which are arguably the reason for having a main character with a lot of skill points in the first place. He also lacks Treat Injury (until you become a Jedi), which depending on how much you rely on healing packs can be detrimental. Basically, a Scoundrel gets you a lot of SP, sure, but inability to use them where they are useful for story-line purposes diminishes their worth, possibly greatly.

A Scout, on the other hand, gets you both Computers and Repair, but lacks Persuade (until you become a Jedi), and Security, which may or may not be important depending on how you use your party members.

IMO it can be argued that while a Scoundrel->Sentinel gets you the most SP numerically, a Scout->Sentinel is a more "useful" Skill-based character.

IMO a Scoundrel's worth is primarily in terms of the Sneak Attack ability. Using Stasis/Insanity followed with melee attacks that apply Sneak Attack damage compensates for the somewhat lesser damage potential of typical Sentinels and Consulars. On the other hand, since the game counts every attack from a Force Jump as a Sneak Attack, a Scoundrel->Guardian can be absolutely lethal.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:17 AM   #66
Lord Spitfire

Maybe so, but I think that Scoundrel/Consular is all terribly wrong. I mean, skills with force pwoers?

Let there be rock!

"I hope they realize that music is music, and that music is not a scene, not a style. Music is a beautiful ****ing thing to listen to. It is not a thing to ****ing preach to others about, it's not a ****ing cause. It is what it is—and that's a beautiful artform." - Synyster Gates

Check out my Fanfic:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: Embers of Destruction
Lord Spitfire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2007, 10:17 AM   #67
GarfieldJL
Banned

In Kotor 1:
Scout or Smuggler/Jedi Consular cause you get the most force points and force abilities you can.

Usually in KotOR 2:

Sentinel/Watchman: -- Most skills, no longer need a stealth belt, balance between feats and force. Immunity to stun/fear/horror

I'm trying Jedi Consular/Master currently, and I really don't like how slow feat progression is.

I've done Jedi Guardian/Weaponmaster, but really didn't care for it.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #68
Jacen Stargazer
Rookie

Consular and Jedi Master/Sith Lord, always.

For non-jedi, I sometimes use scout, sometimes scoundrel.
Jacen Stargazer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2007, 11:42 AM   #69
anakin34
Rookie

I Prefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclaimer
KOTOR 1: I usually use Jedi Guardian. I like the feel more, and force jump comes in handy.

KOTOR 2: I use Jedi Guardian also, then as my prestige class I use Sith Lord or Assassin.
I prefer to use the Jedi Consular
anakin34 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2007, 12:13 PM   #70
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
soldier/guardian in KOTOR.
guardian/weapon master in TSL.

IMO "balanced" characters are good but not great at anything. I find focused characters do better...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2007, 01:01 PM   #71
JediKnight707
Or I will choke you...

I also have, and probably always will, Jedi Guardian/Weapons Master. The greatest thing about being a Jedi is the lightsaber. G/WM has always exploited the lightsaber to the greatest way, so I always use it.

JediKnight707 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2007, 04:53 AM   #72
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
IMO "balanced" characters are good but not great at anything. I find focused characters do better...
Same here...

Scoundrel/Consular (K1)

Consular/Master/Lord (TSL)

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2007, 03:22 PM   #73
munchbacca
Lurker

for K1 my power combo is scoundrel/anything jedi. scoundrels are just plain overpowered when combined with jedi powers.

my fun jedi class combo for k1 is currently dual wielding pistols soldier/sentinel combo.
munchbacca is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2007, 04:12 PM   #74
Obi-Wan Baloney
Rookie

I am currently a Jedi Guardian/ Jedi Watchman wearing normal clothing and using
a single blue lightsaber.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a
good blaster at your side, kid."

Han Solo
Rebel Smuggler
Obi-Wan Baloney is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2007, 09:26 AM   #75
Jaden Kenobi
Rookie

Hmmm...

In K1 I usally always used Scout/Sentinel as to me this class is the best given its a very versatile class, as it gives strong Force powers and strong stats, but in my first playthrough I used Scout/Consular.

In TSL pretty much the same Sentinel/Watchman, again versatile class´s are the best to me.
Jaden Kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2007, 09:52 PM   #76
MacTavish

K1: I use all three

K2: Guardian or Consular, then all three prestiges.

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2007, 01:37 AM   #77
darthcarth

I use all classes i used to be the brute force focusing as much as possible on light sabers but now i use all classes eqiuly as i find them all fun now.

EmpireFTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
darthcarth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2007, 01:04 AM   #78
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
Lightside- Always a jedi guardian/weaponsmaster with the featgains mod installed. with the savegma editor, i can have every forc epower of feat i want anyways, so ther eare no disadvantages no matter what clas si use! (2 feats per level up for all classes with that mod- 4 at the start! very useful for getting soem good combat feats!)

Darkside- I always go guardian/sith maruader. thansk to cheating, i have having thousands of force poitns and about 200 points worth of attack per hit i deal on an enemy- and i have 99 in all skills- menaing i need no partymember sot hlep me through thoughout the game!

yes- i know, i'm a cheater- but i have played both game son Xbox before and completed them all four wqays- male light/darkside, and female ligh/darkside. the pC version of K2 was a gift from my friend, and i thought, after totally beating 7 total K2 games on the Xbox and 5 K1 games without cheating except for exploiting a few glitches, it was time that i got to have some real fun, and really carve up the enemy. that's when i got the PC version, and the gma ewas funt to play once again!

Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2007, 12:58 AM   #79
MrVorlon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Padawan
mhh you sound more like a sith!
Yeah. I'm bad like that.
MrVorlon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2007, 04:12 PM   #80
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Current Game: many
Soldier/Consular KOTOR 1
Guardian/Master or Sith Lord TSL

A nice song, fits them perfectly.
The Mandalorians - The Chosen Ones
Wedge Suron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > Which Jedi class you use?