lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: When was Sal a Reaper?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-07-2007, 10:01 AM   #1
Smon
Bizarro

Current Game: Mega Man
Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
When was Sal a Reaper?

I'm playing through GF for the second time and I thought of something weird, Sal says he used to be a reaper just like Manny, however he discoved a web of corruption and lies and blah blah blah, but if the corruption started before Manny showed up, how could Manny have been a top salesman without finding out about the corruption or at the very least meeting Sal?

I'm done putting links in my signature because every time I do it just links to some old crap I've long since stopped updating.

Last edited by Smon; 01-07-2007 at 10:12 AM.
Smon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
Quoththeraven
Rookie

In fact, how could Manny have been a top salesman at all? The scheme quite clearly did not need him; Don Copal and Domino's sweeping him out of the way into a minor position shows that quite clearly. So why would they let him have good clients, and all that means, while still furthering their plan of stealing NN tickets? Of course, that part of the plan may not have started then, or might have started in one department, but not Manny's. Salvidor probably did work in a different deparment from Manny, and could have made the discovery shortly before Manny died. Perhaps, rather than finding out about a fully formed "web of corruption" it was merely an early plan.

Viva La Revolucion!
Quoththeraven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2007, 12:51 PM   #3
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
I always thought that Manny was a top salesman before Hector and Domino started acting on their plan. At one point in the game, Manny says that he has been at the department longer than Copal. I assume that he was shoved aside sometime after Copal (and Domino, since he too probably got there after Manny) arrived.

As for Salvador, I think it's possible that he and Manny never met each other, even if they were reapers at the same time. The DOD building is huge, and there are probably other departments elsewhere. There must be hundreds (if not more) reapers. Salvador probably realised what was going on and left, while Manny didn't catch on until he had sunk to the very bottom.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2007, 10:21 PM   #4
urluckyday
Up all night to get lucky

Current Game: Red Orchestra 2
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Naomi's answer is definitely the closest answer that we'll probably ever get...but hey, the only way to know for sure is to ask Tim himself...good luck with that...

If I die today, I'm happy how my life turned out
urluckyday is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #5
Torque
Rookie

I think that the corruption within the DoD was simply on a smaller scale and didn't affect Manny at that time, but did affect Salvador, who eventually left (or was forced to). That seems like the most likely explanation.
Torque is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Land of the Dead > When was Sal a Reaper?