lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: anakin?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-08-2007, 05:23 AM   #1
darth kav
Rookie

anakin?

would of anakin join the dark side is qui gon jin was still alive i think he wouldn't of.what do you think?
darth kav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2007, 02:59 PM   #2
Henz

Not sure. I definately think that he would never have turned without Palpy around though.
Henz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
I don't think that Anakin would've made a different choice if Qui-Gon was alive.

If he betrayed Obi-Wan so easily he would have done the same thing to Qui-Gon.

Without Palpatine? Hmm, tough question. I'd say that Palpy was a big influence in his decision to join the Dark side.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, I think Qui Gon would have done things quite differently.

Whilst Obi is like a big brother to him, Qui Gon would be the father he never had. In a way his family would be completed.

It would also note that Qui Gon may have done something about his mom before sheep hits the fence with his non standard protocol, and that he would have opposed to using Anakin a spy ant tht he would have...

Well, too many would haves, but from what I see at least Anakin would not be around Palpy as often as Qui Gon tend to go "blown like a falling leaf" by the force quite oftern and travel around, getting Anakin a lot further from the bulk of Republic Politics.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2007, 08:54 PM   #5
Nancy Allen``
Banned

The driving force behind Anakin's actions? Padme. He had visions of his mother that sent him back to Tattoine, he discovered her fate and slaughtered all the Sand People there. After falling deeply in love with Padme he has similar visions, and Palpatine says the only way to save her is the way he tries to. So basically, as I understand it, Anakin could have lost Padme or follow through with his actions and lose her just the same.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2007, 10:34 PM   #6
Windu Chi
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth kav
would of anakin join the dark side is qui gon jin was still alive i think he wouldn't of.what do you think?
No, I think Qui-Gon would've kept Anakin on the path of the light, but love is a very strong emotion, Anakin's love for Padme' was extreme, Qui-Gon's would've had a very hard time, but I think it would've probably worked, with his wisdom and guidance.
Qui-Gon's very short experience with love like, the love he had for a Jedi Master called Tahl, that lead him very close to collecting a enough darkside points in the path toward the darkside, because of her death.
Also with Qui-Gon's live for the moment attitude and adventurous behavior, I think him and Anakin will had related quite well with those aspects and also Qui-Gon's defiance, and rebellious nature, that will probably would have had help him to keep Anakin on the path of the light.

Last edited by windu6; 01-09-2007 at 01:06 AM.
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2007, 05:04 AM   #7
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

He probably would of killed Qui Gon anyway and joined....just like he tried to kill Obi-Wan in Episode III, and succeeds in Episode 4
Carlo El Sanchez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #8
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

A person is responsible for his own actions. True, Anakin was influenced by Palpatine, but he was not forced to join the Sith- he chose it. His love for Padme was too strong, and he would've done anything to save her.

What makes you think that Qui-Gon would even know that Anakin was going to the dark side? No one else knew until it happened, and even then, only Yoda knew. And even if Qui-Gon knew beforehand, no matter how much he tried, Anakin would still have turned. His love for Padme was simply too strong, and the ability to save her from her imminent "death" was to tempting to ignore.

Also, Palpatine's lies about the Jedi wanting control of the Republic would just foster suspicion in Anakin and probably make him trust Qui-Gon less.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #9
blh765
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
No, I think Qui-Gon would've kept Anakin on the path of the light, but love is a very strong emotion, Anakin's love for Padme' was extreme, Qui-Gon's would've had a very hard time, but I think it would've probably worked, with his wisdom and guidance.
Qui-Gon's very short experience with love like, the love he had for a Jedi Master called Tahl, that lead him very close to collecting a enough darkside points in the path toward the darkside, because of her death.
Also with Qui-Gon's live for the moment attitude and adventurous behavior, I think him and Anakin will had related quite well with those aspects and also Qui-Gon's defiance, and rebellious nature, that will probably would have had help him to keep Anakin on the path of the light.
Yeah, I agree with windu here.
blh765 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2007, 08:05 PM   #10
Grey Master
Firecracker

As many people have stated here, it was Anakin's choice, and he would have definetly chosen the Dark Side to save Padme, but Qui-Jonn could have restored Anakin to the Light Side because he would have that Father like influence.
Grey Master is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #11
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, ObiWan have Siri also...

But fact being, QuiGon may have better luck with Anakin cause:
1) He is better, at least in the eyes of Anakin
2) He would get help from both ObiWan AND QuiGon.
3) Wouldn't be surprised if QuiGon would go back and set Ani's mom free one way or another, he is not that anise about rules and codes.
4) He would have less time hanging around Palpy, and that helps alot.
5) QuiGon would have protected Ani from being a tool of both sides, at least he would have stopped the Council from using Anakin one way or another. That would give Ani more hope on the Order.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:42 AM   #12
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

Current Game: Skyrim
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I think Qui-Gon could have porentially prevented it though better training...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2007, 05:41 AM   #13
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

This is just my fantasy and guessing but i recon Anakin would have killed Qui-Gon if he wasn't killed beforehand by Darth Maul.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:11 PM   #14
Henz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagerWeasel
A person is responsible for his own actions. True, Anakin was influenced by Palpatine, but he was not forced to join the Sith- he chose it. His love for Padme was too strong, and he would've done anything to save her.
Without Palpy, turning to the dark side wouldn't have been an option. Anakin wasn't happy with the jedi order but only became sith bcause he thought in doing so he could save his gf.
Ironically without Palpy's influence he may never have experienced the visions of Padme at all.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:33 PM   #15
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Say, was Sidious behind those visions at all?
Old 01-13-2007, 05:10 PM   #16
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Not that I know of... but an interesting idea...

Well, somehow I think Qui Gon would expact Anakin and Padme to get it on when they meet, and I don't think Qui Gon would actively stop it either. So maybe Anakin would ask Qui/Obi for help on the matter, and they would try to stop it from happening, or so they think.

Well wether it happens or not is not the matter, if Anakin can stay jedi before Padme goes belly up then the urge to evolve to sith is not that big.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:28 PM   #17
Vaelastraz
Veteran

I think Anakin would have chosen the same path. After all it's his destiny.
And I don't think that Qui gon would have more influence over Anakin then Obi-wan...

But what would have happend ifQui Gon were successful in manipulating Watoo to accept the money? :O
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2007, 10:12 AM   #18
darth kav
Rookie

but obi wan was still an apprentise when he got given ani and plus QuiGon's guides is more superior to obi's.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:08 PM   #19
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

more superior ? that may be true in a way but i would say more foolish, he thought he was the chosen one and would destroy the sith...quite the opposite, strange how the force couldn't feel it coming.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:38 PM   #20
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo El Sanchez
he thought he was the chosen one and would destroy the sith...quite the opposite
Actually, Anakin was the Chosen One, and he did destroy the Sith.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2007, 09:59 PM   #21
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

Doh!! your always ahead of me EagerWeasel, whenever i make a mistake and forget somthing you correct me also perhaps Anakin becoming Vader was really the only way to destroy the Sith in the end...he may have been killed if he didn't turn, and Luke would may have been killed by Palpatine...think of all the amazing posibilities.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #22
The Sith'ari

Qui Gon being there probably could have helped Anakin quite a bit, him being much older than Ani (compared with Obi-wan vs. Anakin), being wiser (IMO, like he sensed Ani was the chosen one, his knowledge of becoming of force ghost, etc) would have deepened Ani's trust for his master. Plus I feel that Qui Gon is more "liberal" than Obi is, making him a more suitable master for someone like Ani. Anakin's lack of trust for his master, other than his love for Padme, is in my opinion another major factor why he turned to the dark side.
The Sith'ari is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2007, 07:09 PM   #23
KotO[REvan]

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
Anakin could have lost Padme or follow through with his actions and lose her just the same.
Actually, if Anakin was to follow the light side, Padme wouldn't of died. The only reason why she did die was because she lost the will to live (obviously, because Anakin turned). So she was never going to die from child labor from the start, basically, Anakin killed Padme in a way.

But back to the subject:
If Qui Gon Jinn was still alive, I don't think things would've came out much different. Palpatine would still turn Anakin, and Qui Gon Jinn would most likely die with all of the other Jedi who have been betrayed by the clones.

KotO[REvan] is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2007, 02:34 AM   #24
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

Exactly what i said, Qui Gon would have either been killed by Anakin if he Darth Maul didn't kill him, or Qui Gon would have died with all the other Jedi as KotO[REvan] said.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:06 PM   #25
JediLandon
Rookie

Probley not
JediLandon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2007, 01:48 PM   #26
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Actually, Qui Gon acts a bit like Zao, and spend most of the time wandering "blown like a leaf in the wind" by the force. Which means, Him and Anakin would spend more tiem outside the commands of the council, and most probably won't be leading clones, which means less chance for a cloney death.

Obi Wan is less hermity than Qui Gon, hence the invlovement with the council and such, and he mroe active role in the clone wars. Its not like Qui Gon Can't be a member of the council, he is more than capable should he decide to persue such role, its more like he prefers not to.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:32 PM   #27
Gug Eyewalker

k

What I don't get thoguh, if Anakin was so important, why didn't Yoda himself take on Anakin?

Yoda had to have already known about Padme. Had Anakin followed Yoda's advise and let go he wouldn't have turned. Yoda may have been able to teach Anakin that death is a natural part of the force.

Perhaps Anakin could have cherished the limited time he and Padme had together.

We are the music makers, and WE are the dreamers of the dream. -Willie Wonka

Last edited by Gug Eyewalker; 01-27-2007 at 07:33 PM. Reason: k
Gug Eyewalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2007, 07:46 PM   #28
Henz

Quote:
Say, was Sidious behind those visions at all?
No; but his visions were preminiscians (spl? Im lazy) of something that Anakin would do after Palpy's influence on him. Without Palpy turning him, Ani would never have choked Padme and killed her, so never would have (I assume) had the visions.

Thats the tradegy of it all. The visions drove him to turn to prevent them from happening, and turning was what caused them to happen.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:49 PM   #29
Nancy Allen``
Banned

And I'm of the opinion some people, possibly Anakin was one of them, arn't cut out to be Jedi. Their lives are similar to that of monks, their regid codes are not for everyone. I know I would never be one, case in point: Anakin's killing of the sand people. Not only do I support it I would have probably done the same thing.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:22 PM   #30
Windu Chi
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Anakin's killing of the sand people. Not only do I support it I would have probably done the same thing.
I would have for sure collected those darkside points too, Nancy.
I would've probably have wipe the sand people out after what they had done to my mother.
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2007, 06:00 AM   #31
Sam!
Rookie

Current Game: BF: Bad Company
It would make a difference if Qui-Gon was alive, because Anakin felt that Obi-Wan was holding him back, that he didn't trust him. That has a big role in his fall, so Qui-Gon could have made a difference.
Sam! is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2007, 08:31 AM   #32
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
I would have for sure collected those darkside points too, Nancy.
I would've probably have wipe the sand people out after what they had done to my mother.
Well, cleansing the sandpeople that is responsable for his mom maybe a reasonable move, but its still an action of extremem prejudice. I mean, he kills even the kids and what not.

Wiping out the sand people as a whole is just dediculous. I mean, they are actually civilized, and their xenophobia is all too reasonable. Its not exactly enjoyable getting your planet turned into a desert, invaded, colonized, and then being treated like brainless animals.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:26 AM   #33
Vaelastraz
Veteran

Yeah, just like in real life. If someone's killed, and you happen to be a relative of the victim, you sure have feelings of hatred towards the killer, and would want to avenge your relative.
Does that make it right? No. Justice has nothing to do with revenge.

Anakin's killing of the sandpeople was just wrong. (understandable though)
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2007, 03:53 PM   #34
Nancy Allen``
Banned

By the same token the Sand People, going by KOTOR, will not accept peace or even to stop killing. Even if you get them to not attack you they will at the slightest mistep. The game even says how they were looking for a reason to kill you. Is that wrong? If they made any attempt to not villify themselves then no, I don't think it is wrong to have them portrayed this way, even if by rights they are not the ones in the wrong.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #35
Gug Eyewalker

To qute Obiwan in Ep VI

"So I took it upon myself to train him as a Jedi. I thought I could instruct him just as well as Yoda. I was wrong."

So again, there is a good possibility that if Obiwan hand trained him, who was VERY young and had only just become a Jedi Knight, Anakin would be different. Once again, why didn't Yoda train him?
Perhaps it was becuase of Qui Gon's dying wish that ObiWan train him?
I dunno.

We are the music makers, and WE are the dreamers of the dream. -Willie Wonka
Gug Eyewalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #36
darth kav
Rookie

i would just like to say to every one thanks for you intresting posts i really like them and hope to see more posts.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #37
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

Current Game: Skyrim
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gug Eyewalker
Once again, why didn't Yoda train him?
Because he felt that Anakin should not have been trained at all.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2007, 02:27 AM   #38
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Yoda have enough trouble taking care of those annoying younglings.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:58 AM   #39
Nancy Allen``
Banned

I thought that was Aayla who did that.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:42 PM   #40
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Fortunately not, Secura get to take missions, gain xp, etc... just like another jedi. Yoda stay behind most of the time, training those annoying scrubs, though as we know it most of them would be condamed into the pathetic lowlife of stinkin farmers.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > anakin?