lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Don't go canon
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-17-2007, 10:19 PM   #41
Darth Savath
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11
Revan is KOTOR. Even KOTOR's plot began and ended with Revan.

Taking Revan out now is like killing off Vader before watching the last three movies... It can go on, but who really cares?
Darth Savath is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2007, 10:32 PM   #42
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer
 
Titanius Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Savath
Revan is KOTOR. Even KOTOR's plot began and ended with Revan.
By "KotOR's plot began and and ended", I assume you mean both KotORs. Actually, the plot of KotOR II had nothing to do with Revan. It was all about the Exile revering his connection to the Force, and destroying the "Triumvirate."


Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2007, 10:34 PM   #43
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,236
Quote:
Revan is KOTOR. Even KOTOR's plot began and ended with Revan.
Only for KOTOR. For TSL, it's The Exile. For K3, it's...[INSERT PRETTY COOL AND GENERIC NAME FOR GREAT JEDI PADAWAN WHO WILL SMASH THE TRUE SITH].

Unless, maybe I'm wrong. What if the true star is not Revan, Exile, and the Third Character...but the True Sith itself? Didn't it manlipuate Revan to go to war, using the Mandalorians as bait? Didn't Kreia fell prey to its luring desires, and created an order that destroyed the Jedi? Isn't it the ultimate supervillian, the symbol of great evil? Prehaps the True Sith could unify the trilogy together and actually become the main star, kicking Revan to the sidelines?

If so, then so long Revan-fanboy worship! Hello True Sith followers!
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2007, 07:17 AM   #44
Redtech
Veteran
 
Redtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: London, England
Posts: 800
Not to mention that LOTR actually links together with a backstory that actually makes some sense!


I am the definition of your defeat.
Redtech is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #45
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur
 
JediMaster12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Buried in books...literally
Posts: 5,933
Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arátoeldar
<Offtopic>

This is nothing against you JM12 but this is one of my pet peeves.
I'm merely making a comparison between what we got for TSL and LOTR. It was probably poor on my part but I was trying to make a point that maybe we are supposed to be left hanging though I admit before TSL came out, I had already guessed that Revan would disappear into the Unknown Regions of space and that someone would follow. Goes to show how my mind powers work.

Anyway all I was saying was that even if the devs made a goof and admittted it, there is always intent and purpose. You can't discount it. As to my position on going canon for KOTOR III, I go against it because it ceases to be an RP.

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2007, 05:47 PM   #46
Darth Savath
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagerWeasel
By "KotOR's plot began and and ended", I assume you mean both KotORs. Actually, the plot of KotOR II had nothing to do with Revan. It was all about the Exile revering his connection to the Force, and destroying the "Triumvirate."
I'm referring to the beginning of KOTOR 1, and the end of KOTOR 2... and I meant the character which is mostly driving the plot of the franchise. Not the character which each individual game spotlights.

Revan was the main villain which began the events of KOTOR 1, and he was the hero which put an end to the crisis.

Revan was largely responsible for the creation of the exile, "her" back story, and his actions were the catalyst for the exile's "re-"introduction to the plot and the force. Exile's villains were later debunked to be wannabes, and it was revealed that Revan had already discovered and is pursuing the true threat of the Sith.

lastly, Revan and his escapades became the continuation goal at the end of the second game, to give the Exile a purpose... who's purpose is to do what? Follow Revan's footsteps?

I'm not saying the focus character of the third KOTOR has to be Revan. But to not include Revan in a plot that is both created and largley centered around him would be idiotic. KOTOR 2 did a great job at building up the mystery of what happened to Revan, but before the franchise ends, they will have to conclude what has happened to Revan.

and no, not in a lame datapad... That would be like Luke reading about Vader's death in a datapad he found after beating Sidius.
Darth Savath is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2007, 09:39 PM   #47
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer
 
Titanius Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Savath
I'm referring to the beginning of KOTOR 1, and the end of KOTOR 2... and I meant the character which is mostly driving the plot of the franchise. Not the character which each individual game spotlights.
Exactly, and the Exile was the one who "drove the plot" of TSL. Revan was mentioned a few times, and he's the subject of conversation in the talk with Carth on Telos, but he is certainly not "driving the plot".

Quote:
Revan was largely responsible for the creation of the exile, "her" back story, and his actions were the catalyst for the exile's "re-"introduction to the plot and the force. Exile's villains were later debunked to be wannabes, and it was revealed that Revan had already discovered and is pursuing the true threat of the Sith.
The creation of the Exile? You mean the reason the Exile exiled himself? Well no, he exiled himself because he could not withstand the force of all the lives he was responsible for ending on Malachor V. Revan never gave him an order to activate the Mass Shadow Generator. The Exile was "re-introduced to the Force because of Kreia. She found the Exile, taught him, and told him of the "threat" that lay beyond.

Revan hadn't "discovered" anything, he "remembered" something from that he had found in the Outer Rim. That's why he left for the Unknown Regions.


Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2007, 07:19 PM   #48
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User
 
Ctrl Alt Del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,814
Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagerWeasel
The creation of the Exile? You mean the reason the Exile exiled himself? Well no, he exiled himself because he could not withstand the force of all the lives he was responsible for ending on Malachor V. Revan never gave him an order to activate the Mass Shadow Generator. The Exile was "re-introduced to the Force because of Kreia. She found the Exile, taught him, and told him of the "threat" that lay beyond.

In a way, Revan was a critical point for the exile of our character. He didnt ordered him to start the MSG, but he was there, at the right time, on the right place. Because Revan wasnt sure about his/her loyalty. Had not he/she disconnected him/herself from the Force, there would be no exile for him, and he would be dead.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2007, 09:07 PM   #49
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,236
Quote:
He didnt ordered him to start the MSG, but he was there, at the right time, on the right place. Because Revan wasnt sure about his/her loyalty. Had not he/she disconnected him/herself from the Force, there would be no exile for him, and he would be dead.
I was under the impression that Revan ordered for the creation of the MSG, to ensure that all those who were disloyal to Revan, would be killed or turned to the DS. The Exile was the only person that able to break Revan's trap, and Kreia admires him for this.

Which leads to the question...is the Exile serving willingly with Revan, an former Sith Lord who tried to kill The Exile off, or is grudingly working with Revan in order to stop a bigger threat?
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Don't go canon

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.