lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-28-2007, 09:13 PM   #161
lordofmalachor
Rookie

right now i'm listening to conquest by the white stripes. good song, but kinda weird for a band that normally does rock. Lately i've been listening to alot of white stripes. favorite band.

lordofmalachor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2007, 06:21 AM   #162
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Right now I'm listening to Christmas Eve /Sarajevo with Trans-Siberian Orchestra. They do rock versions of classic and christmas songs, and since I have a weakness for electric guitars I get goosebumps from some of their instrumental songs, like this one.

Last edited by stoffe; 10-22-2007 at 10:41 AM.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2007, 10:14 AM   #163
spinkle
BYOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

A friend turned me on to the new Blonde Redhead record, simply titled 23. It reminds me of The Pixies, Radiohead and Sigur Ros with a little bit of National Skyline thrown in...epic and evocative, though often simple in its constructions. Most of it is sung by their female lead singer/guitarist, but a few of the mid- to late-album tracks are written and sung by their male guitarist. Truly an excellent musical experience =)

Can't speak for any of their catalog before this, though now I think I'm gonna have to find out =)

<jmac7142> Most relationships exist despite being built on lies though. <El Sitherino>Yeah, and they usually involve freaky weird sex or money.

Last edited by spinkle; 09-29-2007 at 10:49 AM.
spinkle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2007, 11:02 AM   #164
Point Man
Seeker of Truth

I stumbled across a CD called The Book of Secrets, by Loreena McKennit, while cleaning out some stuff at work. It is an interesting fusion of Middle Eastern and Celtic traditions. Not all of it works well, but it has some great moments. It has rekindled my love of Celtic music, so I used my iTunes gift card I got for my birthday to download another album by her, Elemental, which is much more traditional Celtic, and one by Orla Fallon. That lady has the most beautiful voice I have ever heard. Even though I don't understand them, I enjoy the heck out her Gaelic songs just because of her voice.

Show me a man who is twenty and not a liberal, and I will show you a man with no heart.
Show me a man who is forty and not a conservative, and I will show you a man with no brain.

Point Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-29-2007, 11:36 PM   #165
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

The sound track for Planescape: Torment which I downloaded from http://www.planescape-torment.org/?page=soundtrack. One of the few game soundtracks that I think is good enough to listen to by itself.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-30-2007, 09:23 PM   #166
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe 2.0
Emigrate-My World
Bought it from the soundtrack of RESIDENT EVIL: EXTINCTION out of curiosity, but it payed off in the end. This song is amazing
I'm not a huge fun of that song in particular, but Emigrate, as a band, as pretty good. My favourite songs from their debut album are "Emigrate", "Wake Up", and "Resolution", but I like most of their songs of that album.

Richard Z. Kruspe is the lead vocalist of Emigrate, as well as the guitarist in Rammstein. Which is one of the reasons why wanted to check them out. Hopefully, I can find the German version of the album (if there is one). But I still like Rammstein better.

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2007, 09:00 PM   #167
Darth_Calo
Rookie

Dropkick Murphys (Band), specifically one song, "Tessie", which you can watch them play here

Reasons for like it so much... (in the form of a history lesson)
1) Way back in 1903, "Tessie" was played during the first ever world series, which the Red Sox won, over Pittsburgh.
2) In the subsequent Red Sox World Series victories, Tessie was played
3) Coincidentally, when "Tessie" stopped being played, the Red Sox stopped winning world championships
4) In 2004, 86 years after the Red Sox won their last championship, a band known as "The Dropkick Murphys" preformed a new version of "Tessie"
5) We all know what came next: The Red Sox Won! "Tessie" came through in the clutch, like David Ortiz

Yeah...that is why I like it so much...it inspires the Red Sox, and (in the Case of the 1903 Pittsburgh Pirates) caused their opponents to lose. (and is a great song, which you can still watch here (shorter version - no band intros)

Proud of the Six One Seven.
We are Boston. We are strong. We will prevail.
Darth_Calo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2007, 09:17 PM   #168
edlib
Close to the Edge

Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Dancing With The Moonlight Knight - Genesis - Selling England By The Pound

Classic Genesis: with Peter Gabriel, and Steve Hackett.

Classic Prog goodness.

Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)
edlib is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2007, 09:29 PM   #169
Alexander the Great

"C'mere" - Interpol

It's really a great song. Everything about it is pretty unique, and the meaning of the song is something most people who have had feelings for someone can relate to.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xRIdu58lIoM

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

Alexander the Great is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2007, 08:55 AM   #170
King Dando
Forumite

Paul Phoenix's stage music from Tekken 2. Also known as:

"Paul's Miracle Big Crushing Fist"

I've had it stuck I my head all week since I dug out my Playstation and started playing through all my old games

King Dando is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #171
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
Back in Black - AC/DC

I often wonder nowadays why I never heard any of their songs before. I missed out loads .

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-04-2007, 11:17 AM   #172
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Iwasaki Taku - "Libera me" from Hell (off the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann OST)

A very unique piece of music that combines an excellent piano theme with operatic singing and stylish rapping. I was pretty skeptical that it would work when I first heard it, but in the context of the show itself, it fit beautifully. I never thought rap and opera could work together so well, but it just does in this song. It may not be to everyone's tastes, but I just love it to pieces now.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2007, 12:09 PM   #173
SkywalkerRules
The Force guides me...

I listen to WOW Hits CDs. They're really cool. I also to Josh Groban, Rascal Flatts, and Kenny G. The greatest musics I ever hear are the nature musics. I got a lot of them on CD. I listen to other musics too.
SkywalkerRules is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2007, 01:39 PM   #174
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
Two words - In Rainbows. goodness, this album is stunning, and not far behind OK Computer as my favourite album from ze brilliant Radiohead. I'm also listening to some older albums i got; Eels - Beautiful Freak, Reindeer Section - Son Of Evil Reindeer, Arcade Fire - Neon Bible and Spoon - Gagagagaga. =D
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #175
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzella
Two words - In Rainbows. goodness, this album is stunning, and not far behind OK Computer as my favourite album from ze brilliant Radiohead.

Indeed it's a great album. Radiohead is really my favorite band right now. Why? They made the RIAA cry. Give money to Radiohead for In Rainbows, it's really worth it and encourage them to piss on the big record labels.

I also picked up the Bruce Springsteen new album Magic last week. To be honest, I was never a fan of his American folk rock, with the exception of Born in the USA and the theme song "Streets of Philadelphia". Now, I'm a fan. Magic is a very addictive album, from the first song to the last. It's amazing really. In every song, you feel his love for America. Simply amazing.

A few weeks back, I bought the Foo Fighters' newest album, Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace. Except for "The Pretender", the rest is ok, if only mediocre in general. The Ballad of the Beaconsfield Miners is an instrumental song Dave Grohl recorded for two miners involved in the Beaconsfield mine collapse who had requested an iPod with Foo Fighters songs when waiting for rescue. It's hard to find fault in what is a good gesture but it feels incredibly out of place in the album.Not a bad album, a few good songs, but overall, it's no great.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #176
Salzella
areiK

^^ oh yeah, Foo Fighters was another one i got. I, on the other hand, think it's pretty brilliant aswell, in places. When it's good (The Pretender, Let It Die, Stranger Things Have Happened), it's brilliant, but some of it feels like filler. And i think Ballad of the... is one of the highlights of the album, it's a great piece and it makes you want to learn how to become an acoustic guitar wizard. Oh, to have skillz like that...
Old 10-12-2007, 09:26 PM   #177
Alexander the Great

Third Planet by Modest Mouse... Some pretty deep lyrics. They actually come close to Bob Dylan's lyrics almost. Really listen to them. And no, it's not a religiously-based song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ihrKItXD0...elated&search=

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

Alexander the Great is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2007, 10:45 PM   #178
SkywalkerRules
The Force guides me...

Here's one of Josh Groban's music video. It made me cry...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls7ila3srzI

I saw this at a store somewhere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlcEqkxuBTU
SkywalkerRules is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2007, 12:17 PM   #179
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzella
And i think Ballad of the... is one of the highlights of the album, it's a great piece and it makes you want to learn how to become an acoustic guitar wizard. Oh, to have skillz like that...

Well, individually, it's decent, but if you listen to the album as a whole, from start to finish, it seems a bit dropped out of nowhere. Just my opinion on it.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #180
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modest Mouse
Third Planet by Modest Mouse... Some pretty deep lyrics. They actually come close to Bob Dylan's lyrics almost. Really listen to them. And no, it's not a religiously-based song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ihrKItXD0...elated&search=
Thats really good! like it

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2007, 02:08 PM   #181
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Call Me Call Me - The Seatbelts, from Cowboy Bebop soundtrack

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2007, 02:25 PM   #182
King Dando
Forumite

Tales of the Future - Vangelis (From The Film Blade Runner)

"Perfectly capturing the isolation and melancholy of Harrison Ford's Rick Deckard character, the Vangelis score is as much a part of the dystopian environment as the decaying buildings and ever-present rain."

Wow

King Dando is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2007, 02:51 PM   #183
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
In my head, I keep replaying Daft Punk's "Harder Better Faster Stronger". Samuel Dravis pointed me at them and his Daft Chat comic took on a whole new meaning. I downloaded from iTunes immediately and listened to it a couple times on the way to work. I could start dancing right now, just from the imaginary rhythms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo fett 66
a CD called The Book of Secrets, by Loreena McKennit
She is great. I have a Loreena McKennitt playlist which includes about 4 tracks from that album, a couple from The Visit, and a couple from her newest studio album, An Ancient Muse.
tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #184
Rogue Nine
*static*

Current Game: Bravely Default
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LF Jester 
The only Loreena McKennit song I know is 'The Mummers Dance' and I really like it.

Right now I'm hooked on Ingrid Michaelson's 'The Hat'. It's got that groovy indie feel, and it gets bonus points for mentioning my (and Ingrid's!) alma mater in it. Plus her voice is really pretty.

have a suggestion for the lf poll? pm me
Rogue Nine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2007, 03:09 PM   #185
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I've been listening to all the Bleach OPs a lot recently. *~Asterisk~ by Orange Range is probably my favorite out of them all but they're all good.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2007, 04:28 PM   #186
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Right now i'm listening to some Alice Nine and a bit of Kano, Akala and Tinchy Stryder. I have a very diverse taste in music and if i feel a track i'll buy it no matter the genre; jazz, hip hop, metal, trance it don't matter to me what the genre is if a track is hot.

Last edited by Gargoyle King; 10-15-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Gargoyle King is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2007, 05:12 PM   #187
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Current Game: SMT: Imagine
Gurren Lagann OST - "Libera me" from Hell.

The pure epithome and definition of GAR.
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2007, 07:45 AM   #188
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Amaranth, by Nightwish. As some of you more observant members will have noticed, the single's cover is featured on my avatar. Amaranth is from Nightwish's latest album Dark Passion Play.

It's a very catchy song and shines light on the new vocalist (whatever her name is). I miss Tarja.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2007, 12:42 PM   #189
Darth Smaug
Veteran

Heaven - Angels & Airwaves

New album "I-Empire" out in november.

I'm floating, and something's reaching out.
Darth Smaug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2007, 01:09 PM   #190
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
Amaranth, by Nightwish. As some of you more observant members will have noticed, the single's cover is featured on my avatar. Amaranth is from Nightwish's latest album Dark Passion Play.

It's a very catchy song and shines light on the new vocalist (whatever her name is). I miss Tarja.
I love that song!
The video is also very good, quite artistic IMO. The new vocalist is called Anette Olzon BTW, i too miss Tarja Turunen she was very good and well we'll just have to see how the new vocalist does although she is also very good.
Gargoyle King is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2007, 09:52 AM   #191
Master Jimmy
Forumite

Right now, I got Lynard Skynard's Freebird playing. You gotta love that guitar solo. I wish I lived in those days. Where there was Led Zeppelin, Lynard Skynard, all the good classics.

Led Zeppelin + The Beatles = Gods

New fanfic Metroid/Star Wars Crossover: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=183539 Chapter four is up.
Master Jimmy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #192
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle_King
I love that song!
The video is also very good, quite artistic IMO. The new vocalist is called Anette Olzon BTW, i too miss Tarja Turunen she was very good and well we'll just have to see how the new vocalist does although she is also very good.
I thought the video was great, except for Anette - she looks and behaves like a bloody pop star in that video! Tarja was much more composed and metal-like in her videos! The rest of the band kicked serious ass, though. I like the video's matter, though - and very clever camera angles there.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2007, 03:51 PM   #193
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Current Game: SMT: Imagine
Back to my origins...

Simple Design - Breaking Benjamin

THERE'S NO WAY, THERE'S NO WAY THAT I'M RUNNING AWAY!
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2007, 03:58 PM   #194
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran

Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
Right now I'm listening to Binster's remix of "Castle in the Mist" from Ico. I like how you can recognize the original song in it, but it's a completely different genre than the original. And it just reminds me of how cool Ico was.

Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2007, 05:17 PM   #195
Salzella
areiK

i'm listening to Radiohead's similiar artist station on last.fm. current it's the strokes... *insert eyes rolling smilie here*
Old 10-22-2007, 11:04 PM   #196
Master Jimmy
Forumite

Hey Jude - The Beatles

You really gotta appreciate their stuff. It comes straight from the heart.

New fanfic Metroid/Star Wars Crossover: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=183539 Chapter four is up.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:23 PM   #197
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Though a lot of their songs had a little help from their friends like Lucy in the sky with diamonds.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2007, 11:34 PM   #198
Master Jimmy
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Moeller
Though a lot of their songs had a little help from their friends like Lucy in the sky with diamonds.
And that one about a girl named Mary Jane, but I don't remember the name to that one.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:42 AM   #199
JoeDoe 2.0
n - 1

What I'm listening to right now is:

After Dark by Asian Kung-Fu Generation

Generation's songs are always awesome and make good song intros for anime, this song is the introduction to the new BLEACH arc.

JoeDoe 2.0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2007, 09:56 AM   #200
Master Jimmy
Forumite

Kraid (Metroid Metral) - Stemage

Nothing wrong with a bit of VG music. Metroid's got some of the best and keeps on givin' in later games. I gotta tell you, if you're looking for music to mod your KotOR game, look for stuff from Metroid.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)