lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-01-2008, 04:15 PM   #241
John Galt

Some nice modern progressive metal for me today. Schism, by Tool.
link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UhjG47gtMCo

this song's lyrics are amazing, like poetry. Maynard is a really good vocalist, but he really shines as a lyricist too.

lyrics: http://toolshed.down.net/lyrics/lateraluslyrics.php#05

Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein. -Friedrich Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Böse
John Galt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #242
Samuel Dravis

Niyaz - Allahi Allah

The songs on Niyaz's selftitled album are uniformly excellent, and Allahi Allah and The Hunt are the best of the best in my opinion. Excellent Persian-electronic fusion music.

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2008, 06:15 PM   #243
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
Some nice modern progressive metal for me today. Schism, by Tool.
link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UhjG47gtMCo

this song's lyrics are amazing, like poetry. Maynard is a really good vocalist, but he really shines as a lyricist too.

lyrics: http://toolshed.down.net/lyrics/lateraluslyrics.php#05
Their best album IMO (Lateralus that is), off which Parabol/Parabola is my favorite bit

Been listening to a lot of Muse lately, and their last album, "Black Holes and Revelations" is absolutely awesome...Excellent songwriting, intriguing lyrics, powerful rhythm instruments (the drums+bass=awesomeness!!!) and good guitar work as usual makes for a masterpiece of an album...Check it out if you haven't already.

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2008, 08:57 PM   #244
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Velvet Revolver - Superhuman

This one's good, it reminds me of Slash's old days in GNR with the Sweet Child O' Mine style intro.

Next:

Soundgarden - Outshined

I liked Audioslave okay, but I still preferred Chris Cornell's performance in Soundgarden. I didn't think he fit with the Rage Against the Machine guys.

Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2008, 09:05 PM   #245
Uilleand
Rookie

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
My favourite song for writing about Atton: Madeliene Payroux's version of Between the Bars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FktNzLg_te4

Bloc Party's Hunting for Witches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2EkcT9q28Q

The Faunts' M4 Part II the final credits song for Mass Effect = Mass LOVE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG6DEW-PQMA

"... I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room." - Ray Bradbury
Uilleand is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #246
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I got a live Pink Floyd album for Christmas, called pulse. Its great, 2 cds and it has some of my favorite Pink Floyd songs. They do all of Dark Side of the Moon and also songs from The Wall, Wish You Were Here (the title track being my favorite of their songs) and other albums that I wasn't familiar with. So I've been listening to a lot of that.

But right now I've got "Its Too Late" by Derek and the Dominoes. I guess my dad has had this CD (Layla) for a while and I never knew it was here so I recently added that to iTunes.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #247
King Dando
Forumite

I'm listening to the new rendition of Angel Island Zone for the upcoming Super Smash Bros Brawl, of which the original was first heard in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 It's been done by the same person who did alot of the music in the latest Sonic games, so its sounds similar instrumentation-wise. Even so, when I first heard the 50 second preview, I was on a total nostalgia trip

King Dando is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #248
Ravnas
Rookie

Listening To My December By Linkin Park. I love how they alternate Between The Main Singers In Their Songs With One Mostly For Choruses And Another For Refrains.

Regrets are for horseshoes and handbags.

Last edited by Ravnas; 01-02-2008 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Not Sufficient Detail
Ravnas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #249
Samuel Dravis

Kiss You Off - Scissor Sisters

This band is incredibly fun. Sithy linked me to a few songs of theirs, and I bought their CD Ta-Dah recently. No regrets - thanks Sithy! <3

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2008, 05:09 PM   #250
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Dragonforce are Insane!!

I'm listening to "Go off" by Cacophony atm, Jason Becker and Marty Friedman are 2 of my favorite Guitarists.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2008, 05:12 AM   #251
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Dravis
Kiss You Off - Scissor Sisters

This band is incredibly fun. Sithy linked me to a few songs of theirs, and I bought their CD Ta-Dah recently. No regrets - thanks Sithy! <3
You're welcome.

Right now I'm listening to Pablo Picasso by Citizen Cope. Pretty good song, very mellow. Been listening to lots of assorted music, more so lately.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2008, 05:28 AM   #252
edlib
Close to the Edge

Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Highway Star - Deep Purple - Machine Head

'Cuz Proto-Metal is the ****!

Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)
edlib is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #253
MJ-W4

^ edlib: thanks! You just reminded of another favourite of mine, 'Perfect Strangers', by Deep Purple. It's been quite some time since I last gave it a spin.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
MJ-W4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2008, 12:33 AM   #254
Serpentine Cougar
Veteran

Current Game: Beneath A Steel Sky
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd
Dragonforce are Insane!!
I know, they're awesome; I love 'em!!

Currently listening to "Refugee" by Tribal Ink. I like their nu-metal flavor; kind of like the old Linkin Park. You'd never be able to tell they're from Sweden from the lead singer's singing though; hardly any accent.

Serpentine Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2008, 01:21 AM   #255
BrollytheMighty
Rookie

I am listening to the Original Knight Rider Theme. I don't know just something about this song makes me like it more than any other theme I have heard. It is also one of my more favorite songs of all time. I mean, it totally connected with the show and was definitely the best choice for that shows theme. I started listening to it again in anticipation of the new Knight Rider series. Of course, I will only accept it as a legitimate Knight Rider series if it has the original theme.
BrollytheMighty is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2008, 04:08 AM   #256
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
System of the Down is where it's at...for me, anyway. Virtually anything, I like about every song from all there albums. Too bad they are on hiatus.

Also, aside from SotD, I bought Godsmack's Good Times, Bad Time... 10 Years of Godsmack, which is a best of album type thing as well as a cover song from Led Zeppelin's "Good Times, Bad Times". Crazy good ****, though.

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2008, 04:19 AM   #257
MJ-W4

In about three hours or so, I'll be listening to myself and a few friends on our Sunday Session. The weather's nice and sunny today, so we'll probably set off with some punked-up traditionals. If you're unfamiliar with that tradition, you might want to give the Pogues or the Dropkick Murphys a try.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
MJ-W4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2008, 07:41 AM   #258
edlib
Close to the Edge

Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ-W4
^ edlib: thanks! You just reminded of another favourite of mine, 'Perfect Strangers', by Deep Purple. It's been quite some time since I last gave it a spin.
That is also an excellent album. Probably my 2nd fave by them.

And the first one of theirs I owned, if I remember correctly.

Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)
edlib is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2008, 02:43 PM   #259
Hoad
Rookie

Hot Topic Starter 
Good to see some Porcupine Tree fans on here and also good to see the thread I started so long ago is still going ;D
Hoad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2008, 08:24 AM   #260
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Eternal Wait by Ensiferum, one of the finest Folk Metal bands ever, right alongside Finntroll. The song is pretty cool in that it serves as a fine example of Ensiferum's style, using both clean and growl vocals, "light" folk music and the heavier bass guitars, all in a slow-medium tempo.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #261
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Ten Thousand Fists - Disturbed

I love the drumming in this song. It kind of makes me want to play the drums. I was watching this video. The guy who is drumming to it seems to get every beat right. He also has some does some of the songs by Godsmack and Slipknot as well.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:04 PM   #262
Point Man
Seeker of Truth

Rock Lobster by the B-52's.

We took the kids to see the new VeggieTales movie, The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, yesterday, and they have a song called Rock Monster. It inspired me to download some B-52's to play on my commute. Who could fall asleep to Love Shack or Private Idaho?

Show me a man who is twenty and not a liberal, and I will show you a man with no heart.
Show me a man who is forty and not a conservative, and I will show you a man with no brain.

Point Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2008, 06:54 AM   #263
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Mirror by D'espairsRay; like their first album Coll:Set a strong listen througout, definately one of the stronger examples of Visual Kei.
Gargoyle King is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #264
John Galt

Open Car, by Porcupine Tree, from the album Deadwing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y4MCU4a9X4w

Very good song from PT, I like how there are 2 or 3 distint styles in the song that's less than 4 minutes long.

Once again, just minimize the page and listen to the song. Apparently people like to make horrible videos with good songs.

Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein. -Friedrich Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Böse
John Galt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2008, 09:30 AM   #265
MetalMark

Black Sabbath - Lady Evil

Who doesn't know this amazing band known as the first metal band ever. On this album they already dumped Ozzy and got Ronnie James Dio on vocals. Besides amazing Dio is the god of everything metal and thanks to him we got the horns \m/
MetalMark is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #266
JoeDoe 2.0
n - 1

Take this Life by In Flames

One of my favorite metal songs

Bombshell by Powerman 5000

The techno-rock combo is great

Last edited by JoeDoe 2.0; 02-01-2008 at 09:42 PM.
JoeDoe 2.0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2008, 03:47 PM   #267
Aeroldoth
Rookie

As the Rush Comes - Motorcycle

Awesome trance song! When I first heard it, I liked it. The more I hear it, the more it grows on me. I heard it on www.Pandora.com, a net radio site.
Aeroldoth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2008, 04:18 PM   #268
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I just got a couple Bowie CDs so I'm listening to those right now. They are Heathen and Reality, his two most recent. I'd probably say Slow Burn is my favorite song on Heathen and I haven't gotten through Reality yet. The song its on right now is the title track, Reality.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook

Last edited by Jeff; 01-23-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #269
MetalMark

Taake - Hordaland Doedskvad part 1

A black metal band from Norway. They usely don't name their songs. All their albums are concept albums and the album title is the name for all songs on that album. The vocalist Hoest is amazing and his performance on this album is the best he has ever done. He also has come drunk on stage, forgot lyrics on stage, went on stage in a pants full of holes without wearing underwear (we all know what part of his body eventually fell through a hole) and what the band is most known for, during a gig in Germany Hoest came on stage with a swastika drawn on his chest.
MetalMark is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #270
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
This Moment - Disturbed

It's from the Transformer movie soundtrack. I love the beat. I can't wait for Indestructible which is Disturbed's new album coming out this May.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #271
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Collide - White Rabbit (from the Resident Evil Extinction soundtrack). Other than that Linkin Park's Minutes to Midnight album, a bit of Santana and even a song or two featuring Timbaland.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #272
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
http://i25.tinypic.com/334uecz.jpg

This whole album is awesome. It's no genre in particular but I've got it in FLAC format and it sounds as awesome as the cover is.

It's called Kuusou Runba and it's the Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei soundtrack.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite

Last edited by Det. Bart Lasiter; 01-27-2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: holy **** image is bigger than i thought <_<
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #273
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Carry on my Wayward Son- Kansas. My Dad used to play this track all the time, I played Guitar Hero II today and this track was on it

Old 01-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #274
spinkle
BYOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Cheap Trick's Surrender from Live At Budokan. I played it last night on Guitar Hero II (haha @ adamqd) which made me want to learn it on [an actual] guitar...unfortunately the live version is horrendously out of tune, making it a really difficult task =(

what a great crappy band =D

<jmac7142> Most relationships exist despite being built on lies though. <El Sitherino>Yeah, and they usually involve freaky weird sex or money.
spinkle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-27-2008, 12:55 PM   #275
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Lol, I can play it on guitar but get so much fun out of it on Guitar hero... weird isn't it

Old 01-27-2008, 06:52 PM   #276
Phantom Knight
BAANAAANAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Current Game: Mass Effect
Hot Topic Starter 
I'm generally a RATM person, but I'm starting to get into Beck (... you know.... the guy who guest stared on Futurama? <sigh>) His stuff is actually pretty good, even though he uses strange sounds for his music.
Phantom Knight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2008, 07:18 AM   #277
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Feeling nostalgic, I've been going through some music from old games. I found the remastered version of Deus Ex's soundtrack (which I hold to be the best video game soundtrack ever, followed by Golden Sun - yes, that GBA game). Right now it's the DuClare Chateau track, from the respectable Alexander Brandon. Not one of my favourites, but hell, nostalgia bites.

The ones I really like from Deus Ex are the main theme, the intro, UNATCO, Begin the End (Beginning of the End?), and then some. Its really the best soundtrack for any video game ever (then again, Deus Ex had the awesomest stuff ever in other departments as well).

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #278
JoeDoe 2.0
n - 1

DRINK IT DOWN by L'Arc~en~Ciel

This new single is used for the main theme of DMC4, and it was a good choice.

JoeDoe 2.0 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2008, 01:03 AM   #279
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Mein Herz Brennt - Rammstein

I love this song. It's my favorite from Rammstein... okay, so I haven't listened to much from them yet, but it's my favorite so far.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #280
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sparrow
Mein Herz Brennt - Rammstein

I love this song. It's my favorite from Rammstein... okay, so I haven't listened to much from them yet, but it's my favorite so far.
Check out Keine Lust and Benzin. Those are good songs, mate.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > What are you listening to right now? (Part 2 - Read first post!)