lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: **rant** TSL [spoilers]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-04-2007, 01:35 AM   #41
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
@ Jediphile: Mira might not be killed. Kreia could be wrong about the fate of the galaxy, although she isn't wrong about one thing that is in the Star Wars Saga, in the Prequel Trilogy. I myself would've liked some deaths in TSL, but then the game would become a bit too depressing for my liking.
Kreia: Alright, I admit it. I can predict the coming of Palpatine and the death of Jango Fett, but I cannot predict Mira's fate. My bad. Sorry.

To be quite fair, Mira is going to die anyway. How come? She's a human. You can't expect me to believe Mira is still going to live 4000 years later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2007, 06:09 AM   #42
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by SilentScope001
To be quite fair, Mira is going to die anyway. How come? She's a human. You can't expect me to believe Mira is still going to live 4000 years later?
Complete different context. We want to know Mira's fate, because of a possible Kotor 3. Since her fate is unknown, I suppose she won't be in it.
Of course she isn't alive around the time of the Empire

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #43
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
The characters killing each other was only if you played DS. How them killing each other is so much worse than DS Revan killing them all (or most of them) in KotOR confuses me a bit to be honest...
Hmm, I was under the impression it was going to happen if at any time you had too much influence with Visas compared to the Handmaiden, or too much influence with Disciple compared to Atton, regardless of the force disposition of the Exile. Like how Handmaiden currently refuses to talk to you for the rest of the game if at any time you have 30 more influence with Visas than with her. (Requiring metagaming and OOC knowledge to get the proper outcome in the game, since it doesn't matter how much influence you gain with either, just the order you gain influence with them.)

If it only happens as part of the Darkside ending, and it isn't a mandatory "no matter what" event, then I wouldn't mind if it was in the game (since I wouldn't see it anyway). Evil characters deserve an ending with a bitter after-taste (like in VtM:Bloodlines).
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2007, 11:18 AM   #44
Pavlos
Scruffy Englishman

Current Game: Viking Warrior Poets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henz
Them turning on eachother (as Jediphile said) is only a DS outcome which makes sense as you were influencing them into a darker mindstate. I liked this idea. I wouldn't have been bothered if this was handled in cutscenes either as these are party members, not your PC. They shouldn't be totally controlled by you. That your choices in the game beforehand decides their outcome is enough control. To me the influence idea was left redundant by these cuts to alternate endings. The trust you built/destroyed didn't lead to anything.
A lot of the endings are determined by how much more influence you have with companion x than y (I think). The party members in question (Atton, or Handmaiden) were to be manipulated by Kreia in various (read: two) Ebon Hawk scenes which are still in the game - I think.

The Atton vs. Sion scene would have been player determined - the player would gain control of Atton at the end of the dialogue and fight Sion. If he loses the fight then Atton is destroyed/remade by Sion, if he doesn't then he meets the Exile at the end of the game and the two walk off together. There are, obviously, other endings to the game but those are the ones that spring to mind at this point.
Pavlos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2007, 11:56 AM   #45
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

If Pavlos is right, then I side with stoffe, and say the endings ARE railroady. We can't really manlipuate the endings to get what we want, we have to purposely make certain people mad...

But, can one chcange it so that it only happens to DS Party Members? If Atton is DS or Handmadien is DS, Kreia starts manliputing on the Ebon Hawk. This allows for DS players to set up the endings, corrupting their party members and then seeing them kill each other...And it allows for LS Party Members to somehow "repel" Atton and Handmadien, making them mad and thereby causing them to fall to the DS {don't know why someone would want that to happen though!}

Quote:
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
Old 02-04-2007, 12:34 PM   #46
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe
If it only happens as part of the Darkside ending, and it isn't a mandatory "no matter what" event, then I wouldn't mind if it was in the game (since I wouldn't see it anyway). Evil characters deserve an ending with a bitter after-taste (like in VtM:Bloodlines).
Precisely, and I think we can assume it was never meant to be a "no matter what" event, since it would otherwise be virtually impossible to trigger the companions vs. Traya bit, where your companions confront Traya only to be captured. That bit had both Visas, Handmaiden/Disciple, Atton, and Mira in it.

I also agree that companions killing each other is appropriate only to a DS character. After all, if you like your companions so much, then why did you corrupt them? You really do deserve nothing less in that case. Atton's tragic end was also to be optional, because I think that was a player-controlled fight similar to the Handmaiden vs. Atris fight.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2007, 04:32 PM   #47
Phantasmgrl91
Rookie

Well, I suppose I'll put my 2 cents in. The first kotor was a amazing, nobody is questioning that. And my first time playing through kotor I did not enjoy it as much, but the second time I played through it I enjoyed it much more and it has sort of grown on my. I like alot of the added stuff and I actually enjoy the NPCs in kotor 2 more than the first. I felt canderous and big z were very forgettable and I really didn't need them in my party. I suppose I could say the same about several from kotor 2 but I generally like them more. if kotor 1 didn't exsist and I had only played kotor 2 the basics of the game alone would automatically make it one of my favorites. I think kotor 2 dispite all the issues it does have in terms of writing gets a bad name because it simply doesn't live up to #1. Thats what I think

So basically, standing alone I think kotor 2 is a great game, had kotor 1 never come out then kotor 2 I think everyone here would love
Phantasmgrl91 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2007, 10:29 PM   #48
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
I also agree that companions killing each other is appropriate only to a DS character. After all, if you like your companions so much, then why did you corrupt them?
Are you stupid? If I do not corrupt them, they will follow the self-defeating path of pacisism! I cannot let that happen, I love my companions, and to have them be weakened by their adherence to the outdated Jedi Code and "morals" is something that I cannot allow happen. I have to corrupt them to save them.

Quote:
Full Article Here
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > **rant** TSL [spoilers]