lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Which is better?
Nitendo Wii 7 46.67%
Microsoft Xbox 360 6 40.00%
Sony Playstation 3 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: PS3 vs. Wii vs. Xbox360
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #1
Jedi Atomic
Veteran

PS3 vs. Wii vs. Xbox360

I've wondered which console to get, but I was wondering what you guys think about these systems. I'm planning on getting a PS3, because it will be better in time, I believe. I was wondering if any of you have any thoughts about which system would be best, in different categories, though. (like # of games; quality of games; and such.)
Jedi Atomic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-01-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
Johnpp

Well, it depends on what type of games you like. I, myself, would go for a 360. But that's just me.

Opera user.
IE hater.
JKA player.
DooM player.
Quake 2 player.
Real life player.
Johnpp is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2007, 01:05 AM   #3
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
It is between the PS3 and Xbox 360 for me. When the PS3 comes out, I shall see what reviews it gets and if it gets good reviews, I'll get the PS3. If not, I'll get the 360.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2007, 04:51 AM   #4
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
I would advise NOT getting the PS3. Most expensive plus I heard it's pretty poor.
Get an xbox 360 if you like good sport/fighting/console games. Wii if you like games like Warioware. It's up to you.

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2007, 04:15 PM   #5
Jedi Atomic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaSF
Most expensive plus I heard it's pretty poor.
Yes, but the PS3 is newer than the Xbox 360. If you would compare them side by side with a timeline they would be pretty similar. Yes PS3 is having a poor start but, hey its just came out, not very long ago, meaning not very many games, right away. just wait.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsite
It is between the PS3 and Xbox 360 for me. When the PS3 comes out, I shall see what reviews it gets and if it gets good reviews, I'll get the PS3. If not, I'll get the 360.
The PS3 came out in November, just to let you know.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:21 PM   #6
King Dando
Forumite

For me, its a choice between Wii and Xbox 360, or both, If I had the money

Quote:
The PS3 came out in November, just to let you know.
Not in Europe and Australia, doesnt come out until March. I'm not bothered, I dont really want one.

King Dando is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2007, 04:42 PM   #7
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
hmmm, if I was going to get a PS3, I think I would wait a little more... Just heard a (un)official note that they will lower the (really)high price.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #8
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Atomic
Yes, but the PS3 is newer than the Xbox 360. If you would compare them side by side with a timeline they would be pretty similar. Yes PS3 is having a poor start but, hey its just came out, not very long ago, meaning not very many games, right away. just wait.......
My mates in countries that have got it already it say it's pretty poor, so i'm just going by them.
And it doesn't matter if it's newer, it can still be worse, which I predict it most likely will be.
It's your choice however.

Yes
Old 02-02-2007, 08:15 PM   #9
Jedi Atomic
Veteran

Hmm.....just wondering, but what do you mean by it's pretty poor?

One of my classmates has a PS3 and says he likes the graphics more-so than Xbox 360. One of the other Xbox 360 fanatics(classmate) had to admit that the PS3 has certain things better of than the Xbox 360, like free internet and the built-in expansions on PS3 unlike the Xbox 360(where you have to purchase things like internet seperately.)
Old 02-04-2007, 05:16 AM   #10
Johnpp

PS3 has built in internet?

Now, I like the Xbox, but I think my mind (If I ever get the choice) will change too PS3 becuase that feature.

I can't afford to spend lots o' money on internet.

Opera user.
IE hater.
JKA player.
DooM player.
Quake 2 player.
Real life player.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:29 AM   #11
milo
[]D [] []V[] []D [] []\[]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Atomic
just wait.......
For what?

"I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now,
Even though you broke my heart and killed me.
And tore me to pieces...
And threw every piece into a fire.
As I burned, it hurt because
I was so happy for you." - GLaDOS
milo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2007, 05:01 PM   #12
Jedi Atomic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo
For what?
just wait for the PS3 to be better in the long run, because right now it is doing worse than the xbox360. but like I said its newer and there is like a total of 10 games for it, which is sad.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:38 PM   #13
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Also, mind that no game can extract at least 1/3 of the console full power at the beggining; just look at the 360 pre-Gears of War: It was awful, and looked a lot like the original XBox
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #14
primalunderdog

Ok here is my review of these systems...and yes I have all 3

PS3: The PS3 looked good at first* you can surf the web and buy crap right from the dashboard. Pretty cool. The games havea pretty good FPS and visual glare that the 360 does not have. Graphics are good but are still bested by 360. Most of all its freakin 600 bucks. This was not worth the money. My computer cost 650 and I can do alot more with it than this.

Xbox 360: My first of the next gen...well it freezes every now and then but not that big of a problem. Privite chat sytem is cool but i wish you could more than 1 person. Graphics are the best out of the 3 but could change by by next year becuase the PS3 has way more potential power( but the 360 does too ). has the most and best games out right now.

Wii: I dont know why people compare this to the next gen systems. It is not about graphics. First off dont buy redsteel. The controller is realy cool. It has a speaker in it. Best of all its motion based not button. Though it does have buttons on it. Graphics are the worst of the nex gen but when I have freinds over guess what we play first.

primalunderdog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2007, 08:17 PM   #15
grievous797
Rookie

Heck, get a wii. A wii pwns all.

grievous797 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #16
Samurai DD

WII RULES!!! And a 360 is the best after it. Sony sucks crap.
Samurai DD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #17
Jedi Atomic
Veteran

I can't argue with that, that a Wii rocks, it's amazing my friend has it Problem is....we only play Wii Sports...... That has to be the best game for it most likely Wii Play too when it comes out, until Super Smash Bros comes out for Wii, that'll be the best game for the Wii.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:54 AM   #18
primalunderdog

Yeah dont get a PS3 its total crap.

Sony released 250k systems to feed a population of 3 million WTF?!?!?!
( and it sucks )

Old 02-08-2007, 02:21 AM   #19
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

What a thread for my return post. Sorry iv been away with no explination for awhile, my comp had a really bad virus and i had to re format it. I think the Xbox 360 is the best but thats from my prospective, the 360 has the strongest power and the best gaming graphics out there, despite i own one myself it is because my first console was an Xbox and i bought one for the game sequels and stuff...the PS3 in my opinion is no diferent to Xbox 360, besides its lame price and blu-ray dvd, and ofcoarse (worse) games. Wii is cool..not so much for me, but it cant be matched to PS3 or 360 for the reason that it supports the next-gen of realism and interactive gameplay, where it is not important how great the graphics or power is. I sugest if you previously owned a PS2 and love its games, get a PS3, same for Xbox 360...if you had an Xbox get it.
Carlo El Sanchez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2007, 02:38 AM   #20
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

I always thought the PS3 would own,k but considering Sony's foolishness, I dropped the idea. The Wii looks fun, but the game selection isn't particularly amusing. So I decided to stick with the X360. It's got an excellent selection of games and has just about everything you'd want.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2007, 05:30 AM   #21
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Wii>Xbox 360>PS3

That about sums it up, don't ya think?

Yes
Old 02-08-2007, 09:44 AM   #22
primalunderdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo El Sanchez
What a thread for my return post. Sorry iv been away with no explination for awhile, my comp had a really bad virus and i had to re format it. I think the Xbox 360 is the best but thats from my prospective, the 360 has the strongest power and the best gaming graphics out there, despite i own one myself it is because my first console was an Xbox and i bought one for the game sequels and stuff...the PS3 in my opinion is no diferent to Xbox 360, besides its lame price and blu-ray dvd, and ofcoarse (worse) games. Wii is cool..not so much for me, but it cant be matched to PS3 or 360 for the reason that it supports the next-gen of realism and interactive gameplay, where it is not important how great the graphics or power is. I sugest if you previously owned a PS2 and love its games, get a PS3, same for Xbox 360...if you had an Xbox get it.

First off the PS3 has been out about a year less than the 360. Therefore you cant realy say that it has less power becuase it does not. The 360 is not all that powerful. Being out a year before the PS3 also means that it has more games. ( not better ones ) The PS3 just needs some time.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #23
Jedi Atomic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by primalunderdog
First off the PS3 has been out about a year less than the 360. Therefore you cant realy say that it has less power becuase it does not. The 360 is not all that powerful. Being out a year before the PS3 also means that it has more games. ( not better ones ) The PS3 just needs some time.
Finally someones actually agrees with what I'm thinking and saying. Me and my friends were loking at many sites of comparisons, both seem to be the same, except for the Blue Ray, which I don't really care much about. "Oooh a different disc thingy."........................
Old 02-09-2007, 04:08 AM   #24
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by primalunderdog
By the time PS3 gets going, everyone wuld already have a 360 or Wii.

Yes
Old 02-09-2007, 04:55 AM   #25
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

Most people own an Xbox 360 by now anyway, and a Wii dosn't > Xbox 360!!, they may be different consoles with Wii being interactive and all but compared to graphics, gameplay and power...Nintendo Wii looks like a Nintendo 64 when compared to 360. And Xbox 360 for me has way better games than PS3, i mean come on...iv read Sony state that "their Halo" is Metal Gear Solid lol!...that's one of the lamest things i have ever heard.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:58 AM   #26
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

^I agree. 360 pwnz. But so does a Wii and Metal Gear. I like them all.

Yes
Old 02-09-2007, 07:26 AM   #27
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
@ Jedi Atomic: You have no excuse for not getting a Wii. But as for the Xbox360 and PS3, you'll have do decide between the two. My suggestion is to get a Wii+PS3 or Wii+Xbox360 combo. Choosing between the PS3 and Xbox360 will greatly depend on what kind of games you're into. There will be some exclusive titles that will appear only for the PS3 and only for the Xbox360, but the majority of games will end up being on both console anywayz. The PS3 may be "newer" but it and the 360 are on a very equal playing field when it comes right down to it.

@ AkumaSF: Wii will have more than just games like WarioWare.

@ Carlo El Sanchez: Yes, when it comes down to raw power and graphical output, the Xbox360 has the Wii beat, but Wii has so much the Xbox360 doesn't have and won't ever have. The smartest thing anyone could do is go for a Wii+ combo. Hell, I'd do it if it wasn't for the fact that I have absolutely no room to put a 360 or PS3!

Oh all of that raw power and graphics won't matter if a s*** game is still a s*** game. How about we all stop jerking around the idea that it's the consoles alone that make games great and get down to where the real action is. The damn games themselves.

But I do agree that it's lame to call Metal Gear Solid 4, Sony's "Halo"... MGS is a much more intelligent game than Halo ever was and ever will be.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2007, 07:56 AM   #28
Bob Lion54
Jr. Malkavian Detective

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
You have got to try Madden on the Wii. Its awesome.

Overall, I like the Wii. The game selection isn't great yet, but the system is still pretty new. Of course, they are updating the library of classic games you can download all the time. Its great to be able to play the original Zelda again! Its also the only console worth playing a FPS on, in my opinion. Red Steel is horrible overall, but its still fun when you first get the system.

I may get a 360 eventually, but not anytime soon. I really only play PC games myself.

PS3... well, lets just say I'm not impressed. Graphics are great. If all you care about is graphics then get a PS3, I guess. I've only played one at Best Buy. Its basically what you would expect. Nice graphics but more of the same.

I guess that about covers my thoughts...

Bob Lion54 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2007, 09:33 AM   #29
primalunderdog

Techincaly the PS3 has the most power.....personaly I could not care less about halo anymore. I used to play Halo 2 online until 1 in 3 people were hackers. MGS is realy a great game that some people just cant see. Does this mean ima get a PS3? Hell no!!

600 dollars for a more "powerful" system
or
400 for a more developed system thats fun as hell?

Old 02-09-2007, 07:57 PM   #30
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

Quote:
But I do agree that it's lame to call Metal Gear Solid 4, Sony's "Halo"... MGS is a much more intelligent game than Halo ever was and ever will be.
Lol, i agree with everything you said except that. Halo is alot better more fun gameplay i recon.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:07 PM   #31
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Halo is fun with its online multiplayer, but then again a tonne of FPS games that go online are like that, therefore that is the only advantage Halo has over MGS... But when it comes down to the story and one player action, etc... like I said, MGS is a MUCH more intelligent game than Halo. It's not me simply saying that Halo sucks, it's me bored with these standard FPS games cause I've played em all. They bore me.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:25 PM   #32
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

Yeah, i agree with you there.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #33
Johnpp

The best way to play a multiplayer game is a either to play a LAN or sort it out with you're freinds and have a hard password. Otherwise you will get people joining telling you how to play properly or 'Don't kill me, I am not ready!'. If it is just you and you're freinds or brothers or sisters it's much more fun than people you don't even know telling you how to play a game.

Opera user.
IE hater.
JKA player.
DooM player.
Quake 2 player.
Real life player.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:58 PM   #34
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

@Lynk: I know Wii has different type of games than Warioware, but that one looks the best.

Yes
Old 02-09-2007, 09:35 PM   #35
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
I'd like to get a Wii and then, later on, a 360. I've been struggling for a long time now to try and find a Wii but to no avail. It's really making me think about getting a 360 first and just putting off the Wii. I really really would like to avoid doing that but I've barely even seen the Wii games, let alone the system. It's a terrible shame that it's coming down to availability instead of a consoles merits.
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2007, 12:41 AM   #36
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

^ If you get headaches easily, from fast moving and dizzy camera angles dont get a Wii. Trust me, the camera views and moving are terribly hard to control, especialy on Red Steel. Go for a Xbox 360 or PS3.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:24 AM   #37
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
But that's a gameplay mechanic that is bound to vary drastically between games.

Need Help? massage message me
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2007, 02:58 AM   #38
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo El Sanchez
^ If you get headaches easily, from fast moving and dizzy camera angles dont get a Wii. Trust me, the camera views and moving are terribly hard to control, especialy on Red Steel. Go for a Xbox 360 or PS3.
Uh... Carlo. You get fast moving and dizzy camera angles from a lot of action oriented games no matter what platform they're on. Don't tell me you put the sensitivity on your games down to 0 or something.

Hell, the camera moved faster for me on Perfect Dark and GoldenEye more than it did on Red Steel and I have my settings for Red Steel on maximum. I like my FPS games to play where I don't actually see my target, but I know I got a headshot and am already onto the next.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:29 AM   #39
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former
Uh... Carlo. You get fast moving and dizzy camera angles from a lot of action oriented games no matter what platform they're on. Don't tell me you put the sensitivity on your games down to 0 or something.

Hell, the camera moved faster for me on Perfect Dark and GoldenEye more than it did on Red Steel and I have my settings for Red Steel on maximum. I like my FPS games to play where I don't actually see my target, but I know I got a headshot and am already onto the next.
Lol, no a Wii has really bad camera angles and when you face the nunchuck off the tv the camera goes spinning wildly...terrible. And ahh Red Steel graphics, alot like graphics of an original PS2 title, not great if Nintendo call Wii next-gen gaming, but in interactive circumstances i supose it works. Also i had Perfect Dark Zero on Xbox 360 when i bought it, i played it for about half an hour and returned it becuase it not only gave me a headache...but had weird gameplay, thats just me though.
Im very very picky when it comes to games, i aint a gamer that will have played nearly every game of its genre. I like a very few range of games.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:35 AM   #40
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

No, that's Red Steel. Red Steel is a very crappy game. That's not the hardware's fault, it's the developers fault. Big difference.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > Community Discussion > PS3 vs. Wii vs. Xbox360