lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Food for Thought
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-08-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
Romans1133
Lurker

Food for Thought

Here is something to think about.
How about some REAL LightSabers!
I know that they gave us those sissy trainingSabers in Kotor 1&2, I'm watching you KotorGameDevelopers.
Romans1133 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2007, 01:37 PM   #2
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

If my uber-charged up Lightsaber that does +100 damage with one poke in TSL is a training lightsaber...then I don't want to see a real lightsaber.

Then I think they should give us an even WEAKER lightsaber. That way, the game becomes much more harder, and therefore, more fun.

The way to increase the difficulty of a game is to either boost the enemies, or nerf the players. I call for the nerfing of players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #3
Romans1133
Lurker

Ahh but, of course I meant before the added mod to the sabers.
Orignally it had just been a training saber. We of course being resourceful,
had found ways to modify it with some blackMarket mods from whatever
world we came upon. So therefore we had to do ourselves, what the developers neglected.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:55 PM   #4
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScope001
The way to increase the difficulty of a game is to either boost the enemies, or nerf the players. I call for the nerfing of players.
I call for both.

But seriously, the games are too easy already. I play on difficult and never lose more than half my HP. If by "real" lightsaber you mean more powerful lightsabers, then I'm not for that. As SS001 said, the lightsabers that we have already do enough damage, so what's the point of making it even easier.

And btw, welcome to LucasForums Romans1133!

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2007, 02:08 PM   #5
Romans1133
Lurker

That the game should not be too easy, I agree.
But that I have to take turns with an insensitve forceUser is silly.
These kinds of fights become a hassle and are in the way of my gameing progress. When Fighting another JediOrSith, then really there should be no change, IF my attacks are blocked.

Otherwise, I am not using a lightsaber, I am using a glowstick.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:37 PM   #6
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
Otherwise, I am not using a lightsaber, I am using a glowstick.
Use Master Flurry and Master Speed, and you'll wipe through most enemies. The glowstick gets morphed into the real lightsaber you want...and the real lightsaber that I fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #7
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Ignoring some of the crystals I think the damage of the sabers are reasonable. Anything lower and I will go "to hell with glowsticks" and get myself a pair of rubberchickens... or frozen ewoks.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2007, 09:09 PM   #8
Canderous_ordo1
Rookie

i would like to see the lightsaber with a 110% percent damage in the game but a lot more fighting like i mean some times when on taris i might go back a second or a third time to beat up the rackgols and my system is good it knows l like beating up rackgols so it has rackgols and other and i find the lightsabers isent very fun right now

IM HERE IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE RIGHT

A TRUE WARRIOR IS ONE THAT CAN BEAT IT DOWN EVERY TIME IT RAISES ITS HEAD
Canderous_ordo1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2007, 01:16 AM   #9
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Anything lower and I will go "to hell with glowsticks" and get myself a pair of rubberchickens... or frozen ewoks.
'Post of the Month' material right there!

Phear my l33t Rubber Chicken Nunchaku!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2007, 07:08 PM   #10
aner21
Rookie

I think the lightsabers could be more powerfull, or at least have a greater range of crystals and other upgrades to choose from. In the end choosing crystal A or B doesn't make that much of a difference. I think your enemies should level up with you or else the game becomes to easy and boring. By the end my characters wipe the floor with most of the oposition in "automatic". Lightsabers are suppose to be unique and personal (especially for the jedi) and in both games they seem to come from the same shipment.
aner21 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Food for Thought