lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Pc vs Mac
PC 13 72.22%
Mac 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: PC vs Mac - You decide.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #1
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

PC vs Mac - You decide.

Im sure this topic on the legendary debate has been done before. But here it is again anyway! what do think is better PC or Mac ? despite Mac's have built in camera's and all the technology is in the monitor, i still like PC because its Microsoft and its the first proper computer i owned. Plus i think Microsoft know alot more about computers than Apple.
Carlo El Sanchez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
Voted PC.

I like to be able to play games.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2007, 10:45 PM   #3
grievous797
Rookie

PC all the way, I hate mac for not being able to play 99.9999999999999% of games.

grievous797 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2007, 12:58 AM   #4
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
PC. I don't remember ever using a Mac.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2007, 01:16 AM   #5
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I'm getting a Macbook Pro in the spring. Less problems, quicker fixes, ease of use, and stability like nobodies business convinced me.
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2007, 01:48 AM   #6
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

^ The first voter for Mac, make your Apple boys happy.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:25 AM   #7
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Intel Macs can run Windows XP so, voted Mac. I'd probably get a MacBook Pro if I had the money, being able to run Windows, OS X, and Linux would be worth it in my mind.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2007, 02:45 AM   #8
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I voted Mac for the same reason, though I'm wondering if there will be a workaround for PCs to run the Mac OS in the future since Macs use Intel CPUs now.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2007, 02:48 AM   #9
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur
I voted Mac for the same reason, though I'm wondering if there will be a workaround for PCs to run the Mac OS in the future since Macs use Intel CPUs now.
There's already an x86 Intel patch for OS X, it's not quite as stable as Apple's Bootcamp solution though.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2007, 03:38 AM   #10
Carlo El Sanchez
Banned

I hate Apple, they make cr*p expensive technology, that's the main reason i didn't vote for Mac. The not being able to play most games isn't an isue for me, i don't play any games on PC, it's all about Xbox 360 for me.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:58 AM   #11
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
PC. I hate Mac's, can't stand them. They can't play most games plus I hate there style. I just hate them.

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2007, 04:17 AM   #12
Jan Gaarni
Grand Moff

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
PC.

This is why.

No, not really, but it's a funny bit.

Empire At War Moderator
&
SWGalaxies Moderator

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
- May the pants be with you!

A smile is the shortest distance between people - Victor Borge!

Custom Avatar by Wraith 8
Jan Gaarni is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2007, 11:51 AM   #13
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Definitely PC. I new a guy who had a Mac, and he straight up hated it.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2007, 12:33 PM   #14
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

PC, Macs don't seem to be good for anything that I use a PC for.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2007, 02:26 PM   #15
RoxStar

Current Game: Everything Zelda
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Macs are superior. PCs simply have the majority of games developed natively for them. If developers devoted time to it, they could make Mac and linux games run just as well as their PC counterparts.

RoxStar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2007, 02:33 PM   #16
MrWally
Gunslinger

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagerWeasel
Definitely PC. I new a guy who had a Mac, and he straight up hated it.

I new [sic] a guy who had a life, and he straight up hated it.

Therefore, life must suck.

:P

I definitely prefer Macs, unless I'm gaming (which I don't have tons of time to do these days) Macs are more efficient and user friendly for just about everything a typical person would need, plus they are far superior when it comes to video and photo editing, which I do quite a bit of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion View Post
MrWally eats fresh babies in order to maintain his unnatural level of talent.
MrWally is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2007, 02:16 AM   #17
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
I will always prefer PC as I'm the build it yourself type. I go to the computer store and buy my parts and assemble my machine at my pace, kinda hard to do with a Mac. Not to mention I don't like having to take my machine to a Authorized & Licensed technician just to upgrade or have my machine fixed. However as Jmac pointed out you can run your Windows OS on a Mac which means you can run most any PC game on said Mac's Windows operating system, or at least in theory this should be the case. Of course you are going to run into games not running because of hardware incompatibility issues which frequently surface.

Me myself I bare no real Mac prejudices having operated both Mac's and PC's in my youth. Heck the first computer I ever used was an Apple IIe which was long before the Mac was ever created. Infact it wasn't untill 88' or so before we got our first PC in our home excluding our Commodore 64. Our 8088 was given to my dad by his employer to work from home which got replaced by A 386 in late 89' or so. So having access to a PC at home and Mac's at school allowed me to truly experience the differences between the 2 types of machines that isn't biased by the friend of a friend hates Mac's so I hate them too attitude many people have.

Besides without Mac's call center Tech support guys wouldn't have the ultimate punchline for tech support calls.

Guy calls in to tech support and is having all sorts of problems.

Tech support guy finally gets frustrated and asks, "Sir, do you have a child in the house?"

Guy says "Yes , I have an 8 year old daughter."

Tech Support, "Good could you put her on the phone for me please."

Daughter, "Hello?"

Tech support, "Hi little Suzie, can you help me help your daddy please?"

Daughter, "Sure."

Tech support, "Yes can you have your daddy package back up the computer and take it back to the store and trade it in for a Mac."

Daughter, "Yeah, but why?"

Tech support, "Because Mac's are computers for stupid..... Err, Mommies and Daddies that don't understand computers."

All of that said I wish Amiga would rise like A Phoenix as they were far ahead of both Mac's and PC's. My college roommate back in 95' had one of there last series of machine that had Amiga's OS, DOS(win3.1), UNIX, and Mac's latest OS at that time. Also you didn't store the OS on the Hard drive like you would with a standard PC instead the OS was wrote to a ROM chip on the motherboard. Also the motherboard supported upto 6 of these ROM chips, allowing you to have multiple OS's. The Amiga also possesed another unique feature allowing you to partition your RAM and create a RAM drive, or you could unpartition this space on the fly and allocate hard drive space as RAM. This RAM drive partitioning was prior to Win 95 and virtual memory, and unlike virtual memory it actually performed at the speed of physical memory when using the Hard drive space. So now the kicker if the Amiga was such a great machine why isn't it still around? Because of poor marketting and mismanagement at the time Amiga almost went 100% bellyup.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-12-2007, 02:42 AM   #18
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
You're right. Back in the day the Amiga (even the lowly 500) was one hell of a machine.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > Community Discussion > PC vs Mac - You decide.