lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: What do you want to be?
Non Jedi to start 7 21.21%
Jedi to start 18 54.55%
Be a youngling padwan & then grow up 5 15.15%
Sith to start 1 3.03%
Non force user 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: What do you think we should be on kotor3
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-20-2007, 03:31 PM   #1
Browny11uk
Rookie

What do you think we should be on kotor3

I think we should start of as a youngling & then grew up & be about level 3 when the main quest starts. But i dont want you to grew up in five minutes i want to do loads of stuff as a child & we see him/her grow infront of our eyes.
Browny11uk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2007, 03:08 AM   #2
jesusfreaks_90
Rookie

I also want to be a youngling but could we be stuck as one to long. How would you decide when is it time to grow up. I love the idea. But some people would want to start the main quest right away or close to the beginning. it would be nice but some people might not like it.
jesusfreaks_90 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2007, 05:30 AM   #3
Vaelastraz
Veteran

I would either like to be a non jedi, a stree-smart being living in the outer rim (yes I know cliché) or a fully grown-up Padawan.

I definitly don't want to see some kind of growing-up progress in the game. That may suit other games, but imo not Kotor.
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
PazaakPrincess

Current Game: Fable 2, Oblivion
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Agree not growing up, I prefer to play already grown-up characters but do wish to start as a Jedi this time instead of having to learn all your powers from scratch. I think they've used the plausible excuses for how you can be an adult without force powers but become a jedi still and so quickly.

I don't mind if you start out low level and build or have some sort of restrictions on force growth.

I really want to continue to play the Exile to be honest.

Call me Paz, PP sounds like you're p!$&ing on my head

My Kotor Fan Fiction
PazaakPrincess is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2007, 08:11 AM   #5
Cygnus Q'ol
Savior of Albion

Current Game: liberty city stories
No way am I going to go through puberty again, not even in a game.

I'd have to say, I'd like to continue this KotOR series as an adult with an affinity to the force but, of course, not developed yet. That's the fun part, building my character.

I agree, it's going to be challenging to create yet another good storyline to allow us to do something that is supposedly so unusual in the StarWars universe. Which is, learn and control the force as an adult and become a Jedi in such a short time. However, starting as a youngling would take us too far from the KotOR format which is (IMO) quite solid.

The Starbuck's in Bowerstone has Percolated Java Macchiatos.
Cygnus Q'ol is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2007, 01:52 AM   #6
Ragnerok
Lurker

i agree that you shuld be a youngling nd i have a few more ideas.

any1 eva heard of yaddle? the jedi that spent 100 years as a prisoner training? maybe at the start of the jedi civil war we get captured and imprisoned then 15 years later, after TSL, we escape. The whole time in imprisonment we were training so that we come out as a jedi?
Ragnerok is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2007, 02:04 AM   #7
DARTH_DANZIG
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusfreaks_90
I also want to be a youngling but could we be stuck as one to long. How would you decide when is it time to grow up. I love the idea. But some people would want to start the main quest right away or close to the beginning. it would be nice but some people might not like it.
I guess this is where my Radiance idea comes back into play(yet again). Funny how that works.

For the context:
You don't star off as a jedi at all(therefore for those who don't wanna be one)
You are eventually brought to the point of choosing to become one.
If so, there are a slew of BASIC help missions you could do with padawans, as the order is still thin and there is a period of temporary asignings to keep things fluidly-manageable.

And there is a major side quest akin to the main quest in value and rellevance, in that, how you choose to interact with it, which will have the option of also being interchangeable with the fluid theme, has an audible affect on the main story.

It really is that simple.
Answers all desires, and adds value. And work ofcourse.

SAMHAIN HAS REACHED THE FORCE!!!
Jedi are going mad, chaos is ensuing everywhere!!! And all this time the masters were still trying to piece together how you get the handle to just stay on the belt! A drunk jedi is always up for a good fight!!!
"Jawa juice?" "No make it a visarian brandy, I'm gonna need to clear my mind after that last mission."
"You know what I always wanted to see? A celebrity death match dual between Palpatine and GG allin"

Please refrain from using foul language in your signature and your posts in general. Thanks.
~LF Staff
DARTH_DANZIG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2007, 07:42 AM   #8
legend222
Rookie

As I have stated before I would like to play as Revan again but if there has to be a new PC I'd prefer to start as an adult. No kids this isn't Fable. If we do start as a child than that would eliminate any backstory of the character. A character without a interesting backstory would be boring.
legend222 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2007, 07:51 AM   #9
DARTH_DANZIG
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend222
As I have stated before I would like to play as Revan again but if there has to be a new PC I'd prefer to start as an adult. No kids this isn't Fable. If we do start as a child than that would eliminate any backstory of the character. A character without a interesting backstory would be boring.
I agree on this point. Being a kid is a bit far fetched.
However, being a coming of age adolescent would be ideal.
Like not even twenty yet.

Jedi are going mad, chaos is ensuing everywhere!!! And all this time the masters were still trying to piece together how you get the handle to just stay on the belt! A drunk jedi is always up for a good fight!!!
"Jawa juice?" "No make it a visarian brandy, I'm gonna need to clear my mind after that last mission."
"You know what I always wanted to see? A celebrity death match dual between Palpatine and GG allin"

Please refrain from using foul language in your signature and your posts in general. Thanks.
~LF Staff
Old 02-23-2007, 02:39 PM   #10
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

I would like to be either some random guy off the street or a fully-grown padawan. Either way, the devs will have to come up with a good reason as to why this person is powerful enough to go stop the True Sith.

Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2007, 06:05 PM   #11
Kas'!m

I want to start off as Revan or Exile. I'm tried of switching players and having to start over learning about the person from the last game.
Kas'!m is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2007, 06:20 PM   #12
Fish.Stapler

I want to be someone who was a Padawan at the middle of the Jedi Civil War. You were becoming very powerful, and you were concerning the Masters greatly with the affinity you showed with the force. When your master fell to the dark side, they found evidence of his dark taint on you, and though you received an offer to continue training, you left in disgust because many Jedi were treating you awkwardly or badly since your master went rogue and you were an enigma. You were one of those Jedi who "switched off" his lightsaber VOLUNTARILY after the Jedi Civil War, and after the council was refounded by the Lost Jedi and others you accepted the call to come back since it was a new order who had a new mentality about you.

Fish.Stapler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2007, 07:53 PM   #13
Devilsfanatic

How about we get to play as this guy

?

Darth Milhouse
Devilsfanatic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-23-2007, 08:59 PM   #14
DARTH_DANZIG
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagerWeasel
I would like to be either some random guy off the street or a fully-grown padawan. Either way, the devs will have to come up with a good reason as to why this person is powerful enough to go stop the True Sith.
Hold on dude, we can't even be sure that's what's going to be going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish.Stapler
I want to be someone who was a Padawan at the middle of the Jedi Civil War. You were becoming very powerful, and you were concerning the Masters greatly with the affinity you showed with the force. When your master fell to the dark side, they found evidence of his dark taint on you, and though you received an offer to continue training, you left in disgust because many Jedi were treating you awkwardly or badly since your master went rogue and you were an enigma. You were one of those Jedi who "switched off" his lightsaber VOLUNTARILY after the Jedi Civil War, and after the council was refounded by the Lost Jedi and others you accepted the call to come back since it was a new order who had a new mentality about you.

Ohyeah, well I wanna be a terminator jedi.
He'll be born from a nuclear missile that went off before the republic was founded. Spending time since serving as a personal house made until the conception of personal droids arose in inspiration to the terminators presence.
And now after the jedi civil war, he has the choice to join the jedi and become a real boy.
Or force up with the dark side, and manipulate, deceive and lie until his nose grows into a gigantic lightsaber.
...No I like your idea.

~LF Staff
Old 02-24-2007, 11:38 AM   #15
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARTH_DANZIG
Hold on dude, we can't even be sure that's what's going to be going on.
True, but that doesn't change the fact that I would much rather be a new character starting out as a Jedi. The most important thing to me is not being Revan or the Exile. We have no idea where they are or what happened to them, so suddenly becoming them would not be good.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:58 PM   #16
Jediphile
Persona non grata

The problem with both Revan and the exile is that they are already very powerful characters. The only way you could play as either of them is if the character lost his powers and had to start over at level 1. I mean, you really can't begin the game at level 20+, because it would rob us of the progressive element that is key to these games. Besides, how would Revan/Exile be built? We all played them differently, after all...

And, of course, we've already played the jedi-who-lost-all-his-powers-and-had-to-start-over twice, which means doing so would be VERY unoriginal.

A young adult padawan seems to be the best solution to me. Someone similar in training (but NOT disposition or manners!) to the Disciple, who were stranded after the jedi order was split. Could be someone who lost his/her master to the jedi civil war and was left with no one to train him/her after all the jedi died or scattered.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-24-2007, 01:31 PM   #17
Fish.Stapler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish.Stapler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
A young adult padawan seems to be the best solution to me. Someone similar in training (but NOT disposition or manners!) to the Disciple, who were stranded after the jedi order was split. Could be someone who lost his/her master to the jedi civil war and was left with no one to train him/her after all the jedi died or scattered.
This is the only way I can imagine them pulling it off. Besides, I can't imagine it being fun to replay the Exile or Revan, especially starting as high level characters. Making new friends and a new character is part of the charm for me.

Fish.Stapler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-24-2007, 06:12 PM   #18
Jade shiseido
Rookie

I'd like to be the offspring of a Visas/Exile union. Kreia warned there would be "difficulties" should such a union take place. It would make for interesting game play, not really knowing what destiny awaits...the repercussions of two wounds in the force contained within a single character...perhaps a true sith is born.
Jade shiseido is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-24-2007, 06:37 PM   #19
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade shiseido
I'd like to be the offspring of a Visas/Exile union. Kreia warned there would be "difficulties" should such a union take place. It would make for interesting game play, not really knowing what destiny awaits...the repercussions of two wounds in the force contained within a single character...perhaps a true sith is born.
Since the exile has been declared female by canon that will not happen, I fear.

Besides, if the character must be human again, I think it would be far more interesting to be the offspring of Saul Karath.

I'd like the option to be alien, though.

Old 02-24-2007, 06:49 PM   #20
Jade shiseido
Rookie

Quote:
Since the exile has been declared female by canon that will not happen, I fear.
Technology and turkey basters can work miracles. I still want to be Visas/Exile's offspring.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:54 PM   #21
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Technology and turkey basters can work miracles. I still want to be Visas/Exile's offspring.
Well, you can't have it!

No charging up anyone's loading ramp here!!

Old 02-24-2007, 06:59 PM   #22
Jade shiseido
Rookie

Quote:
Well, you can't have it!

No charging up anyone's loading ramp here!!
<stomps off dejectedly, grumbling> stupid jedi rules, never get to have any fun
Old 02-24-2007, 07:08 PM   #23
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
<stomps off dejectedly, grumbling> stupid jedi rules, never get to have any fun

Old 02-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #24
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
hmmm, how about Vrook and Atris' love child 'There is no passion there is serenity'... 'You said it Master Vrook'.

More seriously someone from one of the Outer Rim worlds, possibly Taris... Failed Padawa uder Vrook et al. Or maybe a Sith student?

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2007, 03:06 PM   #25
Jade shiseido
Rookie

Let me play as Yuthura Ban, she was an extremely intriguing character, had a great back story, commanding sultry presence, and even though she was on the road to lightside recovery I somehow think she may take a few detours along the way. Besides I look good in lavender and I've always wanted pain free tattoos.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:14 PM   #26
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7
hmmm, how about Vrook and Atris' love child 'There is no passion there is serenity'... 'You said it Master Vrook'.
GAH!!!! [rolls sanity check...]

What a horrible, horrible idea... you nasty, nasty person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7
More seriously someone from one of the Outer Rim worlds, possibly Taris... Failed Padawa uder Vrook et al. Or maybe a Sith student?
Hmm... I don't know about Taris... That seems to tie in with the new KotOR comic book more than is good somehow.

Quote:
Let me play as Yuthura Ban, she was an extremely intriguing character, had a great back story, commanding sultry presence, and even though she was on the road to lightside recovery I somehow think she may take a few detours along the way. Besides I look good in lavender and I've always wanted pain free tattoos.
I think Yuthura is unlikely because her fate is so uncertain in KotOR1. Even if you don't kill her and instead redeem her, she's just as likely to have been killed on Dantooine when Malak attacked. I think we're unlikely to see Atris again for similar reasons...

Old 02-25-2007, 03:18 PM   #27
Jade shiseido
Rookie

Okay, now I want to be Jediphile in K3.

But a woman who can escape off Korriban during a Sith Academy uprising surely has the wherewithal to get outta Dodge/Dantooine. Besides if a mean spirited bugger like Vrook can survive....

Last edited by Jade shiseido; 02-25-2007 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:58 PM   #28
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Okay, now I want to be Jediphile in K3.

Sorry, I got dips on that...

Besides, I'm not sure you'd like the option - clearly you don't know me well enough...

Quote:
But a woman who can escape off Korriban during a Sith Academy uprising surely has the wherewithal to get outta Dodge/Dantooine. Besides if a mean spirited bugger like Vrook can survive....
Yeah, I kind of like Yuthura too. Took me long enough to even realise you could redeem her, though. Still, the problem isn't that she couldn't have survived Dantooine. As you say, we can assume pretty much whatever we want about that, since everybody seems to have survived it - certainly Vandar survived it long enough to be killed either by Revan's betrayal at the end of KotOR or by Nihilus on Katarr in TSL along with Dorak, and clearly Vrook made it also.

But as Revan you had the very real option of killing Yuthura in KotOR, and you actually had to go out of your way to prevent that from happening. That being the case, Yuthura's fate is precarious at best, and nothing annoys people more than seeing a character you killed in the last game turn up again. So the fate of Yuthura is probably not going to be explored more in the games, I think. She would be relevant to pick up in a comic book, since Revan is LS in canon and so could be assumed to have redeemed her. Still, even if she survived Dantooine, Yuthura is likely to have been killed in Sion's and Nihilus' subsequent shadow war, I fear...

Wookieepedia also seems to favor that possibility. Not that we have to listen to Wookieepedia, but still...
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yuthura

Old 02-25-2007, 08:38 PM   #29
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
GAH!!!! [rolls sanity check...]

What a horrible, horrible idea... you nasty, nasty person!
Muhahahahah!!!! *does Dr. Evil finger too mouth*

In K3.... Vrook Force Ghost to PC 'Search your feelings... I am your father, you noooooo it to be true.'

Atton 'Thats a really poor line, I really hope some weird looking guy in a black suit and James Earles Voice doesnt think thats a good line and says its too his son in a couple thousand years'

Quote:
Hmm... I don't know about Taris... That seems to tie in with the new KotOR comic book more than is good somehow.
Havent read them myself... I do kind of like the Idea of being a Mandalorian though, possibly a Mandalorian Padawan at a time of the Mandalorian Wars thrown out the Jedi Order due to people not knowing where your loyalties are... I'm a fan of that!

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2007, 10:04 PM   #30
Lord Foley

No growing up process. That would be awful. I have plenty of reasons, but I don't have enough time to say them all. Maybe later.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."
―Vergere to Jacen Solo
Lord Foley is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2007, 01:14 AM   #31
Rogue Spy
Banned

Should start off as a mercinary or a loser of the galaxy that nobosy has heard of - get in the middle of a war, and climb yourself to the top of the mountain as a powerful Jedi or somthing else. It's an idea
Rogue Spy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2007, 01:18 AM   #32
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I want to start off as a Jedi class, but not become a Jedi, until after the tutorial. I assume that the Jedi (Or Sith, depending on storyline) will discover your Force Sensitivity and take you for training. Like Rogue Spy said, begin as someone who the galaxy hasn't heard of, to a hero/heroine. No growing up process though.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-04-2007, 12:19 PM   #33
sneakyfish
Lurker

I think you should start out as either a lovechild between Revan and Exile. Or start out as a true sith that was attacked by Revan or exile, and shown mercy by them and that's what creates the dichotomy between your dark side past, and the possibility of becoming a true light side Jedi.
sneakyfish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2007, 06:56 AM   #34
azzakabaz
Rookie

i think that u should choose ur alignment at the begining of the game and if u choose sith u begin on a sith controled planet and are being trained to use the dark side by some young hot looking girl(has 2 be realy good looking) or u choose the jedi and start on corusant in the jedi temple and are being trained by a little yoda thng (but not yoda) and starting on a populated planet give the opotunity of many quests wether its helping others on corusant or destroying them on some sith planet MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA and also i think u should start of at around 18yrs old that way u dont realy have a past and can still learn lots (plus ur legal age )

but there r 2 main things i want fromt he game and that is u can continue playing after the stroyline is finished like oblivion and u can go to most planates in the star wars galazie specialy the jedi temple on Coruscant
azzakabaz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2007, 08:50 AM   #35
legend222
Rookie

I think it would be nice if you start as Sith follower of Revan who abandoned the Sith Order before the end of the war for some personal reason. The PC should be one of those Dark Jedi that was one of Revan's closest allies (one who had seen Revan without his mask like the Dark Jedi in the Rakatan Temple). Then the game starts just after the Exile has left to search for Revan. This could make an interesting back story and explain why the PC gets powerful so fast, because he\she already has training.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #36
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

No love-child of Revan and Exile! No!

My Exile hates Revan for trying to kill him. Sure, I can grudingly work with Revan to stop the greater threat, but my Exile would NEVER sleep with the killer. NEVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2007, 01:04 PM   #37
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Revan and Exile lovechild? Absolutely not. First, that would force us to live with the canonical gender's for them, which I would hate. Second, I don't think Revan would leave Bastila.

Old 03-05-2007, 01:09 PM   #38
legend222
Rookie

The idea of a child of Revan and the Exile is not a good one. It relies on canon and not everyone excepts canon for what it is (Revan being a LSM and the Exile being LSF), I know I don't. Besides it would take to long after K3.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #39
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I would want to be a Jedi, but different. Revan, Exile, Anakin/Vader, they all messed up big time, killed there own, helped, if not personally laid waste to the galaxy, but were redeemed.

What if you were the guy who did the right thing, didn't go to war, completed your training, but nobody cared, You watched the Jedi destroy themselves.

You grow bitter with the way you were overlooked, how your selfless acts went unnoticed, how Revan's arrogance went unchecked. you decide to leave the order.

you manage to avoid the subsequent Nihilus-Sion-Traya take over bid.

INTRO

While gathering supplies(having conversations to fill in the story, determine class etc) on a random spaceport you bump into Bastila, who informs you that she and an unlikely band of wannabe Jedi are attempting to follow Revan into the unknown regions to meet this so called Sith threat.

Disillusioned, do you swallow your pride and help them, or do feign loyalty and follow them for your own means?

I would like you to be a bit younger than Revan and the exile, but old enough to of been an experienced padawan or a young Knight during the mandalorian wars.

Last edited by adamqd; 03-05-2007 at 02:55 PM.
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #40
legend222
Rookie

I prefer you start as a Sith (with the story from my previous post) and find your self on some backwater planet on the edge of the galaxy with a small population, a place where no one has heard of you (and your dark past). Suddenly a fleet comes from hyper space you don't recognise it it's design it's neither Rakatan nor Republic. The invaders have destroyed the communication satellites so no help can be called. Then your main quests start. You must find a way to escape the planet before it's invaded. As the game progresses you learn that these were True Sith scouts. You find out of Revan and the Exile and decide that you must help them before it's too late and the Republic is destroyed and you can be redeemed, or to take vengeance against the true Sith for attacking you and maybe become they're master.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > What do you think we should be on kotor3