lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What worlds do you want in KOTOR 3?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-20-2007, 12:11 PM   #161
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Well, I'd disagree. Coruscant and Correllia, both human worlds, sign a peace treaty to create the foundations of the Republic, HOWEVER if the human homeworld was Coruscant, then why would there need to be such a treaty to begin with? Coruscant would have just colonized Correllia and annex it.

I think there is no "original" human homeworld. They all indepedently appeared out of nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2007, 12:54 PM   #162
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzella
Nal Hutta perhaps? that'd be suitably dark and miserable

Jabiim aswell because i find the idea of a world where it's constantly raining interesting.
Jabiim is like a planet of Seattle without the coffee.

Well, there must be a human homeworld, but its something lost to tiem, jsut like the original Duro homeworld.

Coruscant is most definitely not a human homeworld. The planet is originally the homeworld of another species named Taung or soemthing like that. Humans colonize the world and kick the original species of Taung out.

Taung would move to a planet and eventually become the Founders of Mandalorians.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2007, 01:26 PM   #163
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScope001
Well, I'd disagree. Coruscant and Correllia, both human worlds, sign a peace treaty to create the foundations of the Republic, HOWEVER if the human home world was Coruscant, then why would there need to be such a treaty to begin with? Coruscant would have just colonized Correllia and annex it.

I think there is no "original" human home world. They all independently appeared out of nowhere.
I know there were Zhell and Taung civilizations inhabiting coruscant about 200,000 bby, Zhell being "possible" Human ancestors and the Taungs are rumored to be the near human original Mandolorians, but this is before the Humans made there first hyperdrive's based on the Rakatan design, so maybe they did originate on multiple planets, Archaeologists have stated that due to coruscant's constant building and expansion, the lowest level is only 100,000 years old, making it impossible to find traces of the planets beginings...

back to Topic...

Coruscant

Ziost

Arkania

Alderaan

Byblos (Drive Yards)

Cinnagar

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2007, 01:36 PM   #164
Weave

Here's my top 10:

Dromund Kaas (Crazy Dark-sided... the True Sith would definitely be here)
Ziost (can't have True Sith without the capital planet of the Sith)
Coruscant (who doesn't want to see this planet?)
Thule (Sith planet with temple)
Dathomir (It's fallen in and out of Sith control all throughout the history of Star Wars)
Utapau (One of the first strongholds for the forerunners of the Jedi)
Mandalore or Ordo (Hey, Canderous needs some love)
Arkania (Used to be part of the Old Sith Empire)
Ambria (Well, it's got a lake that is saturated with dark-sided-ness)
Ando Prime (Bendu Monks were a light-sided organization here... I think its got a few temples... plus its got swoop racing!)

Planets I'd like to see return:

Korriban
Dxun/Onderon
Lehon (Rakata Prime would be cool to see again...)
Telos (will probably play a major part)
Nar Shaada/Nal Hutta

Dark Side and Light Side

Weave is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2007, 04:03 PM   #165
Empress Padme
Forumite

Coruscant, Yevin, the unknown regions( mostly to find Revan and get Revan back home)

you can find me here since I have left LF :

http://starwarsknightscouncil.com/
Empress Padme is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2007, 06:19 PM   #166
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, remember that even before the development of Hyperspace stardrive travel, species may have been moving around in their galaxy already, thru really really fast sub-light-isque engine. It may take years or decades to move from place to place, but it is possable. Another case would be humans being transplanted from one place to another via the Advance species. This may be the Rakatans, but may be any of the super-high tech ancient race that moves around the universe. In the less than ancient times, we have seen what a high-tech race like Arkanians can do to species, so the ancient ones can do much more if they desired to.

If there are engines in the galaxy far far away that makes instant teleportation even. So there might be engines some steps weaker than the hyperspace travel stuff.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #167
shadowtrooper69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScope001
Well, I'd disagree. Coruscant and Correllia, both human worlds, sign a peace treaty to create the foundations of the Republic, HOWEVER if the human home world was Coruscant, then why would there need to be such a treaty to begin with? Coruscant would have just colonized Correllia and annex it.
american revolution *cough *cough
shadowtrooper69 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2007, 10:59 PM   #168
Weave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowtrooper69
american revolution *cough *cough
Need some water?

Dark Side and Light Side

Weave is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2007, 10:16 AM   #169
MacTavish

I think they should use the planet Dorin. I always thought the game could use some Kel Dor , with the Baran Do Sages and all...

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2007, 10:26 AM   #170
Seakel
Lurker

I'd also like to see Rakata Prime again. Somehow the fishies found a way into my heart.
Seakel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-27-2007, 04:07 PM   #171
Shadow Talon
Rookie

I might create some brain smashing with this post but...

Coruscant is the homeworld of humans in human history. But humans colonized many planets because of the actions of there ancestors. Many, many, many, MANY years ago before hiperdrive and even Jolee Bindo ( ) they used cryostasis to freeze people to survive long years of space travel. Basicly they played darts with the galaxy. Thus many planets are found with humans in Star Wars universe. So, yes I would very much like to see Coruscant, and the Jedi Temple, and the Consulate so I can booby trap it to have a ''sudden'' and ''unsuspected'' explosion due to the instalation on his hover thingie. I dont meant to kill him, just to relive him of his manliness. The problem is I need to time it just right.
) ) MuaHaHaHaHa!

Even in brightest of days I am behind you.
Shadow Talon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2007, 02:41 PM   #172
Son of Skywalker15
Rookie

I'd like to see this planets in Kotor III:

Dromund Kaas
Ziost
Coruscant
Dathomir
Mandalore
Arkania

Planets I'd like to see return in Kotor III:

Korriban
Dxun/Onderon
Lehon
Telos

Founder & PR of EUCantina.net -- All Expanded Universe, all the time
Son of Skywalker15 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #173
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Talon
I might create some brain smashing with this post but...
Not at all, what you say is written in various sources, the only discrepancy is the home-world of the humans being coruscant, it is probable but not for certain. But for the sake of story they've been there longer than they've been anywhere that we've heard of (yet)

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2007, 03:12 PM   #174
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Coruscant is the homeworld of humans in human history. But humans colonized many planets because of the actions of there ancestors. Many, many, many, MANY years ago before hiperdrive and even Jolee Bindo ( ) they used cryostasis to freeze people to survive long years of space travel. Basicly they played darts with the galaxy. Thus many planets are found with humans in Star Wars universe. So, yes I would very much like to see Coruscant, and the Jedi Temple, and the Consulate so I can booby trap it to have a ''sudden'' and ''unsuspected'' explosion due to the instalation on his hover thingie. I dont meant to kill him, just to relive him of his manliness. The problem is I need to time it just right.
) ) MuaHaHaHaHa!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,

I don't like the idea of the SW universe being linked to ours , why can't humans just pop-up out of nowhere ?

TOpic :

No new planets need (or moons) I think theirs already enough interesting "stuff" to choose from .

How many worlds can there be , before they all start to look alike .

So Mandalorian home world would be cool , to see what that "hard-head" Ordo is up to .

Ziost or Korriban ( just a old/new Sith world really)
Rusaan perhaps , before Bane arrives ofcourse , no need to look at a dust bowl , been on Tatooine already.

Home world of Twi'leks or Cathar ?

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2007, 11:00 AM   #175
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Actually, Ryloth would be a lovely idea.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:47 AM   #176
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
Well... a lot of people have already mentioned planets i'd like to see, but i have a few too:
Ilum (maybe have some specila trainign were you go to ilm to build a lightsaber?)
Kashyyyk (i always liked the shadowlands and that cool wookie village...)
Zhar (i always liked silver gas planets with plenty of moons)

And who cares where humans ame from in starwars? i don't want to see a movie onyl with aliens in it. besides, it's cheaper to use humans as actors instead of using digitally created aliens in movies.
So here's my explanation: "Humans will exist in the starwar universe even though it doesn't make sense." Said the force. and poof! humans were there!
let's leave it at that.

Please feed the trolls. XD

Last edited by Arcesious; 08-15-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2007, 02:16 PM   #177
Allronix
Forumite

I would utterly adore Tython (the planet where the Jedi allegedly began) to be seen in a game.

Allronix - KOTOR Filefront Supporter
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/

Please bring your mods. They'll give them a good home!
Allronix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #178
Arcesious

What's Tython? i've never heard of it. maybe i need to read up on my starwars history i guess.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #179
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcesious
What's Tython? i've never heard of it. maybe i need to read up on my starwars history i guess.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tython

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #180
Arcesious

So that's what tha tplanet is.... interesting read.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #181
Thor the Bassis
Rookie

As a modder the best idea to me would be to make it with the capability of adding an unlimited number of planets quite easily. I'd like to see the original game with Taris, Coruscant, Corellia, Mon Calamari and Nal Hutta - but as the paradise world it was before the Hutts took over - then maybe it could be done in another game as a Hutt world.

However, if it was open-ended in the way of world construction new worlds could be created by the mod community or the developers and released as side projects to the storyline.

This is going off a bit but I would really like a internet community game where you move between worlds and play against other players - possibly a single player campaign then a multiplayer online environment as two separate game styles?

Sometimes in life you're the pigeon. Other times you're the statue.
Thor the Bassis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2007, 05:51 PM   #182
MacTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
Inhabited by terantatek? Now that would be an interesting Kotor planet indeed.

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #183
Arcesious

Nal hutta used to be a lush, green world home to the peaceful Evocii race. The hutts droe the Evocii off of the planet, and thne poluted it into a swamp world of polution, nad ironically called it nal hutta- Glorious jewel.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:44 PM   #184
Lord Revan63
Rookie

I think they should put a dream world like all the enemies and heroes Revan and the Exile fought and been with. But like the tomb in Korriban the Exile had, but like a test for kotor 3: last 1 living is the true Jedi/Sith. That'll be a kick @$$ world really. All them: Revan, Bastila, Atton, Canderous... etc but all of them are fake, just dreams you know like, but you can fight(must) and when you kill the main they all don't fade away!

The Way Of The Sith Is Not One Who Is Strong But One Who Is Correct, Darth Revan, Lord Of War!!!

Last edited by stoffe; 08-16-2007 at 08:39 AM. Reason: attempted to decipher it to something resembling English words a bit more.
Lord Revan63 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2007, 12:14 AM   #185
Da_Man_2423
Forumite

Current Game: NCAA Football 10
I've said it before but I'll say it again. As long as they put more than 6 planets in, it's fine by me. There really doesn't need to be a huge amount of Sith planets or anything. The Star Wars Galaxy is just too big with too many important worlds to only put a few of them in.
Da_Man_2423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-17-2007, 08:04 AM   #186
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Besides Coruscant (was looking at the Jedi Temple article on Wookieepedia, and immediately thought of how cool it would be to wander the halls of the Jedi Temple in Kotor ), it doesn't really matter what planets they implement in the game, as long as there's variation, and we don't get Dantooine and Korriban all over again.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2007, 05:36 PM   #187
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
I would like to see Coruscant, and Ziost.
logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2007, 05:39 PM   #188
Arcesious

What's Zoist?

Old 08-18-2007, 07:10 PM   #189
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
The planet the Sith species adopted as their homeworld after they left Korriban when their leader Adas died there. You can find more about it here.
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-18-2007, 10:24 PM   #190
CommanderRyan
Lurker

Corusant
Korriban
Yavin 4
Kasshk
Ziost
Alderaan

We Have Lost Control Kill Everone

Last edited by CommanderRyan; 08-18-2007 at 10:40 PM.
CommanderRyan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2007, 04:03 PM   #191
MandoBlood
Rookie

Corusant (like Taris, multiple levels)
Telos (rebuilt)
Yavin 4 (MASSASSI!)
Kashyyyk (harder please!)

Darth En Ghedi
Fan Force Portugal CR & Admin
http://fanforcept.blogspot.com
501st Legion Lusitanian Outpost Admin
http://501stportugal.blogspot.com
Fan Fiction Author
http://fanfictionpt.blogspot.com
MandoBlood is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2007, 11:49 PM   #192
Jvstice

Wink

Coruscant
gameplay: similar to Taris in K1.
Storyline: To see what the Jedi order is rebuilt into, and what its' like in the first generation after it was wiped out. To see some of the things mentioned in the first 2 games. The room of 1,000 fountains for example. Also so that we don't have to see Dantooine yet again for a LS Jedi temple and training ground.

Yavin 4
gameplay: Similar to layout of Kashyyk without having some ridiculous explanation why the wookies were letting their people be enslaved in less than a decade later. Lots of Sith tombs to search and / or loot.
storyline: what happened to the Massassi? Lost secrets of Sith Alchemy.

Iridonia: What happened in the 3,000 years between K2 and Darth Bane: Path of Destruction to turn loyal Zabrak allies of the Old Republic to join the Sith of the time of 1000 years before the battle of Yavin. I like the idea of seeing a sith school other than the one on Korriban. It would be interesting to see how their method of instruction differs, and maybe whether the holocron Revan discovered from Tulak Horde's temple may be the genesis or their training program.

Sith Capital and perhaps another DS world or so - whether that's Ziost, it's moon, or some other world where the Sith race have moved their seat of political and or military power. Also Ruusan and Steness both come to mind as worlds with a strong tie to the force and with a bit of DS taint.

Sleyheyron
gameplay: Similar enough to Taris in K1 or Nar Shadaah in K2, but plenty of new struggles to keep the game interesting. Also little known of future history, so it is possible that slaves are freed and economic and political basis is changed drastically.
storyline: An utterly corrupt world that has Hutt crime bosses, slave uprisings, and assassination as a major part of the normal way of doing bussiness.

At least one of the following:
Telos: The droid factory, but I really don't want to see a lot of emphasis on the whole planetary restoration. Bao Dur, Atris, Bryanna, and Hk-47 all have legitimate reason to be there though, and I would like to hear more of their characters. Perhaps if Hk-47 were shown trying to mold his later model numbers into a successor to the genoharradan who is more ammenable to Revan's wishes? Perhaps also hearing about how Telos becomes where the Jedi send their force sensitives who are not fit to become Jedi either due to an unwillingness to learn the weapons and ways of battle, or willingness to draw on the dark side...

Taris: It would be sufficiently different after Malak's bombing of the planet's surface and 10 years or so of being overrun by Rhakghouls to make a return interesting. Also since Canderous, Zalbar, Juhani, and Mission all have histories there; any or all of them could be intertwined in the political life, the restoration efforts, or trying to bring order to the world.

Lehon: The "Unnamed world" and home of the Rakata / Rakata priestly caste.

M4-78 - so much has been mentioned about this world that I'd like to see it in K3 if not K2.

Katar: What was Visas supposed to see (or not supposed to, depending on your point of view)?

Tattooine: I kind of want to see again since it's so central to the main SW storyline, but not if there isn't a good gameplay reason to go there. The Jawa & Sandpeople storylines were great, and I wouldn't mind seeing them pick up the whole liberate the sand people from Czerka that bioware thought about doing but backed out of from K1.

Kashyyk: another one I'm torn about. Perhaps if there were a wookie civil war or something, but I couldn't realistically see the wookies already back under the dominion of slavers without even a decade passing. Wookies are supposed to be tough, and I'd like that the whole freedom fight w/ Revan wasn't a wasted effort. The idea of a face off between Zalbar and Hanhar has a lot of appeal to me, and is almost enough to have me willing to give up on my other misgivings.

Cinnagar: It appeared in the TOJ comic series as one of the most politically important regions in the 5,000 YBY EU. Items from Cinnagar and the Empress Teta system in general keep turning up in Kotor 1 & 2, and it seems that they are still important at least in regards to manufacturing weapons and armor. Also they seemed to have a very varied terrain, in a desert environment. There were Hutts and many aliens and people, as well as different creatures.

Other worlds strike me that they could be interesting to see, but as far as both gameplay and storyline so far, I look at both converging best with the ones I suggested just now...

Last edited by Jvstice; 08-22-2007 at 02:28 AM.
Jvstice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2007, 12:12 AM   #193
Bedlem Wildfire
Lurker

I would like to see a much BIGGER and HARDER MORE UNFAIR WORLD THAN EVER!! I want a realistic game that you pretty much can't reload if you die.(unfortunately thats impossible) .But something like that , something unfair and realistic.And it would be nice to not have to be a jedi . To be able to NOT to choose what you are but discover yourself as the game moves forward. What you all think?
Bedlem Wildfire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2007, 05:56 AM   #194
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlem Wildfire
I would like to see a much BIGGER and HARDER MORE UNFAIR WORLD THAN EVER!! I want a realistic game that you pretty much can't reload if you die.(unfortunately thats impossible) .But something like that , something unfair and realistic.And it would be nice to not have to be a jedi . To be able to NOT to choose what you are but discover yourself as the game moves forward. What you all think?
While I might play such a game, I also think that it doesn't sound like KotOR3 to me. Reloading is not going to change, I bet, and of course you must be a jedi - the game is called "Knights of the Old Republic". There is no doubt jedi knights are at the center of these games.

I've heard people argue in the favor of anything from a prequel on the Mandalorian Wars, a MMORPG, and a game with a non-jedi main character. All fine and good. Those could all be excellent games, and I might play them too. But they are not KotOR3. Not in my book.

To see larger worlds would be nice, though. Tatooine sure didn't manage to convey the sense of vast, empty desert in KotOR, nor did Telos or Malachor in TSL. Obviously we're not going to get five worlds that are each the size of the latter GTA games, but it would be nice to have large, empty landscapes, that you would use your swoop-bike/landspeeder/whatever to traverse, since walking would take hours in real-time play. That would at least convey a sense of distance for the worlds, even if you don't do it on all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvstice
M4-78 - so much has been mentioned about this world that I'd like to see it in K3 if not K2.
Take a peek right here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRzRF-5QtAI

Old 10-16-2007, 12:07 PM   #195
Darth Xander
Riding Pterodactyls

Current Game: Star Wars KOTOR II
Coruscant: To unite whats left of the Jedi or destroy them!
Sleheyron: To deal with the exchange once and for all!
Whats left of Taris: To retrace Revan's steps
Katarr: To help Visas come to terms with her loss!

Darth Xander is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2007, 01:52 PM   #196
Lord Revan63
Rookie

I Think I like what others said like Oh W/e planets....But 1 Good Altime one would be Kamino Yes its a little boring but like ur own clone....they're never told about and in Episode 2 that guy at the Restraunt.. when obi-wan see's him about the dart they should let u see the Place in its pride and glory, and why it was a lost world(i mean before anyone knew about it in Records)

The Way Of The Sith Is Not One Who Is Strong But One Who Is Correct, Darth Revan, Lord Of War!!!
Lord Revan63 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #197
Master Shake

Current Game: kotor 3
I dont think it should be more planets just that more places on the planet should be explorable, but some planets I would really like to see would be Tython and maybe Coruscant.
Master Shake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2007, 01:41 AM   #198
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
I would like to have Coruscant, Tattoine, Correllia, Ossus, and Naboo, or something along those lines....

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2007, 04:56 AM   #199
T3-M4
Rookie

I liked Manaan in the first game, (so peaceful ) but I think a new one should be in there, like Duros or something. Maybe Alderaan.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8186/whoosw0.png
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max for all combined images, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
T3-M4 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2007, 11:46 AM   #200
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Coruscant, Alderaan, Myrkr, Sleheyron, Khar Delba/Khar Shian, and Ziost. Perhaps a few more Sith worlds, like Ch'hodos, Rhelg or Thule...

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > What worlds do you want in KOTOR 3?