lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Running G/F on Xp, Problem Solved !
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-01-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
Mr Calavera
Lurker

Running G/F on Xp, Problem Solved !

Just thought id share my experience with this game on trying to run it on XP.

So far I was having no luck at all getting it to work, when playing it would just freeze up randomly and the cutscenes would stutter and the sound would play up.
I tried the patch, no work, i tried cpukiller(which is useless with the 20minute trial), I tried shutting down any program that might be affecting it, I even turned off Hyper Threading in bios, nothing worked.

Solution - once installed right click on the shortcut for grim fandango on your desktop, click on properties, then click on compatability and select it to run in windows 98/windows me.

Problem solved !
Mr Calavera is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2007, 03:58 PM   #2
stewlil
Rookie

heres a better solution to runninf gf on xp
Go to ebay
Buy a PC with Windows 98
Install it
Play
Brag about it to me that u actually did it

"There's nothing better than spitting in the face of someone that hands you an ultimatum." Deron Miller of cKy
stewlil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Glottis' Garage > Running G/F on Xp, Problem Solved !