lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Trying to host a server
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-08-2007, 02:01 PM   #1
10StepDeath
Lurker

Trying to host a server

Hey guys ok i just got this mod and i have a guestion . How do you start a server without entering the game ? I need to host this server on linux but i dont know how to host it becouse it isnt like ja+ mod or clan mod when you exec a server.cfg and the mod and everything works just fine . Can anyone help me a little ?
10StepDeath is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2007, 02:15 PM   #2
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

The hosting works just the same, we just don't have a server.cfg included with the mod. You could probably just use the ones out of JA+.

I probably should add a dedicated server.cfg like JA+ does. it sounds like that's something that would make it easier for server hosts.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2007, 11:07 PM   #3
ensiform
The Stig

Current Game: Borderlands 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10StepDeath
Hey guys ok i just got this mod and i have a guestion . How do you start a server without entering the game ? I need to host this server on linux but i dont know how to host it becouse it isnt like ja+ mod or clan mod when you exec a server.cfg and the mod and everything works just fine . Can anyone help me a little ?
Yes it is, you just have to create your own or find one of the ones that was for the grinder or in the svn.

iojamp project lead / coder
ensiform is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2007, 01:57 AM   #4
10StepDeath
Lurker

oh thanks guys i'l try that . But can u give me some commands i might use in the game or is it just like ja+ . And dose the mod have admin or rcon so that i cam kick ori something ?
Old 03-09-2007, 04:09 AM   #5
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Easy man, coders sometimes forget that not everyone has their natural born h4x0ring skills.

I'll try to explain everything as best as I know, please feel free to correct me.

First you'll need a server.cfg with the OJP cvars and stuff in it, otherwise you won't know what's on and what's not. Add me on arminhalilovic@hotmail.com if you have msn and I'll send you mine if you don't know how to add all the stuff.
You can also start up an ojp server via create game then start adding the vars from ingame via the console by writing "seta (cvarnamehere) (value here)".

So if I wanted to add "OJP_allowbodydodge" and turn it on, I would write "seta OJP_allowbodydodge 1" in the console. If I remember correctly, it's very important that you write "Seta" and not "set", as "seta" saves it and "set" saves it only while the current game is active. But I'm no coder so you'll probably have to double check that with ensi or Ace (or Hockney).

Now this is the part I'm not familiar with because I don't know what they use to create the batches. I would guess MS DOS batch script (ah-durrrr) but I wouldn't know what you would have to write. I was thinking of just editing the runojpenhanced.bat but it seems that the JampDed app works differently than that..

Ace?

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2007, 02:16 PM   #6
ensiform
The Stig

Current Game: Borderlands 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10StepDeath
oh thanks guys i'l try that . But can u give me some commands i might use in the game or is it just like ja+ . And dose the mod have admin or rcon so that i cam kick ori something ?
Theres rcon.

Here's one for Enhanced:
https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/ojp...ipt?format=txt

and from MeatGrinder (Basic):
https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/ojp...ipt?format=txt

Make sure to turn sv_allowDownload to 0 though, thats bad mojo... regardless of which you choose, you should also give them a different name and use .cfg not .script like the examples.

iojamp project lead / coder
ensiform is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2007, 08:57 AM   #7
10StepDeath
Lurker

thanks guys !
Old 03-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #8
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

What's wrong with using .script vs .cfg?

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2007, 07:45 AM   #9
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

I'm hosting a server every day from about 15:00 to 22:00 (GMT +1).

It is hamachi though as my modem/router combo doesn't really allow any incoming connections due to the built-in firewall. (Yes I have tried opening all the correct ports.)

www.hamachi.cc

It's a very small download and it will allow you to play online (serial protected) games with your friends via a virtually created temporarily LAN network using channels much like IRC.

Our semi-official channel:

Name = 31bit2
password = gilde

The server is going up in about an hour or so from this post on and is going to be running:

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/fil...ts_House;33766

I've also got a big list of skins, models and hilts in my directories so most of the popular stuff like Revan Dark weapons and the Prequel Jedi skins are supported.

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Open Jedi Project (OJP) > Trying to host a server