lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (spoilers ahead)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-01-2007, 12:51 AM   #81
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
@Bob--I talked to Rosa, but forgot what she said now.

@Mac--The Ocean house is seriously creepy. I was playing it late one night and was alone in my bedroom. After getting summarily squashed, I had to go back to the entire beginning of the house again. I decided to put the game aside until daylight because I couldn't deal with the freaky stuff anymore.

I finished VV's quests, killed those creepy fleshy things and gave the tapes to Isaac, got the quest for the mansion, took care of the serial killer, saved Ash, and talked to Strauss about the gargoyle quest. Not too bad for a few hours' work.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 05:02 AM   #82
Vaelastraz
Veteran

To those of you who played through the game already: which ending did you choose? Answer with spoiler...

Btw how can I put something into spoiler?

The list of vb codes is here. It explains how to do spoiler tags and a whole bunch of other things. --Jae

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 04-01-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 05:13 AM   #83
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
I've played through all of them.
spoiler:

I thought the Kuei-jin ending was particularly well done. I have to say that the Anarch ending was my fav.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 06:02 AM   #84
Bob Lion54
Jr. Malkavian Detective

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
To those of you who played through the game already: which ending did you choose?
spoiler:
Either the "Myself" ending or the Anarch ending. Jack is awesome!

Its also satisfying to "gesture" to the Anarchs when you decide to go it on your own. I mean, I liked the Anarchs, but they were using you just like LaCroix... even if their purpose was nobler...

Anyway, seeing as how so many of us are fans of the game, I thought it might be fun to make a Vampire Smilie. They are pretty basic, but hope you guys and gals like them!

And an animated version

Bob Lion54 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 07:03 AM   #85
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaelastraz
To those of you who played through the game already: which ending did you choose? Answer with spoiler...
spoiler:

I prefer the Anarch ending, though I think they should have included a variant of the "going solo" ending scene at the base of Venture Tower meeting up with the rest of the gang after giving Lacroix the key and escaping.

I didn't like the Lacroix, Kuei-Jin or "greedy going solo" endings, but if you get them you deserve to get them. After all those warnings, and plenty of proof about how trustworthy Lacroix and Ming-Xiao are your vamp has to be pretty stupid to try to ally with them anyway. I see them more as "that's what you get for being evil/greedy" endings.

The Camarilla ending (Strauss) felt so-so, since it didn't answer the questions about the Ankaran Sarcophagus, and you didn't get the awesome scene with Jack, the king and Caine up on the hill overlooking the town.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #86
mur'phon
Whale eating vegetarian

Forum Veteran 
*jumps out of closet" Finaly I might not get killed for not having kotor as my favorite game or..... *jumps back again*
mur'phon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2007, 08:32 AM   #87
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Code:
ClanData
	{
		Text
		{
			"TemplateName"			"Player_Gangrel"
			"Name"				"Gangrel"
			"Description"			"Gangrels are wild loners that are the most in tune with the Beast within, allowing them to shapeshift into more beastly forms.  Nomadic in nature, Gangrels care little about vampire politics and prefer to dwell and hunt in the outskirts of society.  Because of their animalistic nature, they receive a +5 to Strength, Stamina, and Wits during Frenzy.  However, because of their inherent feral nature, Gangrel receive a -1 on all Frenzy checks."
			"ShortDescription"		"+5 to Strength, Wits, and Stamina during Frenzy."
			"ShortPenaltyDescription"	"-1 on all Frenzy checks."
		}

General
		{
			"Clan"			"Gangrel"
			//"M_Body0"		"models/character/pc/male/gangrel/armor_0/Gangrel_Male_Armor_0.mdl"
			//"M_Body1"		"models/character/pc/male/gangrel/armor_1/Gangrel_Male_Armor_1.mdl"
			//"M_Body2"		"models/character/pc/male/gangrel/armor_2/Gangrel_Male_Armor_2.mdl"
			//"M_Body3"		"models/character/pc/male/gangrel/armor_3/Gangrel_Male_Armor_3.mdl"
			//"M_Body4"		"models/character/pc/male/gangrel/armor_3/Gangrel_Male_Armor_3.mdl"
			//"M_Body5"		"models/character/pc/male/gangrel/armor_3/Gangrel_Male_Armor_3.mdl"
			"M_Body0"		"models/character/pc/male/tremere/armor0/tremere_Male_Armor_0.mdl"
			"M_Body1"		"models/character/pc/male/tremere/armor1/tremere_Male_Armor_1.mdl"
			"M_Body2"		"models/character/pc/male/tremere/armor2/tremere_Male_Armor_2.mdl"
			"M_Body3"		"models/character/pc/male/tremere/armor3/tremere_Male_Armor_3.mdl"
			"M_Body4"		"models/character/pc/male/tremere/armor3/tremere_Male_Armor_3.mdl"
			"M_Body5"		"models/character/pc/male/tremere/armor3/tremere_Male_Armor_3.mdl"
			"F_Body0"		"models/character/pc/female/gangrel/armor0/Gangrel_female_Armor_0.mdl"
			"F_Body1"		"models/character/pc/female/gangrel/armor1/Gangrel_female_Armor_1.mdl"
			"F_Body2"		"models/character/pc/female/gangrel/armor2/Gangrel_female_Armor_2.mdl"
			"F_Body3"		"models/character/pc/female/gangrel/armor3/Gangrel_female_Armor_3.mdl"
			"F_Body4"		"models/character/pc/female/gangrel/armor3/Gangrel_female_Armor_3.mdl"
			"F_Body5"		"models/character/pc/female/gangrel/armor3/Gangrel_female_Armor_3.mdl"
//			"M_Hands"		"models/hands/male/gangrel/v_gangrel_male_hands.mdl"
//			"F_Hands"		"models/hands/female/gangrel/v_gangrel_fem_hands.mdl"
			//"M_Hands"		"models/hands/male/shared/v_shared_male_hands.mdl"
			"F_Hands"		"models/hands/female/shared/v_shared_female_hands.mdl"
			"Gender"		"Male, Female"
//			"History"		"None, Megalomaniac, All-Star Athlete, Close to the Beast, Black-Hearted, Avid RPG Fan, Eco-Terrorist Hacker, Ex-cop, Perv, Deaf"
			"ClanEffect"		"Clan (Gangrel)"
			"FrenzyEffect"		"Frenzy (Gangrel)"
//			"FrenzyEffect"		"Frenzy(Kindred)"
			"Kindred"		"1"
			"ClanIcon"		"cm_clan_symbol_gangrel"
			"Multiplayer"		"1"
			"MPEquipPkg"		"2"
			"Is_BlueBlood"	"0"
			"SoundGroup"	""
		}

Attributes
		{
			"Attrib_Order"	"Physical_Mental_Social"
			"Strength"		"1"
			"Dexterity"		"1"
			"Stamina"		"1"
			"Charisma"		"1"
			"Manipulation"		"1"
			"Appearance"		"1"
			"Perception"		"1"
			"Intelligence"		"1"
			"Wits"			"1"

"BloodPool"		"8"
			"FaithPoints"		"0"
			"Generation"		"10"
			"Starting_Equipment"	"Player_Kindred"
			"Excluded_Equipment"	"Default"
			"Experience"		"0"

"CharGen_AutoLevel_Template"	"Gangrel_CharGen"
			"Default_AutoLevel_Template"	"Gangrel_Default"
		}

Abilities
		{
			"Ability_Order"	"Skills_Talents_Knowledges"
//			"Athletics"		"0"
			"Brawl"			"0"
			"Dodge"			"0"
			"Intimidation"		"0"
			"Subterfuge"		"0"
//			"Animal_Ken"		"0"
			"Firearms"		"0"
			"Melee"			"0"
			"Security"		"0"
			"Stealth"		"0"
			"Computer"		"0"
			"Finance"		"0"
			"Investigation"		"0"
			"Academics"		"0"
//			"Occult"		"0"
		}

Disciplines
		{
//			"Blood_Healing"		"1"
///			"Blood_Buff_Dexterity"	"1"
///			"Blood_Buff_Stamina"	"1"
///			"Blood_Buff_Strength"	"1"
			"Corpus_Vampirus"	"1"
			"Animalism"		"1"
			//"Fortitude"		"1"
			//"Protean"		"1"
			"Dominate"		"1"
			"Thaumaturgy"		"1"
			"Auspex"		"1"
		}

//	Numina

//	Reactions
		Reactions
		{
			To
			{
				"None"			"0"
				"Brujah"		"+15"
				"Gangrel"		"+20"
				"Malkavian"		"+5"
				"Nosferatu"		"+30"
				"Toreador"		"-10"
				"Tremere"		"-15"
				"Ventrue"		"-10"
			}
		}
	}
A lot of files with stuff like this are in pack101.vpk if anyone's interested (that excerpt is from system/clandoc000.txt).

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #88
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
well, i'm just finished getting that tape from the DHP offices (Jae, you're just going to love that part, hehe). i've already finished most of the sidequests around Hollywood, but one thing has me puzzled....
spoiler:
what in the world is going on with that Samantha girl outside the Jewelry Store?? i somehow manage to lose a Masquerade Point after that conversation no matter how i handle it. its not that much of an issue since i you get that point back later, but it could be if you're indiscriminately exposing yourself all the time.
maybe that's something that'll reveal itself in time, but for now, its got me very puzzled.

and if anybody is curious, i'm playing a Toreador Female that likes guns. lots of guns.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2007, 09:09 AM   #89
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
You have to be a mean to her to not lose a point. She should be on the verge of shedding Antialiased tears when you walk away.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #90
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Oh yeah, finished the DMP offices. Yukk. Those things are so ugly they deserve to be shot. Or axed in my case. I've finished up with VV, Ash, and so forth, and have to head to the theater for Mr. Gargoyle and then the latest mansion. I'm sure I'll see plenty of those nasty things along the way to/in the mansion.

spoiler:
You can get thru the scene with the girl that 'knows you' if you insist she's mistaken. You can't admit you know her at all.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Old 04-02-2007, 09:17 AM   #91
stoffe
Network Caretaker

The Samantha encounter is pretty easy to handle without Masquerade violations if you're a Malkavian as well. You can use Dementation on her during the conversation to make her think you're her pet turtle she flushed down the toilet when she was a kid.

I'd imagine a Ventrue likewise (but in a less inventive manner) can use Dominate on her in the dialog to convince her you're not the Vampire she's looking for and to move along.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #92
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

hmm, well, i'm guessing that another encounter is in store later, but for now, i'm stuck at school. so, no VtM for another 5 hrs.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:40 PM   #93
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
At the moment, I am very jealous of you all. Since I have so much college work to do, I can't get into another game of VTM until the end of May. Grrr... I feel so excited about this game again, and I am starving for another play through. This ticks me of. Lol... I also have an itch to play KotOR I again. Damit! Lol... I will keep on reading this thread, so when I finally sit down to play 'Vampire The Masqurade' I will be full of energy. Lol... At the moment, I am playing NWN 2 on the weekends. Damit!!!! If NWN 2 wasn't such an involved game, I would be playing two games at once. Grrr...
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2007, 11:33 PM   #94
Jae Onasi

Heh, I finally made it through the warrens. Nasty flesh thingies. Yukk.

Chinatown is cool. I have to go take out a hengeyokai....

Hehe, I like Tseng's herbal shop, too. And the fortune teller was very amusing.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:13 AM   #95
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
Chinatown is cool. I have to go take out a hengeyokai....
Bring a shotgun and lots of ammo. It's rather annoying to fight that thing in close combat since it will smack you around a lot.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:02 AM   #96
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

If you can take out a nearby nitrogen tank, he'll be frozen for a few rounds.

Helps with the aforementioned "smacking around".
Old 04-05-2007, 03:29 AM   #97
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Valiant Hearts (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Ah, yes, the hengeyokai. When I saw it I didn't know whether to be afraid or to laugh. Anyway, take the good old katana and use your powers and the monster is done for.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2007, 11:43 AM   #98
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

well, i just beat the game the other day and i'm fairly impressed. the storyline was a little predictable, but altogether pretty good. personally, i just like the fact that when you max out the Ranged Feat, the gunplay becomes like a standard FPS, and that makes a lot of situations much easier for an ol' FPS vet like me.

swords are nice, but they're also a bit frustrating at times when you get knocked around which makes me prefer guns since i can stand back and pick most enemies off before they get close enough to do any damage.

anyways, i went ahead and started a new game, this time as a Malkavian, and let me tell you: its already quite interesting.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #99
igyman
Tension!

Congrats! Though I can't believe you found the endings (as part of the storyline) predictable.
spoiler:
I for one always expected some great ancient vampire to rise from that sarcophagus and in the end it turned out to be a clever ruse by Jack (and Caine) to eliminate LaCroix (or you). I swear when I saw that note next to all the C4 and then Jack enjoying the fireworks from Hollywood along with the corpse of Messerach, the only thing I could do was laugh very very hard.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:26 PM   #100
Jae Onasi

Heh, I'm still in Chinatown. Got myself killed good in the Glaze.

Just one thing to say about the hengeyokai--"Candy-gram...land-shark"

I just stood back and emptied about 25 rounds from the Spazz into him. He's not a very smart fighter.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:36 AM   #101
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Fallout 2
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Stuck at the barricaded door in the Ming Must Die quest. It looks like a lot of other people got stuck here to. Guess I'll call it a night and see if I can push the silly bar tomorrow.
tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2007, 02:45 AM   #102
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

I've been that guy
Old 04-10-2007, 03:35 AM   #103
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102
Stuck at the barricaded door in the Ming Must Die quest. It looks like a lot of other people got stuck here to. Guess I'll call it a night and see if I can push the silly bar tomorrow.
yeah, i never could figure out that one, either. however, i did figure out that using noclip mode just for that moment won't harm anything.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:39 AM   #104
igyman
Tension!

To open the door you simply need to walk sideways, in order to literally push the wooden plank that's blocking them. The plank has a small handle, so simply walk toward it and keep walking until you have pushed the lever completely off the door. To make it even more clear - the plank slides to the right, so look for the handle on its right end.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:03 PM   #105
tk102

Thanks for the responses guys, I appreciate the sympathy. Believe me though, I tried just about every angle of walking using 'w' or 'e' or both. I'll probably resort to the noclip option if I can't get it in the first 5 minutes of gameplay tonight.

Pretty silly that Troika didn't just have it respond to the 'e' button like every other object in the game. If they meant for some other criteria to be met first, have a dull thud sound indicating so...
Old 04-10-2007, 12:44 PM   #106
Jae Onasi

I'm heading off for the Society of Leopold. Got me a ton of ammo, a katana, a flamethrower, some Diet Pepsi and some snacks, life is good. I'll take care to search the area for the special katana, stoffe, since that looks like a great weapon, and my melee skill seems to be far better than my ranged skill, at least with the Tooth and Claw brothers, or whatever they're called.

I liked how you got bonus xp for clearing out Zhao's place--wish that had been the case for the Glaze.

Do you guys ever read the newspapers? I noticed when I told Wong to be careful not to trust Ming he got a little upset, but the newspapers sitll had the Ash Rivers article. The next time I spoke to him I said something favorable about Ming, and the next thing I know the newspapers had an article about him and his daughter....

Old 04-10-2007, 12:56 PM   #107
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
I'm heading off for the Society of Leopold. Got me a ton of ammo, a katana, a flamethrower, some Diet Pepsi and some snacks, life is good. I'll take care to search the area for the special katana, stoffe, since that looks like a great weapon, and my melee skill seems to be far better than my ranged skill
The Tal'Mahe'Ra blade is found in the Hallowbrook Hotel though, and not at the Society of Leopold, so you should look for it there instead. I think that's your next stop after you have rescued Dr. Johansen.

As for Soc. Leopold, if you got a sniper rifle you can pick of the majority of the guards from the top of the cliff if you can manage to sneak around to there unseen. I think there's a back entrance down the mountainside across from the main entrance as well. I usually settle the score with the Hunters rather than just sneak in though.

If you have decent computer skill you can reprogram the laser trip wire boobytraps inside to make them blow up when the hunters patrol across them instead, though it might be hard to do so while remaining undetected if you don't have Obfuscate.

Be sure to pick up Grunfeld Bach's diary on the ground floor of the monastery before you proceed down into the basement; it casts some light on his past history and obsession with Lacroix.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:59 PM   #108
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

^^^^
oh, that is one heck of a fun level. by the way, its more fun if you try to stealth kill everybody.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #109
tk102

^^^ Suicide is a handy thaumaturgical Dominate feat for that I've found.

(Edit: vvv thanks stoffe, I'm zoned out today)

Last edited by tk102; 04-10-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:14 PM   #110
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102
^^^ Suicide is a handy thaumaturgical feat for that I've found.
Or Obfuscate + Dementation:Berserk... always useful for starting civil wars in areas with many armed enemies while you watch the fight from a safe distance.

(Suicide is part of the Dominate discipline though... Dementation has an equivalent in "Visions of Death" as well if you play as a Malkavian.)

Old 04-10-2007, 01:42 PM   #111
igyman
Tension!

Since we're discussing favorite abilities, I'd say:
Ventrue: Mass Suicide and Suicide, if there's still someone left
Tremere: Blood Boil, it repaints the area in the color of the enemy's insides and I enjoyed using it on Johnny at the Glaze
Gangrel: Summon Wolf (or whatever it's called) and that swarm of insects (again, can't remember the name), yet two more things I enjoyed killing Johnny with.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:04 PM   #112
Jae Onasi

I just like my katana, thank you. And I'm looking forward to seeing how the flamethrower goes.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:13 PM   #113
tk102

Trance + 'f' key = blood points and that's a pretty stealthy kill too.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #114
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Nosferatu stealth (Obfuscate) kills with bare hand or bush hook, ftw
Old 04-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #115
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
I just like my katana, thank you. And I'm looking forward to seeing how the flamethrower goes.
You probably want to bring a gun with good range for when you run into Grunfeld Bach though, since he can be pretty annoying to try to fight in melee sometimes. He rarely lets you stay close for very long before using his cross to blind you and zip away. And he's not possible to feed on (probably tastes too bad) so there's no point trying to get close for that.

With the flamethrower make sure you don't fire against the floor too close to you or you will set yourself on fire as well, and that thing really hurts.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:06 PM   #116
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

The only fight I use the flamethrower for is
spoiler:
Andrei
. He lasts for about 5 seconds (apparently the flames stun him and he can't bounce off into one of his holes).

@Jae - if you read the spoiler, not that fight. The other one that you haven't gotten to yet...but will very soon.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:43 PM   #117
Jae Onasi

Spoilers are irresistible.

The hunters definitely don't last long against a flame thrower, but you don't get too many charges with that weapon.

Yeah, I used a rifle on Bach for about 3/4 of the fight, then got annoyed at how long it was taking and how much blood I was having to use for auspex since my ranged skill is only 6. I finally ran up the stairs, caught him on the landing, and used the katana on him. He blinded me, but I could still hit him since I had him sort of caught in a corner. That's a very handy technique against the Kuei-jin, too, btw. If they can't get out of a corner, they're screwed.

Oh, and if you feed on 3 or 4 rats, it gives you 1 point in your little blood-bladder that you get from Pisha. Never hurts to have at least a couple points there.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:56 PM   #118
Jae Onasi

OK, I officially hate werewolves.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:59 PM   #119
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Quote:
Did you kill it or just avoid it? You can kill it by crushing it with the telescope dome doors. There is a control panel on the platform where you can close the door just as the werewolf passes through it. You'll need to turn on the power outside with the breaker on the small shed first though.

Requires some maneuvering to make the werewolf follow you in through the dome doors though.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:12 PM   #120
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Quote:
Yeah, that's probably my least favorite part of the game. Either that or hearing Jezebel use the word "morsel" 27 million times during her little monologue.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > The Outlander Club > Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (spoilers ahead)