lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Should I repurchase JA to play OJP online?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-30-2007, 07:58 PM   #1
cryoworm
Lurker

Should I repurchase JA to play OJP online?

I used to play JA quite a bit and enjoyed the game despite how overly arcade it was. I messed with the OJP mod back in its early days and even at that time found it to be something fantastic. It's been a while though and I no longer have the game. I was wanting feedback on the current state of OJP so as to decide whether to purchase JA again just to play OJP online. I'm looking to play something online and I'm tired of most of the mainstream games out now. Is there much of a community? Are there many OJP games going on fairly often? Is the dueling system solid? I've read as much as I can on these forums but I wanted some more intimate feedback.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Cryoworm
cryoworm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
DarthDie

Unfortunately one of OJP's downfall is the shortage of servers . Last I checked there were 2 online. I would say the community is kind of small - at least the active ones...which there are like...5-15 of them. Which isnt kinda small...im guessing by dueling system you mean saber system? Its much better IMO then regular ja.Its defanatly less sitting there with mouse1 down and more of stragety. IMO at least.
DarthDie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2007, 08:26 PM   #3
JRHockney*

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member 
heck I'd repurchase it while theres still plenty available. There always fun to be had in JKA. Its still a heavily modded game.

And yes, at the moment, we are a very small community and probably will be until our next big release. Its worth trying out though, and its an opportunity to get your ideas in since we are still building this mod. There also always the MB2 mod to play. That ones fun and has a huge community. We have a better saber system though in my opinion.

Game screen name: Master Jon Hoc Ni

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
JRHockney* is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #4
cryoworm
Lurker

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't mind if the community is small really, I prefer it that way, just so long as its active. Is beta testing still going on for the next release? Razorace seems to still be pretty active, and I say this because of his forum activity. Even if it's just a few guys, I would like to hop in on the weekends and do some coop or just some sabering.
cryoworm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2007, 01:04 AM   #5
razorace
Impressive, Terran!

We're ALWAYS betatesting. Just the way we do things around here.

---Jedi Guardian of the Newbie Questions
---Masters of the Force Team Leader / Creator
---Open Jedi Project Lead Moderator / Co-Founder
razorace is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2007, 02:02 AM   #6
Tanqexe

If I can figure out why I can't set up a visible server, we'd have a decent US-side server to play with...

Tanqexe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2007, 04:20 AM   #7
UDM

Yes I would repurchase it if I were you. After all, you can get it cheap now

I'll bet that with the upcoming v1 release, we'd have a lot more players flowing in
UDM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2007, 05:08 AM   #8
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Yes you can repurchase it at many different sites including amazon, ebay, ddl2.com, isohunt.com and not to forget direct2drive.com.

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Open Jedi Project (OJP) > Should I repurchase JA to play OJP online?