lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Network problem
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-13-2007, 12:49 AM   #1
Malach_Xaviel
Lurker

Network problem

I don't know if this has been asked already, but I didn't really know how to word the question to search (Or even what to look for to search manually).

I have two computers, both connected to one 'speedstream' modem by a 4 port router. They both connect to each other fine and they even connect to the internet fine, but when the master computer connects to JKA... in any way (By joining a game, or even by searching through the available servers online) the other computer loses it's connection to JKA as if it's own connection to the internet had been lost (Which isn't the case since it can still connect to the internet).

I have a theory that it's related to the both of them using the same ip address (due to the router) but I figure if it was something like that, it would have likely been addressed or at least brought up by now; but I've been wrong before.

Any suggestions?
Malach_Xaviel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
jedi-Guard
Rookie

If both computers are inside the same router, then try to join through local network, sinces you are on the same local network.
jedi-Guard is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Technical Help > Network problem