lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: "Visibility" of the powers
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-31-2007, 01:26 PM   #1
Yohein
Rookie

"Visibility" of the powers

I'm replaying this fantastic game and I've noticed something that maybe it would be funny to discuss (it's quite irrelevant, though).

While you're playing, you can see the psychic energy all time: when you use TK, you see the "hand" picking up the object, when you use levitation you see the energy ball which makes you levitate or float... but in the videos, when characters like Sasha use their powers, apparently all this is invisible (at least as far as I remember). For example, at the beggining of the game, when they grab Raz with TK, there's no "magic hand" grabbing him, later after the Basic Braining, when Sasha leaves after talking to Raz, he levitates a bit and the "magic ball" doesn't appear either.
The only power I remember being visible in the videos is the psychic beams (now that I'm replaying the game I will "check" this).

So what do you think? The energy being visible in-game is just a way of putting clear the nature of the powers and making the game "nicer" but it's not supposed to be visible? Or maybe not?
Yohein is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-31-2007, 03:08 PM   #2
martmeister
Veteran

Current Game: FO3, G/2, DA, CODMF2
I guess it's a way of psychics "seeing" something else psychic. Maybe playing as Raz, you are psychic so hence can see the bear's TK claws and students' levitation balls. Perhaps the cutscenes/videos are from our POV so we're not suppose to see the psychic energies. <--Though that wouldn't explain the opening cutscene in which (as Raz) you're getting pulled through the air.

Also, keep in mind that Razputin's still new; no doubt, Sasha and Milla have ways to disguise their psychic energies from lesser psychics.

<No way you can read this. My handwriting's illegible>
martmeister is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2007, 04:24 AM   #3
Byakko
Rookie

I just don't understand how bouncing on a ball = levitation. Even when you float, you're technically hanging onto a your thought bubble. But Milla doesn't do that. She just...floats.
Byakko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2007, 06:29 AM   #4
martmeister
Veteran

Current Game: FO3, G/2, DA, CODMF2
^^^That's prob just a game thing; real levitation would make everything too easy.

<No way you can read this. My handwriting's illegible>
martmeister is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #5
Byakko
Rookie

Clairvoyance too. That one was just the definition was wrong. Clairvoyance is a look into the FUTURE, but the way it is used in the game is like empathic telepathy.
Byakko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2007, 12:11 AM   #6
DylanMay
Rookie

No, clairvoyance is seeing things. Just... seeing them. Like remote viewing.

Future stuff is precognition.

"Remember, if it's anhydrous, that means it's crunchy." ~ Dr. Bukowski
DylanMay is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Psychonauts Discussion at Razputin's Domain > Razputin's Domain Forums > Whispering Rock Lakeside Chat > "Visibility" of the powers