lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: trigger for activating a door
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
architect
Rookie

trigger for activating a door

hey guys, i need some help again

i've created a door which is supposed to last inactive until a trigger has been used. for this purpose i've created a trigger_once, which is connected to a target_activate entity, which again is connected to the door. i should mention as well that the door is double sided, which might cause the problem, though i really don't know.

i've tried a lot of things, but the door always stays inactive. so any ideas?
architect is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #2
Mercenary

You should post what you entered for keys and values in your entities. It could be that your problem is there.
Mercenary is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
Thor the Bassis
Rookie

You dont want it 'inactive', you want it 'locked'. Then all you need is a trigger connected to the door and it will activate when you trigger the trigger. This does, however, make the door automatically open when you get near to it (but only after unlocking it) and it cannot be opened by a switch like normal doors (but can be unlocked by a switch). You can also have a security switch which will unlock the door. Quite a cool thing to do is put one way glass from a security room next door by texturing one side of a patch glass and another normal or mirror.

Also the double door wont affect it so long as you have the door as a 'team'.
Thor the Bassis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Mapping > trigger for activating a door