lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: So what is Naga Sadow's tomb doing on Korriban?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-07-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
So what is Naga Sadow's tomb doing on Korriban?

He died in his exile on Yavin IV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Actually, we don't know that he did, since Naga Sadow's final fate is shrouded in mystery.

All we know is that he somehow trained Freedon Nadd almost 600 years after his failed invasion of the republic during the Great Hyperspace War. How he managed that feat is unknown.

As for his tomb, I would suspect that subsequent Sith decided to revere him as one of the great Sith of history and brought his body back tot he graveyard world of Korriban to rest with the other dark lords. But we really don't know that either.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2007, 11:38 PM   #3
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

10 year veteran! 
Korriban is the ultimate resting place of the Sith, remember?

And I do NOT mean that as a holiday resort

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #4
Melly

You know, there's not an actual sarcophagus in there.

"They may not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me you are. It's not the sort of thing you just stop being. You're stuck with it. Just like you're stuck being the General."
~Bao-Dur, The Sith Lords
Melly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2007, 02:59 AM   #5
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
It's not unheard of for rulers to have their tombs built in advance. That probably was the case with Sadow, though I can't guess why he'd bother himself with that when the Great Hyperspace War was going on.

@Jediphile, Sadow put himself into a coma until any Force-sensitives discovered him. When he met Freedon Nadd he had just enoug life left to train him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2007, 07:34 PM   #6
Ancient Sith
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly
You know, there's not an actual sarcophagus in there.

That always irritated me. It may not actually be a tomb, more like a memorial. But at the same time they called it a tomb. It did not make sense for there not to be a sarcophagus in it when there were in all the other tombs, including that of Ludo Kresh in KOTOR II.
Ancient Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2007, 08:03 PM   #7
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
That always irritated me. It may not actually be a tomb, more like a memorial. But at the same time they called it a tomb. It did not make sense for there not to be a sarcophagus in it when there were in all the other tombs, including that of Ludo Kresh in KOTOR II.
Techincally, if you die, and if you have enough Force, you turn into a Force Ghost.

So, maybe Naga Sadow was planning on heading over to that tomb, once he died, and then stay there, maybe haunting and scaring nearby Sith kids who dare enter that tomb. Of course, the Great Hyperspace War sort of put a stop to that plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-11-2007, 08:26 PM   #8
jedispy

Current Game: Metroid Prime 2
True, not sarcophagus. I wondered that at the time when I played KOTOR 1. I think it might just have been something that was put there by the Sith Academy, in which only the academy praetor knows for certain.

Jedispy - SOTE Mod Administrator, server/technical administrator, mod author, forum admin/moderator, web administrator, programmer.
Click to read the latest SOTE MOD news
jedispy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2007, 10:14 PM   #9
Point Man
Seeker of Truth

Just a wild thought: maybe it was just different writers not checking with each other?

Show me a man who is twenty and not a liberal, and I will show you a man with no heart.
Show me a man who is forty and not a conservative, and I will show you a man with no brain.

Point Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-24-2007, 10:58 PM   #10
jedispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo fett 66
Just a wild thought: maybe it was just different writers not checking with each other?
ROFL!!!!! Now who's talking crazy?? That's just ridiculous!

Just kidding.

Of course that's what happened. We're more just interested in trying to reach a rational explanation for this based on the continuity of the Star Wars universe. It's fun, but not taken too seriously (well...at least not too seriously by me.)

Jedispy - SOTE Mod Administrator, server/technical administrator, mod author, forum admin/moderator, web administrator, programmer.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:36 PM   #11
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedispy
True, not sarcophagus. I wondered that at the time when I played KOTOR 1. I think it might just have been something that was put there by the Sith Academy, in which only the academy praetor knows for certain.

That seems just proposital. They wanted, as ssaid above, that would be just some kind of memorial. They wanted to keep his fate unknown.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #12
jedispy

Of course Jimbo Fett 66 is truly correct. I think the makers of KOTOR didn't really follow Star Wars continuity perfectly. Still with that said it was one heck of a great game and superb storyline.

Now that I think about it, if explained by Lucas, I wouldn't be surprised if he said that the tomb of Naga Sadow on Korriban was fake. Think about it. Obviously that structure was there long before the Sith even existed. The star map was placed there by the Infinite Empire before the formation of the Republic, or the first Jedi Schism. However the Star Forge and the star maps are dark side nexuses. Furthermore the chamber clearly doesn't function as a burial chamber. I theorize that Naga Sadow's tomb on Korrban was actually never really his tomb. Instead it was only rumored to be in order to conceal it's real purpose.

Of course that's purely conjecture

Old 05-29-2007, 05:49 AM   #13
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
It's not unheard of for rulers to have their tombs built in advance. That probably was the case with Sadow, though I can't guess why he'd bother himself with that when the Great Hyperspace War was going on.
Your right,
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Naga_Sadow%27s_Tomb

although he wasn't "THE" Dark Lord of the Sith at the onset of the war, he was a Sith Lord and Master of his own army, I would of thought all Sith had a Tomb built at that time.
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2007, 07:13 AM   #14
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Naga Sadow didn't die on Korriban. He died on Yavin IV
spoiler:
at the hands of Freedon Nadd

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2007, 02:10 PM   #15
jedispy

Where a person dies isn't as important as where they are buried in this case. Now I'm a little rusty on that part of EU, but I thought Naga Sadow was buried on Yavin 4. I think that since there was no actual burial chamber in Naga Sadow's tomb on Korriban, that the tomb itself was false. Instead it was originally a temple (or other type of structure) that the Infinite Empire put there to house the star map. Since it was rich with dark side power the Sith were attracted to that spot. Heck, maybe even Naga Sadow himself demanded to have it named in his honor. That's what Pharaoh Ramesees II did with many ancient Egyptian structures that were made hundreds of years before his birth. Also wasn't the tomb right next to Marka Ragnos' tomb? Josef Stalin ordered that be buried next to Lenin in the USSR. However some time after his burial, opponents exumed his body and buried him elsewhere.

Still I don't think Sadow was ever buried on Korriban. It was just a front for the real secret there. Revan and Malak knew the truth of the star map (having found the one on Dantooine) and sought the powerful dark side weapon called the Star Forge.

Old 06-02-2007, 05:49 AM   #16
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd
although he wasn't "THE" Dark Lord of the Sith at the onset of the war, he was a Sith Lord and Master of his own army, I would of thought all Sith had a Tomb built at that time.
He actually was "The" Dark Lord of the Sith, albeit very briefly. Following Ragnos' death Sadow was crowned the Dark Lord. Kresshh only became the new one after he went off to invade the Republic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedispy
Where a person dies isn't as important as where they are buried in this case. Now I'm a little rusty on that part of EU, but I thought Naga Sadow was buried on Yavin 4.
He was, but he'd intended on being buried on Korriban. It actually wasn't very rare for Dark Lords/Egyptian pharaohs to have their tombs designed and built before they died. That way you can have the funeral almost immediately after the death without having to wait for a tomb to be constructed (and it gives the future occupant more choice as to what they want the tomb to be like).

Quote:
Old 06-02-2007, 01:36 PM   #17
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
He actually was "The" Dark Lord of the Sith.
I Know, but he wasn't when he started the War ie "The onset of the War" ?! Kresh Realized Sadows deception before he left sith space, and united the other sith lords against Sadow, He defeated them then followed Jori back to the Republic and attacked them = Sadow was an exile when he attacked Koros Major.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:36 PM   #18
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
I Know, but he wasn't when he started the War ie "The onset of the War" ?! Kresh Realized Sadows deception before he left sith space, and united the other sith lords against Sadow, He defeated them then followed Jori back to the Republic and attacked them = Sadow was an exile when he attacked Koros Major.
Actually, Sadow was dark lord when the war started. He used the arrival of the Darigons to infer an invasion from the Republic so that he could take the position of dark lord himself, and he succeeded too. When Kressh tried to rebel, Sadow killed him, or so it was thought. Then Sadow invaded the Republic, and Kressh - who had faked his apparent death - usurped his throne and title as dark lord while Sadow was away at war.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Hyperspace_War

Old 06-02-2007, 04:45 PM   #19
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

^^^
Meh, It was more of a statement regarding Emperor Devon Not reading the post properly and assuming I didn't Know that Sadow was The Dark Lord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
Actually, Sadow was dark lord when the war started. He used the arrival of the Darigons to infer an invasion from the Republic so that he could take the position of dark lord himself, and he succeeded too. When Kressh tried to rebel, Sadow killed him, or so it was thought. Then Sadow invaded the Republic, and Kressh - who had faked his apparent death - usurped his throne and title as dark lord while Sadow was away at war.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Hyperspace_War
I've also Read wookieepedia and the comics and the essential Chronology Etc etc.. I Just believe that Sadow..... Bored now, you win!
Old 06-02-2007, 06:27 PM   #20
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Meh, It was more of a statement regarding Emperor Devon Not reading the post properly and assuming I didn't Know that Sadow was The Dark Lord.
I was addressing when you thought Sadow was the sole Dark Lord. As Jediphile and I have stated, there was a brief period when he was (the start of the war, and shortly before it).

Quote:
Old 06-02-2007, 06:56 PM   #21
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
I was addressing when you thought Sadow was the sole Dark Lord. As Jediphile and I have stated, there was a brief period when he was (the start of the war, and shortly before it).
I own all the books he's ever been in, (sorry if that sounds a bit childish) it's just my take on what I read, My original post was to back up your previous post, the Conjectural comment on his chronological Lordship was directed at someone else,

I would of left it at that, but I mention a character and out come the wookieepedians trying to make me look like I'm some EU noob.

I never said he wasn't the dark lord immediately before the war, I agree with what you "stated", I just took it that, in supposedly killing Kressh and going to war he would no longer be the Dark Lord in the rest of the empires eyes, I suppose I did Write it like it was fact but its just my opinion.

Last edited by adamqd; 06-02-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #22
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
I would of left it at that, but I mention a character and out come the wookieepedians trying to make me look like I'm some EU noob.
I apologize if I gave you that impression. I merely said what I said in order to point out the facts of the matter, and I'm actually fairly certain the same goes for ED. Besides, I already knew you're not a noob.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:46 AM   #23
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Quote:
I apologize if I gave you that impression. I merely said what I said in order to point out the facts of the matter, and I'm actually fairly certain the same goes for ED. Besides, I already knew you're not a noob.
Your right to do so, I'm just acting a like a kid because you caught me out! Besides I should know this stuff, I read the Damn things often enough.

what were we talkin about again?

Last edited by adamqd; 06-03-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:17 AM   #24
JawaJoey
Forumite

Of course Sith Lords built their own tombs. What kind of Sith would build a monument to someone else?

Also, his "tomb" on korriban may not have actually bee his tomb. The building and the Star Map were obviously there long before, he could have taken over and converted it into his own monument place, not even intending to ever be buried there. But since he's a long dead Sith lord, and he has this big mausoleum in a valley filled with Sith lord Tombs, they just called it his tomb.

God is a placebo with nasty side effects.
JawaJoey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2007, 04:15 PM   #25
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Current Game: many
Quote:
@Jediphile, Sadow put himself into a coma until any Force-sensitives discovered him. When he met Freedon Nadd he had just enoug life left to train him.
Freedon Nadd killed him, it was Exar Kun that had the force sensitive part.

he took over one of Luke Skywalkers students it says so in wookiepedia

A nice song, fits them perfectly.
The Mandalorians - The Chosen Ones
Wedge Suron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2007, 04:48 PM   #26
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, wo do not know what Sadow's body would end up after Freedon Nadd goes into power. Maybe he DHL Sadow's body back to the valley. This seems possable too. Since the so-called Sadow's tomb is probably an old structure anyways. They could have just reuse the place as Sadow's burial.

It seems to be a custom that most Sithlords would allow the ex-Sithlords a proper burial. So it is not strange for Sadow's body to be transported to Korriban really, and to be burried in a pre-created area. Be it a tomb created by Sadow way back, or an abandoned vacant space redecorated for Sadow with a little bit of work.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2007, 05:34 PM   #27
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Rhodes
Freedon Nadd killed him, it was Exar Kun that had the force sensitive part.
Well they were all Force-sensitive, but I was talking about Sadow and Nadd rather than Kun.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2007, 05:59 PM   #28
Weave

Building expenses are cheaper on Korriban...
Massassi labor is already there... y'got all that damn rock... and quite frankly... jungle tombs weren't the trend back then.
Yavin would have meant... shipping labor... insurance because of all the hideous jungle diseases, the overseers in case some slaves decided to make unions or revolt, shipping resources such as food. Star fuel most of all... and finally... Korriban is much drearier.
They also needed rock and stone to build the tombs (isn't exactly easy to find since it's a jungle world).
Quite frankly... Yavin just wasn't cost effective... and I don't think Naga Sadow wanted to be buried in his exile place... too many bad memories. The good ole' days were back on Korriban remember?
And even though he didn't die on Korriban (or was even actually buried there)... it's all for his ego.
"My tomb is the biggest one on Korriban so, HA!"

Kun did it because everything was already there during the his War. Plus... jungle tombs seemed to be the new "thing"... Freedon Nadd added on to that. Plus... Kun never actually died... and the Sith would definitely want to take his power... so tying his spirit to a Korriban tomb would defeat the purpose of everlasting life... blah blah blah... capitalism... blah blah blah... globalization... blah blah blah... Naga Sadow was the cliche Sith Lord of the time... blah blah blah... Jar-Jar... blah.

IMO

Dark Side and Light Side

Weave is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-25-2007, 11:42 PM   #29
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
As for his tomb, I would suspect that subsequent Sith decided to revere him as one of the great Sith of history
I have no idea why, as he was an idiotic failure. Kressh was an even bigger moron.

Ragnos rules!

Quote:
I've also Read wookieepedia and the comics and the essential Chronology Etc etc.. I Just believe that Sadow..... Bored now, you win!

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker

Last edited by Q; 08-26-2007 at 12:48 AM.
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2007, 03:06 AM   #30
Ben Bryddia
Rookie

Speaking of Kressh, wasn't his body destroyed when Sadow blew up his ships shortly after coming back from being routed by the Republic? And did Empress Teta and her warriors than pursue Sadow until he was thought destroyed by the solar flares of the Denarii Nova that destroyed some of Teta's own ships? So than if Kressh's body was incinerated, is that an imposter in the Korriban Tomb?! I agree however that Sadow's tomb on Korriban was not his actual resting place, also It seems likly that the tomb may have been a component of a larger Rakkatan temple. The biggest problem however is that Ragnos Era Sith interior decorating was way out during the "Infinite Empire". It would seem that that is a passable explanation, however as I constantly remember with annoyance, the Golden age of the Sith set of tombs is the cannon one. Oh something just occuredto me, Sadow could only have begun delving his tomb after he was declared a Dark Lord (which means the cheif of the Sith lords.), thus he would only have hada few months for the Sith slaves to dig out his tomb while he gathered his armies for the invasion. On the side, I wish the chaps at Lucas Arts and Bioware Corp. had paid closer attention to continuity, such as more Tales of the Jedi looking ships, a correct Valley of the Dark Lords, no annoying things like this we the fans have to try and patch....

-Bearer of the Krijinia.
Ben Bryddia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2007, 03:22 AM   #31
Ben Bryddia
Rookie

Speaking of Kressh, wasn't his body destroyed when Sadow blew up his ships shortly after coming back from being routed by the Republic? And did Empress Teta and her warriors than pursue Sadow until he was thought destroyed by the solar flares of the Denarii Nova that destroyed some of Teta's own ships? So than if Kressh's body was incinerated, is that an imposter in the Korriban Tomb?! I agree however that Sadow's tomb on Korriban was not his actual resting place, also It seems likly that the tomb may have been a component of a larger Rakkatan temple. The biggest problem however is that Ragnos Era Sith interior decorating was way out during the "Infinite Empire". It would seem that that is a passable explanation, however as I constantly remember with annoyance, the Golden age of the Sith set of tombs is the cannon one. Oh something just occuredto me, Sadow could only have begun delving his tomb after he was declared a Dark Lord (which means the cheif of the Sith lords.), thus he would only have hada few months for the Sith slaves to dig out his tomb while he gathered his armies for the invasion. On the side, I wish the chaps at Lucas Arts and Bioware Corp. had paid closer attention to continuity, such as more Tales of the Jedi looking ships, a correct Valley of the Dark Lords, no annoying things like this we the fans have to try and patch....

-Bearer of the Krijinia.
Ben Bryddia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > So what is Naga Sadow's tomb doing on Korriban?