lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: mmorpg.com BIOWARE MMO poll , take a look..
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-10-2007, 03:46 PM   #1
zaykodroid
Rookie

mmorpg.com BIOWARE MMO poll , take a look..

There is a poll in main page at http://www.mmorpg.com

Asks Which IP would you like to be Bioware's new MMO ?

and one of the options is Knights of the Old Republic.
Just give your vote..( please dont reply "ooh that wont change annythingg" cause i know that, lets just see what majority wants )
zaykodroid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

I hate MMORPGs, but the MMORPG I hate the most would be a KOTOR MMO, for reasons that have already been stated. Neither would I want Mass Effect changed. But I heard nothing of Dragon Age, so if they ruin the mythos, I wouldn't care. Plus, it is an age about dragon...hm...if you play as a dragon...hm...

VOTE DRAGON AGE! VOTE DRAGON AGE! PLAY AS A DRAGON IN A MMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScope001
I hate MMORPGs, but the MMORPG I hate the most would be a KOTOR MMO, for reasons that have already been stated. Neither would I want Mass Effect changed. But I heard nothing of Dragon Age, so if they ruin the mythos, I wouldn't care. Plus, it is an age about dragon...hm...if you play as a dragon...hm...

VOTE DRAGON AGE! VOTE DRAGON AGE! PLAY AS A DRAGON IN A MMO!
Your slightly over dramatic, it's only a poll, by voting in it won't change what happens, even if everyone voted dragon age

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-10-2007, 11:57 PM   #4
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
I'm mad that most people are voting for Knights of the Old Republic. I hate MMORPGs, and KOTOR 3 - the game that should tie up all of the loose ends in the series - need not be something that will take you ages to get through the story whilst having to put up with a bunch of stupid teenagers from around the globe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2007, 02:18 AM   #5
Taos
Jedi Council Member

Current Game: ToR beta & Kotor
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
I'm a fan of mmo's and I'm all for a kotor mmo...especially if Bioware were to do it. Will it happen? My guess is no because they obviously didn't do Knights 2 and I think I heard somewhere that Bioware was going to be doing "original" IP's or something like that....but hey, what the hell do I know? lol

If it did happen, I would be all over it...I'm waiting for a new SW mmo after the debacle that was [or is rather] SW Galaxies. Though if it turns out to be something else....I'll just keep waiting/hoping that the swg emulator project is successful.

Taos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2007, 03:38 AM   #6
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram
I'm mad that most people are voting for Knights of the Old Republic. I hate MMORPGs, and KOTOR 3 - the game that should tie up all of the loose ends in the series - need not be something that will take you ages to get through the story whilst having to put up with a bunch of stupid teenagers from around the globe.
I really don't know (but really want to know) why the people who don't want a KotOR MMO think that the KotOR MMO in question will be KotOR III, there's to much story for them to make it an MMO, if they made a KotOR MMO it would be separate from the main KotOR storyline.

So please please tell me why everyone who doesn't want a KotOR MMO thinks (that if one were to be made) it would be KotOR III (technically it would be the 3rd KotOR game released, but I mean the 3rd game in the storyline)

Old 10-11-2007, 04:38 AM   #7
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zionosis
I really don't know (but really want to know) why the people who don't want a KotOR MMO think that the KotOR MMO in question will be KotOR III, there's to much story for them to make it an MMO, if they made a KotOR MMO it would be separate from the main KotOR storyline.
For starters, the fact that given LA's wonderful new 'several games a year' gaming policy it could mean even further postponement for KotOR III. Next, looking at it from their perspective I would see little reason to try and market two similarly themed games within a close period of time. Less copies sell when gamers aren't starved for sequels, especially when they'd be such similar (well, that's relative) games. If KotOR II were sold three months after KotOR I it likely wouldn't have made nearly as much money as it did, people were still completing and replaying the first game. I can't say what order LA would choose to release both games, but given how MMOs have a track record of making longer-term profits than single player RPGs (if not larger ones in most cases) it would be only logical for them to release the single player game later. Personally I'd rather not have it delayed for a game I have no interest in playing and which I feel would be a desecration of a franchise I have otherwise loved.

A KotOR III MMO might also make enough profit for LA to consider themselves done with the series. They've other games they can make which have a greater profit potential than KotOR. (Battlefront and Force Unleashed come to mind.) And again, there's how the MMO could quite possibly make them more money.

And lastly, they've made such unusual and inconsiderate decisions in regards to fans in the past that I wouldn't want to risk the possibility of a third game in any way. I don't have enough confidence in LA to trust them to make rational decisions that would satisfy fans.

That, and in my obviously biased opinion it would feel like a desecration of an otherwise wonderful series. Go back to Galaxies, go back to WoW. The KotOR franchise has produced two immensely enjoyable single player RPGs so far and is not meant to be anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2007, 05:35 AM   #8
zaykodroid
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram
How many MMORPGs did you play, before ?
zaykodroid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2007, 11:34 AM   #9
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
None. I've seen people play them, though, and the entire concept puts me off. I like games that I can spend a short while on, beat, and then be done with them until I decide to replay them. I don't want something that goes on forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2007, 01:09 PM   #10
RobQel-Droma
Blah

A good Star Wars MMO might be nice, but it should definitely not take the place of KOTOR 3. Other than that, I really don't care what the heck they do.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2007, 11:55 PM   #11
Bedlem Wildfire
Lurker

Lightbulb

Quote:

So please please tell me why everyone who doesn't want a KotOR MMO thinks (that if one were to be made) it would be KotOR III (technically it would be the 3rd KotOR game released, but I mean the 3rd game in the storyline)
Why can't BOTH games be made? Like why can't there be a STAR WARS KOTOR MMORPG ******AND!!!***** a KOTOR 3 ?? They could be total seperate and the mmo would be a series mmo . Tell me why not? you poeple who want the great story will have it, and yall who want to pown poeple in pvp and interact with thousands of poeple will have your MMORPG.
Bedlem Wildfire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2007, 05:20 AM   #12
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlem Wildfire
Why can't BOTH games be made? Like why can't there be a STAR WARS KOTOR MMORPG ******AND!!!***** a KOTOR 3 ?? They could be total seperate and the mmo would be a series mmo . Tell me why not? you poeple who want the great story will have it, and yall who want to pown poeple in pvp and interact with thousands of poeple will have your MMORPG.
I think you misunderstood what I said, I want the same thing your saying, both games and there is no reason to suggest that both can't be made.

What I was asking to know was why everyone thought that the MMO would be KotOR 3, why not have both, and I still can't understand that after the many times of saying that if they made a KotOR MMO it would be separate from the main KotOR storyline, they still think think they will merge them. I really hope I don't have to say that again.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:11 AM   #13
Jediphile
Persona non grata

With Bioware now owned by EA, I think you scratch off the option of KotOR from that list...

There is no way IMHO that LA is going to let a developer owned by another publisher work on a Star Wars game. None.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2007, 11:09 AM   #14
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

... especially a "FINE" company like EA that is known for its "GREAT PRODUCTS"

Face it, Bioware is now enslaved by some hutt.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2007, 12:34 PM   #15
Darth_Calo
Rookie

Think about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
With Bioware now owned by EA, I think you scratch off the option of KotOR from that list...

There is no way IMHO that LA is going to let a developer owned by another publisher work on a Star Wars game. None.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
.. especially a "FINE" company like EA that is known for its "GREAT PRODUCTS"

Face it, Bioware is now enslaved by some hutt
Why? EA has made sequels before. They will understand that KotOR is very popular and consider making a new one. I wouldn't be surprised. If they look at the income reports (and they WILL) they will know how much Knights of the Old Republic brought in)

AND, EA really is a good company. They've made some good games

Proud of the Six One Seven.
We are Boston. We are strong. We will prevail.
Darth_Calo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2007, 01:45 PM   #16
John Galt

I still think the creation of a KotOR-era MMO would be beneficial to the series in general, and if successful it would essentially guarantee the eventual release of another plot-based KotOR installment in order to provide more historical and sociopolitical information around which expansions of the MMO could be created.

I would also consider it a markedly better way to spend hours of my life than scouring the internet for evidence that KotOR III is in production.

Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein. -Friedrich Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Böse
John Galt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2007, 02:30 PM   #17
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Calo
Why? EA has made sequels before. They will understand that KotOR is very popular and consider making a new one. I wouldn't be surprised.
EA and BioWare do not have the rights to KotOR. Whether they made it or not, they cannot legally produce and sell a sequel without LucasArt's permission. They are far more likely to contract it out to a smaller company (Obsidian) than a large corporation such as EA they'll have to share a larger amount of their profits with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2007, 06:02 PM   #18
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
EA and BioWare do not have the rights to KotOR. Whether they made it or not, they cannot legally produce and sell a sequel without LucasArt's permission. They are far more likely to contract it out to a smaller company (Obsidian) than a large corporation such as EA they'll have to share a larger amount of their profits with.
"Far more likely to" ?!?

There's an understatement if ever I saw one...

Old 10-18-2007, 10:44 AM   #19
Bedlem Wildfire
Lurker

Quote:
I think you misunderstood what I said, I want the same thing your saying, both games and there is no reason to suggest that both can't be made.

What I was asking to know was why everyone thought that the MMO would be KotOR 3, why not have both, and I still can't understand that after the many times of saying that if they made a KotOR MMO it would be separate from the main KotOR storyline, they still think think they will merge them. I really hope I don't have to say that again.

Ahhh I see , well, in that case I 100% agree with you. Kotor 3 and a Kotor MMORPG should completely be two different games. Besides the fact ,Why in the hell would you make the 3rd game to a great sequel like kotor a mmorpg!!!???

(by the way sorry for the (misunderstanding) : )

Last edited by Bedlem Wildfire; 10-18-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Bedlem Wildfire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2007, 11:44 AM   #20
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

Current Game: Skyrim
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlem Wildfire
Why can't BOTH games be made? Like why can't there be a STAR WARS KOTOR MMORPG ******AND!!!***** a KOTOR 3 ?? They could be total seperate and the mmo would be a series mmo . Tell me why not?
Cost mainly...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-19-2007, 03:02 AM   #21
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Cost mainly...
Yes, but they'll make back all the costs when the games go on sale

Old 10-19-2007, 05:43 AM   #22
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Too bad a 'certain' SW mmo ruiined the reputation of a possible SW mmo. Come on...they STOLE HK, they made Obi-Wan appear to toal strangers, and random people would become Force Sensative.
No sir, they'd have to convince a whole bunch of people if they'd want to make a new SW mmo. (all imo)

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #23
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker
Too bad a 'certain' SW mmo ruiined the reputation of a possible SW mmo. Come on...they STOLE HK, they made Obi-Wan appear to toal strangers, and random people would become Force Sensative.
No sir, they'd have to convince a whole bunch of people if they'd want to make a new SW mmo. (all imo)
Well, I'm sure Lucas could see the potential of making a KotOR MMO, especially as it will be the successor of SWG (assuming they don't screw this up as well, which is highly unlikely). Ahhhh I can see the headlines now (well, internet headlines), "SW: KoTOR MMO CRUSHES SWG!!!" lol

Old 10-19-2007, 10:23 PM   #24
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
A KOTOR MMO is perfectly fine in my opinion, though I wouldn't play it(I don't pay to play), just maybe it could be a new Star Wars MMO that LA can make that won't be like Galaxies. Also, I don't think they'd make an MMO part of a storyline, although possible, it would probably scramble the story into bits and pieces that could take awhile to organize. My guess is that the idea is the game will be based in the WORLD of KOTOR but have nothing to do with the events that took place at the time. Don't worry, they SHOULD know what they're doing...

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2007, 06:10 AM   #25
Linky Triforce

Here is a positive post I think:

More BioWare Star Wars MMO rumblings

Full article
Linky Triforce is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2007, 04:27 PM   #26
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linky Triforce
Errm.... How is that positive, if I may ask?

Old 10-22-2007, 10:55 AM   #27
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

Quote:
But they still need the upfront capital.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #28
Taos
Jedi Council Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
But they still need the upfront capital.
I must admit I'm not the expert on how the interworkings of publishers etc in the gaming industry. But I do know that if EA is backing this, I'm pretty sure they got plenty of money to handle the "upfront capital."

Anyways I found a new article about a possible Kotor mmo.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:28 PM   #29
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

oh no...what if the rumors are real...

VOTE FOR DRAGON AGE! DRAGON AGE IS AWESOME! PLAY AS A DRAGON IN AN MMO! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2007, 12:11 AM   #30
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemu Taos
Anyways I found a new article about a possible Kotor mmo.
It will be interesting to see if BioWare is indeed developing their MMORPG for the Star Wars KotOR era. I know if this turns out to be true I am pretty much guaranteed to have my first MMORPG experience with the first MMORPG developed by BioWare.

"Be gentle with me BioWare, it's our first time time together. Let's make it special."

EDIT: I do like GameSpot's evaluation of Primo Technology's report in their Rumor Control section. Pretty much neutral.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Last edited by Char Ell; 10-23-2007 at 12:27 AM. Reason: added link
Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2007, 02:18 AM   #31
jesusfreaks_90
Rookie

Lol I just saw that and was about to post it.
jesusfreaks_90 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2007, 09:51 AM   #32
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Interesting...Bioware and MMO's....very interesting indeed.

It has been a rumor for some times, and I've been pondering on it since it was suggested.
Imo, it could be a match made in heaven, or hell, no way in between.

Since Bioware is known for their rich story development, this could be one of the few MMO's with enough lore and backstory to remain attractive to newcomers. Good example is WoW, which already had a huge backstory before. Knowing Bioware, they could draw so much from the SW universe and the previous two games that they wouldn't need 'artificial' storylines like HK-47's or Obi-Wans on Mustafar like Galaxies needed.

Also, EA has much experience with internet and server technology. Bioware for the game, EA for the online support. Match made in Heaven

Or...Bioware decides to do a SW Galaxies. Take a time-line, deliver a game, and let EA destroy it.

Sidenote: Buiseness model? $15/month or Guild Wars system? The last seems to fit better with the previous Kotor games.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2007, 10:05 AM   #33
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they got plenty of money to handle the "upfront capital."
That could very well be...

Old 10-23-2007, 10:11 AM   #34
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztalker
Sidenote: Buiseness model? $15/month or Guild Wars system? The last seems to fit better with the previous Kotor games.
If BioWare's MMOG does turn out to be based on KotOR and LucasArts president Jim Ward has any say about it (I'm sure he would), I think we can expect a monthly fee to play the game. Mr. Ward is very much interested in developing varied revenue streams for LucasArts beyond just the initial sale of a game. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't go for a fee model like the one Guild Wars is using where you just buy the game but don't have to pay anything to play the game online.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:55 AM   #35
Taos
Jedi Council Member

Quote:
From the Gamespot article.

[UPDATE] In a conference call with analysts after the announcement, EA executives shed some light on the motivation behind the deal. Besides the impeccable pedigree of both studios, Riccitiello said that the "acquisition fills out a gap in [EA's] genre lineup," specifically the role-playing and action adventure markets. The executive also cited BioWare's forthcoming MMORPG as a huge opportunity for "further expansion into the MMO space."
Even if it isn't kotor, I am definitely excited that EA wants to continue to move forward with the Bioware mmo. Of course if it is kotor, all the better!

Old 10-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #36
Hann_Starr
Rookie

I've never played an MMO, but from everything i've heard and read about them, they're short on story and character development. So for those reasons alone, I say thumbs downto a MMO version of KOTOR 3.

First there was darkness...then came the strangers
Hann_Starr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2007, 02:44 PM   #37
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamespot article.
[UPDATE] In a conference call with analysts after the announcement, EA executives shed some light on the motivation behind the deal. Besides the impeccable pedigree of both studios, Riccitiello said that the "acquisition fills out a gap in [EA's] genre lineup," specifically the role-playing and action adventure markets. The executive also cited BioWare's forthcoming MMORPG as a huge opportunity for "further expansion into the MMO space."
Even if it isn't kotor, I am definitely excited that EA wants to continue to move forward with the Bioware mmo. Of course if it is kotor, all the better!
If the MMORPG is still coming, then there is no way it's KotOR. None. In fact, I'd take the above as proof positive that it is not. We'll have both colds days in Hell, two thursdays in a week, AND see pigs fly before LA lets EA get anywhere near a Star Wars game. Heck, we'll even see LA get Obsidian to finish TSL before that happens

Old 10-23-2007, 07:11 PM   #38
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hann_Starr
I've never played an MMO, but from everything i've heard and read about them, they're short on story and character development. So for those reasons alone, I say thumbs downto a MMO version of KOTOR 3.
I have never played an MMO either, and really don't want to. I would much rather buy the game for my Xbox! With that said I give this idea a massive two thumbs down.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2007, 08:53 PM   #39
True_Avery
Banned

I've been waiting for a new mmo for awhile and if they want to make one, I say let them. Nobody is forcing you to play this game and it could either turn out to be fun, mildly fun, or another Matrix Online.

Personally, I do not see how they could possibly make a third KOTOR at all. The story is too individually driven. I mean, come on... we have debates about what GENDER Revan and the Exile are. If we find out what happens to both of them other than them disapearing, then you can expect a huge uproar from many fans. The story is too sensitive I think to be made into another single player unless it is thrown into the hands of a group that know exactly what they are doing, and considering the LA isn't the kindest to the people it works with (Obsidian and it's time frame) you can expect them to take the cheap road out.

An MMO would be that cheap road out. It would pull in more money, it would make up for the fact their last MMO bit the dust, and it can be edited completely by the touch of a button at anytime. They can spread the story out far and wide to get people to play harder and longer, but in the end accomplish nothing but turning the Kotor story into another World Of Warcraft lore tragedy.

They can do what they want, and maybe one day they will learn. LA either refuses to listen to fans, or listens to them WAY TOO MUCH. Considering that all the children bitching and complaining about not being a Jedi in Galaxies made them turn everybody into Jedi... I can safely say that LA's balls change size at random.

Will it be made? I dunno. I think anybody saying that it absolutely will be made and absolutely wont be made needs to sit back and consider what the gaming industry will make into games and comeback to me saying that some things are impossible.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #40
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
If the MMORPG is still coming, then there is no way it's KotOR.
Why do you say that? If LA and BioWare signed a contract for BioWare to develop a KotOR MMORPG before LA knew about EA acquiring BioWare then LA may not have a choice. Of course if the contract contains language that allows either party to terminate if a change in control occurs with either party then LA could back out of the deal. Of course this is all if BioWare is making a KotOR MMOG. This could very well be a moot argument.

From my perspective I see a lot of reasons why a KotOR MMORPG is a good idea. This gives players the opportunity to realistically play as a Jedi since there are a lot of Jedi in that period. SWG seems to be operating under a very tarnished image now. Maybe this would give SWG the opportunity to recast itself again, letting those players who want to play in a Jedi-filled environment go with KotOR and SWG returning to it's non-Jedi or sparse Jedi roots. Of course I personally prefer a single player experience but I would definitely be willing to give a KotOR MMORPG a whirl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
Nobody is forcing you to play this game and it could either turn out to be fun, mildly fun, or another Matrix Online.
So does that mean Matrix Online is not a fun MMORPG? That game, SWG, and Guild Wars were the only MMORPG's I ever considered playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
I can safely say that LA's balls change size at random.
LOLLABALLS

Last edited by Char Ell; 10-25-2007 at 12:30 AM. Reason: correction of considered MMOG's
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > mmorpg.com BIOWARE MMO poll , take a look..