Hoth 0 0%
Death Star Interior 4 23.53%
Tantive IV 1 5.88%
Any Yavin IV Maps 0 0%
Dagobah 0 0%
Other (Explain which one) 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Best Maps?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-01-2008, 06:54 AM   #1
Gemini_Thunder
Rookie

Best Maps?

Okay i've been thinking and stuff, and i'm kinda curious as to what everyone's favorite map is from both I & II. So here is basically a poll of planets, (all that make the first 10, the rest will be other) and we can just see which one pops up, and by the way, I messed up on the last one. =\ I'm also curious as to why Dagobah is so bad, I mean, it's not that bad to me.

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”
Gemini_Thunder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
Bs|Rogue52
Rookie

I actually like Dagobah, its just most people cant look past the fog, and don't like all the open space because it makes it hard to Engineer and Rocket spam.

My vote goes to Rhen Var though Bespin and Tatooine come close.

Acta Non Verba
Bs|Rogue52 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #3
TripHammer

I like Sniping on Dagobah. Lot's of places to hide up in them trees. There's also some fairly good long stretches to shoot from too.

My fave map prolly has to be Kamino.. always has been. If we're taking mod maps into account.. The Rise of the Empire maps are phenominal. Bespin Cloud City is a good ole standby, and is always in the favorite list as well.

Rogue52 alludes to specific units too.. that's a good point.. While I enjoy sniper on kamino.. not really the map to go engi.. If I'm going Engi.. my favorite map would be Polis Massa. Same with going Heavy.. My favorite map when playing a Heavy, would have to Mygeeto.

TripHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2008, 01:12 PM   #4
Gemini_Thunder
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs|Rogue52 View Post
I actually like Dagobah, its just most people cant look past the fog, and don't like all the open space because it makes it hard to Engineer and Rocket spam.

My vote goes to Rhen Var though Bespin and Tatooine come close.
Um, all I can say is, thank you! Some people can't stand Dagobah because of the fog and such, and yes, the open space. It isn't all that bad though. In fact, my fog makes it more challenging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripHammer View Post
I like Sniping on Dagobah. Lot's of places to hide up in them trees. There's also some fairly good long stretches to shoot from too.

My fave map prolly has to be Kamino.. always has been. If we're taking mod maps into account.. The Rise of the Empire maps are phenominal. Bespin Cloud City is a good ole standby, and is always in the favorite list as well.

Rogue52 alludes to specific units too.. that's a good point.. While I enjoy sniper on kamino.. not really the map to go engi.. If I'm going Engi.. my favorite map would be Polis Massa. Same with going Heavy.. My favorite map when playing a Heavy, would have to Mygeeto.
Yes yes, great minds think alike, the mind of a sniper. The best map for sniping is Kamino, since everyone reaches for a turret, and yeah, they're head is the only thing you can hit.

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”
Old 07-01-2008, 02:13 PM   #5
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
I dont like dagobah because it kills my framerate along with a few other maps like felucia. I would say death star and tantive are my favorite shipped BF2 exclusive maps, while harbor and and platforms are my favorite shipped BF1. Of the maps on both, probably mos eisley. As for mod maps, I would say most of eddies maps in squiddies pack, some of the 607th maps, jal kaan river conflict, boras II, Legend of Zelda: Hyrule fields and I guess battle arena

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2008, 12:08 PM   #6
Aeviv
Rookie

favourite map? thats hard.
I really like Mustafar and Hoth, especiallu Hoth, as there is a mix of the open stuff and CQC style combat. I know what i dont like tho, dagobah, Felucia and Naboo, probably cos i end up playing them loads on galactic conquest
Aeviv is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #7
Gemini_Thunder
Rookie

Yeah, I don't really like Felucia. The positoning of the CP are just messed up. Dagobah isn't really all that bad, but in GC you'll have to constantly go there. That can get annoying.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #8
Bs|Rogue52
Rookie

There is nothing good about Felucia, ive grown to like Dagobah, but Felucia is just to colorful with plants that block your shots like the columns on Coruscant, when it seems you have a clear shot.

Acta Non Verba
Bs|Rogue52 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #9
Gemini_Thunder
Rookie

Yeah true, Felucia is just a hassle, and you won't be able to hold a command pot for a minute unless you're actually there. Felucia is just about the worst map to me.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:45 PM   #10
MacTavish

Rhen Var was awesome, both maps, I wish they had put it in BF2.

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #11
Gemini_Thunder
Rookie

Yeah me too, Rhen Var rocked.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:54 PM   #12
Davinq
I wear a fez now

Current Game: Portal
I voted Death Star Interior because I really like how the various spots on the map allude to different parts of the movie like the prison sector, complete with the garbage chute, the hangar where the Falcon was presumably captured, complete with the overhang control centre, and the meeting room where the Moffs met up and Vader choked one. I mostly appreciate BFII for these kinds of things, versus really getting into the shooting aspect. That's what RC is for.
Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #13
TripHammer

Well.. on PC... the +123 Mod v2.2 has Rhen Var Harbor and Citadel. In fact the mod adds more than 123 more maps and modes into the game. Hero Assault on all the maps. More hunts and Clone War Assault maps added.. CIS on Hoth and Endor.. GCW on Felucia and Geonosis. Space Corruscant, Space Kamino, Space Mustafar. CIS against Rebels... Empire against Republic maps. Bespin Cloud City is back along with Yavin IV Arena.

The +123 Mod v2.2 just seems like an expansion pack for SWBF2... and best of all it doesn't change any originally installed SWBF2 files. It simply goes into the Addon Folder.

+123 Mod v2.2 HERE

TripHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-03-2008, 10:47 PM   #14
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

CP + 1.2 > +123 IMO

Old 07-13-2008, 12:23 PM   #15
Gemini_Thunder
Rookie

Ooooooookay then.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #16
Great Scott!

I'd go with Tatooine, if only for Assault.

Hill Valley

"A nice place to live."
Great Scott! is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2008, 02:01 PM   #17
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin` View Post
Rhen Var was awesome, both maps, I wish they had put it in BF2.
The Xbox Version of Battlefront II got a content pack that had both Rhen Vars along with the other BF1 maps minus Bespin:Platforms, but every other one. Plus added Heroes Assault to almost every map along with other game modes. So I don't miss the Rhen Vars, my favorite map! I'm surprised the PC version didn't get this content. I beleive for a long time the BF2 Xbox community was larger than the PC community but not anymore. The PC community is still strong I bet!
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2008, 05:42 PM   #18
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

The PC made its own bonus pack, and it has easily 10X the amount of content that the xbox expansion pack did, and its free for the PC.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:00 PM   #19
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Of course it is!
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2008, 10:42 PM   #20
Gemini_Thunder
Rookie

Yeah, that's better I suppose.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:28 PM   #21
darkjedimonkey
Rookie

i like bespin the most. in single player is totally dominating if you know what your doing. in multiplayer its great for everything, ecspecially sniping and mowing ppl down.
darkjedimonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2008, 12:48 PM   #22
Gemini_Thunder
Rookie

Yesssss, after Rhen Var, Bespin would be there. I just like how the battle is played out.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:23 PM   #23
GwannaSauna
Rookie

Battlefront:
Rhen Var: Citadel
Bespin: Cloud City
Bespin: Platforms
Geonosis: Spire
Kashyyyk: Docks
Naboo: Plains
Kamino: Tipoca City
Endor: Bunker

Battlefront II:
Hoth: Echo Base
Tatooine: Jabba's Palace
Tatooine: Mos Eisley
Polis Massa: Uh, Polis Massa
Tantive IV
Death Star: Uh, Death Star

Battlefront: Renegade Squadron:
Boz Pity
Korriban
Sullust

They should definetely add a space Death Star level to both Galactic Conquest and Instant Action

You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!
GwannaSauna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2008, 06:37 AM   #24
TheRogueForums
Rookie

Tantiv IV, CTF. Hands down, the best. map. ever.

TheRogueForums is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #25
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor

Current Game: Abandoned Realms
You...don't have the conversion pack, do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #26
cscLaunch
Rookie

Current Game: SWBF1&2,KOTOR,ME1&2
Bespin(Both) would have to be my favorite, the battles are fun, but Rhen Var(both) comes in a close second.

By Krilce
cscLaunch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #27
abaptistos
Lurker

When i m playing in pc i like mos eisly(i don't remember the name but i think is that...i mean the anakin's planet) but when i m playing in ps2 i like polis masa(again i don't remember the name :P ... in this map you can take many kills )
abaptistos is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > General Discussion > Best Maps?