lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Problem with GiveItem Cheat
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-22-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
MasterWaffle
Rookie

Problem with GiveItem Cheat

I hope this is in the right forum. If it isn't, my apologies!

I have a problem with the giveitem cheat. All the other cheats work just fine, but when I use the giveitem cheat instead of the item I asked for I usually get a picture of a grenade with no name or description. Can anyone give me a hand? I'd appreciate it.

- Waffles
MasterWaffle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2007, 09:11 PM   #2
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
That would be what we call around here a "Null-Nade"... it is the result of a misspelling of the items tag.

Example: giveitem g_w_blstrrfl001 will give you a blaster rifle... but if you misspell the items tag (the second g_w_blstrrfl001 part of the code) you get a blank grenade.

To find a list of the items look here (For K1) and here (For TSL). The items code is the part in the title surrounded by parenthesis, sans the .uti part.

I hope this helps.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-22-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
MasterWaffle
Rookie

Thanks! I was putting .uti at the end of every code. Oops.
MasterWaffle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-23-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Just a suggestion, but you might want to save your game at the beginning and then use KSE to get the inventory items you want and then start playing. It's a lot less work (ie typing).....I know b/c your problem happened a lot to me when I first started playing the game. At least it's not so bad w/KOTOR b/c you can check for a spelling mistake, unlike TSL where the words are invisible.
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > Problem with GiveItem Cheat