lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: I have collected...
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-15-2006, 07:55 PM   #1
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
I have collected...

I have collected...
Since the early 1990s, I decided to enhance my Vintage collection. Since that time, I have collected about 277ish figures.

100 - POTF (1994-98 Red Card)
130 - POTF (1994-98 Green Card and Freeze Frame)
10 - Episode I

36 - Re-released "Vintage Original Trilogy Collection" (These are figures that were customly designed for limited release about a year and a half ago. They have reprints of the original backings to the 1980s figures. Hasbro release four figures from Episode Iv, V, and VI. Otherwords, there were 12 in the collection.)
They look like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-VOTC-E...QQcmdZViewItem
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2006, 02:08 PM   #2
Katarn07
Joxer the Mighty
 
Katarn07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: No clue
Posts: 4,250
And???

Good for you and all that you have collected and (hopefully) enjoy it. I only have 30-40 loose vintage guys (maybe 5-10 of them in good condition) but have got all figures from '95-'04. I lost interest around them and don't collect much anymore. The VOTC guys are by far some of my favs.



Like to read? Like fantasy stories? Like doing people you've never met in person favors? Then read and review my original movie screenplay! You will, you must. It is your destiny....

Check out the best shots of all of my collections along with some of my better attempts at artwork here.
Katarn07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-20-2006, 09:12 PM   #3
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarn07
And???

Good for you and all that you have collected and (hopefully) enjoy it. I only have 30-40 loose vintage guys (maybe 5-10 of them in good condition) but have got all figures from '95-'04. I lost interest around them and don't collect much anymore. The VOTC guys are by far some of my favs.
Yeah! Those VOTCs are the coolest. The reason why I posted this is to start a conversation about collecting. I didn't mean to come off horrible... Hehehe...

'VOTCs' are very fragile.
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2006, 02:18 PM   #4
Katarn07
Joxer the Mighty
 
Katarn07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: No clue
Posts: 4,250
Are they? I haven't had a problem with them yet. The only one who I still occasionly 'play' with is Luke to make his shirt not so poofy. I have them all in their packages as well since they're so damned cool. I only have 4 vintage guys on the card, and none in good shape. Vintage cards are by far the best packaging ever done for these figures. OTC are pretty cool too.

Yeah. I am more into the WotC miniatures because Hasbro keeps remaking the same stuff over, and over, and over, and over. WotC makes all sorts of generic aliens (and a lot of Vaders but at least he's cool enough to get 1000 ).



Like to read? Like fantasy stories? Like doing people you've never met in person favors? Then read and review my original movie screenplay! You will, you must. It is your destiny....

Check out the best shots of all of my collections along with some of my better attempts at artwork here.
Katarn07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2006, 02:29 PM   #5
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarn07
Are they? I haven't had a problem with them yet. The only one who I still occasionly 'play' with is Luke to make his shirt not so poofy. I have them all in their packages as well since they're so damned cool. I only have 4 vintage guys on the card, and none in good shape. Vintage cards are by far the best packaging ever done for these figures. OTC are pretty cool too.

Yeah. I am more into the WotC miniatures because Hasbro keeps remaking the same stuff over, and over, and over, and over. WotC makes all sorts of generic aliens (and a lot of Vaders but at least he's cool enough to get 1000 ).
I took one of my sets out of the package. At one point, I was selling them on EBay, and I had so many left. The hands and feet are fragile. The detail on the figures are pretty cool.

Yeah! I agree. Eventhough they are reprints, the backings are so authentic. I think Hasbro did an ecellent job on them.

WotC miniatures? What are they?
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-02-2006, 05:41 PM   #6
Katarn07
Joxer the Mighty
 
Katarn07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: No clue
Posts: 4,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeodCorp
WotC miniatures? What are they?
My crack cocaine.

You may have heard of Wizards of the Coast. They have had the license to AD&D for the past decade or longer, have made a slew of CCG, and now have won my heart over with these.

I like them more than the figures for several reasons:
1) Less remakes (Once again, Vader is the only exception to having more than 2 versions)
3) Obscure Aliens, both unique characters and generic fringers (Ponda Baba and Rodian Mercenary)
3) Randomization of packaging (you don't know what you're getting, so trading and selling duplicates is always fun)

I've been collecting them since the end of '04 now. I actually just took a slew of new pics of all my collections, including my miniatures. I'll upload them some other time to show you just how cool they are to display.

Don't get me wrong about the action figures. I played with a lot of the figures in my collection as a kid and love them very much, but the figures coming out today just don't get me excited. It's more of a chore than a hobby. There are exceptions, but not often.



Like to read? Like fantasy stories? Like doing people you've never met in person favors? Then read and review my original movie screenplay! You will, you must. It is your destiny....

Check out the best shots of all of my collections along with some of my better attempts at artwork here.
Katarn07 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 05:34 PM   #7
dark jedi 8
law abiding citizen:)
 
dark jedi 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: still in Ohio, can't complain
Posts: 1,899
ive been collecting also since 94, and like katarn07 said it has gotten reduntant lately. but some of the 06 offerings are pretty cool so im still under hasbro's control. not too many complaints though...


"to be great is to be misunderstood" - Emerson
dark jedi 8 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-04-2006, 05:41 PM   #8
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark jedi 8
ive been collecting also since 94, and like katarn07 said it has gotten reduntant lately. but some of the 06 offerings are pretty cool so im still under hasbro's control. not too many complaints though...
Hehehe... Hasbro...

I tried to see if I could order a case of VOTCs when they were released, but it is extrodinary expensive. Plus, you get the shipments in waves, and there is no guarantee in getting every figure. So, I was stuck purchasing them the hard way.

Hasbro's distribution and headquarters are located about one hour away from where I live.

---------------------------

Wizards of the West Coast... I forgot about them. Hehehe... I was able to get thorugh a friend: Wizards - Star Wars #0 - Boba Fett (With a signed certificate.)

It is pretty sweet.



R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2006, 12:33 PM   #9
carvin77
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeodCorp
I have collected...
Since the early 1990s, I decided to enhance my Vintage collection. Since that time, I have collected about 277ish figures.

100 - POTF (1994-98 Red Card)
130 - POTF (1994-98 Green Card and Freeze Frame)
10 - Episode I

36 - Re-released "Vintage Original Trilogy Collection" (These are figures that were customly designed for limited release about a year and a half ago. They have reprints of the original backings to the 1980s figures. Hasbro release four figures from Episode Iv, V, and VI. Otherwords, there were 12 in the collection.)
They look like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-VOTC-E...QQcmdZViewItem

carvin77 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-12-2006, 06:35 PM   #10
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
I noticed on Ebay that there is a new 'Vintage Original Trilogy Collection' set of figures. They are similar to those that came out about a year and a half ago. They run about $10 at Toys-R-Us.



R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-21-2006, 02:58 AM   #11
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™
 
RedHawke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Stormreach CA.
Posts: 9,184
Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeodCorp
I noticed on Ebay that there is a new 'Vintage Original Trilogy Collection' set of figures. They are similar to those that came out about a year and a half ago. They run about $10 at Toys-R-Us.
Are you talking about the 5 vintage packaged figures; Luke in Pilot Outfit, Han with Trenchcoat, Sandperson, Greedo, and Scout Trooper?


"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2006, 03:50 AM   #12
darth_dub
Rookie
 
darth_dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 16
I bought a Greedo figure in the package at a flea market for $2 that looks just like the old one. The date is wrong though.

darth_dub is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #13
jebbers
FUS RO DAH
 
jebbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lewiston, NY
Posts: 1,551
Current Game: Skyrim




Here's just my figures. I have loads of Lego sets and Mace Windu and Darth Vader Force FX Lightsabers.

jebbers is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-09-2007, 07:30 PM   #14
CLONECOMMANDER501
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 369
I have so many figures its too much for 1 camera.


CLONECOMMANDER501 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Collecting > I have collected...

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:41 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.