lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: MotS Player Call out! the class of 1998-2000
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-28-2007, 02:57 PM   #1
RS_FireBird
Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1
MotS Player Call out! the class of 1998-2000

Hello all =)

I used to play MotS years ago on the Zone, I was there in Astroid's golden years from around 98-2000. The community back then was something close to that of Jabba's Palace, you got all sorts. the good, the bad, the ugly, the damn right dreadful. but man was it the best!!. You could walk into Astroid, and get 20 "heys!" from your buds, or at the same time you could get the haters calling you out. I left abruptly around 2000, and didn't look back, only recently have I began to wonder what happend to good old Astroid and my long lost buds that I would sit up all night with talking about any old stuff, playing games, trash talking etc. The Zone seems to have gone now to, I was hoping to log on Zf and check out who all is still around.

Those 2 years were the best gaming years of my life, it'll never be that good again, (tho I was alot younger back then and had no real responsibiltys)

So Im just posting this here, because its the only place I found, I google'd some players names, Clan names, but everything is gone now,

Im just wondering what happend to players of those years, what became of them? and there clans? JOTS(jedi of the sith) NBK players(natural born killas) in fact I did stumble across http://members.tripod.com/max_79/nbk/ on google, but its still only from 2000, and only the members page really works. Clans like GI, OotCS, GQ, DIK, 435, nEw (cant remember what they all stand for) Players like _Quatermain_ , Sgt_Salt, Instigator, Majic, DooM, Queenie, JBWithers, MAX, YG, slave, blackbunnie, jots_msk could go on for ever...

SO if your a MotS player, however well known or not you were, any info on any of the players/clans and where they play now would be cool =)

MotS and its community was golden.. Ill never forget those gaming days!

Later!
-FB-
RS_FireBird is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-28-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
JKLE_Cougar
Junior Member
 
JKLE_Cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 285
hey we play MotS.... if you want a game or 2 for ol times sakes go to the link in my sig we are always looking for new players


JKLE one of the last active JK and MotS clans out there jkle.jkdf2.net
Legends return one last time
JKLE_Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
moniker
Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1
Virtually everyone has long, long, long since moved on from this place and this game. They've scattered with the wind... all that is left now is warm memories of a time that really wasn't that good anyways.

http://www.jediknight.net/ctf/member.html
moniker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-29-2007, 07:42 PM   #4
JKLE_Cougar
Junior Member
 
JKLE_Cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 285
there is my clan.... :\

members.lycos.co.uk/jkle


JKLE one of the last active JK and MotS clans out there jkle.jkdf2.net
Legends return one last time
JKLE_Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2007, 04:56 PM   #5
vallo
Lurker
 
vallo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8
JKLE is the only remaining active MotS clan.
vallo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #6
DIK_AMERICANO
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1
Hello Fire Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_FireBird
Hello all =)

I used to play MotS years ago on the Zone, I was there in Astroid's golden years from around 98-2000. The community back then was something close to that of Jabba's Palace, you got all sorts. the good, the bad, the ugly, the damn right dreadful. but man was it the best!!. You could walk into Astroid, and get 20 "heys!" from your buds, or at the same time you could get the haters calling you out. I left abruptly around 2000, and didn't look back, only recently have I began to wonder what happend to good old Astroid and my long lost buds that I would sit up all night with talking about any old stuff, playing games, trash talking etc. The Zone seems to have gone now to, I was hoping to log on Zf and check out who all is still around.

Those 2 years were the best gaming years of my life, it'll never be that good again, (tho I was alot younger back then and had no real responsibiltys)

So Im just posting this here, because its the only place I found, I google'd some players names, Clan names, but everything is gone now,

Im just wondering what happend to players of those years, what became of them? and there clans? JOTS(jedi of the sith) NBK players(natural born killas) in fact I did stumble across http://members.tripod.com/max_79/nbk/ on google, but its still only from 2000, and only the members page really works. Clans like GI, OotCS, GQ, DIK, 435, nEw (cant remember what they all stand for) Players like _Quatermain_ , Sgt_Salt, Instigator, Majic, DooM, Queenie, JBWithers, MAX, YG, slave, blackbunnie, jots_msk could go on for ever...

SO if your a MotS player, however well known or not you were, any info on any of the players/clans and where they play now would be cool =)

MotS and its community was golden.. Ill never forget those gaming days!

Later!
-FB-

This is Americano, DIK (Dedicated Intelligent Knights) is still very much alive but we have moved to playing local tournaments in Miami mostly on the 360. Halo, Halo 2 and GOW. Yes I very much remember the golden days of Mots and actually one of my members is writing a script about those years. I remember all the big time players, the regulars, the sysops and the madness. I played everyday for 3 years sometimes for hours. We reached a pinnacle of gaming success most people didnt think possible and brought down some powerful clans. I remember RS was a respected clan who specialized in NF sabers. I remember fighting your leader on the level "Splinter of the minds eye" very respectful player.
DIK_AMERICANO is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2007, 02:01 AM   #7
DooM_TQ
Lurker
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2
asdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIK_AMERICANO
This is Americano, DIK (Dedicated Intelligent Knights) is still very much alive but we have moved to playing local tournaments in Miami mostly on the 360. Halo, Halo 2 and GOW. Yes I very much remember the golden days of Mots and actually one of my members is writing a script about those years. I remember all the big time players, the regulars, the sysops and the madness. I played everyday for 3 years sometimes for hours. We reached a pinnacle of gaming success most people didnt think possible and brought down some powerful clans. I remember RS was a respected clan who specialized in NF sabers. I remember fighting your leader on the level "Splinter of the minds eye" very respectful player.
AMERICANOanass.
DooM_TQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2007, 03:43 AM   #8
DooM_TQ
Lurker
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by moniker
...all that is left now is warm memories of a time that really wasn't that good anyways.
It was good times for all... don't know what you're talking about. Did one of us eliter players mock you or something?
DooM_TQ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #9
-COWB0Y-
Lurker
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
haha wow, never saw this coming.

i often wonder what happened to everyone from the zone, i havent spoken too or heard from anyone from asteroid in ages. other than calyx who i grew up with. Amer and DooM great to see you are both still kickin.

i had so much fun in those days, DIK lives on thats so cool.

*edit*

i was wrong, i talk to Pyreus and Confed every day cause we still game together. often not in the same games but we have a vent server we use all the time.

i have limited infos on a few players.

myself (DIK_COWB0Y) i play World of Warcraft in my spare time.

DKB_Confed plays SWG cause he loves the constant pvp.
DKB_Pyreus plays WoW on the same server i do, and some other stuff.
Calyx_NBK plays WoW on a different server than i do.

last i heard Rage and Nicodemus were playing tribes 2 or something like that. wish i could remember the name of the guild they were in.

for a while after mots died out i played JK with the JaG clan, and we actually managed to keep in touch for a considerable amount of time after JK died out as well, but that was several years ago.

i remember mots mostly with warm fuzzies. i had tons of fun and got to know alot of unique people from all walks of live and from many different places.

weapon 8 and freeze tag 4 evah.

Last edited by -COWB0Y-; 12-11-2007 at 05:50 PM.
-COWB0Y- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2008, 12:47 PM   #10
GQ_Sirbob
 
GQ_Sirbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9
GQ_Sirbob

I also lost 3 years of my life on this game 98-2000. Too many Zone memories there was so much drama going on that you reallly get pulled in to playing all night every night. I remember all the top clans like DIK, 435, GI, POS, jots, MD.. I use GQ in my webmail so that I'll never forget MOTS.

I am currently a Graphic designer for Cell phones, and I also create the desktop wallpaper for the San Diego Chargers. I currently post on the Chargers website and create cool signatures art for forums. I no longer am a gamer I would like to maybe get into Starcraft2 someday but not at the level I was playing MOTS.
I also own sirbob.com
If you frequent any other forums and were an old friend of mine just post the forum URL, I'll stop by and make you a sig.

Here are some JOTS_MAX pages still standing.
http://home.san.rr.com/max/coolppl.htm

http://home.san.rr.com/max/mots.htm

I vote for MOTS2 with next Generation graphics but same game play! all but the saber battle contact.


im gonna KILL YOUR HEAD!

Last edited by GQ_Sirbob; 01-01-2008 at 01:06 PM.
GQ_Sirbob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #11
JKLE_Cougar
Junior Member
 
JKLE_Cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 285
hey GQ_Sirbob if you have AIM feel free to IM me at xMasterKatarnx

we are trying to get a MotS tourney when www.jkdf2.net is set up


JKLE one of the last active JK and MotS clans out there jkle.jkdf2.net
Legends return one last time
JKLE_Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #12
GQ_OJ_Simpson
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1
OJ Here - Looking thinking of going back to my old stomping grounds... let me know if and where you still play. This game can still hang with the current gen stuff IMO,
GQ_OJ_Simpson is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #13
shambizi
Lurker
 
shambizi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 9
Current Game: EQ2
JOTS_CMNDR_KEEN

Hey all! I just happened type in JOTS MOTS in Google and came across this thread. Good too see some old names. How is everyone and what are you playing these days?
shambizi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-22-2008, 09:08 PM   #14
StarWarsGooN
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Southern New England, USA
Posts: 28
Hey MotS multiplayer on 28.8 / 56K was the golden age of multiplayer gaming for me too! I went by the name Bombo Biggles in multiplayer MotS and I originally wrote - typed up the 1st MOTS Taunt List that I submitted years and years ago (almost a decade) to jediknight.net and I can't believe you can still find it out there at this particular link:
http://www.geocities.com/area51/star...otS-Taunts.txt
God I wish someone would just bring back jediboard and improve upon it! I used to love just posting and hosting my ip address on there and writing a description and leaving comments about that particular game played. JediBoard was just great. Bring back JediBoard!
StarWarsGooN is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2008, 02:05 PM   #15
shambizi
Lurker
 
shambizi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 9
Current Game: EQ2
People I have had contact with from the old school of MOTS/JOTS

Mango- Ran in to him about 3 years ago at his shop.
Carnage- havent seen him since Episode 1 came out LOL
Tina- Same
Tina's Husband Demon something I think. Same
Nicodemus I was talking to him a few years ago on some tribes forums but I can't remember where.
shambizi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2008, 02:04 AM   #16
JKLE_Cougar
Junior Member
 
JKLE_Cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 285
If anyone here is interested there is a MotS tournament in the making please feel free to sign up to relive the good ol times!!

http://jkdf2.net/mots/


JKLE one of the last active JK and MotS clans out there jkle.jkdf2.net
Legends return one last time
JKLE_Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2008, 06:28 PM   #17
GQ_Sirbob
 
GQ_Sirbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9
I'll call out some names.
New_barTender
GQ_Mystic
GQ_babydragon
GQ_Yeroc
435_god
435_exhaltedone
JOTS_MAX
MST2K7
NBK_Phoenix
JOTS_Spider (just stay dead)


im gonna KILL YOUR HEAD!
GQ_Sirbob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #18
-COWB0Y-
Lurker
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
i wonder what the whole GDS faction is up to, they came along later on in the mots timeline but some of them were alot of fun and pretty good.

Predator
Vaporz
Reaper

i used to log onto my old icq and see a few names pop up that still used icq, DIK_NiCoDeMuS, DIK_RAGE, GDS_Vaporz, JaG_Fleury, JaG_BuDMaN, JOTS_BigDee

havent logged on in a long time though.

I wonder what the zone MOTS community would have been like with things such as ventrilo or teamspeak.

i can still remember the first zone ban i got.. lol. i was in _2Cool_ at the time and +Deal4U whipped an ip ban on me.. which didnt do much at the time cause hardly anyone had static ips.
-COWB0Y- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 05:59 PM   #19
shambizi
Lurker
 
shambizi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 9
Current Game: EQ2
HAHa totally I remember the IP bans, that was so funny. I think I had 7 or 8 zone login Names and ironically enough the POS_Smackmaster one was the only one to not get banned.

What is this "new zone" I've heard a bout a few times?
shambizi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-11-2008, 06:29 PM   #20
JKLE_Cougar
Junior Member
 
JKLE_Cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 285
IGZ


go to www.IGZones.com to find out more

currently it only supports JK but Nick... a member of my clan helped establish it... is going to try and get MotS support as well... I have to keep kicking him to get on it


JKLE one of the last active JK and MotS clans out there jkle.jkdf2.net
Legends return one last time
JKLE_Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2008, 11:19 PM   #21
GameCat
Lurker
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1
good times

i remember the mots era , like the poster said, best gaming days.. best gaming days ill ever have anyway. i remember it all, the dramas, the clans.. new bartender vs yg and nbk 24/7, the whole icequeens move from ootcs to nbk and the sturs is made thru the community..the good goes to the darkside type deal. i remember the whole zappo and his fish stuff, still to this day.. was the guy with the fish for real. gds britsh boy rising from the sdk clan and gaining a little respect, xmens_rouge and spacechk fights, xmens_rouges nose being big, bee and his many alias's, was he or wasnt he dik, 2cool being banned, 2cools site being taken down by there host for rasist material, +bromide, jots_allies being a jackass, carnage and moose drinking in the lobby all night, devildog - nuffsaid, great times, all of it... i remember to much for my own good, but its funny how these things stick with you, it just shows that for me, those really were some of the best times and the best community gaming years i have had and probably will have..and its 10 years gone.
GameCat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #22
shambizi
Lurker
 
shambizi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 9
Current Game: EQ2
Good Lord the Zappo and his Fish. I totally forgot about that. I think I still have that picture somewhere. I'll find it and put it up for all of your reminiscence. aahhhh those were the good days of gaming for sure. Natural competition in a forum where anything went.... As long as a Sysop wasn't in the room, but Hey it was MOTS we were the jerks of JK and were proud of it
shambizi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #23
Kronos7
Lurker
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
OMG…I can’t believe I stumbled across this thread. I just found megs and megs of zipped MoTS screenshots on an old machine of mine the other day. I was never really into the clan thing, so you guys probably don’t remember me. I was in RS + DoTS for a while, but I tended to switch names several time a night. (Kronos, Kalis, Methos, Kanwulf , and other Highlander derivatives) It was just easier to switch names and keep playing than to waste time trying to convince the noobs that you beat them fair and square. Anyway, in these screenshots I found, I think I saw just about everyone who’s posted or been mentioned here. Definitely the best gaming days of my life. Some of my favorite times were playing nf sabers with Starman, Kai, Eagle, and the other RS guys. And ff games with OJ, Ash, BabyDragon, Deciple, and the GQ boys. Oh, and I second that motion for a MoTS2.
Kronos7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #24
JKLE_Cougar
Junior Member
 
JKLE_Cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos7
OMG…I can’t believe I stumbled across this thread. I just found megs and megs of zipped MoTS screenshots on an old machine of mine the other day. I was never really into the clan thing, so you guys probably don’t remember me. I was in RS + DoTS for a while, but I tended to switch names several time a night. (Kronos, Kalis, Methos, Kanwulf , and other Highlander derivatives) It was just easier to switch names and keep playing than to waste time trying to convince the noobs that you beat them fair and square. Anyway, in these screenshots I found, I think I saw just about everyone who’s posted or been mentioned here. Definitely the best gaming days of my life. Some of my favorite times were playing nf sabers with Starman, Kai, Eagle, and the other RS guys. And ff games with OJ, Ash, BabyDragon, Deciple, and the GQ boys. Oh, and I second that motion for a MoTS2.
Feel free to post some of those SS's here or at www.jkdf2.net we have a pictures archive over there and I could add those images to it


JKLE one of the last active JK and MotS clans out there jkle.jkdf2.net
Legends return one last time
JKLE_Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2008, 06:58 PM   #25
Kronos7
Lurker
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
Hi Cougar, I was checking out jkdf2.net and didn't see any link or forum thread for a picture archive, so I'll try to post a few screenshots here. If you're really interested, I could email them to you. I literally have hundreds of them. And I think I'm gonna install Mots and practice up in case you guys have another tournament. Dang, that was the best game ever! Later.








Kronos7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2008, 06:59 PM   #26
Kronos7
Lurker
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3
And a few more....







Kronos7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-27-2008, 10:46 PM   #27
JKLE_Cougar
Junior Member
 
JKLE_Cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 285
if you wanted to you could of posted them in the MotS section hehe thanks for posting these


JKLE one of the last active JK and MotS clans out there jkle.jkdf2.net
Legends return one last time
JKLE_Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #28
VaporZ
Lurker
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hainault, Essex
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by -COWB0Y-
i wonder what the whole GDS faction is up to, they came along later on in the mots timeline but some of them were alot of fun and pretty good.

Predator
Vaporz
Reaper

i used to log onto my old icq and see a few names pop up that still used icq, DIK_NiCoDeMuS, DIK_RAGE, GDS_Vaporz, JaG_Fleury, JaG_BuDMaN, JOTS_BigDee

havent logged on in a long time though.

I wonder what the zone MOTS community would have been like with things such as ventrilo or teamspeak.

i can still remember the first zone ban i got.. lol. i was in _2Cool_ at the time and +Deal4U whipped an ip ban on me.. which didnt do much at the time cause hardly anyone had static ips.
Lol, guess whos back

Was talking with some mates at work about games, and thought about Mots, did a search in google and found this thread!!

Hows it going CB, it's been quite a few years mate!! GDS are still around kinda, Venom, Predator (my bro), Maddog, Pik, Crow, Meat all still play games, Buffness and Reaper dabble with the Xbox 360, also Buffness plays the occasional game of Unreal (I think). After Mots most of those guys started playing RTCW, then Call of Duty... I on the other hand couldn't be bothered so just used to come online and chat. But the past few years we've been playing WOW, had a pretty good guild of players called 'Dark Omen', finished most of the end game instances etc, up to Burning Crusade. Some still play that but I just don't have the time for it anymore, very time consuming game as I'm sure you know.

This game was all I played from late 98 to around 2000, got some great memories. I have to say Weapon 8 Gantry with CB, Amer and Reaper... Omg I don't think I have laughed so hard in my life. Being blown so far off the Gantry that I actually hit the outta walls of the entire map LMFAO. I don't think there was 1 occassion where I finished with a positive score lol. I almost ripped my stomach lining from laughing so hard during those games, i'd reinstall Mots just to play that again!!

Would be funny if a few peeps hooked up and played a few old Mots games, I must admit I installed it on my PC a year or so back for a laugh, and it ran stupidly fast, almost to the point of it not being playable. Plus I was awful lol.

If anyone wants to chat, then you can always add me on MSN: Please send a PM to get the email/MSN handle--posting those on the forum encourages spambots. Thanks, Jae

I'll check this thread again in a few weeks and see if anyone has replied, cya for now.


P.S - AMER, who was Rizzo really LOL?


VapZ

Last edited by VaporZ; 04-18-2008 at 12:46 PM.
VaporZ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2008, 07:32 AM   #29
COWB0Y
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Iowa
Posts: 17
wow hey vapz, great to see you have some fun memories of the zone.

i dont use msn but im gona start so if you read this pm me your msn info on this forum and ill try to contact you soon as i get the info.


COWB0Y is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #30
XteNT
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5
Nugga Nooch!
XteNT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #31
XteNT
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5
Totally agree to those zone days being the best gaming I've ever had since. Nothing really compared besides Tribes.
XteNT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #32
lucifer2cent
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1
hi guys
i loved this game and made some good friends on the zone playing it, i remember alot of those clans and some of the names mentioned, will call out a few names to..

GI_Kai
SEAR_Everglare
MoonRoach_NBK
IceQueen_NBK
DIK_ENDER
Newsun
Master_Bee_
JoF_WorF
nEw_Bar_Tender
nEw_Fiend
Wicket_NBK

and many more. last where abouts known ..Ender..I came across on some ut2004 servers..played it with him abit...think his name was relitive..or something...cant remember..icequeen..went to some big name clans in jk...JCS..IRN..DE..KHS...newsun the same i think...JaG or DSbr..this was still a good..6 or more years ago..not seen them since..everglare..havnt seen in a long time... i miss playing saber games with kai and eagle..everglare, icequeen..hal...bartender..halifast..shin..winter and the rest of the gang.
lucifer2cent is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-02-2008, 08:26 AM   #33
Suffocation
Lurker
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1
Holy ****in ****. Great memories from the golden age of online gaming. Good to see you guys here again. Mots was a great time, and the comedy was endless. Nothing else afterwards compared to the Mots community.
-Suffocation_NBK
Suffocation is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-10-2008, 08:34 PM   #34
GQ_Sirbob
 
GQ_Sirbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffocation View Post
Holy ****in ****. Great memories from the golden age of online gaming. Good to see you guys here again. Mots was a great time, and the comedy was endless. Nothing else afterwards compared to the Mots community.
-Suffocation_NBK
Suffo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gimmy my dollar back!

lol


im gonna KILL YOUR HEAD!
GQ_Sirbob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2008, 07:11 AM   #35
exonimus
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 52
guys, sorry to hijack this thread but, since you're all MOTS experts:

The MOTS mod for JKA is starting (again) soon. Could I ask a few of you for some detailed info and testing on the maps, etc. when they're done? I'm sure you all must've played through the game lots of times :P
exonimus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #36
GQ_Sirbob
 
GQ_Sirbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by exonimus View Post
guys, sorry to hijack this thread but, since you're all MOTS experts:

The MOTS mod for JKA is starting (again) soon. Could I ask a few of you for some detailed info and testing on the maps, etc. when they're done? I'm sure you all must've played through the game lots of times :P
What is JKA?
I am willing to help out with the great game play we once had..

Cargo was #1 then spaceport was #2 i think those are the first 2 maps needed.


im gonna KILL YOUR HEAD!
GQ_Sirbob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2008, 12:58 AM   #37
exonimus
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 52
Jedi knight:Jedi academy?

There was DFII, Jedi Knight, then Jedi Knight: MotS,then JKII:Jedi outcast, then Jedi knight:Jedi academy.

And the first MotS level was new republic base on altyr 5.
exonimus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2008, 10:10 AM   #38
GQ_Sirbob
 
GQ_Sirbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by exonimus View Post
Jedi knight:Jedi academy?

There was DFII, Jedi Knight, then Jedi Knight: MotS,then JKII:Jedi outcast, then Jedi knight:Jedi academy.

And the first MotS level was new republic base on altyr 5.
I was talking about the maps that were played the most.


im gonna KILL YOUR HEAD!
GQ_Sirbob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2008, 04:31 PM   #39
exonimus
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 52
Sorry, didn't understand that from your first post.
We're planning to move ahead in a linear way, so starting with level 1 and moving onwards.
exonimus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #40
DIK_PUNISHER
Lurker
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2
OMGWTFHAX... Just found this place with a random Google search. I can't believe how many of the all time greatest MotS players/personalities have posted on this thread.

After retiring from MotS I bounced around to a lot of different games. I tried playing Jedi Outcast but the game was a huge step down from the original Jedi Knight games. I quit when they patched the game to limit the ammo on each map(ghey). However, while playing Jedi Outcast I did run into some old school MotS players like exaltedone_435, JOTS_BigDee, and GDS_VaporZ.

I played EverQuest with Cowb0y and Confed for a time. Addicting game but the lack of pvp and lame end game raiding just wasn't for me.

I played Counter-Strike with KyA_Master and KyA_Ranger. And I used to randomly run into DIK_KENDO on a number of occasions on some of the local Counter-Strike servers. Also a couple of years ago I saw DIK_WAGNER playing Team Fortress Classic Dustbowl a few times. Small world...

When Star Wars Galaxies came out KYA_Master, KyA_Ranger, YoungGun_NBK, Sticky_NBK, and myself started our own guild called "Dark Forces" and we were the top Imperial guild on our server. The game sucked so bad it didn't last long but we did have a lot of fun raping the rebels at Anchorhead with our AT-STs AHAHAH.

KyA_Master and KyA_Ranger are still attached at the hip and playing World of Warcraft. They are the leaders of the best Horde guild on the Dark Iron server called Prophecy. Last I heard they were getting married as soon as California repeals Prop 8. *cough*

Master_Bee_ still practices running Spaceport alone in his mother's basement for 8 hours each day in the hopes that MotS will make a comeback and he can finally score a kill against AMERICANO.

As for myself, I no longer play any games. Im active duty Air Force and almost a full-time college student stationed in Las Vegas. I did love WoW while I played but I just don't have the time anymore. I am presently pursuing a pilot slot in the USAF. All of that multi-tasking and hand-eye coordination really paid off when I took the pilot aptitude tests.. damn near max score without ever flying a plane LoL. I will find out next year whether or not I'll be accepted.

Great to see all of you are still out there. MotS was truly the best online gaming experience/community I have ever been apart of. If anyone manages to get some of the old timers back together for some games I will load it up in a heartbeat. If anyone wants to chat shoot me a PM for contact info. Later.
DIK_PUNISHER is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > MotS Player Call out! the class of 1998-2000

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.