lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: My Copy of Jedi Knight II doesn't have multiplayer.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-01-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
Zuon
Lurker

My Copy of Jedi Knight II doesn't have multiplayer.

I just bought the game along with 4 others in the "Star Wars: Best Of PC" game bundle. I started playing the game in Single Player and having fun (I played the game before 3 years ago at a friend's house.) I didn't know there was a multiplayer mode until I read it off the internet. So I started the game, looked around, and found that there was no multiplayer option. So, I searched on google and downloaded the 1.04 patch (I think it updates the game, not sure,) but I cant find out how to install it. I save it to my desktop and it says it can't find an installed copy of the game. I save it in the game's main folder and it says I don't have permission to save it there.

I have Windows Vista if that has anything to do with it. Please help. I can't find anything about this in the FAQ.
Zuon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2007, 12:32 PM   #2
oldskwl
Lurker

im sure theres a vista problem with jk2 do a little forum searching, i may have seen it on these forums some where
oldskwl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2007, 08:43 PM   #3
Samuel Dravis

The multiplayer option is a seperate program, you have to start that one in order to get to the multiplayer screen. From the launcher select the multiplayer option, or from your installation folder just run the jk2mp.exe file. There should be several 1.02 servers available (at least there was last time I checked).

However given that you bought the game recently it's probably patched all the way up already - if it says 1.03 on the singleplayer version, it is fully patched (1.04 is for the MP version).

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2007, 09:04 PM   #4
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuon
and found that there was no multiplayer option.
Lucky you.
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2007, 04:41 AM   #5
Johnpp

JK2's MP was better then JKA's, though. Gotta hand it that.

Opera user.
IE hater.
JKA player.
DooM player.
Quake 2 player.
Real life player.
Johnpp is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > My Copy of Jedi Knight II doesn't have multiplayer.