lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Main character of KOTOR 3?
Jedi Exile 7 6.42%
Revan 36 33.03%
Somebody else (explain?) 66 60.55%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Main character?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
ame
Lurker

Main character?

Who do you want to be the main main character of KOTOR 3? Like, the one you're playing for most of the time even if there happen to be two or more who get to be in control a lot. Personally I'm rooting for the Exile to make a return as the main character. Seems like KOTOR 2 was setting us up for that.
ame is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
Fredi
El Guapo

I think a Sith lord should be the next character .. or a redeem Sith lord that helps Revan in the outer Rim. I just hope is nether the Exile or Revan ... we need a new character.

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
Jediphile
Persona non grata

New character. A padawan learner about to be become a jedi knight. You can't be Revan or exile again, because that would mean the character lost their force powers and had to begin over AGAIN!! And frankly, they were stretching that formula even in TSL. So it has to be someone who really does not have hordes of experience that he or she conveniently forgot all about.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 02:46 PM   #4
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Son/Daughter of Revan/Exile.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 04:01 PM   #5
Jediphile
Persona non grata

^^

If the main character is to be human and son or daughter of anyone, then it should be the offspring of Saul Karath, I think. Heck, the offspring of anyone but Revan, Bastila, and/or exile. ANYTHING but that! That would have a rather nausea-factor on my scale, I fear...

Old 06-03-2007, 04:13 PM   #6
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Revan or Exile. I'd prefer the new game to be tied as closely as possible to the old characters, and frankly having another all-powerful Force-user who could defeat the true Sith would be kind of tacky. IMO we don't need another hero who comes out of nowhere to save the galaxy. Leave it to the characters who are already deeply tied into the plot.

I don't think they'd have to start out at level 1 again, though. NWN's HotU had your character start at level 18 (or higher, depending on how many you gained in SoU). The gameplay was actually quite balanced, since it started you off against rakshasa and experienced drow soldiers rather than kobolds or goblins. With how powerful the true Sith are supposed to be, I think they could be a challenge for a 20th level Revan or Exile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 04:21 PM   #7
Hipmonlee
Rookie

Uh, I'd just like to play as a new character. Even though you may find it a bit repetitive for a new hero to rise from level 1 and beat the sith, I find it way more appealing than beginning at level 20, while having all force powers / saber forms / whatever, as it takes out the progressive element from the game, which is, imo, the most enoyable feature of the KOTOR series. A character with a background similar to Mical's would fit nicely, I think.
Hipmonlee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 08:05 PM   #8
JediWookShaco
Lurker

Revan and The Exile are already established characters nothing to work with as development goes
JediWookShaco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 08:58 PM   #9
Divide&Conquer

Some one new could add more excitement to an already incredible series.
Divide&Conquer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 09:06 PM   #10
ame
Lurker

It's mostly just wishful thinking, with the Exile. And you still have a long way to go, assuming level 20, with a 50 cap like in TSL. Where you're going doesn't seem like a place to find many friends, so it'd probably be the Exile alone until Revan comes along or the droids and Bao-Dur (guessing games!) catch up with you. Revan seems more like a "guest" character, though, who just does his own thing and joins up with you every once in a while when it suits him.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:02 PM   #11
Mandalore501
Rookie

I think it should be a new character that has no affliation with Jedi or Sith at all,untill a little bit later like after 1 or 2 planets then the character decides.
Mandalore501 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #12
JediWookShaco
Lurker

i say it needs to be a new character- affiliations are unknown but the path is for the choosing, you can either join the Jedi, recruited by the Sith or even stay nuetral however the mentoring figure will be hard
JediWookShaco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2007, 11:03 PM   #13
EricJLeach
Banned

jedi exile would be ok, but a sith would be cool to.
EricJLeach is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2007, 01:05 AM   #14
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

I've already established who my Revan and Exile are, so I don't need to again. A new character is really the only logical choice, IMHO.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2007, 01:58 AM   #15
Clone L68362
Forumite

A new character is the only one that would really work, but I'm still holding out for Revan joining your party at some point later in the game.

My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2007, 06:32 AM   #16
Vaelastraz
Veteran

New character. Revan and the Exile are far too powerful. Playing powerful characters from the beginning is a no-no in Rpgs.

Besides, how on earth are common side quests supposed to be challenging if you're Revan/Exile? Are the mercenaries and soldiers in Kotor III now uber powerful too?
Vaelastraz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2007, 10:05 AM   #17
Darth SINner
Rookie

i like the idea of a new charactor. I would want Revan and the exile to join the party later in the game.
Darth SINner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2007, 11:10 AM   #18
AJL

I say new character and preferably apprentice or maybe better yet a
slave of the games big, bad, powerfull sith lord boss...
AJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2007, 11:17 AM   #19
Quanon

Forum Veteran Veteran Modder Helpful! 
^ As with most others I would prefer a brand new character : ofcourse I wouldn't mind bumping into Revan and the Exile and his crew .

I would even prefer the character to be none-force sensative . Something more like Han Solo or a type of Bounty Hunter

Place enough in your party for Jedi and or Sith .

TIQUILAAAAAAAA
Quanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2007, 05:37 PM   #20
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Revan or Exile. I'd prefer the new game to be tied as closely as possible to the old characters, and frankly having another all-powerful Force-user who could defeat the true Sith would be kind of tacky. IMO we don't need another hero who comes out of nowhere to save the galaxy. Leave it to the characters who are already deeply tied into the plot.

I don't think they'd have to start out at level 1 again, though. NWN's HotU had your character start at level 18 (or higher, depending on how many you gained in SoU). The gameplay was actually quite balanced, since it started you off against rakshasa and experienced drow soldiers rather than kobolds or goblins. With how powerful the true Sith are supposed to be, I think they could be a challenge for a 20th level Revan or Exile.
[Offtopic]

Actually the pre-generated characters in HotU were 15th level. If you imported a character from SoU or the OC the level would not matter.

[/Offtopic]

Actually I agree with you on having yet a third powerful Jedi coming out of no where to save the galaxy. One of the nice things about the Dark Force - Jedi knight Series was the use one character for most of the games. However it is a lot easier to get away with this in a FPS then in a PRG.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2007, 10:19 PM   #21
Fredi
El Guapo

Hmmm how about if you are the apprentice of the Exila/Revan and you help him fight the Sith......

"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."
Fredi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2007, 02:53 AM   #22
Corinthian
Banned

Logically, if they're in the game, they'll have to be your main character. Otherwise, you're creating two or three characters at startup, and that would sort of damage the plot twists as you knew you'd eventually find Revan and The Exile, unless they put Revan back in his old outfit, which is unlikely.

I'd like KotoR 3's protagonist to be a completely new Jedi, not someone who's previously been a Jedi and is just relearning how to do the old dance. Have it open around your Knight trials or something like that.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2007, 03:00 AM   #23
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
Logically, if they're in the game, they'll have to be your main character. Otherwise, you're creating two or three characters at startup, and that would sort of damage the plot twists as you knew you'd eventually find Revan and The Exile, unless they put Revan back in his old outfit, which is unlikely.
There would be no reason to have to create Revan and the Exile. In TSL, you could pick Revan's gender and alignment through dialogue, so why not have the same here except with the Exile as well? As far as messing up what your characters from the previous games looked like, it would be pretty simple. Just have Revan be back in his old robes, and the Exile have his own set of robes along with a mask.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:05 AM   #24
Corinthian
Banned

Weasel, you were able to do it that simply because Revan never made an appearance in the flesh, the few times he actually showed up he was decked out in his robes. If he becomes a party member in the next game, you're going to be able to remove those clothes, unless he gets the Vader Treatment and can't take them off.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2007, 04:02 AM   #25
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
Weasel, you were able to do it that simply because Revan never made an appearance in the flesh, the few times he actually showed up he was decked out in his robes. If he becomes a party member in the next game, you're going to be able to remove those clothes, unless he gets the Vader Treatment and can't take them off.
But who's to say that they join the party? Revan and the Exile are practically invaluable to some extent in the plot, so they must be in the game. Should they be the main characters, letting you switch between them, or party members? No to both. Each of us has established who and what our Revans and Exiles are, and they would be far too powerful, especially if they were used as the main character. I mean, what other excuse can Obsidian (or whoever develops K3) come up with to say that one or both of them has "lost" their powers again?

So I still say the best and most logical option is to have them in the game, and have them as very valuable members of the plot with plenty of screen time. Heck, even give them both a voice for each of their possible appearances (female or male). And as I said, an easy way to give the fan's some satisfaction at not having their Revan or Exile's appearance completely changed is to have each of them be wearing a full set of robes and a mask.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:12 AM   #26
Marauder's Fury
Rookie

Put them in sarchopagi. Better yet, let them lie down on the floor as rotten corpses. We won't have to worry about how they looked like if they're rotten enough.
Marauder's Fury is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2007, 08:01 AM   #27
Jediphile
Persona non grata

I'd take Revan and exile as party members, though only very late in the game. They'd both have masks, which are unremovable. Hey, it worked for Mandalore...

Old 06-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #28
ame
Lurker

Possibly have their appearances deported from your most-played KOTOR 1 and 2 files. I'd definitely like to see my old Exile as an NPC if not the main PC, and I don't see any reason for an LS (canon) Revan to put the mask and robes back on. Unless they have some kind of other significance to him.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:09 PM   #29
GarfieldJL
Banned

I'd have to say no to playing Revan or the Exile. I'd go for seeing Atton Rand, Bao-dur, HK-47, and T3-M4 again.

In order to pull off a KotOR 3 that is close enough in time to TSL so TSL is relevant would make it so the true Jedi (ie the exile party members) would have to play a role. Remember there aren't many Jedi left by the time TSL is finished.

Atris has fallen, Master Vandar is presumed dead, Master Vrook is dead, Master Kavar is dead. Well one gets the idea.

I'd like to see the PC be one of the new Jedi trainees.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #30
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
I'd take Revan and exile as party members, though only very late in the game. They'd both have masks, which are unremovable. Hey, it worked for Mandalore...

The problem with this idea is that they would need Voice Actors. Which would ruin the characters for most people. Plus I don't see the makers of K3 spending money on 4 VA for two characters.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2007, 12:57 PM   #31
GarfieldJL
Banned

Actually, Revan had voice Actors in KotOR 1 if you listen closely. Just they'd need voice actors for the Exile.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:04 PM   #32
ame
Lurker

When did Revan talk? All I remember is both of them (Revan and Exile) doing the battle grunts and noises, and those would need VA's (obviously).
Old 06-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #33
GarfieldJL
Banned

Whenever you laid mines or switched to Revan from another character there would be a small one liner where you hear Revan speak.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #34
Marauder's Fury
Rookie

And when Revan lands a critical hit. Don't forget critical hits.
Marauder's Fury is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2007, 01:57 PM   #35
Jediphile
Persona non grata

I can see it now... "After being killed three times and reloading, Revan heroically killed Malak"

Old 06-05-2007, 06:37 PM   #36
ame
Lurker

"All of Malak's Dark side might could not stand up to Revan's infinity+3-damage lightsaber mod and immunity-enchanted Darth Revan armor and mask!"
Old 06-10-2007, 09:59 AM   #37
Alessa
Lurker

A Sithari main character would be different as any mention on them previously has been vague to say the least. Meeting up with Revan and the Exile on the Sithari planet (as thats where I assume them to be) where they should stay for the 'last battle'. The PC gets the Ebon Hawk and possibly T3 and proceeds to carryout objectives galaxy-wide.
Alessa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2007, 09:53 AM   #38
zaykodroid
Rookie

i want Exar Kun. If chronology doesnt fit then some guy coming from his family.
zaykodroid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #39
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
New character all the way.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2007, 07:28 PM   #40
Sith_Reven
Rookie

Well I want Revan back. I think Revan should be the sith'ari. Talking to Yuthura and her revealing the legend of the sith'ari made me assume where the story was going to go(the first time I played). Revan is not lightside or darkside. And the sith'ari is supposed to destroy the sith and remake them. This is just where I think the story should go. Exile should also be part of the party. Fully customizable of course.

Savior, conquerer, Hero, Villian... You are all things Revan, and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the darkness nor the light. You will forever stand alone.
-Malak
Sith_Reven is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Main character?