lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Main character of KOTOR 3?
Jedi Exile 7 6.42%
Revan 36 33.03%
Somebody else (explain?) 66 60.55%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Main character?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-12-2007, 07:24 AM   #41
vader815
Rookie

based on how the first two games were designed, the main character would have to have gone through some event that would caused him/her to lose his/her memory. or at least the character should know just as much about what is going on as the player. it wouldn't make sense that we would have to play as either the exile or revan again unless the corny idea of revan losing his memory by the jedi council is used again.

"Do what must be done, do not hasitate, show no mercy!" ~ Darth Sidious

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me." ~ Sith Code
vader815 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2007, 09:16 AM   #42
Beast-Thrasher
Rookie

I would rather play a new character than Revan and the Exile, someone who knows what's gone on in the galaxy but has had no direct part, As for worrying about what and the Exile looked like there could be a menu screen and you could pick there gender and face out. Both characters are(Rev and the E) are important characters and I feel even though it may ruin the experience for some they should get voice dialogue, they can't just have one liners, or they can't simply appear and say nothing just let their presence do the talking, although it definatly would do some. Revan already has a VA so yes, all they need is one for the Exile.
Beast-Thrasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-12-2007, 03:14 PM   #43
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Actually you can leave Exile masked and silent. Just have someone else speaks for her.

You have Exile's presence, and then one of them lackies speaking for her. It would look cool also.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2007, 01:37 PM   #44
Beast-Thrasher
Rookie

So when the Exile is giving orders or talking to Revan or part of the group she travelled with such as Bao-Dur, Atton, Mical etc. She'll let one of her lackies speak for her instead. With my Exile she liked the Disciple so when or if they each other that would be a little odd if the Exile was speaking to her lackey while the Exile would be right infront of him, if the Exile and my main character where in the same room I would want some words spoken between them instead of having a third party speak to me about what the Exile says while the Exile in the same room. Plus throughout the game and the dialogue options, I get the sense that the Exile is very outspoken so I don't think she would have a lackey speaking for her when in the past she herself has spoken her own opinion to others through her own mouth not through someone elses.
Beast-Thrasher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2007, 01:44 PM   #45
Mindtwistah

I don't want it to be Revan or the exile. I want it to be someone new. I guess many thought that Revan would be the main character in TSL but instead "someone called" the exile showed up. That is what I want with K3; a new character that has done something legendary/is special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Reven
Well I want Revan back. I think Revan should be the sith'ari. Talking to Yuthura and her revealing the legend of the sith'ari made me assume where the story was going to go(the first time I played). Revan is not lightside or darkside. And the sith'ari is supposed to destroy the sith and remake them. This is just where I think the story should go. Exile should also be part of the party. Fully customizable of course.
In "Darth Bane: Path of Destruction" it was revealed that the sith'ari had not yet come. They thought that the Sith'ari would be Darth Bane. So that means that the whole time, between K1 and Path of Destruction, the sith were waitng for their 'ari. And that is why it is somewhat impossible that Revan would be the Sith'ari.

Mindtwistah is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2007, 01:53 PM   #46
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Perhaps the Sith'ari had come and they failed to recognize him/her? Or perhaps the Sith'ari is like a pipedream/ideal that will never materialize.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2007, 01:59 PM   #47
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Or there can be multiple prefect Sith'ra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2007, 02:00 PM   #48
John Galt

I think the logical way to go for the main character is to introduce a new main character, perhaps a recently-initiated Jedi Knight or a rogue True Sith Apprentice?

I would definitely like to have Revan and the Exile back in the party at some point, but(as i've said before) I'd definitely like to see a larger party implemented, perhaps with three seperate parties led by Revan, the Exile, and the new character at various points in the plot.

Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein. -Friedrich Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Böse
John Galt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #49
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
I think the logical way to go for the main character is to introduce a new main character, perhaps a recently-initiated Jedi Knight or a rogue True Sith Apprentice?

I would definitely like to have Revan and the Exile back in the party at some point, but(as i've said before) I'd definitely like to see a larger party implemented, perhaps with three seperate parties led by Revan, the Exile, and the new character at various points in the plot.
Well.....I've no problem with the idea of an npc crew member occasionally taking point during the game. Gives you a chance to flesh out "secondary" characters.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #50
AJL

Oh yeah... The Sith'ari DID try to get to the Sith Academy on Korriban...
But they didn't recognize him... And then Revan came along and told him
to go and jump to the chasm to prove him self... And he was never heard
of since...
AJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2007, 02:15 PM   #51
Hann_Starr
Rookie

Give me a new character, preferably one that has is strong in the force and has just completed the trials.

First there was darkness...then came the strangers
Hann_Starr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2007, 02:21 PM   #52
Talwin
Lurker

Re-leveling already existing characters is no big deal, in TSL both droids and Canderous had to be re-leveled, it could be done again in K3, if that's ever made.

They still have to answer the question of what it was out in the unknown regios that Revan was so concerned about. Was it the "true Sith", was it Yuuzhan Vong, or was it something else entirely.
Talwin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #53
John Galt

Well, unless Kreia was lying, the True Sith are waiting in the unknown regions. I'd be quite dissapointed if that didn't get addressed in K3. I think it is unlikely that K3 will be about the Vong, unless everything Kreia said about the "true sith" was a lie. I mean, Canderous didn't know what the Vong scout was, and he clearly mentioned that "The Sith" had put pressure on the Mandos to attack the Republic. Since Revan's Sith Empire didn't exist yet, this line is most likely referring to the true sith. Logically, since Canderous knew about the "sith," and the (presumably) Yuuzhan Vong scout completely took him by surprise, we might be able to eliminate the Vong as a candidate for being the True Sith.

I'd kinda enjoy having the Main Character in K3 being a "True Sith" apprentice of some sort, who chooses to break away from the Empire and help Revan fight against it. Just an idea.

Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein. -Friedrich Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Böse
Old 06-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #54
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
I'd like the main character to be a former Sith, just as the Jedi Exile was a former Jedi. In much the same way, s/he has forsaken the Force and starts out completely neutral, but gains his/her first Force powers within the first level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #55
Son of Skywalker15
Rookie

I agree with the new character advocates. I'd like to see someone apart of the new Jedi Order and becoming a Knight. He gains a mentor master ( Bastila/Kreia), and through his training he meets people. When he/she is ordained a Knight, the story really begins. I'd say a bit like Fable....

Founder & PR of EUCantina.net -- All Expanded Universe, all the time
Son of Skywalker15 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2007, 08:13 PM   #56
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

I'm not so sure if being a former True Sith would work, at least for me anyway. I've always imagined the True Sith being of the ancient Sith species, and of course that wouldn't be the smartest path to take. Seeing a person from the thought-to-be-extinct Sith species walking around the street would be a little obvious.

Now maybe if the True Sith had, years before, gone looking for new students, they could've found this person (you) who was naturally strong in the Force (again, a good explanation for this would be needed, and I don't mean "you were a former Sith Lord/Jedi Master who's forgotten everything he learned"), and taken him in. This would somewhat explain why your character would be powerful in the Force at the beginning of the game without having to do the whole cliched "start out as a Jedi who doesn't know he's really powerful" story.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #57
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Um, I never said a former True Sith, Chief. A former Sith under Darth Nihilus is what I meant.

God, everyone's gone "True Sith-crazy" to the point where when someone says the word "Sith," they're like, "What? What about the True Sith?" "Um, no. I just said 'Sith.'" "Oh, okay. Damn!"

EDIT: Unless you weren't talking to me. If so, my bad.

Quote:
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Old 06-18-2007, 08:35 PM   #58
MacTavish

New Character,

Someone who has to travel all over the galaxy to gather forces for an army. But you start of as a jedi like in TSL and then gain a new prestige later.

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2007, 08:36 PM   #59
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram
EDIT: Unless you weren't talking to me. If so, my bad.
I was talking to John Galt when he said -

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
I'd kinda enjoy having the Main Character in K3 being a "True Sith" apprentice of some sort, who chooses to break away from the Empire and help Revan fight against it. Just an idea.
I guess I should've quoted him in my original post, just to make sure there was no misunderstanding.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:48 PM   #60
True_Avery
Banned

I would like to play as Revan again, but I doubt it will happen.

As has been said before, a redeemed Sith would be neat but in all honesty that is exactly what Revan was. Someone who lost connection and getting it back would be Exile. All I can really think of is someone who is actually learning the Force for the first time, a smuggler or civilian maybe. Maybe someone who lost family to Revan and wants revenge.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2007, 09:07 PM   #61
John Galt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sparrow
Seeing a person from the thought-to-be-extinct Sith species walking around the street would be a little obvious.
It might be obvious on a Republic world. However, if most of the game takes place in the Unknown Regions, within the boundaries of the True Sith Empire(assuming these True Sith are indeed the Sith Species), a bunch of Humans, Wookiees, and Twi'leks walking around the street might suddenly seem a little obvious.

If the next game is indeed going to feature a war against the True Sith menace, it'd either have to have a large amount of wholesale slaughter(which would get boring and repetitive in an RPG), or a prodigious amount of sneaking about, pretending to be someone else, in order to avoid attracting attention to yourself. Of course, some Sith might eventually come to suspect something if your ENTIRE PARTY goes around masked and robed, so naturally the party would need something to prevent that situation from coming about-- like a member of the sith species to act as a figurehead leader, at least in public. Naturally that character doesn't HAVE to be the main character, but I think it'd be an interresting change to be considered a "traitor" from an "evil species."

just a thought.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:18 PM   #62
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
As has been said before, a redeemed Sith would be neat but in all honesty that is exactly what Revan was.
Well, Revan was sort of different in that we initially did not know his true past, as he didn't know of it himself. He didn't leave the Sith on his own, but rather his mind was more or less destroyed and reconstructed from scratch.

Though I didn't actually say I desired a character who was a redeemed Sith, but rather one who simply gave it up, just as the Jedi Exile gave up her life as a Jedi. We start off knowing that we are a Sith, just as we started off knowing that we were a Jedi in KOTOR 2, and that we have since abandoned that way of life and have been living a life of neutrality. However, this is soon broken when we are forced to take up the lightsaber and learn the ways of the Force once again, for good or for ill being left to the player's desired path. Sort of just like the Exile, but coming from the opposite school of the Force.

Quote:
Old 06-19-2007, 01:49 AM   #63
Corinthian
Banned

I say just a newly ordained Jedi Knight or maybe just a Padawan. Your master gets plugged or something to get him/her out of the way, and then you get sucked into the True Sith affair.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2007, 05:08 AM   #64
sekan

A new character whould make the story a lot easier to make and it would be strange if you played like Revan or the exile in kotor 3.

3 Things that must be in kotor 3
Ebon Hawk
HK-47
T3-M4

[size=1] My mods | My webiste
Are you trying to foooooool me?
sekan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2007, 06:25 AM   #65
Corinthian
Banned

Not to mention if you played Revan/Exile, you'd be starting in Epic Levels. Although that might be interesting. It would fit, considering how powerful the True Sith are supposed to be.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #66
Prime
Super Dimension Fortress

Current Game: Skyrim
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
considering how powerful the True Sith are supposed to be.
Based on what?

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2007, 10:07 AM   #67
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
Based on what?
Based on the fact that if Revan caused a destructive conflict and destroyed the Republic space in order to combat some weaklings...well, Revan would appear to be stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2007, 10:39 AM   #68
Darth InSidious
A handful of dust.

Current Game: KotOR II
Revan. A new character creates as many problems as an old one from a technical point, and from a saga-level view pushes suspension of disbelief into the level of just being silly.

I have to agree with True_Avery, ED et al.

Works-In-Progress
~
Mods Released
~
Quid existis in desertum videre?
Darth InSidious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2007, 11:51 AM   #69
JK24
Rookie

Smile

Well I'm new here and I personally think that despite all the problems a new main character creates, I definetely agree with the idea of having a new character...I'd personally prefer the new character be a Padawan to one of the NPC's from the previous 2 games, who's now a Jedi Master. although I wouldn't mind the idea of playing as Revan, I'd like him to make a cameo appearance...as for playing as The Exile, I don't really know why but I just wouldn't like to play as him/her...Exile should make a cameo appearance as well.
JK24 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2007, 12:43 PM   #70
Corinthian
Banned

Genre conventions, Prime. The first chapter of KotoR had us facing the most powerful war machine before the Imperial Fleet, the second chapter had us facing three Sith Lords that had all but destroyed the Jedi Knights, it'd be sort of anticlimactic to have us go face some cabal of Wannabe Sith huddling on some planet on the backside of nowhere.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #71
Christos K
Forumite

I want to play as Revan again because I want to do all the things that are talked about in TSL. It could around the same time TSL started and go farther on. I dont want to have another ultimate charcater until we see whats happened to Revan. Or I have a knid of cool idea that I will post later.

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2007, 05:28 PM   #72
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
I want to play as Revan again because I want to do all the things that are talked about in TSL. It could around the same time TSL started and go farther on. I dont want to have another ultimate charcater until we see whats happened to Revan. Or I have a knid of cool idea that I will post later.
You don't want to have an ultimate character, yet you want to play as Revan? I'm not so sure that makes sense. Unless Revan has somehow forgotten how to use his power again, he'll be more powerful than a new character.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #73
Son of Skywalker15
Rookie

I don't want a game set during TSL because I really want a closure this saga; I'd like to know what happen to Revan and what he was doing, but reading that in a novel or comic would suffice for me because it could be set-in-stone. However, I'd love playing the end chapter of Revan,Bastila, Carth, the Exile, and "The Lost Jedi." ( And Others- Mission, Jolee,Juhani.)

Founder & PR of EUCantina.net -- All Expanded Universe, all the time
Son of Skywalker15 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2007, 06:10 PM   #74
Corinthian
Banned

Revan was around Level 20 at the Star Forge. So instead of going from 1-20, we go from 20-40 or so. As the True Sith are presumably a very powerful group, I really don't want to see some scrag Jedi Knight doing this as his first assignment.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:59 PM   #75
Masgrtgr
Rookie

I seriously doubt the True Sith are as powerful as people make them out to be since quite frankly If they were then why didn't they attack during the time when the Republic started to fall apart after K1?

Then again it's obvious Obsidian didn't think this through since the True Sith are probably nothing more than a plot device.
Masgrtgr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2007, 07:36 PM   #76
xmovingpicturesx
Rookie

Maybe it could be some sort of big Republic official who has come to terms with losing the wars previous and becomes a hermit on some distant planet until the Sith attack? Or maybe that's just a little idea for a story I have...

Christopher Michael Benoit (May 21, 1967 – June 25, 2007)
http://i9.tinypic.com/68bxqme.png
Eduardo Gory Guerrero Llanes (October 9, 1967 – November 13, 2005)

Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max for all combined images, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
xmovingpicturesx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2007, 09:19 PM   #77
Corinthian
Banned

That's simple. The True Sith didn't attack during the Jedi Civil War because of the immense strength of Revan/Malak's fleet. As for after that, well, it's conceivable their intelligence is a little dated.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:04 PM   #78
John Galt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masgrtgr
I seriously doubt the True Sith are as powerful as people make them out to be since quite frankly If they were then why didn't they attack during the time when the Republic started to fall apart after K1?

Then again it's obvious Obsidian didn't think this through since the True Sith are probably nothing more than a plot device.
According to Kreia, the True Sith had forgotten about Korriban and Malachor V, for a time. However, she claims they will soon remember.

And how do the true sith(as a concept) really even factor into the plot of TSL? They aren't even mentioned until you question Kreia right before the closing cutscene.

Also, I just played through the endgame of TSL a few minutes ago and a line struck me, something like: "Revan will need warriors, Jedi and Sith..." Almost gives hope to my "Redeemed True Sith Apprentice" idea for a K3 main character. Almost.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #79
aner21
Rookie

I think that a new character would better gamewise. It would even be better if your character WAS Force Sensitive but some sort of prophecy stated that if he/she used the Force horrible things would happen or whatever, and every time you used the Force through out the game, you would have to deal with it's consequences. So you'd have a great enemy (The True Sith for example) a great weapon or tool (The Force) and you would have to do things the hard way or you risk doing more evil than good.
aner21 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2007, 11:28 AM   #80
JediKnight707
Or I will choke you...

I'm too lazy to read other peoples responses, so I'll just say what I voted for:
Jedi Exile - I liked my character, and I think it'd be cool if you could transfer your save game type things. So, at least the game conforms to your general idea of what you want, more specific. I want some sort of recurring character.

JediKnight707 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > Main character?