lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What force powers are you looking forward to?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-04-2007, 03:46 PM   #1
Jamps

What force powers are you looking forward to?

Which of the announced and unannounced force powers are you looking forward to seeing in the game? It seems the game is focusing heavily on the force, so I would guess it is an important part of the gameplay.

I want to see some of my favorite powers from KOTOR, like Force wave and storm. (In one of the clips it looked like wave is in the game.) The lightening still looks kind of weak as compared to the other games in my opinion.
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

How does the lightning look weak? Especially combined with other powers, like the described power combo where you can lift enemies off the ground, blast them with lightning, and smash them through the ground. Not to mention how much more realistic the lightning looks in this game compared to others, like Jedi Knight.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2007, 05:16 PM   #3
CLONECOMMANDER501

What? The lightning looks real to me in JK.

CLONECOMMANDER501 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2007, 05:29 PM   #4
Jamps

I mean the amount of lightning isn't a lot compared to the other games, which usually have literal storms coming from the player's hands. I would like to see it look a bit thicker.
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2007, 08:03 PM   #5
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I wouldn't say the lightning looks weak. The game focuses around four main powers - Force push, grip, repulse and lightning. I think they all looked pretty badass in the previs.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2007, 08:05 PM   #6
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLONECOMMANDER501
Not in JA, it looked way better in JO, for sure...

The lightning kinda reminds me of what it looked like when I was using it with Kyle in JO to whoop some booty, so I like

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2007, 01:24 AM   #7
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I hope the Apprentice can learn light side powers, since I find they help out in certain situations. I would like Heal and Lightning to be in the game.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2007, 06:28 PM   #8
Gargoyle King
Veteran

I'd love force grip - like in the teaser trailer where you can manipulate the surroundings to throw objects at your opponents or your opponents into the objects (such as a TIE)
Gargoyle King is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-07-2007, 07:55 PM   #9
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsite
I hope the Apprentice can learn light side powers, since I find they help out in certain situations. I would like Heal and Lightning to be in the game.
Sorry, there won't be any powers aside from these four.

I would like the uses of Grip. Repulsion is cool, but not as grip since you don't have the same control on it.

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 02:34 AM   #10
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
With how advanced the physics now is, definitely Force-push. Should be fun to smash walls and send objects flying around rooms... (if they release the darn thing for PC, that is :P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-08-2007, 12:23 PM   #11
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, creative Use of Push/Pull would be fun. Other than that would be a nice sequence of Force Speed(bullet Time) and force acrobatics. I mean slowing time, running up a wall then drop down, force pushing on those stormies, crushing their bodies INTO the ground, then, drop down, force pull them towards you in a circle, spins your saber around for a crp de grace.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2007, 03:01 PM   #12
Roupe
Lurker

creative use of Jedi mind trick, (in battle & outside)
and yes the jedi telekinesis skills.
Roupe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2007, 03:11 PM   #13
MacTavish

In the trailer it was cool how you can use force grip on multiple enemies at once.

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2007, 05:45 PM   #14
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin93
In the trailer it was cool how you can use force grip on multiple enemies at once.
Or throw them into an incoming TIE!
Gargoyle King is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2007, 06:40 PM   #15
JawaJoey
Forumite

I hope that grip is implemented like it appeared in the pre-vis. ie you don't lift an individual object, you lift an area. Like when he picked up the stormtroopers and both of them, a gun, and some debris all lifted up. Or when he lifted a cluster of debris to destroy the TIE fighter, not just a single rock.

That's what I want grip to be like in the actual game.

I'm glad that the game focuses on telekineses and lightning, that's a lot cooler than cluttering it with things like heal and protect and mind trick. The powers we know about, aside from lightning, are all just telekineses, but I just realized that pull doesn't seem to be included.

About lightning, I much prefer how it's looking in TFU to JA. In JA, the two handed ridiculous onslaught of tiny bolts in a cone didn't look great, not how I think it should in SW. What I think it is supposed to be more like, and what the TFU appears to be doing, is have the lightning target something, and actually go specifically to that target(s) and electrocute them, instead of just firing off lightning into the distance and hoping it hits, like a gun.

God is a placebo with nasty side effects.
JawaJoey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2007, 12:01 AM   #16
Boss Nass

Which platform(s) is this game coming out for? PS3, I know...but is it also going to make it to PC and/or Xbox 360?

Wuh-buh-wuh-buh-wuh-buh...!!
Boss Nass is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2007, 02:04 AM   #17
Davinq
I wear a fez now

Current Game: Portal
PC, no. 360, yes.

Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-16-2007, 05:34 AM   #18
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roupe
creative use of Jedi mind trick, (in battle & outside)
and yes the jedi telekinesis skills.
Mind Trick would be hard to done right in a more action-based game.

All the fun and creative things I have seen so fare are all done in tabletop rpg.

So it would be more fun focusing in the more physical aspact of the force. Like telekinesis skills, body enhancement (bullettime) and invisibility.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:49 PM   #19
BanthaFodder01
Rookie

I doubt well see the light side powers, afterall your an apprentice of Vader. About the force powers:

Force push and Force pull are basically the same thing are they not? One is simply the opposite direction of the other. Also, isnt Wave just a more powerful and destructive form of force push/pull?

Lightning, I have to agree with JawaJoey. In the movies the lightning is focused on people and even Sidious didnt have huge storms. What I think would be cool is if you could do what Mace/Obi-wan, and Yoda did, absorbing the lightning with hands or lightsaber.

What I think could also be prtty nice, though perhaps not much of a force power but instead a move, is the ability to jump at someone and stab them, similar to what Yoda did in Episode III. It's also similar to KOTOR how you jump forward quickly instead of at an upward angle slowly. But its the stabbing motion whie you jump on the person that gets me :P
BanthaFodder01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-18-2007, 03:40 PM   #20
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, the only "Lightside" force power I can see that may exist in the game would be "force heal" on self, for gameplay purpose. Well obviously Drain Life would be 70979089 times better.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:12 PM   #21
Jedi MasterRoot
Rookie

I'm just lookin foreward to the game (and powers that come with it) itself. from the trailer and description it looks like the powers it gives you are enough. Know what I mean

"Size matters not-"-Yoda
"So your telling me that if a rancor comes after me, the fact that it's at least 20x's bigger than me dosen't mean a d***ed thing?"-some random, smart-mouthed aprentice before the clone wars
Jedi MasterRoot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #22
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, I am hoping that they would put my fav force power in(even if it is placed as some easter egg)... FORCE WEDGIE!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:06 AM   #23
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
Looking most forward to Force Push! Nothing beats people flying everywhere and crates crashing into them.

"Begone, foul demon spawn! PUSH!"

-"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2007, 09:23 AM   #24
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

There are Darkside Techniques I would Love to Be Allowed To Use, but probably will not be included in the game for obvious reasons, like the Blackfire thingy (electromagnetic torpedo by that darksider in Lando's Triology) or even the dread spear of midnight black.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:54 PM   #25
DarkInquisitor
Lurker

Force destruction baby. To just make objects explode would be awsome!
DarkInquisitor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2007, 10:45 AM   #26
LordSerion
Rookie

I would like the Force Storm the reborned Palpatine used against the Rebel fleet at Pinnacle Base. And the Spear of Midnight Black, too.
LordSerion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2007, 12:26 PM   #27
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Hmmm... I think little by little we are letting our Munchkin Side of The Force Creeps Out.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:01 PM   #28
Maphisto86
Rookie

Zapping people with Force Lightning is pretty sweet but I really don't have too much of a preference. Im glad they have the ones we are going to see and I REALLY like the idea that you can combine the powers to do all sorts of stuff. I am however holding out hope that, while you can use Force Grip, in the game that it also allows you to chokehold your enemies ala Darth Vader. I mean that's evil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoiuyWired
Hmmm... I think little by little we are letting our Munchkin Side of The Force Creeps Out.
Im geussing it's a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unaturally cutesy. *shudders* The Horror....
Maphisto86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2007, 04:59 PM   #29
Alexander the Great

Force crush. Instead of just lifting them up, actually crush their bones into their organs.

The lightning looks great, how it actually shapes over the objects it's destroying.

Is Force repulsion that thing where he jumps into the air and then spreads out his body sending a giant shockwave?

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

Alexander the Great is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2007, 07:13 PM   #30
MacTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayMusic
Force crush. Instead of just lifting them up, actually crush their bones into their organs.
That would probably make the game rated M.

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2007, 12:06 AM   #31
Alexander the Great

Nah, it was in KotOR 2. It's not like it shows their guts exploding everywhere, it justs constricts their entire body with great force. Basically Force grip except more powerful and with the whole body.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

Alexander the Great is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2007, 06:05 AM   #32
LordSerion
Rookie

Yeah, that's the Repulse, GrayMusic.
LordSerion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-10-2007, 11:17 AM   #33
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siralos
You just need to show the body of your target wiggling unnaturally defying healthy joint movements, then maybe a bit of bloow from the mouth, then drop dead on the floor like a puppet/ragdoll.

BTW, Force Crush is basically WinRAR with the force, without the ability to unrar. It kinda compresses your target. Not sue how far you can compress it, but pressing a humanoid into the size of a slightly bigger basketball would look spiffy. You may even be able to slam dunk it into your next taget for extra Cool Points.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:14 PM   #34
Weave

I'm going with Repulse...

Sending legions of stormtroopers flying around like little screaming rag-dolls?
I don't think it can get any more fun than that.

Dark Side and Light Side

Last edited by Weave; 08-11-2007 at 04:45 PM.
Weave is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #35
Jedi-Jack
Lurker

what about push? did you see the way in the trailer they were pushing them like nothing. i cant wait.

Jedi-Jack is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2007, 08:51 AM   #36
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
I want to see some of my favorite powers from KOTOR, like Force wave and storm. (In one of the clips it looked like wave is in the game.) The lightening still looks kind of weak as compared to the other games in my opinion.
Quote:
Not in JA, it looked way better in JO, for sure...
Quote:
The lightning kinda reminds me of what it looked like when I was using it with Kyle in JO to whoop some booty, so I like
Quote:
I wouldn't say the lightning looks weak. The game focuses around four main powers - Force push, grip, repulse and lightning. I think they all looked pretty badass in the previs.
Quote:
I mean the amount of lightning isn't a lot compared to the other games, which usually have literal storms coming from the player's hands. I would like to see it look a bit thicker.
Quote:
Quote:
How does the lightning look weak? Especially combined with other powers, like the described power combo where you can lift enemies off the ground, blast them with lightning, and smash them through the ground. Not to mention how much more realistic the lightning looks in this game compared to others, like Jedi Knight.
Actually, I'm pretty sure they mucked up the lightning in every single game. I can't remember a single occasion where the lightning didn't look phony, or didn't behave/move wrong, or didn't make it obvious that the creators had never looked at the lightning in the movies to compare so they get it right. All they did was look at the power's name and think "Ok! It shoots lightning!" and make some wacked out effect, like the nonsense from JK2 and JKA where the lightning just instantly appears at its destination rather than traveling there, or absoloute failure in the sounds department in Empire at War, where they just used standard electricity sounds.

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, God forbid we have actual violence of note in a Star Wars game rather than all this pansy cleché heroism bull****.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia

Last edited by TKA-001; 11-16-2007 at 08:55 AM. Reason: None of your freaking beezwax
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2007, 10:34 AM   #37
Boba Fett 1991
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
Yeah, God forbid we have actual violence of note in a Star Wars game rather than all this pansy cleché heroism bull****.
The last time star wars took a try at gore was Republic Commando, and that was pathetic.
Boba Fett 1991 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #38
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I wasn't asking for gore, and RC was over the top, not pathetic.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2007, 03:46 PM   #39
SidiousHead
Rookie

Thumbs up Eh?

Well, I like these powers here: Force Lightning, Force Push, and Force Storm. I dont know if they will make an appearance, but they might, so hey.

Cheif chirpa the ewok was in his enclave on endor munching on the bones of stormtrooper drones and ignoring their cries of surrender, as he put them through the blender.
SidiousHead is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-17-2007, 04:29 PM   #40
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Force Lightning and Force Storm are basically the same thing. I think the powers the game focuses on are lightning, push/pull, repulse, and grip.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Secret Apprentice's Logs > What force powers are you looking forward to?