lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Win Xp - Videos
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #1
The4thDuke
Lurker

Win Xp - Videos

Ok folks here I am...finally. As you can guess from thread's title I am having some issue with GF Videos. I will give some info in order to find a way to resolve the hardest enigma I've found in GF, lol:

- First off let me say I am Italian and so my GF edition is
- I have tried to install the famous XP patch, I can't install it (because I've got Italian version i guess)
- I have found an Italian Patch released by Clickteam (www.clickteam.com), it's currently installed.
- I have tried the new "Launcher", the Launcher works, the game doesnt. This is the error I get: Res.c(2075): (int)fh > 0 && (int)fh <= MAX_OPEN_FILES
- Actually I use an AMD Athlon 2600+ XP with an ATI RADEON 8500

This is the problem: When I run the game it works, but there's something wrong with each video. The videos are played very slowly making a echo effect, good only for getting a headache. (If you dont know what I am talking about I could try to record it with Fraps if it works).

I have read this problem somewhere else - and I apologize if I am asking help for a FAQ - but I've tried the patch and it didnt fix the problem. I also tried to copy and paste all GF videos into GF folder, they works (while there's no GF CD), but they are still played slowly with an odd echo.

I have no idea what's the problem, I think I could run GF quite well on XP before I formatted my HDD's (I can't remember, I've used both 98SE and XP at the same time). Also I was wondering if I should download such a video codec to play them, I've tried to google something but it didnt help me much.

Any help will be much appreciated. Any idea?
The4thDuke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2007, 11:35 AM   #2
Soa
Lurker

Got the same problem myself. So please, need help.
Soa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2007, 01:49 PM   #3
XxTombRaiderxX
Lurker

I think I've said it before, but I'll ask again..........are you using the game in compatibility mode??
XxTombRaiderxX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2007, 08:07 PM   #4
Du Man

and what exactly do you mean by GF videos? the games cutscenes or the actual game play?
Du Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Glottis' Garage > Win Xp - Videos