lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Haven't been here in A LONG TIME.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-28-2015, 06:03 PM   #1
Zanzibar

Haven't been here in A LONG TIME.

Some people have given me some private messages about getting some information about some of the files in TPM. Here's some basic info that gets asked a lot.

The .baf files are indeed the character files. They're proprietary files that use data created by the ModelX tool that Jedi Knight used, but packaged in a way that added some additional flags for sound playback etc. during animations. Previously the model and animations were stored separately for Jedi Knight but Big Ape packaged that stuff into a single file. The .Mat files are indeed materials.

The .b3d files are also totally proprietary geometry files for use within Obi.exe (our basic tool), they aren't Blitz files. They're unable to be edited without the Obi.exe tool.

...and now the bad news. A computer crash ten years or so ago totally wiped out my last data stockpile from TPM. I don't have anything anymore, although I did manage to find a few of the hi-res .baf files I created a while ago. I was really excited to see that you guys had a sticky link for them

I'm sorry that the original program isn't available. It was a pretty damn good system for creating games.

Let me know if there are other questions. It's always a blast to realize that the game really resonated with some fans.

And to be fair, I totally understand that it REALLY DIDN'T resonate with a lot of people.
Zanzibar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2015, 06:25 PM   #2
Alexrd

Current Game: Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D
Forum Veteran LF Jester 

Can it be...

Welcome back, Zanzibar.

Had so many questions over the years, but only one comes to mind right now: back then you were working on a better Qui-Gon model. Was it ever finished?

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2015, 09:15 PM   #3
Zanzibar

Nope, sorry I remember working on both a Panaka upgrade and a Qui-Gon upgrade, I took a break and then the computer HDD ate itself.
Zanzibar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > Episode I: The Phantom Menace > Haven't been here in A LONG TIME.