Ok folks here I am...finally. As you can guess from thread's title I am having some issue with GF Videos. I will give some info in order to find a way to resolve the hardest enigma I've found in GF, lol:
- First off let me say I am Italian and so my GF edition is
- I have tried to install the famous XP patch, I can't install it (because I've got Italian version i guess)
- I have found an Italian Patch released by Clickteam (www.clickteam.com
), it's currently installed.
- I have tried the new "Launcher", the Launcher works, the game doesnt. This is the error I get: Res.c(2075): (int)fh > 0 && (int)fh <= MAX_OPEN_FILES
- Actually I use an AMD Athlon 2600+ XP with an ATI RADEON 8500
This is the problem: When I run the game it works, but there's something wrong with each video. The videos are played very slowly making a echo effect, good only for getting a headache. (If you dont know what I am talking about I could try to record it with Fraps if it works).
I have read this problem somewhere else - and I apologize if I am asking help for a FAQ - but I've tried the patch and it didnt fix the problem. I also tried to copy and paste all GF videos into GF folder, they works (while there's no GF CD), but they are still played slowly with an odd echo.
I have no idea what's the problem, I think I could run GF quite well on XP before I formatted my HDD's (I can't remember, I've used both 98SE and XP at the same time). Also I was wondering if I should download such a video codec to play them, I've tried to google something but it didnt help me much.
Any help will be much appreciated. Any idea?