lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Tiresome KSE (v3.3.3) problem
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-15-2007, 06:44 AM   #1
Formsvacka
Rookie

Tiresome KSE (v3.3.3) problem

I've decided to get into another session of Kotor 2. During a previous session, I used the excellent tool KSE 3.2.6, which worked like a charm. However, for this session I decided to get the newest version of KSE I could find (ie 3.3.3). This proved to be more of a difficulty than I had thought. First of all, I started a new game and then I sat down with the editor to make my changes. The changes I almost always make first of all is to give myself a couple of lightsabers and a generous sum of credits. However, when I had added a couple of red double-bladed lightsabers to my inventory, there were no lightsabers to be found in the inventory. After saving the game, closing it and then starting it up again, they suddenly appeared in my inventory list and I could equip them. The credits, though, still haunt me. I have tried again and again to add some credits, save the game, restart it and so on and so on. No credits.
In short: the changes I have applied (and the "Commit changes" process always works perfectly) do not appear in the game. What to do?
Formsvacka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2007, 09:27 AM   #2
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
I've never heard of that problem. Are you using the Credits field (the numeric field) or are you adding a credits to your inventory as an item (like g_i_credits001)?

Also have you tried KSE v3.3.2a?
tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2007, 10:12 AM   #3
Formsvacka
Rookie

I use the credits field. Any other attempts to add things to my inventory list have failed. Further, I've tried to change my character's appearance, raise my level and change class and raise my XP. All failed.
And I'm afraid the problem remained when I tried 3.3.2a. This is really strange, since I used 3.2.6 without any problems whatsoever, and it's the same computer and everything.
Formsvacka is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-15-2007, 10:54 AM   #4
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Are the savegame.sav files' timestamps changing when you click Commit Changes?

(Also I sent you a private message regarding the creation of a log file.)

Edit: Resolution -- TSL was running in the background, overwriting any changes KSE was making. Once TSL was closed, KSE performed as expected.

Last edited by tk102; 06-16-2007 at 11:44 AM.
tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
franzieperez
Lurker

If ur character has just started and hasn't collected any credits could that cause problems for adding credits?
franzieperez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2008, 06:03 PM   #6
Dracken Ketra
Lurker

Sorry if I'm posting in a relatively old thread, but this seems to be the same problem I'm having with the latest version of KSE, but with KotOR 1, not TSL. Any changes made register as "succesful" in the window, but when I check them in the correct savefile in the game, nothing was changed.
Dracken Ketra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #7
Lord Dagron
Rookie

Current Game: TFU , TFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracken Ketra View Post
Sorry if I'm posting in a relatively old thread, but this seems to be the same problem I'm having with the latest version of KSE, but with KotOR 1, not TSL. Any changes made register as "succesful" in the window, but when I check them in the correct savefile in the game, nothing was changed.
I'm also having the same problem but then my game won't even load.

I finally got mine working again. I unistalled the game and emptyed my override. and also deleted my KSE. I then reinstalled the game and redownloaded the KSE and I put one mod back in to test it and it worked. It's alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering." Yoda
" You don't know the true nature of the force , I must obey my master" Darth Vader
" And now young Jedi, you will die" The Emperor

Formerly Known As Darth Riddick

Last edited by Lord Dagron; 08-24-2008 at 08:20 AM.
Lord Dagron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > Tiresome KSE (v3.3.3) problem