lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What Would it Take to Kill Revan/Exile?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-12-2007, 10:04 PM   #41
TheExileReturns
Rookie

old age would kill them, Just like it killed Yoda
TheExileReturns is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-12-2007, 10:16 PM   #42
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Force ghost. "Strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine".
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #43
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthian
Actually, yes, I think someone could catch Revan in a situation like that. It's not that complicated. It's called 'Revan's on board, seal the decks around him, get all our troopers together in a bottleneck and wait for him to breach one of the doors.'

I'd say a Voxyn hunting pack could probably bring him down, too.
As we know it, no voxyn hunting pack can kill any main characters

Main characters, unlike minor chracters, are not subject to the swarm-kill rule, unless that is part of the story, then anything can happen(like having a sad chewie death).

Well, even a minor character can pull off a "none shall pass" death though.
PoiuyWired is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2007, 06:57 PM   #44
GarfieldJL
Banned

There is also the killing off of Anakin Solo, then blaming it on George Lucas rip...
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2007, 07:02 PM   #45
Davinq
I wear a fez now

Current Game: Portal
A very, very big gun.

Davinq is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-13-2007, 09:37 PM   #46
Reclaimer
Loves Keira Knightley.

My Revan can beat up your Revan.

XP

philla は陰茎のハハのwat の名前をであるそのlmfao のゲイの名前吸う
Reclaimer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #47
Niftyeye

Hmm maybe Sith Troopers armed with Slug Throwers (they the shots cannot be sent right back) to pin Revan/Exile in place, also a few grenadiers to support plus an Officer to keep the soldiers fighting hard.
Niftyeye is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2007, 11:33 AM   #48
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftyeye
Hmm maybe Sith Troopers armed with Slug Throwers (they the shots cannot be sent right back)
Hmm, where was this established? I find it somewhat peculiar that kinetic impact projectiles cannot be deflected while energy/plasma weapons can. If a lightsaber is able to slice through an armored blast door it should be able to vaporize a bullet on impact.

And even if this is the case you'd think a force user would be able to telekinetically push back incoming projectiles.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2007, 06:33 PM   #49
Nancy Allen``
Banned

On Jedi Academy I play as one of my RPG characters and always pwn Mara Jade sniping with a concussion rifle.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2007, 07:58 PM   #50
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe
Hmm, where was this established? I find it somewhat peculiar that kinetic impact projectiles cannot be deflected while energy/plasma weapons can. If a lightsaber is able to slice through an armored blast door it should be able to vaporize a bullet on impact.

And even if this is the case you'd think a force user would be able to telekinetically push back incoming projectiles.
Well, from what we know lightsabers indeed cannot deflect pieces of "stuff", namely bullets and slugs and whatever it is. Vaporizing a bullet would probably be a bad idea then, since you would get hit by a charging stream of superheated gasous-isque mixture(or even plasma if it is broken down enough). But using physical projectile against a force user is probably not such a good idea to start with. Even without lightsaber those slugs and things(and even 'nades) can be deflected back at you with pin point accuracy. Now, sending a blast of super fine meterial shards would work though I suppose, since the jedi may miss (may being the keyword here) a few of these pieces travelling at hyper velocity, even if he decides to blow them out of his way. Speaking of which, liquid launched at hypervelocity would work even better, especially if such liquid itself is hazardous, like super-heated, acidic, poisonous, etc.

Remember, throw enough mud against the wall and some will stick, and thats basically how you kill one of these jedi scumbags. no matter how good they are, if you throw enough stuff at them, sooner or later they will go OOM and that bit of fatigue is going to let that little shot go thru his defences, and BAM!

Well it is weird that it works on plasma though.

However, using a sonic weapon seems to work quite well. It cannot be deflected by lightsaber, and probably cannot be deflected back easily with the force. Well it doesn't mean that the Jedi/sith would get hit though. He might just shield himself from the attack, absorb it and/or move out of the way.

I always wonder though, what would a dustcloud of cortosis alloy do to the lightsabers.

ONE FINAL THING, Jedi can only DEFLECT A RELATIVELY WEAK ENERGY BEAM ATTACK. So get a BIGGER GUN. Even Yod in all his glory cannot deflect a DeathStar shot.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:39 PM   #51
MacTavish

What about a flamethrower?

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2007, 09:39 PM   #52
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Quote:
ONE FINAL THING, Jedi can only DEFLECT A RELATIVELY WEAK ENERGY BEAM ATTACK. So get a BIGGER GUN. Even Yod in all his glory cannot deflect a DeathStar shot.
I'm sorry but where is this information you are getting? Unless George Lucas specfically says that Yoda CANNOT deflect a Death Star Shot, it must be assumed that Yoda CAN deflect a Death Star Shot, just that he chooses not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2007, 08:24 AM   #53
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

Well, for that to work he would have to have a saber that is longer and wider. And he does not have such a lightsaber.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:42 AM   #54
Corinthian
Banned

Actual plausible means of killing him? The Cavrilhu Pirates in Spectre of the Past had a good idea with their trick. It's basically a room filled with rods that project out of the walls with a bunch of gravity well projectors, plus an air pump. As soon as you enter the room, the gravity well projectors start doing a dance, getting the Jedi real disoriented, then the rods come out and pin the Jedi in place. Then the air pump pumps all the air out of the room, and the Jedi dies. Ta.

Another good way? Six guys with ACP Array Blasters, or, alternatively, ordinary shotguns. That many things coming from the same general direction can't be reasonably reflected, and if they're on different directions, well, Revan can just kiss Bastila goodbye.

Other alternatives include: Planting bombs on the Ebon Hawk, rig them with two triggers. Either A: Proximity, or B: Hyperspace jump. You'd need to wire it into the hyperdrive to pull this off, but that's not a huge problem. Even if Revan gets his danger sense going and investigates, he's vaporized in the blast. Even if he somehow figures it out and stays away from the bomb, that means he can never use the Ebon Hawk again and is stranded. Even if he manages to find another means of transit, it won't be near as fast as the Ebon Hawk, the Sith would turn it into scrap.

A full scale orbital bombardment (Base Delta Zero) would kill anyone. They'd just need to time it right instead of jumping the gun and beginning the bombardment right before Revan gets on the Ebon Hawk. If they had moved just ten minutes faster, Revan would have been toast at Taris.
Corinthian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #55
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

ll you need is One Emo Gizka. Emo Gizka keeps killing himself, and keeps duplicating. That would consume anything in the confined ship, food, air and even space. Nothing like being killed by a huge encompressing mass of gizkas imploding inside the Ebon Hawk.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:24 PM   #56
Hallucination
Baron von Sexy

Current Game: HKO closed beta
Universe over, PoiuyWired has just won life.

Let's kill ourselves.
Hallucination is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2007, 08:42 AM   #57
i_shot_the_jedi
Rookie

Destroy his ship.

Great minds discuss ideas.
Average minds discuss events.
Shallow minds discuss people.
Which are you?
i_shot_the_jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #58
Shortynds
Rookie

Destroying his ship wouldn't be enough, as KotOR I proved.
Shortynds is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-03-2007, 01:29 AM   #59
Ben Bryddia
Rookie

SPOILERS!! Corinthian is right, I think, realistically voxyn all at once would definitly cuase damage. Personally though I say Darth Caedus could kill Revan OR Exile in a simple arena setting. For one thing, Caedus has the Skywalker blood. That means MASSIVE Force connection, one thing neither Revan or Exile really have. Next, Caedus spent five years learning from every Force sensative culture or society he could find. giving him abilities like severing his tie to the Force temporarily, fixing the future, and presumably a varrietie of Fallanassi powers Revan and dear old Exy have never known about. Next comes Caedus's ability to imbrace pain, meaning he could absorb massive amounts of negative nurological feedback. He also is a very acomplished lightsaber duelist and to top it off he has all the Force connection pirks of a Sith lord. Post Script: Caedus is evil Jacen Solo. Finall Note: I think I may add a tip top condition Cade Skywalker to bring Jacen back from the dead if he gets killed. (See Legacy Volume one Broken if you don't beleive me.)
Ben Bryddia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-19-2007, 08:52 PM   #60
TehBombKerushii
Rookie

If you're talkin game-play for Revan it might be one or maybe even two (depending on when s/he is attacked and how powerful s/he had become) Sith lords (not those cheap@$$ ones, the good 'ol ones ;D) For the Exile perhaps 20-30 sith assasians with a few grenades thrown in there. However if you're talkin about if they were LS and beyond game-play maybe if someone was actually sly enough to kidnap someone they care about (i.e Bastila, Carth, Atton, Handmaiden ect..) than do like an eye for an eye kinda thing (ya know, 'I kill you, love goes free' shmeel) I belive that in itself would be enough to bring them down. Won't work if they're DS though. XD

"When all others fail, I shall rise up from the ashes..I-"
"Would you just shut up! My goodness, for a former Dark Lord
you''re really annoying.."
"If I told you that was to kill you, would it make it better?"
"Both of you are childish..."
~LSF Revan (Kelay Vorall) DSF Exile (Repur Redael) LSF Exile (Kerushii Allen)
TehBombKerushii is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2008, 01:01 AM   #61
Darth Manus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Heh, am I the only one who thinks they're mortal enough to be killed by regular, run-of-the-mill Sith troopers?
You need to take the Stormtrooper Effect into consideration. The more troopers you mass against them, the more they'll miss. On top of that, either of them would kill about half the troopers by simply deflecting their blaster shots back at them if we use movie physics. If not, a couple of Force Storms will do them all in.

One thing that fools will never understand is that only a weakling lets the darkness control him. A mix of light and darkness is a powerful thing. Volatile, yes, but also unexpected, and thus even more dangerous.
Darth Manus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2008, 01:15 AM   #62
DarthJebus05
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclaimer
My Revan can beat up your Revan.

XP
Nah uh!
DarthJebus05 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2008, 02:43 AM   #63
JediMasterJambi
Rookie

Location: I'm In The Box Right Next To You, The One With The Floating Disembodied Head In It
Amazing...Am...Am I the first person to actually say on this theard....
Chuck Norris?

Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho
Your wish is granted...
Long live Jambi...
JediMasterJambi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #64
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I myself would just shoot them with a run-of-the-mill blaster, right in the head. Seems to me like that would kill both of them pretty good.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #65
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I'd say Darth Nihilus wouldn't have trouble against Revan.

Can't be sure about Exile, though.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #66
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Old age and if not, then... Palpatine!!

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #67
Feenix
Rookie

Actually, I believe everyone is over looking the most obviouse answer... what could kill Revan and the Exile? Simple.. Atton. Remember his training.

Feenix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-15-2008, 08:44 PM   #68
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
Either a being kileld by there ships beign destroyed and blowign up or HK-47

Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2008, 05:58 AM   #69
Mace MacLeod
Food-based rocker

Current Game: World of Warcraft
What would kill Revan or the Exile? Everyone missed the most obvious thing:

KotOR III being made into a MMORPG instead of a single-player sequel.

Be considerate to others or I will bite your torso and give you a disease!
Mace MacLeod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2008, 05:45 PM   #70
Darth Manus
Rookie

For goodness' sake, NO! I can already imagine LucasArts making Revan a raid boss so some hardcore nolifers can kill him once a week for epics...

One thing that fools will never understand is that only a weakling lets the darkness control him. A mix of light and darkness is a powerful thing. Volatile, yes, but also unexpected, and thus even more dangerous.
Darth Manus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-16-2008, 10:44 PM   #71
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Oh, come on. I can see it now: World of Knights of the Old Republic. And here comes the expansion: World of Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords, where you can go to Malachor V and enter the Trayus raid dungeon to kill Kreia with your forty-man raid group, over and over and over. Or go to the Unknown Regions to some Ancient Sith Temple with an unpronounceable name where you can do the same to Revan.
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #72
PoiuyWired
Unregistered User

No Kidding. And every lv70 Sith character would be wearing Revan's Mask...
On the bright side, everyone can have a gizka epic mount.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:22 PM   #73
Talyn82
Rookie

I think anything or anyone can kill Revan or the Exile, given the right circumstances. After all they're not Gods.
Talyn82 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #74
Feenix
Rookie

They've already tryed something similar to this.. it was called StarWars Galaxies and it failed miserably... sad to, starting off it held so much promise.

Feenix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2008, 08:34 PM   #75
Hawkstrong16

HK-47 could do it. if it didn't go against his programing.

If not that then two full squads of Sith troopers, one squad of HK-50 units, with five dark Jedi knights, and two Sith lords. that would kill both the Exile and Revan at the same time.

Camo-Man 07 Now Known As Hawkstrong16

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature

May The Force Be With You, Always
Hawkstrong16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #76
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
If not that then two full squads of Sith troopers, one squad of HK-50 units, with five dark Jedi knights, and two Sith lords. that would kill both the Exile and Revan at the same time.
In your opinion of course... but that seems like one of the more logical posts in this thread. Although, that is a lot of 'dark-jedi' to 'take-care' of with only two (maybe one, depending on what you meant in your post) people/ person. But one of the more logical post, as I said before.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-21-2008, 11:23 PM   #77
Hawkstrong16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7
In your opinion of course... but that seems like one of the more logical posts in this thread. Although, that is a lot of 'dark-jedi' to 'take-care' of with only two (maybe one, depending on what you meant in your post) people/ person. But one of the more logical post, as I said before.
I mean the Exile and Revan fighting together against the threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7
In your opinion of course... but that seems like one of the more logical posts in this thread.
Thank you!

(although I still think HK-47 would do better )

90% of teens today would die if myspace or facebook had a system failure. If you are one of the 10% that would sit and laugh copy this to your signature.
92% precent of teens today have moved on to rap. If you are one of the 8% that still rock out copy this to your signature

Old 01-22-2008, 01:36 AM   #78
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
^^^^^^^^^^

Your welcome. Most people think that Revan (and even the Exile) are invincible. I guess some people can't grasp that concept.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2008, 11:35 AM   #79
Hawkstrong16

Yeah. I don't understand why people think that. Sure Revan and the Exile are powerful Jedi but so were a crap load of other Jedi that got killed. When your fighting a Jedi the things that matter most are numbers and weapons.

(I still vote for HK-47)

Old 01-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #80
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Ooh! My turn!

To get him killed in-game:
Those Sith didn't prove any challenge. Adding the fact that if we put Revan into the Kotor 2 engine he could turn level 40 or something. He'd be as epicly strong as...no-one really.
Might throw an army against him. Die-ing in an rain of lasers, Sith and Emo Gizka's on a battlefield seems...good. And acceptable for all the fanboys. Except for the emo-gizka's...who'll cut themselves with lightrazors anyways...

An 'real' way to kill Revan:
A better duellist, 3 4 squads of Sith Troopers, 10 Sith, about that much.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > What Would it Take to Kill Revan/Exile?